• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 34 Comments

Corruption and Chaos - Peridork



The past catches up to the Elements of Harmony and their children.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,115

Parent Appreciation Day

The Frozen North

Chaos was bored. Performing feats of god powers just tired her out and actually she was beginning to regret letting Discord out of his prison. He was just so annoying to her. She just wanted a break and it always seemed like he was talking about one of those Element Bearers. Pinkie Pie’s joyful and chaotic nature, Twilight Sparkle’s laughable attempts of reasoning logically with him, Rarity’s excessive greed, Applejack’s funny little white lies, Rainbow Dash’s attempt at fighting him, and Fluttershy’s hated ability of being too nice.

“My boy seems to be enamored with those mares. I now regret not letting him choose his first girlfriend. That Celestia was one level headed mare, if only they didn’t have that falling out. Oh well, not every romance works out. If it did, I would have the ruler of this little Equestria be under my beck and call...or some grandfoals. There hasn’t been a new Titan since Discord and even then-”

The single-hoofed destroyer of Canterlot mused over her past and the logistics of Alicorns mating principles until she heard a voice speak up to her.

“Hello, my fairest Chaos, how do you enjoy your release?”

She looked down and saw the “hated enemy” of her son.

“Hello Element of Kindness, what may I help you with?”

“Oh you’ll see.”

Psyche then smiled. Nopony could defeat her new benefactor. She had thought of everything. The Elements of Harmony? Didn’t work without Fluttershy. Celestia and Equestria? Too weak against Chaos. The Crystal Empire? Too many useless Earth Ponies.

Her plan had no flaw.

Except for the two separate teams of ponies heading straight towards the frozen wastes.


Applebloom was standing proudly at the helm of her personal airship, the Industrial Complex, and she was tracking her son on the multiple screens that gave her the ability to drive her complex machine.

“Really honey you can take a break. I know how to drive this thing.” Sweetie Belle grinned while nuzzling her wife and pushing her gently out the door.

“Nah Ah’m fine. Good idea though on that tracking chip of ours.”

Sweetie chuckled before glancing at her wife again. “Well, I seem to be the only one who remembers how often we got lost in the Everfree. And knowing our families, any protection measures sounded good to me. I just never thought we would actually need it.”

“You an’ me both...”

“Wanna go back to bed to bed? I think we’ll both need it. Just put it on autopilot.”

“But, what about dan-”

Sweetie stared coldly at Applebloom. “Don’t make excuses, when have any flight accidents happened? Never. Come to bed for a surprise or two.”

“Sweetie, y’all know leaving the bridge is dangerous...”

“Yes, you’ve told me everything. Heck, I’ve helped build this thing. Equestria’s skies are the safest in the world. Come to bed.” To provide her point, Sweetie Belle wrapped Applebloom in her white aura and dragged her to bed.

To Sweetie Belle’s delight, the airship never did crash. They pair of ponies never did get any sleep. They were far too busy.


Equestria and the entire world of Terra moved ever onward in both space and time. No entity could escape the flow of time’s ever marching forward motion, and like the ceaseless waves of the sea, unchanging flow. Space, was to the ponies, was a construct helpfully created by the Creator. It was really the Creator’s plan that no entity could go against.

Her plan was to let Equestria change because of hard times. Chaos was just another one of her toys and nopony knew her joy of playing with time and history. Everything that was, and should be was just a way to stop boredom from her consciousness.

When she got bored of one timestream, she just left for a second, in her mind, and jumped to a different channel of reality. Each had their own differences, but all had the same cast of characters.

She just loved her cartoons.


Finally the magebot found its target. Chaos was sitting on her throne and was lounging around just waiting for the thing to land.

“Oh look what the cat dragged in. Someponies can’t seem to take a hint of chaos anymore. I remember when their Princesses enjoyed causing war as much as I do. Oh well, you take what you can get.”

She waved her hoof and the magebot ran into a brick wall. Not a hardened block of air. An actual brick wall.

“Let’s make the playing field more in my favor.”


Scale Harmony was worried. Apple Cider had scanned Chaos with the magebot’s scanners and came up with a conclusion that even with every one of the team’s powers activated they would not be able to win.

That put a new spin on the battle. But, she knew that they would win. She didn’t know how or why, she just did.

