• Published 26th Nov 2021
  • 318 Views, 2 Comments

A World of Madness - Visharo



A world torn apart by the disruption of harmony and magic...and all signs point to Celestia.

  • ...
 2
 318

Chapter 9: Pardon My French

Pony Perspective: Dämmerung(Original Character-Me)
Faction: Risers
Year 11 WT

"Sarge, ze Allies are coming over ze hill!" I held a sword and shield with my telekinesis. My choice in weapons always made ponies confused, as I was posted as a lookout. Sergeant Wavy Blue gave me this position due to my sharp eyes.

"Aye Dam. TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS! ALLIES INCOMING!" The green stallion ran around the South Trench, banging his gun against the ground. He roused every pony he saw before grimly at the trench's edge. I haven't seen him smile once after the battle for the South Trench. I was at the north east trench eating soup when Wavy lost 120 ponies that day, all melee fighters. I got reassigned to Sarge Wavy to take back to trench 3 years later and stayed here ever since.

I looked at the incoming Allies. 3 whole squadrons lead by a very large purple unicorn. Rumor was it that he got promoted to general after his victory at the Middle East Trench(MET for short). My keen eyes could make out a machete slung across his back and a revolver floating beside him. I swallowed and relayed what I saw down to Wavy. He nodded grimly.

"Dam, what do you think we're gonna have for dinner tonight?" I sighed and shifted my gaze at the small pink stallion beside me. Pinkie Die is what he calls himself, nopony knows his real name. I have my suspicions that he's ex-Maniac.

"Beef hopefully. Focuz Die, ve need to be vigilant..." I looked back at the approaching army. Then I smiled grimly as Wavy fired a Trench Volley. Slang for 6 mortar shots. They arced high before crashing into the battalions. They scattered like hay in a storm. I sighed heavily when I saw that the purple stallion survived the blast, and he looked mad.

"Buck," I jumped out of the tower much to Die's glee and did a roll to soften my landing. I popped up to my hooves then groaned when I realized that I forgot my weapons.

"Silly, you forgot your toys!" I glanced upwards just in time to see a sword and shield flying at me. I deftly caught them both in my magical red embrace. My unkept black mane blew wildly against my yellow coat. I frowned at the sudden gust.

"PONIES, FIRE ANOTHER TRENCH! WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, CHARGE!" Sarge Wavy stood above us all, his green coat shining in the light. His broke carrot looked like a deadly arrow as he glared at the upcoming troops with malice. I groaned slightly at the noise the mortars made. "HOLD...HOOOOOLD...HOOOOOOLD...CHARGE!"

I rushed forwards, my sword and shield held close to my body. I was the only melee fighter at South Trench, which was uncommon for the Risers, but after losing all of his melee fighters, Sarge didn't want any other ponies to fight on the front lines. This made me the bunt of a lot of jokes, but I could almost feel the respect from the others as I bravely tackled the Allies alone.

The purple stallion lined up a shot with the revolver and fired. I simply stepped to the side and tackled a white mare beside me. Before she could do anything, I already snapped her neck. This is where the shield comes into use. Five different ponies hacked at me with their various forms of weapons. I swirled around, hacking with my own sword and blocking the attacks, that I haven't dodged, with my shield. I whirled around them like a dancer, not a single mark on me. That was the true reason that Sarge let me keep my sword and shield.

"He's gonna kill us all!" A blue pony wailed before running away. He didn't even take 3 steps before I threw my shield at him.

I sliced another pony's hoof before bucking her away. I shouldered a large unicorn onto his back then grabbed a violet pegasus, who tried to swoop down, by the wings and pulled her down onto the unicorn. Both of them collapsed in a heap and before they could rise, I raised my sword and stabbed downwards. I panted, looking at the circle of dead bodies. I glared at the other Allies.

"You vant some? I have plenty more to go arount." The ponies backed off, fear evident in their eyes. They started moving when another Trench Volley shredded through them. I sighed and limped back to the trench, "zey are veak."

I was a hoofstep away from the trench when I got tackled. I gasped in pain as I felt a blade sink into me. With all the strength I could muster, I twisted away and bucked my attacker. I stumbled to my hooves quite unsteadily and stared down at the machete that was now buried into my left shoulder.

"Scheiße," I grunted as I pulled the offending weapon out of me. Before I could do anything with it though, the machete slammed into me again. My anger flared as I heaved upwards sending the pony sprawling. I didn't even bother with the sword and stared at the pony. It was the purple unicorn.

"Vhy?" I simply asked, looking at his hate filled eyes. There was nothing left in those electric blue eyes, but pure hatred.

"I have no purpose! Revenge is all that I have!"

"No. Vhy?" I trotted closer and looked deep into his eyes.

"I want...AAAARGH!" He got up, his eyes close to literal flames, and bucked me hard. I flew backwards and hit the outpost tower with a sickening crunch. My rib's are broken.

"Schweinhund..." I pulled the machete out without a second thought and charged ignoring the excruciating pain. I leaped upwards and brought down the sword with a yell. The purple unicorn looked upwards with fear before rolling to the side, barely making it out. I grunted as I twisted and horn-butted him. He cry got cut short as my horn pierced his neck. With a flick, my telekinesis threw him over the rest of the Allies.

I snorted angrily as I gazed around. Risers and Allies alike were staring with their muzzles on the floor. Their awed trance was broken by the tower falling over. I shook me head, certain that a certain pink pony caused that.

"ENOUGH! Go take your wounded and go home. This battle was meaningless...as is this war. Come Risers, Stew is making Stew and the wounded need to be taken care of," Sarge stood on top of the wrecked watch tower.

"Uh...Sarge? Nopony was injured..." I didn't hear anything else. Who knew that the ground could move so fast. Then I realized what was happening.

"Scheiße."

Author's Note:

Th > Z
W > V
Words that end with D > T
Use "Since" instead of "For"
YEAH I TOOK A TUTORIAL, SO WHAT! U GOT BEEF? (I wrote it down here so I won't forget)

Just for ur information, I will be doing perspectives, because I just think thats cooler. Also, it was just coincidence that part 2 started off with the Risers. I promise that part 2 won't follow the same faction perspectives like it did with part 1.
If ur confused, me too. Don't expect me to explain.

Also, u might've seen the stories coming together...yeah expect that a lot in part 2. *Sigh* this is gonna be painful to keep track.

KUDOS TO...uhhh...Blu, maybe? kkat, possibly...some other brony? I don't know who to give my kudos today...oh well.