• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 512 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 512

Final Chapter: Final Part: A Dream Come Reality

“Previously on Starfleet Magic…”

Our heroes were trapped within magical dreams where everything seemed so perfect, that it drove the heroes into despair rather than bliss. They soon returned to the battle scene where it was revealed that Lightning had used the resources to clone himself into an army, which the others did the same of. Soon, Phantasma and her forces were overpowered by the heroes, but the evil didn’t stay down for too long.

FINAL EPISODE

Phantasma continued to loom over and laugh at the heroes.

“Somebody please tell me I’m dreaming!” whimpered Cadance.

“We ARE dreaming-- technically.” answered Shining Armor.

“Ha!” scoffed Phantasma “You just never learn do you?” she paused and then shouted “…DREAMS… DON’T… DIE!! You can try, and try again, and you’ll never truly get rid of me.

As long as there are nightmares and fear in your world, the darkness will always exist. Therefore: I… shall always exist!”

The children couldn’t believe this.

“I can’t believe it… We failed!” Castor muttered under his breath.

Lelani added with tears coming to her eyes, “After everything we been through; we’ve failed Arien, we failed the Dream World, and we failed all our friends!”

Lightning heard them. “No!” he insisted “I can’t believe that. There has to be a way out of this.”

Phantasma snickered. “There is a way out… AND I’LL SHOW YOU!!”

Her huge eyes glowed brightly, and the whole world began to shake around the heroes.

“Whoa!” cried Buddy. “Now what’s happening?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t like it!” wailed Artie.

Fluttershy held onto Rhymey, whimpering in fear.

The army of clones all wailed, and vanished into darkness, much to Lightning’s horror.

Soon, everyone felt themselves falling into darkness when a large hole opened below, and the wind currents were too strong to fight.



In United Equestria, the darkness in the skies began to swirl strangely over the New Canterlot fields.

“Now what’s going on?” Grand Ruler asked in total frustration.


The way the darkness seemed to swirl, it was like a giant rift was opening wide between worlds-- exactly what was happening.

Starla looked out the window, and set her visor to telescopic-mode. She could see beings falling from the hole, and she gasped. “…Lightning! It’s Lightning and the others!!”

Their majesties gasped.

“They made it back?!” cried Celestia.

She and her husband looked out and could see them as well.

“…THE CHILDREN!” Celestia screamed in shocked. “The children are there!”

Grand Ruler snapped up right. “Let’s go!” and he and his wife jumped out the window, and Starla followed them. She didn’t bother to care about staying behind this time!


Lightning and the group fell through the hole. The wind was no longer strong and billowing on them.

“Pull up!!” Lightning hollered.

Everyone snapped to their senses, and the flyers all opened their wings.

Castor and Leilani were far too scared from how high up in the air they were to focus. So Rainbow and Applejack lifted them both into their arms.

Cadance held Shining Armor, and the group managed to touchdown softly in the fields.

“Is everyone alright?” asked Lightning.

“I think so.” answered Buddy.

“Hey, look!” cried Artie. “It’s the Royal Palace, in the distance.”

Everyone else could see, and were astounded.

“You mean we’re home again?” wondered Applejack.

Nobody knew what to think right then, feeling this was probably another one of Phantasma’s tricks.

“Lightning…!!” called voice that made Lightning’s ears twitch.

“…Starla?!” He could see her racing towards him, but he still wasn’t too sure if it was really her…

…Until she collided into him, nearly tackling him to the ground while embracing him, and kissing him deeply, convincing him, “Okay, it’s all real.”

Their majesties came up to the group as well.

“Children!” called Grand Ruler.

“Mother…! Father…!” the children cried as they dashed over.

“Oh, my darlings…!” Celestia sobbed happily as she hugged her little darlings, and her husband joined in the family embrace.

“Where have you two been? Are you alright?” he asked.

Rhymey cleared his throat,

“Sorry to interrupt all this love,
But we’ve got bigger problems up above.”

“You got that right!” Phantasma called from above-- slithering through the opening in the sky like a smoky snake, laughing wickedly.

Because of all the darkness and shadows shrouding the planet, it was more than safe for her to exist.


From far and wide, people in the nearby village could see the evil creature and her wicked red eyes, as well as hearing her evil laughing echoing along the winds.

Their fear and worries only further added power to the growing-evil.


“Who is that?” asked Celestia.

“She’s the Lady Phantasma…” answered Rarity. “She is the one behind all this wretchedness we’ve suffered.”

Pinkie nodded, “We tried to beat her, and tried to beat her, and tried to beat her and-- well, you get the idea.

