• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 1,600 Views, 22 Comments

The Legend of Starlight-Book 2: Love at Second Sight - twow443



As a new threat returns to Equestria, the young prince Starlight needs to protect his heart.

  • ...
13
 22
 1,600

Feathers and Friends

Chapter 2-Feathers and Friends

I slipped off of the cloud but I grabbed it and whipped myself up. “Wha...?” I said.

In front of me was Rainbow and a.....griffon? Rainbow was staring angrily at it and I summoned Stormtide. I stepped next to Rainbow and asked, “Who exactly are you?”

The griffon looked at me like she was going to attack, but she apparently realized what I was. “Oh I'm sorry Prince Starlight.” she said. “I'm Gilda.”

That name sounded weirdly familiar. Rainbow said, “I'm sorry Prince, but could we have some time alone? I need to talk to her.”

I could tell that they had past history, so I didn't argue the point. “Sure Rainbow, I'll go around and visit some of our friends.”

Rainbow nodded, still glaring at Gilda. I saw Gilda slightly bow to me as I jumped off the cloud.


Rainbow Dash glanced over as she saw Starlight jump off the cloud. Gilda said, “So that's the new prince? I really wished I could have been there to see him being crowned”

“Why are you back here, Gilda?” Rainbow said. “You said we were all “lame” remember?”

“Yes I did.” Gilda said. “I realized though that I was rather mean to your friends and I wanted a chance to make it up to you guys.”

Rainbow looked at her former friend. “It isn't up to me. You'll have to talk to my friends. Also, you'll need to ask the prince if it's okay that you stay in Ponyville.”

“You're close to him, aren’t you?” Gilda asked. “Could you ask him for me?”

“Well,” Rainbow said. “Maybe if you beat me in a race!” She leapt off the cloud and took off. Gilda looked in the direction and smiling to herself, followed Rainbow.


As I fell to Ponyville I kept a look out for Rarity's boutique. I had made it a point to myself that I would try to get closer to all of my friends. And I had another reason to visit Rarity. “There it is!” I said to myself as my eyes swept across it. I twisted my body upward and slammed into the ground, feet first. I wasn't hurt, but I left indents in front of the house. “Well,” I said, fixing the dents. “Good to know that I can survive falling to the ground from like 2000 feet.” I knocked on the door.

Sweetie Belle answered the door. “Oh, hi Prince Starlight!” Bowing her head she asked, “Were you here to see Rarity?”

I tapped her on the head. “Yeah, she here?”

“Yup!” the filly said. “Follow me!” I walked in, shutting the door behind me.

We walked into Rarity's design room, Sweetie Belle ran up behind her and exclaimed, “Sis, guess who's here?!”

Rarity sighed. “Sweetie Belle, I told you to not bother me when I'm...”, she turned around and saw us standing there. “Oh, Prince Starlight! I'm so sorry!”

Now the thing is about Rarity, she was in her element around royalty. It was a little tiring because ever since I was crowned prince, she INSISTED on being completely formal with me, even though I told all of my friends to treat me normally. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. “It's fine Rarity, I did need something though.”

She stepped back and said, “What do you need me to do?”

“Well, it's more of a favor.” I snapped my fingers and the shirt I was wearing when I landed on Equestria appeared in my hands. “I was wondering if you could fix this. Nightmare tore a nasty hole in it when I was fighting her, and since it's the only thing I have from Earth, I'd kinda...”

“Say no more, Prince.” Rarity said, magically whipping the shirt from my hand. “I'll fix it good as new. No, better then new! I'll be amazing!”

I smiled, “Thanks. I need to go talk to Pinkie. See ya.” Rarity bowed to me as Sweetie Belle walked me out. “See you later, Starlight!” Sweetie Belle yelled and shut the door.

I walked though Ponyville, talking to some of the ponies along the way. Suddenly I felt danger above me. I dashed out of the was as a big crate landed where I was. Stormtide appeared in my hand as I looked up...and saw my friend Derpy Hooves. “Sorry, Starlight!” she yelled as she flew over to me. “I was just so happy to see you, I forgot I was holding the box!”

I desummoned Stormtide and hugged Derpy. “It's fine. I was hoping to see you.” I magically repaired the crate and whatever was inside. “Where you heading? I'll help.”

“This mail crate goes to ummmmm.” Derpy checked the box. “Sugercube Corner!”

“Okay.” I said. Derpy and I walked over, talking. When we reached it I tapped Derpy and said.”We're gonna hang out soon, okay?”

Derpy gave me a big hug and said, “Yup!! Bai, Starlight!”

Walking inside, I went over to the counter. Pinkie popped her head up, slightly shocking me. “Hai, Prince!!!!” Immediately she ran in the back and came out with a tray of cookies. “Try some!!!”

I took one and asked Pinkie. “Hey, I'm planning a surprise for Rainbow tomorrow night. Any way you could save a table for us?”

“Oh yes!” Pinkie said. “Is it gonna be like a date, because I love dates! Oh you should totally go on a date with Rainbow! But I don't think she'd ask. Oh well maybe you two could be mare....”

I put my hand over Pinkie's mouth, “Yes, it's like a date. Rainbow asked me if we could go out tomorrow. So do you think that you could maybe help me out here?”

Pinkie nodded. “Don't you worry Starlight! I'll make sure it's special for you and Rainbow.”

I hugged her and said, “Thanks, I need to go talk to Fluttershy.”

Pinkie waved as I left the shop. Once outside I yelled Rainbow's name and tapped into the power of her cutie mark. My clothes were cyan once again and my pants were rainbow colored. One of the perks of Rainbow's mark was the ability to fly extremely fast. I jumped in the air and took off toward Fluttershy's house.


Rainbow and Gilda landed on Cloudsdale. “Still can't beat me!” Rainbow said, prancing around Gilda.

Gilda just panted. “Come on Dash...Please?”

Rainbow stopped jumping around, “Well, we're going out to hang tomorrow. Guess I'll try to bring it up.”

Gilda raised an eyebrow. “Going out on a date with the prince now, Dash?”

Rainbow blushed, “It isn't a date.”

“Then why are you blushing?” Gilda teased Rainbow.

Rainbow turned, “Race you to my house!” she disappeared in a flash of colors., Gilda following her.


I was at Fluttershy's talking to a bear. I know, but just go along with it. The bear, named Smokey, didn't want to eat any honey. “Come on Smokey, eat up!” The bear slowly started to eat some.

Fluttershy slowly walked up. “Thank you Prince, but it's getting late. Don't you want to go now?”

I hugged the shy pony. “Thanks, guess I lost track of time. I'll talk to you later k?”

I flew back to Twilight's just as dawn fell. Walking in I was assaulted by Twi's questions. “Did you have fun today?”

“Yes, Twi. Sorry but I'm rather tired, and I need my sleep for tomorrow. I'm hanging out with Rainbow tomorrow evening.”

“Like a date?” Twilight asked.

“If you want to think that.” Tired, I laid down and the spell on Twi's rug changed me into a pony form. Much more comfortable to sleep in.

Twilight put a blanket on me and walked upstairs. “Sleep well, Prince.” I nodded and slowly drifted off to sleep.