• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 513 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 513

Episode 18: Animal Nut-Crackers

EPISODE EIGHTEEN

New Canterlot Forest, was considered by many as the most peaceful woods on the entire planet. It was large, lush with all kinds of trees and plants. ponds, and a small river.

This meant there were lots and lots of animals residing, and all were kept safe and well by the Forest Rangers.

Every now and then, the animals needed checkups and tending to, which was the vet’s job; but the vet was away on vacation, and so the rangers wrote a request that Fluttershy come and fill in.

The lead ranger was expecting her arrival at the station, and shelter at the entrance to the woods.

His name was Barker. He was a brown-coated unicorn with a dark blue mane. His cutiemark was that of a few trees huddled together.

Suddenly; a teleportation portal opened. Krysta was the first to emerge, and she was followed by Lightning and Starla. They had all come to personally escort Fluttershy and Rhymey, whom both emerged last as the portal vanished.

Shining Light and Button Fly were present too.

Barker approached Fluttershy first. “Glad you could come, General Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy nodded gratefully.

“To be here is my pleasure, really.
You don’t mind I brought my family?” she motioned at Rhymey and Button Fly.

“Not at all.” replied Barker. “I’m happy to have you all here, especially you, Commander Lightning.

Lightning nodded thankfully and motioned to his wife. “Starla’s been feeling a little bored lately, so I thought I’d arrange a good nature hike for us all, and I’d escort Fluttershy and her family here.”

Starla gave him a playfully, snarky expression “Gee, thanks a lot. You’re real thoughtful.”

She really was grateful and felt she needed this. It was almost like a family vacation, even if she was sharing it with Rhymey and his family.

For now, Fluttershy had a lot of animals to see in the shelter, and around the woods. So, she donned her doctor’s coat, and jumped straight into work… as her work song played.

If your animals are sick or really in some pain
Dr. Fluttershy will make them well again
Have you lost your bark, meow, or are you feeling blue?
Dr. Fluttershy knows how to care for you.

Wrap a bandage round your wound, and pull the splinter out
Dr. Fluttershy knows what care’s all about.

Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor-Doctor-Doctor-Doctor Fluttershy…

Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo

Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor-Doctor-Doctor-Doctor Fluttershy…

She gave checkups to all the animals that were in the shelter-- mostly squirrels, raccoons, chipmunks, and birds.

Then there were some animals that were hurt or sick…

…A baby deer that wasn’t eating properly, which she fixed by using her kindness to persuade the little guy what to eat and when to eat.

“Look, nice and yummy.
Ready for your tummy.”

The little fella couldn’t resist her sweet face, and ate his fill.


Then she helped a big bear that hurt himself after falling out of a tree he was climbing. She bandaged his sore arm, and put it in a sling.

“You go home, get plenty of rest,
…And no climbing for six weeks at best.”


The bear sulked, but he was thankful for Fluttershy treating him.

Kindness is a medicine that can make you feel swell
Dr. Fluttershy knows her kindness well.
Have you lost your bark, meow, or are you feeling blue?
Dr. Fluttershy knows how to care for you.

Wrap a bandage round your wound, and pull the splinter out
Dr. Fluttershy knows what care’s all about.

Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor-Doctor-Doctor-Doctor Fluttershy…

Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo
Aaaa-ooo-aaa-ooo

Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor Fluttershy…
Doctor-Doctor-Doctor-Doctor Fluttershy…

There were many animals in the shelter, and in the park, so her job lasted all day long. It was nothing she couldn’t handle, especially with Barker and the vet assistants. Some of them were fairly astounded by the kind and gentle way Fluttershy handled the animals.


While she worked, the two families took a nice walk, keeping to the guided trails through the woods.

Shining Light reached out to touch nearly every leaf, every branch in sight, but his mother wouldn’t let him. “No, no, no, honey.” she said softly “You don’t want to touch those, you might get hurt, or you may get itchy, or they may… tickle you!” and she tickled her little boy all over making him laugh.

The fathers and Krysta laughed, and so did Button fly.

Starla smiled warmly, as if for the first time in a while since she was on maternity leave.

“Thanks, guys… for taking me out here today. I needed this. It has been so boring lately.” She then touched her stomach, which was actually starting to bulge slightly.

“Hey, a little family time in the outdoors is great for me too.” said Lightning. “Because of work, we hardly get to do things like this too much.”

