• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 34 Comments

Corruption and Chaos - Peridork



The past catches up to the Elements of Harmony and their children.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,115

A New Beginning

Ten years have passed since the defeat of Samael. Everything had gone back to normal. A new normal, to be sure, but still pretty normal. Except for two things: what of other, yet unknown, threats to Equestria; and repressed feelings can come back to haunt you.

Our tale restarts on a beautiful day in Equestria...


Zap Apple looked proudly at the coming zap apple harvest. She always loved this time of year. Was it the elegant way the trees swayed in the breeze or was it the sounds of hard-working ponies eking out a living with their own hooves; either way both of her mothers would agree.

She was quickly snapped out of her reverie by an explosion heard from Bloom Industries.

“Now what has my dearest relative got hisself into?”


Five Minutes Earlier

Apple Cider was in his laboratory. He needed a lab for his creations. In the ten years since he was born his concoctions had become more and more dangerous. Starting with hard cider, he branched out into all fields of study: petroleum, explosives, firearms, radios, robots, and other types of alcoholic beverages.

Currently, he was attempting to perfect his “Apple Cider’s Famous Non-Lethal Bottle of Perfectly Legal Moonshine.” His brew was currently had the highest alcoholic content currently in Equestria: 190 proof. It was notable for also being highly flammable.

And Apple Cider was standing near an open flame.

He realized his mistake too late.

“Oh Sweet Celestia”

BOOM!

Scale Harmony finished her music lesson. Being related to Ponyville’s few resident musicians gave her one skill. She was naturally gifted with any instrument .

She grumbled to herself.

“Why do I have to take these lessons anyway? I just want to form a rock band with some of my buddies and hit up Canterlot to party.”

Unlucky for her, she was grounded.

Indefinitely.


Prince Eros was enjoying his vacation to Ponyville. All the subjects of Princess Celestia were calmly walking around. He was actually surprised. For having the Bearers of the Elements, Ponyville was an altogether peaceful town. Actually, the small alicorn was surprised. His father, Shining Armor, warned him about the town before Eros went on his trip.

“I really do not comprehend my father’s words about this town. Why did he say watch for any twitches from Pinkie Pie? Why did he warn me about the Everfree Forest? Sure, it is close to this town of Ponyville, but it can’t be all that bad.”

Just then he saw where he was headed.

The Sugarcube Corner Library.

“I still don’t understand the use of calling it that.” Eros said quietly to himself.


Midnight Snack was bored. Not bored, but bored. To put it in perspective, boredom never came to him. Being related to Pinkie Pie cured boredom easily. But today...he was bored. So he did what any normal, well adjusted colt would do.

Solve the last magical theorem of Starswirl the Bearded...and talk to himself.

“Let’s see carry the two, divide by 7...”

Just then Eros came through the door and Midnight Snack’s boredom was over. Ponyville’s second-best party planner couldn’t back his excitement.

“Eroshowareyoudoing. Whyareyouhere? Thiscallsforaparty!”

Eros could just stare as his cousin ran around the room like a madcolt. He had forgotten how excited his cousin could get. The last time they had met, the two of them almost caused the Changelings and Equestria to go to war. And it was all because of one of the purple colt’s parties.

He groaned. “Hello, my dear cousin how have you been?”


Chroma napped in her favorite spot: her cloud bed in her own room in Ponyville. Her parents were the current Wonderbolt captain and the most famous doctor/ former model in Equestria. The other mares were just as famous as her parents were. Applejack and Rarity were known throughout the land. AJ was a successful businessmare, while Rarity was the most famous dressmaker in Equestria. Pie was running a successful chain of bakeries and Twilight was the Headmaster of Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.

Besides that, the Bearers’ lives were normal. Usually. And when they weren’t...

Chroma sighed and brushed her multi-hued mane. She thought back on the last few weeks.

A Few Weeks Ago

Chroma flew home from school. She was giddy with excitement. She had passed Flight School with flying colors. In the final test, she had completed her mother’s skill: the Sonic Rainboom. She had become an instant celebrity.

All of that left her mind once she got home.

“Hey mom, you here?” Chroma called to Fluttershy. No answer came from inside the house.

“Weird, I usually hear some noises coming from our house.” The little pegasus opened the door and was greeted by a sight out of a horror movie. Every animal was dead.

“Hello, if my mom knew you did this, whoever you are, she would hurt you really badly.” the filly said with fear creeping into her voice. A figure drenched in blood walked down the stairs. “Hello, Chroma how was your day?” Fluttershy smiled happily.

“Mom, did you do this?” Chroma asked nervously.

“No dear, she did...” Fluttershy pointed at the mirror.

Fluttershy’s reflection grinned evilly back at her.

“Hello Chroma, my little insignificant pony. You are probably wondering why I’m here. I have always been here in this body since you were born. You see, your mother, by killing our Lord Samael let us out. My brethren and I, the great and terrible Psyche, will destroy the world from within. Abandon all your hope, feel despair for what you knew was a peaceful mare.”

And with those words, disappeared. Chroma ran to her mother to check if she was hurt. Unluckily for her, Fluttershy reawakened from her hypnotized state.

“Chroma, what’s wrong...” Fluttershy trailed off as soon as she realized that she was covered in blood. She began to have a mental breakdown.
“ I thought I was good. I took my medication, I did everything Doctor Whooves told me to do; why did this happen?”

Those were the last decipherable words her mother said to her before falling into a catatonic state.


With that, the other Bearers of Harmony were called to Canterlot about this new problem. This was troubling news, the Eternal Herd’s movements on Equestria always caused major destruction.

Also, the Princess gave troubling news...the gates between the worlds were weakening.


In a Faraway Place

Psyche gathered her brothers and sisters. The six were ready to set their plan in motion.
“Hello my brethren it is time for our plan...corrupting the Elements of Harmony.

The six began to laugh. Their voices echoed throughout the halls of the building.


Ponyville General Hospital

Psyche regained control of Fluttershy. When she opened her eyes, it was the face of a cold-blooded killer. She pulled out the medical instruments in her body and quickly ran off into the night.

“Escaping was easier than I expected. I really wanted to kill some guards. I guess that will just have to wait.”


In Equestria, the day has finished. In its place comes a night. Chaos will soon rule. Discord, in the big scheme of things, will be just a court jester to the chaos coming.

All across the land, everypony alike sleeps blissfully unaware of the danger present in all of them. For when the Elements fall, the true evil buried away in their hearts will turn everything against one another.

For the Elements of Harmony were not just a weapon; they were also a barrier against the evil forces in the Eternal Herd...