“Captain, we seem to be losing altitude and the bot needs a time to rest. If you guys can provide a distraction, I can power this back up again and we can have a chance of winning...jus’ need some time.

The group of foals just nodded at Apple Cider.

“Ok y’all lets go fight this here monster that has messed with our country, our town, and most importantly our families.”


The airship was scanning the frozen North for signs of equines and it found them on the final sweep of the sector.

The parents didn’t have to worry though because they saw Chaos right beside them. The Elder god was in her largest form and she was staring right back at them. Chaos began to raise her hoof in order to swat the airship out of the sky.

Twilight had the only feasible idea. “Okay everypony, grab onto one another right now. I am going to attempt a difficult ground-to-air teleport. I know that there are no recorded successes of this recorded procedure, but seeing as we have a giant God-like entity attempting to kill us...this works.”

Shining Armor began to speak up, but ran out of time. “Twilight, I really don’t think-”

The entire party blinked out of the airship.


The foals stared at the airship while it was brought down in one strike by Chaos. They began to sob loudly like any foals in shock would do because they all recognized the airship. It was Bloom Industries' flagship, The Industrial Complex.

“No, no, no, no. I told every single one of you to say goodbye to your parents. Why would they come after us? Celestia even told us before we left that this fight would probably kill us...so why did they die? Why?”

The foals began dealing with the shock in their own ways. Eros hid his emotions under a mask of calm, Midnight Snack began to mumble crazily to himself, Zap Apple and Apple Cider found comfort in family, Chroma hid her face with her mane and sat staring at the ground. Scale Harmony was replaying the moment in her mind.

They had lost the will to live.

“Well, Ah’ll be Twi’ y’all definitely scared all of us for a moment but besides a few few scratches on yer brother, none of us were hurt.” a voice drawled.

“Really, girls, you still underestimate my ability with magic. Applebloom, where is your tracking device pointing us?”

“Our silly foals are right ahead of us.”

And that’s when the two groups met.

All the foals turned and saw that their now very much appreciated parents were staring at them. In a few minutes, all the sad. unhappy foals were turned back into crying foals attempting to regain favor with their parents by begging as much as they could.

Rainbow Dash was the first to speak up. “Alright, everypony. Let’s stop Chaos, Discord, and Psyche. Let’s split up into three teams. Applejack, you take a team against Discord. Twilight, you are going to fight against Chaos. Chroma, you and I are going to save Fluttershy.”

“Rainbow-” Twilight tried to protest the decision, but quickly changed her mind after looking at the pegasus’ face.

“Twilight, I know this must be done. I have been not the best of mares for Fluttershy since the last battle, and that was ten years ago. In that time since, I have drawn ever closer towards my work and tried to write off my loving wife as a mare with something wrong with her. I was the one that suggested her going to a psychiatrist to talk about her problems. I was the one that didn’t notice her change in behavior and I didn’t stop her from killing all her animals...”

The cyan mare stopped speaking and just stood there crying. Finally, she was able to let her emotions out that she had kept inside for so long.

Chroma just stood there taking in the sight of her mom crying. Outside of weddings, she had never seen her mother cry so she began to walk towards her mother in order to calm her down.

She hugged her mother as tight as she could and stroked her multicolored mane as Dash cried into her side. She attempted to drape a wing over her mother as she snuggled closer.

“Mom, when we get through all this do you want to go on a vacation to Zebrica? Then I can tell you all the awesome things I did in my journey. I know you would like that, since you were the mare that made me like reading those Daring Do stories. I know five friends of mine that probably would like to share their stories as well.”

Chroma stared at her friends until they vigorously shook their heads up and down. Dash, bleary eyed, looked at her daughter and smiled.

“I would like that. squirt.”

Author's Note:

And now come the battles. A note to my readers: I absolutely love writing sad parts in my stories, but it always sucks when I am typing at, I don't know, five in the afternoon and I am trying to stop from crying while writing these parts of chapters. I guess I just like these here characters a lot and seeing a story end completely on any note when I have been working on it for a few months is just a moment that gets to me.

I think in my next story I might name parts of Appleloosa for the foals. Or at least some of them to keep an homage to this story. Oh, and the whole Creator bit, was to symbolize that the story was ending and I like writing strange bits like that.