Rhymey took in a huge sniff of the air, and Button Fly copied him and took in a huge breath too.

Rhymey sighed happily…

“Fair is as the forest breeze,
It doth make the darkness cease.
No troubles have I, just standing here,
…Blissful quiet in nature’s peace.”

Moved by his poetry, everyone else stood silently and basked in the blissful silence of the forest, only for the peace to be broken by the sounds of someone approaching them.

“So much for the bliss.” remarked Krysta.

The footsteps got closer, and closer, and the friends couldn’t believe who it was.

“Queen Celestia?” asked Starla.

Her majesty looked up, “Oh, hello everyone.”

Rather than be dressed in her royal garbs, she was wearing a regular safari outfit—t-shirt, shorts, boots

She was followed by her two children, also wearing safari-wear, and two guards as escort.

The friends bowed in respect, and Krysta asked, “What are you all doing out here?”

“Mother takes us out on nature walks all the time.” answered Castor.

Celestia nodded, “It helps them to become in-tuned with nature, and to learn about the wildlife.”

“We found a sick animal.” Leilani said holding up a large shoe-box, and she handed it to her mother.

“We were taking it to the Ranger’s Station, so the vet can look at it.”

The friends decided to escort the royal family back.


Meanwhile, the School of Nightmares was wide awake by the constant sounds of laughter coming from Lady Phantasma’s chamber.

As her power continued to grow from all the energy gathered, the wilder and more frightening her force became.

She even ordered an all-school assembly for an important announcement.

Even though she was using just a magical projection of her two large red eyes, the forces of her growing power could still be felt all over the school, and many of the staff and students were freaked out while others were astounded.

“The time has nearly arrived.” she announced to everyone. “After all these eons, the world of dreamers, as we know it, shall belong to us.”

Mash raised his hand up, “Uh… forgive my asking, but… just how is that going to happen.”

The entire hall went silent with outrage that he would ask such a thing, but Phantasma snickered and answered, “Observe, if you will…”

Her red eyes glowed brightly and, off-screen, she showed everyone her ultimate plan for domination over United Equestria.

“Fascinating, My Lady!” exclaimed Zadovia.

“Absolutely astounding…!” agreed Magi.

Even Mash had to admit “…Okay, that is pretty neat.”

Phantasma snapped at him, “It’s far from “Pretty neat! Only with a few more boosts will our goal be reached.”

Emcee was impressed, but she had to ask. “Just one thing though: We still don’t have Arien’s sword. It’s still out there, and we need it.”

Zadovia adjusted her glasses and assured her. “There is no need to worry further of it. The sword is as good as ours. In the meantime, one of you, go out there and gather us more power.”

Magi offered to take the job. “I think I know just where we can get a large boost of power.” and with a wave of her staff, she showed images of a vast forest filled with wild life animals.

“You got to be kidding Me.” sneered Mash, but Magi was quite serious. “Animals are capable of thought and feeling, which means they are capable of dreaming, and a forest this size is full of creatures, which means loads of power for us.”

Not wanting to waste more time, she vanished immediately.

Phantasma’s image vanished as well, but her evil laugh echoed all over the school as her power continued to shake things up a bit.

Zadovia began to laugh as well. “This is finally happening!”


The sick animal turned out to be a gopher that was found outside its burrow. He looked so weak and tired, a little pale and he was awful twitchy.

Fluttershy looked into the gophers eyes. They were very red and bulgy.

She listened to his heartbeat, which sounded very slow and sluggish, especially when he yawned deeply.

His reflexes were not very good either-- he could barely lift an acorn.

“Is he sick?” asked Leilani.

Fluttershy shook her head,

“He doesn’t seem to be, that much I know,
But he’s not very active, and he’s weak and slow.

I have diagnosis, and it’s pretty deep.
I’d say he hasn’t been getting much sleep.”

Everyone just had to agree. The poor little gopher had been yawning a lot and he didn’t seem very active.

“Maybe he’s been working too hard, gathering nuts for the winter?” suggested Castor.

Rhymey shook his head,

“Winter is a very long time away
It’s too early to collect food this day.”

Suddenly, the gopher looked as if he was about to fall asleep, but at the last split second, he snapped awake, and began to leap about, patting his face with his paws.

Then he curled up, shivering in fright.

Barker was most surprised. “I’ve never seen this kind of behaviour before. It’s as if he’s trying hard not to sleep at all.”