…She just won’t stay down!”

Grand Ruler narrowed his eyes angrily at the evil creature.

Phantasma snickered, “From now on, this world and the worlds beyond of all dreamers belong to me!

Even as we speak, my shadows are beginning to spread!”

She wasn’t kidding…!

Darkness was beginning to cover other planets like United Equestria, including other planets with Starfleet outposts. Even the refuge planets were half the populace of United Equestria had fled to when the danger began to strike.

“Soon, the Darkness will envelope all in its path.” hissed Phantasma. “All good dreams will cease to exist and the dreams cower in fear that the nightmares will bring for all eternity!

And all will mine to command and control!!” she laughed wickedly, and then she paused and gazed down at the pitiful group glaring up at her. “…And I wanted all of you to see it. You put up a great effort, but like I told you… Dreams Never Die!”



Castor and Leilani were most upset.

“I really Arien was here!” cried Castor.

“Arien?” asked Grand Ruler.

“Who is Arien?” added Celestia.

The Children then felt nervous, forgetting their parents still didn’t know the truth.

Leilani stammered and stuttered, “Well… you see… It’s just…” but she was interrupted when Lightning suddenly called up, “…You’re wrong, Phantasma!”

A moment of fearful silence followed as Phantasma glared down at him.


Lightning then smirked, “Dreams may not die, but they can be stopped, just like all evil can be beaten, and you’re no exception!”

“Ha!” scoffed Phantasma. “I’d like see you prove it. Look at you! You have no power left, no resources, nothing that can damage me, and even if you could, what’s to stop me from regaining my power and striking again?!”

Lightning didn’t have an answer to that, and he didn’t have to, because at that very moment a bright golden light flashed near Phantasma, blinding her and making her roar.

“What now?!” she bellowed.

“What is that?” asked Starla.

The other fighters all gazed up on awe.

“Could it be?” asked Dyno.

“I think it is…” replied Myte.


Castor and Leilani both gazed with wide-eyes. “It’s Arien!” they both murmured.

The brave night stood shimmering in the golden light and holding his sword which was also glowing.


Their parents looked up in astonishment.

“Lightning, who is that?” asked Starla.

Lightning only grinned and replied, “He’s on our side... He always has been.”


Phantasma was most outraged. “You…!! How? It’s not possible! You can’t be here!”

Arien’s feature hardened, and with one swing of his glowing sword, he cast magical, jolting, light streams around her making her wail and roar!

“You forget, Phantasma…” Arien scolded. “I too am made from the same force that dreams are made of as you are, and the very force of good and pure dreams was what allowed me to escape from your clutches and retake what is mine.”

He held up his glowing sword.

“And now, we are going to put an end to you and your wickedness once and for all.”

Phantasma still couldn’t break free from bondage, and while she struggled, Arien gazed down at his friends.

“You all know what you must do. Help give me the power I need to vanquish this evil from your world and our dreams.”

Lightning and most of the others agreed, but Starla and their majesties were most confused.

“What does he mean?” asked Starla.

Lightning took her hand, “Just focus on your good dreams.”

Their majesties looked at each other in confusion, but their children stood beside them both, and looked up them smiling with faith in their eyes.

Their parents already knew they could trust their children, and soon they along with everyone else in the group closed their eyes, and concentrated hard…

…At the same time, Arien shot straight at Phantasma, passing straight into her and disappearing from sight.

All at once, jolts of light emitted from the darkness that made Phantasma up, accompanied by groans and growls of agony as Arien hacked away at her from the inside.

Her form began to shrink away as she took more damage, and was unable to stop him.


Down below, the fighters just concentrated hard only on positivity and good things in their dreams-- not just wanting to save the world from Phantasma’s evil, but things they were grateful to have…

Each other… Love… Friendship… Family… and all the good and wonderful times they had outside of duty, like going on picnics, family outings, party nights, celebrations and other things.

Some, like Cadance, Shining Armor, Lightning, Starla, and Buddy… they thought of their deceased relatives. They weren’t thinking of how sad they were not to have them anymore, but how they were fighting in their memory and it gave them strength and motivation.

Their dreams and hopes traveled from them, in long golden streaks, travelled right into the wailing Phantasma, further reducing her, and granting Arien more power as he continued to hack at her.


Castor and Leilani’s dreams were indeed pure and noble; given their friendship with Arien and all they had learned about dreams. This combined with their well upbringing fueled the purity in their hopes and dreams.

Several more strikes from Arein made Phantasma’s force grow smaller, and smaller, until finally, there was a great flash of bright light…!

