• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 34 Comments

Corruption and Chaos - Peridork



The past catches up to the Elements of Harmony and their children.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,115

Magebots and Warfare

Midnight Snack stared at the devastation in front of his eyes. Large swaths of earth were jutted at strange angles and the houses of the area were all flattened. He was confused because he had never heard of such widespread destruction. He noticed some movement in the rubble and began to walk towards it.

“Hello? Anypony or anybody here? I am just wondering how I haven’t seen anybody for a couple hours and I believe that the Rhinos are around here somewhere. If you need help with any medical attention I can attempt that.”

“A pony? I haven’t seen those in a long while. Any Equestrians that arrive either die or turn on back home. What is your name and creation myth?” Midnight was surprised because the creature was one of the allies of the Equestrians when it was the first attack of Discord.

“A Rhino? I thought you were myths and legends. The Rhino Republic was once the largest countries on the face of the planet. It was widespread peace in the land.” Midnight said reverently.

“Yes, yes. It was, my little pony, you have most definitely read up on history. I am Queen Ramad, and the word has spread of a pony from the north coming to get some knowledge. Is that you?”

Midnight stared bravely into the eyes of the Queen. “Yes, I need to know how to stop Chaos. If that thing isn’t stopped then what will we all do?”

“You raise questions I can not answer. The best thing you can do is follow me.”

The rhino queen turned and walked off with Midnight trailing not far behind.


The outskirts of Ponyville

It had been a long and hard week of gathering forces and, as such, the Diarchs of both the Sun and the Moon were exhausted. From flying to each city asking for aid for this attack on their own soil, a civil war of sorts, and making sure this raid on Ponyville would work was hard work.

Getting the required was difficult enough, getting Shining Armor to come was worse. Only with the help of Cadance and a powerful sedative made him able to fight against his seemingly possessed sister and her friends.

Four Days Ago in the Crystal Kingdom

Shining Armor was holed up in his stallion-cave and didn’t want to come out. The story Celestia had told him seemed like a madpony’s ramblings and it did not help that she had brought Pinkie Pie with her to explain the situation in Ponyville.

“No way can my sister be that messed up, I mean, there were signs that she had something wrong with her but...her with that nice teacher pony that she now kept in her attic and whatever Pinkie Pie was inhabited by as marefriends blew his mind. And all the rest of the Elements being similarly possessed causes some types of chaos in government.”

He was pacing back and forth when he heard the tell-tale knock at the top of the stairs.

“What do you want because I am not leaving this room.” Shining sighed, his shoulders falling.

“It’s me, Shining, it’s your wife.” Cadance called from above the stairs.

Shining worriedly looked at the door and said the first thing that came to his head. “Dear, you can’t come in. I...uh, locked the door and currently doing very manly, very private things. Thing that mares just can’t do.” Shining became white as a sheet when he realized what he had said.

“Oh, really,” Cadance said seductively, she had been trained by Luna and was the Goddess of Love so she could be as seductive as she wanted to be, “I seem to recall that there is one Alicorn up here who is your wife and is really good at doing very private things...oh, and forget about the door being locked I can just teleport in. But that door will come in handy when we begin the fun session.”

Shining had two thoughts in his head: “Why did I marry an insane nymphomaniac?” and “How do we not have more kids, we totally have sex all the time.”

Those were the last two coherent thought he had until twenty-four hours later.

“Did you hear something sister?” Luna quickly asked.

“Nope” Celestia smirked.


Shining Armor walked with a pronounced limp while giving what would become the speech of the Battle for Ponyville.

“Everypony, this is the day we have been waiting for, a day where the meekest in this battle when around the bars and taverns on this day years hence; they will say ‘I was there on the day of the Battle for Ponyville, see these scars and rejoice because I for for Equestria and the honor of battle and this day, St. Clover’s Day, these scars I was given on this day.’ Our names, the Apples, the Pies, the Bravehearts, the ponies who are brave of character and steady of hoof will always be remembered. Ponies who shed their blood today will be my family this day, the day of St. Clover.”

Shining Armor looked out and coughed because for once in his life he had brought complete silence to all that listened to his speech.

“Well then, everypony. Let’s get ourselves ready! One...Two...Three. Charge!”

The wall of ponies descended the hills towards a slaughterhouse. For the defending army was five mares, five mares that were angry.


The Ponyville Streets

“Depression seems to have left our little band of evil and those Princesses are standing at our gates, but if this plan works we will be completely fine at least for another round.” Psyche grinned.

“I have collected the Everfree dragons using fear, Greed has coerced the Diamond Dogs, Betrayal found a rogue cell of Changelings, and using our combined magic, have set up a forcefield around the city. Let’s see them get in.”

This was going to be a long day.


“Op, op, op, oppa gangnam style”

“Really? That’s the spell starter? I thought it was going to be something saying that cake and baked goods are good in moderation, blah, blah, you know what sounds good? A party!” Midnight continued rambling.

“Yes, you are right Light of Randomness, a party would sound nice. But, aren’t you forgetting something like fighting Chaos?”

“Oh right, well I’m off, oh and you are invited to my “Saved the World party...”

“Don’t be going just yet. You have a weapon that reflects your personality. An ancient artifact from before the Princesses, a construct made of metal and magic. What, as I can figure out, ponies now would call a magebot.”

Midnight’s face lit up when he heard the words. A magebot was in the testing stages with Bloom Industries, but it was very basic. To find a working magebot from before Equestria was a special moment. There was just one question on his mind.

“What does it do?”

“Well, it has six seats for the other Lights, and their weapons can be used with your magebot and there are enchantments to shrink the robot down for you to be able to carry it in your bag.”

“Thank you and now I’m off.”

“No, thank you little pony for protecting the world is a job I would not enjoy.”


Scale Harmony stared up at the towers of the Elephant castle and begrudgingly entered the stronghold of the elephants.


The weapons and their masters are coming together, the final trek and battle is coming. Fate’s course drives ever onward and neither mortals or immortals can fight against the wheel, for once it is in motion few things can stop it. The song of creation and progress is being woven.