Fluttershy could tell this right away, and she softly stroked the little gopher and asked,

“Are you trying to stay awake for good?
But you really should sleep, you should.”

Though he was weary, the little gopher was able to explain to her, and Fluttershy was able to understand animals pretty well.

“Oh… No…
…Is that so?”


The others all huddled around anxiously.

“What is it? What did he say?” asked Lightning.


Fluttershy looked up and explained…

“He said that every time he goes to bed,
A scary nightmare plays in his head.

Scary monsters, horrible sights,
Things that go “Boo” and give such fright,

Over and over it haunts him with pain,
that he never wants to sleep again.”


The little guy continued to quiver in fear, and he let out another big yawn.

“Oh, come here,
you poor dear.” Fluttershy said, cradling him in her arms and rocking him.


Everyone else felt sorry for the little fella, especially Castor and Lelani. They remembered that Arien told them once that even animals have dreams.

“Everything that lives or thinks is capable of dreams and nightmares.”


“This is silly.” Starla exclaimed “He can’t stay awake forever. He’ll hurt himself.”

Lightning couldn’t but wonder if maybe the evil nightmares were responsible for this, but it didn’t seem too likely.

“He says he has the exact same nightmare every time he sleeps.” he pondered “Maybe we could all stay up with him, keep him company, see what happens.”

Castor and Leilani jumped at the idea, but Celestia assured, “No, Children. Not us. It’s already getting late. We should get back home.”

The children looked a little sad, but being well brought up as they were, they knew not to argue with their mother.

Ranger Barker agreed to put up the two families in a cabin within the small village for tourists near the station’s camping grounds.


All the cabins were well kept, and stocked with food, and had all the comforts of home.

House-keeping even provided two playpen beds for Shining Light and Button Fly, whom were already fed and laid down to bed.

Starla and Lightning watched their little son sleep, while Fluttershy and Rhymey smiled as they saw theirs dream away happily.

It was almost sundown outside, and most animals in the forest would be going to sleep while night creatures started to wake.

The little gopher was still in the shoebox Celestia had left behind. Fluttershy had brought in leaves, and using a few cloths she had turned into a tiny little bed. Yet, the little fella still was too scared to go to sleep and was still fighting to stay awake.

Fluttershy tried stroking his little head to soothe him, or cover him up nice and warm to make him drowsy, but the stubborn little guy was too determined not to have that nightmare of his again.

He looked more exhausted than ever as his eyes went redder.

“You must go to sleep,
for good health to keep.” Fluttershy cautioned him, but the little guy still refused.

“It’s just no use, Fluttershy.
There’s no convincing the little guy.” said Rhymey.

Lightning came over. “Sorry to suggest this, but maybe you should sedate him. Then he’ll be forced to sleep.”

Fluttershy agreed, and was about to go leave for the station to pick up some animal sleeping pills. She hated having to use force, but the gopher needed to sleep.

Suddenly, just as Fluttershy opened the cabin door, it got much darker out.

The others saw it too.

“What’s going on?” asked Krysta. “It’s not quite sundown yet.”

Lightning stuck his head out the window and looked straight up at the sky. There was no doubt about it, “It’s a Dream Field!” he shouted, accidently waking the boys up, and they began to cry.

“Oh!” groaned Starla as she tended to the kids.

Rhymey gave Lightning a stern expression, and Lightning felt stupid for scaring the boys.

“I’ll stay here and watch them. You guys, go.” said Starla.

The others agreed, and while Krysta offered to stay with Starla, but Starla assured her, “I’ll be fine. I can use my magic to protect the cabin.”

Lightning agreed. “Come on, let’s go!” he called to the others.

He and Rhymey transformed first…

“Starfleet Magic!”

And then Fluttershy…

“Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!”

Then they all engaged their Dream-Modes, even Starla.

The gopher watched from his bed box with astonishment, and then he saw the fighters run out the door, and Starla cast her magic over the cabin.

It was so dark in the forest because of the time of day, and the trees covering everything, Lightning and the others had to use their visors’ infrared to be able to see clearly, while Krysta held up her wand with its glowing tip.

“This field must cover the entire forest!” Lightning deduced, and to all the fighters, this was not a good sign, because of the forest’s widespread, the barrier had to be real big.

“But why put up a field here?” wondered Krysta “There’s hardly any ponies to dream feed off of.”

Fluttershy then had a horrible thought.

“It’s not ponies they wish to haunt.
It’s the animals! That’s what they want!”

The sound of wailing and shrieking animals far away confirmed her theory.

“Let’s go!” cried Lightning, and he and the others rushed towards the center of the woods.


Being a nightmare, Magi didn’t mind the dark at all and could well-navigate it.

She was feeling very pleased, she had already siphoned the dreams of many animals. Many of them now lay tired and weak on the ground.

It made her laugh, “Who’d ever guess that such creatures could have such dreams.”

Most of the animals were cowering in fear at the sight of her, but a huge bear roared at her-- not knowing better-- and he rushed in to attack her, only for Magi to blast him with her staff, and sent him crashing into a tree, knocking squirrels, and birds out of their nests.

Magi snickered and raised her staff to hit them again.

“Hold it!” Lightning shouted as he and the others jumped out from the shadows.

“Oh, it’s you.” she said in a sarcastic tone. “It figures. Everywhere we attack, you show up.”

Fluttershy took one look at all the poor, hurt animals. Some of them needed serious medical attention right away.

Her anger boiled and raged, in a raging roar she began to rush forth.

“Fluttershy!!” Lightning shouted.

Rhymey leapt up to try and stop his wife from rushing recklessly, when suddenly, both of them, and Lightning were shot at by tiny laser blasts coming from the darkness.

Sparks flew everywhere as the fighters were hit, and they all fell over.

“What was that?” wondered Krysta, but she got her answer as she looked on.

Standing atop a tree limb, was a humanoid shaped creature wearing a simple burlap skirt and shirt. It seemed to be female. She had dark grey skin, long black hair, two red eyes, sharp fangs, and sharp, pointy antennae sticking out from her head. She spread out huge butterfly-like wings, which were black, and had evil markings that looked like teeth and eyes.

She gave out a monstrous shriek-like roar that reverbed all through the forest, frightening so many creatures.

“I see you’ve met Sputter-fly; one of my fine honor-students.” hissed Magi. “Isn’t just beautiful?!”

Rhymey shuddered,

“If by “beautiful,” you mean,
“Creepiest monster I’ve ever seen.”

The monster took great offense to that and narrowed her eyes squarely on him.

“Oh, now you’ve done it.” taunted Magi. “Get them!”

The monster spread her wings and leapt down, soaring in flying right at him.

“WARD SWORD” Rhymey grabbed his sword, and took a swing at the oncoming beast…


…CLANG!!

Sputter-fly used her huge wings, folding them in front of her like a huge shield, stopping Rhymey’s attack.

Then she flung her wings open, knocking him back hard, sending him slamming into a tree.

“Rhymey…
…Honey!” shouted Fluttershy.

She leapt in and began to punch and kick at the monster, but Sputter-Fly, proved to be quite the fighter as she blocked every blow, and then grabbing Fluttershy by the wrists and roaring right in her face.

Magi snickered and aimed her staff to blast Fluttershy where she stood. “Now I’ve got you!”

“Think again!” Lightning shouted as he rushed in, forcing her to aim at him instead.

She fired her lightning blast, which Lightning easily dodged and gave Magi a huge punch to the face.

Her missed shot struck a tree, cutting it down!

Fluttershy then scrunched down hard, flipping Sputter-Fly up and over her head, and then she aimed to give her a good kick to stomach, but Sputter-Fly, again, used her wings as a shield to blocked the attack.

The force of the kick still sent her soaring up high.

Her large antennae began to glow.

“Look out!!” shouted Krysta.

The creature began firing laser pulses in a massive swarm straight at Fluttershy.

Rhymey quickly jumped in and pulled his wife out of the way, allowed Krysta to conjure her repelling portals to send the blasts back towards the monster, which she dodged causing the blasts to knock off more tree limbs, sending them crashing to the ground.

“Oh, no!!” cried Krysta.

At that very moment, Magi blocked one of Lightning punches, and kicked him hard in the gut, knocking him back.

“You miserable creatures...!” Magi hissed “I thought you were all about protecting innocent beings, yet here you are helping us blast this eye-sore of a forest to bits!”

Lightning looked all around. The forest was just so big and massive, there was hardly much of a place to fight or avoid doing collateral damages.

Fluttershy was especially worried about all the animals nearby and how they still needed help.


Sputter-Fly then spread her wings out wide, and they slowly began glowing brighter.