“NOOOOOOOO…!!!” Phantasma’s voice echoed as the last bits of her darkness were enveloped into the light, which soared high above the hole, back in the Dream World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXTSvVldqnw

The beam rocketed up into the sky, where it exploded like a massive firework, and a shower of lights rained down like droplets, vanquishing all the evil from the Dream World, and restoring it to its former beauty and bliss.

The sky was blue and shimmery once more. The fields were lush and green. The forests were thick and beautiful.

All the cute little animals were restored in Dream World too.


With the fall of Phantasma, the darkness lifted away too, and soon the sky was all blue and plain as it always was.

All the civilians still on the planet looked up in happy delight. So did Mykan… Swift Star…

…The darkness vanished all over all the planets that were being infected as the nightmares vanished; relieving the refuge citizens and denizens of those worlds.


Distance cheers were heard across New Canterlot, which made the fighters open up their eyes, and smile triumphantly.

“He did it” cried Castor.

“Arien did it!” cheered Leilani.

“No… WE did it.” Arien called out, and in a bright flash, he appeared in the hole that was still in the sky. “Words cannot begin to express the gifts you have given me, and for all the good dreams in existence.”

“So, does this mean the evil is really gone… for good?” asked Krysta.

Arien then looked a little concerned, “As you have been told: Dreams cannot truly vanish.” he held up his sword “For now, Phantasma’s evil has been sealed away within my sword. I shall do my best to keep it safe…

…But this does not truly mean something like this can never happen again. For just as there are good dreams, there will always be bad, and from them evil may stir up once more.”

Grand Ruler agreed, “Darkness and Light-- one cannot exist effectively without the other.”


“You mean we’ll all have to fight this again someday?” groaned Applejack.

“Nah… I don’t think it’ll be quite the same.” said Buddy. “It took a really, really long time for such evil to build up and actually make it here.”

Arien nodded, “Exactly, but now that I have regained my full and true power, I can once again protect the Dream World...”

The team didn’t like where this was going, especially the children.

“You mean you’re leaving us?” asked Castor.

“No! Arien, please don’t go!” cried Leilani.


Arien replied sadly, “I must. I am needed here to guard my world and keep good dreams safe.”

The children looked very sad, and their parents held them softly sympathizing with them.

“Will we ever see you again?” Lightning asked.

Arien hesitated to answer, but he bowed his head while smiling softly. “…You will know where to find me…” he paused for a long moment and then said “…In your dreams.”

With that, he cast one last gaze at the children, thanking them again for all they had done.

The children had tears in their eyes. They still didn’t want him to leave like this, but their parents had always taught them that sometimes things were for the best, and they promised to be brave and strong.

With that, Arien bid the group “Farewell, dreamers. May the dreams you dare to dream guide you.”

With that, he floated deep into the Dream World, and taken his place back on his pedestal, he turned to stone once more.

Thus: The rift had sealed, closing the dimensional gate.

“Goodbye Arien.” Castor murmured.

“Thank you, for everything.” said Leilani.

The fighters felt a little crushed for the children, but the children wiped their tears away, and then turned to face their parents.

“Mother… Father.” whimpered Castor.

“We’re… we’re very sorry.” Added Leilani “We’re sorry we didn’t tell you about our connections to Arien, and… and--”

The parents didn’t look too annoyed with their children, and actually gave slight smiles.

“I guess that deep down, we’ve always known.” said Celestia.

The children were astounded.

Grand Ruler smiled, “You two have always been big dreamers. I suppose we could have put two-and-two together.

Your mother and I raised you both well, and when we found out you seemed to be keeping some kind of secret, we knew it had to be super important that you were so reluctant to tell us.

…It all makes sense now.”

Celestia greed, “We understand why you didn’t tell us sooner. You were only trying to protect a special friend, as well as your whole world and your people.

While we do wish you had come to us sooner, this plays very well for the both of you, and it shows you are both growing well.”

The children smiled with sparkles in their eyes.


“…I could not agree more.” said a voice from behind.

Everyone looked round and saw Princess Luna standing in the field, alive and looking very healthy.

“Luna!” cried Celestia “You’re all better!”

Overjoyed, she rushed to her sister colliding in a huge hug.

The fighters were so happy to see this. Rarity wiped a tear from her eye.

“Luna…” Grand Ruler said as he hugged his sister-in-law.

“Aunt Luna!!” the children cried coming up to embrace her, and she crouched down and hugged them deeply.

“How…?” Celestia asked while holding her tears of joy back.

