• Published 26th Nov 2021
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

A World of Madness - Visharo



A world torn apart by the disruption of harmony and magic...and all signs point to Celestia.

  • ...
 2
 318

Chapter 6: Kingly Dreams

Draconequus Perspective - Discord(Canon Character)
Faction: Discord and Company
Year 1 WT

"Ponies say revenge is a double edged blade. Do you think that is true, my old friend?" I peered down at a bunny. At first most ponies laugh at Angel, but after they get pummelled they stay away. There was this mare once who stayed in the hospital for a moon after she insulted Angel's tail. I forced him to apologize to her, he reluctantly went there and offered chocolates as an apology.

The bunny twitched his left ear before rubbing a paw over his muzzle. I nodded, understanding, "I'm so glad you decided to join my quest, I have few friends since the war started."

"OI! DISCORD! WE'R MOVIN!'" a green stallion called from the campsite. His horn was significantly smaller after he accidentally stepped on Angel. I chuckled, ponies from Kerry Bog are always so proud, so he tried to regain face by announcing a challenge to the bunny. Angel accepted of course, and the stallion lost much of his red mane.

I got up from my chair made out of cotton candy clouds and walked down the mountain side towards the others. Back in the old days, I would've snapped my fingers and teleported to where I wanted to go, but with the war and all, magic was somehow diminished greatly. I've only kept my cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain. I sighed, missing all the chaos I brought to Equestria. Of course, I wasn't the only one suffering. Unicorns can only use telekinesis and pegasi can not preform the Sonic Rainbooms(not that there were many who could) anymore.

I grabbed my backpack from off another cloud and let Angel hop onto my back. I walked beside ponies who wanted to go to this place for their own reasons. We relied on each other for protection and caring, but none of us were friends. Such is the reality of this war that Sun Butt brought upon us. I shook my head, how did it become so bad?

"Uh, Discord?" a pink mare waved her hoof to get my attention.

"Yes?"

"Where are the others?" In unison, I turned my head as did the ponies in front of me. Behind of us should've been a dozen other ponies.

"Hello? Anypony there? Is this a prank?" A grey stallion shouted into the fog that was quickly developing. No answer.

"Oh well, guess we just have to continue. The Dream Isles are just after this ridge," a dirty white pony took the lead, some rope slung over his back.

"Have you heard of the curse?" a mottled brown mare asked. I knew many curses, which one was it? I leaned forwards.

"No, don't think I have," an orange mare answered. Ooooh, I liked her, she had her mane braided so it look like an arrow(one you shoot from a bow).

"The King's Curse, it's called. The King wanted to go to the place we are going now, on the journey he lost half of his squadron in the mountains and the other half in the..."

"The Isles..." I finished, dread sinking in my stomach, "maybe we should head back?"

Nopony answered.

Author's Note:

Fun Fact: Kerry Bog is an Irish horse breed.
I wanted something away from the war, but still is tied to the war somehow. I guess the story with Octavia is kind of like that, but...I dunno. I wanted something different from all the fighting. So here is this chapter!

It seemed like I could squeeze in another chapter before my other project, so huzzah, chapter!