“What?!” cried Lightning “Oh, no!”

“That’s right, my pretty!” hissed Magi “Show them all your deadliest attack-- a burning laser wave so powerful that it’ll blast a trail right through this forest and destroy everything in its path!”

All the fighters’ bloods turned cold.

“No, don’t!” demanded Fluttershy.

“She won’t!” promised Rhymey.

He gripped his sword tightly, fully-intending to try and stop the monster from shooting.

He leapt up high to attack, but the creature, again, used her wings to block while still powering up.

Rhymey kept on swinging and slashing his sword, determined to land a hit, but the shield was too strong and continued to glow brighter.

“DRILL QUILL” He unleashed his feathers, but each and every single one just bounced off the monster’s wings like they were nothing.





“What’s he thinking?! He’ll never hit her like that.” said Krysta.

Lightning could already see what he was really doing. “I don’t think he’s trying to hit her. He’s trying to keep her distracted.”

Fluttershy and Krysta realized the plan too.

“Ha!” scoffed Magi “Whatever you’re planning is about to get blown to bits!”

She raised her staff, ready to zap the forest herself, forcing Lightning and Fluttershy to rush her, and forcing her to dodge while still charging.

She blocked and swerved around all their attacks…


Sputter-Fly continued to fend off Rhymey’s foolish sword attacks, and her wings were glowing bright enough to light up the entire area of the forest.

Finally, she looked ready to fire…

…Rhymey’s chance had come.

He threw his sword, sticking it far into the ground, and then he quickly rushed forth, ducking down at the last few feet.

“Now, Krysta!!” shouted Lightning.

Krysta agreed, and teleported quickly.


Rhymey skid under the monster and gave her a strong kick, sending her high up, so she misaimed and fired her massive laser blast way up high into the air, only burning a few leaves along its path.

POW!! The blast and the monster went straight up, out of the forest like a cannon going off.

Krysta appeared near the blasts’ path and conjured up a large portal to absorb it, and a second one to appear right by the monster.

KAPOW!! The blast hit Sputter-Fly hard in a big explosion, blasting her far, far over the forest.

“You’ll pay for that!!” shouted Magi, and she readied to fire her own magic blast, but Fluttershy quickly found an opening and knocked the staff out of her hand causing it to fire straight up at the sky too-- thus avoiding any serious damage to the trees.

“Okay, brat…
You can take THAT!!” Fluttershy shouted, giving Magi a strong, flying kick to the chest, sending her sailing backwards through the trees and brush.

Krysta flew back down to the group.

“Did you see which way they went?” asked Lightning.

Krysta nodded and replied, “This way! Follow me!” and she lead the team on a fast flight through the woods.

Magi had crashed right near the cabin village by the ranger’s station. She landed with a loud crash.

“What was that?” wondered Starla.

Fortunately she had cast a silent spell over the boys’ playpen so they didn’t hear anything, and they slept like angels, allowing her to head to the window and look out through her magic barrier.

She and the gopher both could see Magi get up from her crash, and Lightning and the others all rushed out onto the open grounds.

“Yes!” Starla cheered softly. “Oh, what I’d give to be out there with them now!”

The gopher looked at all the brave fighters. They all looked just a little bruised and beaten, but they were still raring to go, especially Fluttershy... the very soft, kind, and gentle pony whom examined before was now risking her life against such creatures he saw in his own nightmares.

Sputter-Fly emerged from the darkness. She looked pretty bruised and sore, but just as infuriated and ready for another round of battle.

Too bad her wings were all frazzled and bent out of shape from the explosion. She wouldn’t be able to defend herself so easy this time.

Lightning said to Rhymey and Fluttershy, “You two handle the monster, Krysta and I will take down Magi.”

The others all agreed, and they split up.

Lightning do straight for Magi with a high-jump kick. She dodged and readied to swing at him with her staff, but he zipped out of the way, making her miss.

Krysta fired a swarm of beams at the evil spellcaster, which she blocked with her robe.

Lightning came charging in and tackled her to the ground, landing a huge punch to her face and knocking her hat off her head.

“I’ll get you for that!!” she screamed.

“You wish!” snarled Krysta.

“You can make it easier and surrender.” added Lightning.

“Never!” growled Magi, and she gave him a huge head bash to the face, knocking him off of her.

She snatched and replaced her hat back on her head.



