• Published 27th Aug 2021
  • 4,766 Views, 277 Comments

Spike: The Unwilling God of Chaos - Silver Butcher



Discord is giving up his role as god of Chaos so he can spend all his time with Fluttershy and picks Spike for the job, Spike uses this to try and get Twilight to treat him as a true equal, and brings a few of his own friends to help him

  • ...
7
 277
 4,766

Camp Chaos

Shining and Spike waved goodbye to Twilight as they headed out to Cutie Mark Camp, as they walked Shining did his best to make small talk, "So, Sweetie Belle?" He looked over at his little brother "She seemed very excited when you agreed to come and teach a course on cooking,"

"I am a great cook," Spike said confidently, "I've been perfecting the art in secret,"

"A secret that you shared with Sweetie it would seem," Shining said with a grin.

"I also shared it with the rest of the CMC," Spike added simply, Shining could tell from his voice that he was not trying to hide or deny anything, just going with the facts, "I guess they liked it," Spike smiled at the memory of making a bunch of random food with his friends as Havok the previous night," As they walked to the site of the camp they saw a fair number of Fillys and Colts making their way in the same direction.

"Hi Rumble," Spike greeted when he saw the Pegasus with Thunderlane.

"Oh Hey Spike," Rumble waved back "Rumor has it you're one of the guest teachers at the camp this week,"

"Seems I am," Spike confirmed,

"Oh hey," Thunderlane said as he looked over to Spike and saw Shining "Your Shining Armor,"

"And your Thunderlane," Shining noted "Loved you in your last show,"

"Hey, thanks man," Thunderlane smiled before blinking "Um...Wonderbolt show or the Race with Storm?"

"Wonderbolt," Shining confirmed "Although I did hear about your Race with Chaos," Rumble and Spike picked up the speed and walked together ahead of their brothers as they started talking about the Race with Storm.

"Seems our Brothers are getting along," Spike noted.

"Yeah, Thunderlane likes making friends with cool guys and gals, Your brother is kind of a legend,"

"Yeah, but he's usually overshadowed by Twilight whenever I see him since I mostly only get to spend time with him when Twilight is around,"

"It's awesome he came to town just to check up on you though," Rumble noted. As Spike and Rumble talked, Shining and Thunderlane took note of it.

"Are they friends?" Shining asked.

"Not that I'm aware of," Thunderlane replied "I've never really seen them talk before, then again I can't be around all the time, either way, it's nice to see my bro talking to someone, these Cutie Mark Camps have really helped him open up to others, I can't wait to see what he gets for a Cutie Mark," Thunderlane and Shining watched as Spike and Rumble talked and Shining smiled.

"It's nice to see Spike making his own friends," he decided.


Shining and Thunderlane looked at the Camping area and Saw the three Crusaders talking to Babs, Rumble waved to Spike as he ran up and joined the Crusaders.

"Oh Good," Applebloom said "Spike, you and Babs will be teaching your classes over in the Cabin, Babs you'll take the right side, Spike the left, we have all the cooking supply and plenty of Mane products and wigs.

"Yeah!" Spike and Babs cheered with a high hoof/hand "Teachers!" They both ran off to the Cabin and Shining chuckled and was about to leave with Thunderlane when one of the Fillies spoke up.

"I heard the God of Chaos was going to be here today!" Silver Spoon called.

"Yeah," Havok called out, startling both Thunderland and Shining "Where is that slacker he was supposed to be here five minutes ago," