• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 1,600 Views, 22 Comments

The Legend of Starlight-Book 2: Love at Second Sight - twow443



As a new threat returns to Equestria, the young prince Starlight needs to protect his heart.

  • ...
13
 22
 1,600

All Good Things.....

Chapter 1-All Good Things....

I woke up on Twilight's rug with a big yawn. I looked around the room with a feeling of calm. I got up and started to get ready for the day. After taking a quick shower, changing my clothes, cleaning my sword and putting my crown on, I yelled to Twilight, “Hey, I'll see you a little later!”

The purple unicorn walked into the room, levitating a book. “You going to hang out with Rainbow all day again?” she asked with a smirk.

I tapped her on the head. “No, I'm helping Applebloom and her friends today. I've been putting it off for too long.”

Suddenly there was a slam at the front door. Scootaloo walked in, slightly dizzy. “Come on, Prince!” she yelled. “This is the day we get our cutie marks!!” I followed her out the door, waving goodbye to Twilight. Once outside, I stretched my wings and followed Scootaloo on her scooter.

Oh I'm sorry. I never introduced myself. I'm Starlight, Prince of Equestria. My sisters are Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. I'm a alicorn like they are, but half of my body is human. I still have the horn and wings of an alicorn, but the rest of my body is human. In fact, Celestia and I were talking about that when Luna left Canterlot.

“Starlight,” Celestia had said. “You do know that we alicorns are virtually immortal, correct?”

“Yes,” I had said. We were sitting outside, watching over the town.

“I was doing some research, and I realized that we need to step up our search to turn your body back to normal.” she told me.

“Why is that?” I asked.

“Because your body is cursed, it nullified the protective charm your body had when you were born.” Celestia had said. “You won't die as easily as others, but you still can.”

So that was a priority and I knew that Celly would work on that. But you might be wondering why I'm living in Ponyville instead of in Canterlot. About 2 and a half weeks after I was crowned prince, Celestia had walked up to me when I was in the castle's training yard, practicing with Stormtide and my cutie marks. “Stary? I was wondering if you had a problem living in Ponyville for a while.”

“No,” I said, taking a drink of water “I've been there pretty much all the time. What's up?”

“I need to stay in Canterlot, to keep order and Luna has things she needs to do. Plus, I thought it would be good for you to be with other ponies then just royalty all the time. My student Twilight agreed to house you.” And that's how I'm living in Ponyville now.

Few more things I should address. My sword was called the Blade of Equestria and was my proof of being a prince. Not to mention the fact it was a sweet weapon. The sword's magic was so strong, it had bonded to my soul, making it so I could summon and desummon the sword at will. I had decided to nickname my sword, “Stormtide.”

Last thing is about my cutie marks. Yes I said marks. On my right hand was a star with beams coming of it. Above it was a sun and below it was a moon. The beams of light wrapped around my arm up to my elbow. On my left had was the cutie mark of 6 of my special friends. It was a very rare ability called the “Cutie Stamp.” The basics about it was that whenever I bonded with a pony, their cutie mark would appear on my hand and give me special powers.

PHEW, that was a lot of words. Where was I? Oh yeah.

I was standing with the CMC(Cutie Marks Crusaders) at the top of a hill. The 3 fillies, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, had hang gliders on their backs.

“You sure about this guys?” I yelled.

“Sure we are, Prince!” Sweetie Belle said. “This'll totally get us our cutie marks!”

“Okay, but I'll stopping this if it gets dangerous!” I stepped back from them and extended my wings to their full length. Then I gave a mighty flap and the air whooshed them off the hill. I leapt off after them.

“Alright!” Scootaloo yelled as they glided. “This is great!”

I soared with them, quietly thinking. Suddenly I felt weight on my back. I rolled over and saw Rainbow Dash standing on my stomach. “Oh thanks for the ride, Prince! My wings were getting sore.”

“I told you to call me by my name Rainbow.” I said, pushing her off. She flew up beside me.

The three fillies landed safely and Rainbow and I landed by them. The 3 of them checked their flanks then sighed. “Darn!” Applebloom said. “No cutie marks!”

Sweetie Belle walked over to me and gave me Bambi eyes. “Could we please do it again?”

I shook my head, “Sorry, but I'm going to fly a bit with Rainbow okay?” The three fillies nodded then ran off, shouting ideas to each other.'

Rainbow nudged me in the side. “Full of energy aren't they?” I nodded. “Let's fly!” We both took off into the air.

As we flew, Rainbow said, “So how is it going, living in Ponyville?”

“Little tiring.” I said. “Everypony wants to...be around me.”

“Well you are the prince.” she said. “Of course they all want to be around you.”

“Yeah....” As we flew I could tell that Rainbow was....looking me over. Whenever I looked at her, she would move her eyes away. We had done this a lot lately, fly together. And I'll admit that I well....I had feelings for her, not that I could ever tell her that. We finally rested on our cloud we had created it by her bunching clouds together and I colored it in.

As we sat, I decided to tell her. “Rainbow,” she looked at me. “I need to tell you something. I....” Suddenly something slammed into me and knocked me off the cloud.