Sputter-Fly was still able to rush forth, even when her busted wings, and she knocked Rhymey and Fluttershy over, but they both managed land firmly and both jumped after the creature.

Sputter-Fly shot her laser pulses from her antennae, which Rhymey deflected by swing his sword swiftly, giving his wife a chance to soar through and sock the monster hard in her huge face.

“That’s for the animals you hurt,
You awful, ugly, squirt!”


The gopher saw everything, and was he ever astounded; especially when Rhymey stood with his sword ready.

“And now, you…!
You are through!”

He powered up his sword, “THRASH SLASH”

The monster wouldn’t have it and shielded herself again with her busted wings, but they didn’t do any good! Rhymey slashed at her hard…

The monster wailed and screeched as shocking lightning consumed her. She fell over backward and exploded!

“NO!!!” Magi shouted. “Not my best student!!” but she saw the dream bubble burst, and with that, the Dream Field started to collapse.

Lightning then grabbed Magi and held her by the neck, nearly choking her. “You’re not getting away this time!”

“Idiot!!” shouted Magi “I can’t survive outside of the dream field!”

“Then tell us what we want to know!” growled Krysta. “Who are you guys really? Where do you come from?”

“Most important…” added Lightning “What do you want all this power for?!”

The field continued to collapse, but Magi only snickered and said “You shall know soon enough, and when you do…” she said nothing more. She made her eyes glow, and her staff lifted off the ground.

“Look out!” shouted Krysta.

Lightning was forced to let Magi go to avoid being hit, which gave Magi the chance to flee before things got too dangerous for her.

Lightning was infuriated.

“I can’t believe this!” growled Krysta. “What do you think she meant by what she said?”

Lightning shook his head, not knowing. “Whatever it is, it’s got to be something real big and real bad.”

Suddenly, Rhymey called to him…

“Lightning, Krysta, come this way!
We need help now, without delay!”

Rhymey and Fluttershy came in through the shadows carrying poor animals that got hurt during the battle.

Lightning rushed in to give them a hand, and Krysta went to notify the rangers to help as well.


Soon, all the animals had been brought to the station, and Fluttershy and the vet assistants worked hard to treat them all, making them all better again.

Ranger Barker was more thankful than ever, even though Lightning apologized for the slight damages done to the trees.

“I’m still thankful to all of you, and it could have been way worse. I’m just sorry I couldn’t have been more help myself.”

Fluttershy shook her head and said,

“Taking care of the park,
the animals and all that stuff.
Don’t beat yourself up,
You do more than enough.”

“She’s right,” agreed Lightning. “Everyone does whatever they can, be it their job, or a good deed. No matter how big or little it is, it’s still helping regardless.”

Barker smiled.

Rhymey came into the exam room quietly with the gopher in his little bed box. He showed the others that he was sleeping peacefully.

“I don’t believe it.” whispered Krysta.

Rhymey explained,

“He saw us beat the baddies,
That’s what Starla said,
Then she watched lie down,
…the poor sleepy-head.”

The little gopher slept so peacefully, and he didn’t look like he was having any nightmares.


The next morning, the gopher woke up and looked very well rested. Fluttershy gave him another checkup, and confirmed he was fine.

“I think you’re going to make it well,
as long as you continue to sleep swell.” she said with a smile.

The gopher agreed too.


Just then, Lightning and the others came into the exam room, with funny expressions on their faces.

“We were examining his gopher while scouting for damages.” explained Lightning. Then he held up a bag of chewed nuts found.

Even though gophers would eat nuts all the time, Fluttershy could tell they had been eaten during night times, probably just before the gopher went to bed too.

The gopher looked embarrassed.

“You know…” said Barker “I have seen the little guy having cases of the munchies before bed.”

Fluttershy shook her head at the gopher.

“You should never eat so much before bed,
No wonder you had nightmares in your head.”

Though the gopher couldn’t speak naturally, Fluttershy could tell that he promised he wouldn’t do it again, especially seeing Fluttershy and the others in action the other night which gave him more courage to face fears…

…And to show his gratitude, he gave Fluttershy a small peck on the cheek, which everyone thought was so sweet.


(Promo)

In our next episode: Swift Star is overworked and driven to the point where he is ordered to take time off and relax, which he has a hard time doing. The nightmares decide to hit him for one final stab before their ultimate plot unfolds.

How can Swift overcome his stress?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Working Nightmares”)