Luna answered, “I was very ill. Even while frozen I could feel myself growing weaker. I felt my time had surely come…

…But then, all at once, I started to feel something reaching out to me, a great power from beyond our world.”


Lightning and the others suspected it was their dreams and hopes that helped lift the darkness and save her life.

Celestia wiped her eyes. “Luna, I’m so happy you’re well again.”

“Us too…” said Castor, looking up at his aunt with love.

“If you didn’t make it…” said Leilani “…We’d never get over it.”

Luna felt like crying, and she embraced her family again.


Cadance and Shining Armor held hands tightly, and while they were happy to see their family, Lightning could see they clearly felt a bit hurt, and it didn’t take much for him to know why.

That evening, with a little magic and quick party planning and setup-- courtesy of Pinkie Pie, all over New Canterlot was partying in the streets to celebrate victory, and that the planet was once again safe.

There was no awards ceremony this time. Lightning and his friends were already high in the ranks. Swift Star did earn a small medal for his valiant efforts.

…Everyone was just happy that the nightmares and the darkness were gone.

The fighters invited their families to come and join at the Royal Palace, as well as in the village. There were all kinds of foods, songs, dances, and games for everyone.

It was always fun when a victory party was in progress.

Flurry Heart and Shining Light danced goofily with each other-- as children their ages would.

While the other four infants simply stayed with their respective mothers, while they had tea, sodas, and talked about their adventures.

Starla was taking it easy, having felt she was lucky to still be pregnant after everything that happened.

Lightning was just happy to be with her again, and he could focus on regular duty, as well as the growing of their family.

Lightning then could see across, at the next table… Cadance and Shining Armor were watching Flurry Heart dance and play with Shining Light, but they still had that hint of despair in their eyes.

He had to talk with them about it.

“Where are you going?” asked Starla.

“I’ll be right back.” he replied, and he pecked her on the cheek before walking over to the royals.


“Hey. You guys enjoying yourselves?”

The couple looked up at him and smiled.

“Sure are.” replied Shining Armor.

“Why wouldn’t we be?” added Cadance.

Talk like that-- pure denial-- only justified Lightning to give them a soft but strict look.

Shining Armor sighed, “Okay. We’re still a little upset from what we went through.” He referred to the dream he and Cadance went through, with Twilight and Fratello being alive.

“We know it wasn’t real-- just a dream,” said Cadance “…But it just felt so real. No matter how much we tell ourselves that it’s better this way--”

Lightning cut in, “…It still hurts, doesn’t it?” He paused as the couple gawked at him. “I know… I would’ve felt the same way if I got affected too.”

The couple realized he meant his own problems-- his own parents dying, along with his entire planet.

“It’s a good thing you weren’t thinking about it, or we all probably wouldn’t be here now.” said Shining Armor.

Lightning agreed, “I didn’t have to be thrown into any lifelike delusion. I always take time to think about my family, my home, my people…

We can’t choose what we dream about; it chooses us, but it’s how we let it affect us what really counts.”

The couple agreed, and promised to always keep their heads straight.

“Will you keep yours?” Cadance wouldn’t help but tease.

Lightning gave her a goofy expression, and said nothing. He didn’t have to. He always tried to keep his promises.


Later that night, the party was all magically cleaned up and everything was put away so people could all go home and to bed.


Castor and Leilani were tucking their children warmly into bed.

“Sleep tight, my little dreamers.” cooed Celestia.

“Say hello to Arien for us.” joked Grand Ruler.

“Father…!” the kids laughed. Then they let out sleepy little yawns and slipped off to sleep.

The parents sighed happily, and then they left their angels to sleep peacefully.

Along the way down the hall, Princess Luna waved to them both from a window as she headed off to do her night duties.

She looked perfectly healthy despite having been closer to death than ever before from what happened.

Still, with the darkness gone, their majesties like everyone else just wanted nothing more than to settle down to a blissful night’s sleep.


As Luna soared across the skies, over the sleepy towns and villages, she was pleased to see all was well and peaceful.

Of course not everyone was asleep in bed. Her night sentries were on patrol. Those with night jobs were at work…

…But still… those who were sleeping were all blissful, she could feel their peace as she flew along.

As she did… she felt she could hear the voice of Arien singing a sweet and lovely song to the dreamers-- “Music of the Night.”

…All was blissful.

MY BRAVE PONY

STARFLEET MAGIC: SEASON XI

Comments ( 4 )

Great ending. Looking forward to the next Season

Awesome! Can't wait for the next season! :)

11435046

11434818

Glad there are SOME people who understand the meaning of "Courtesy" and "Respect"

Login or register to comment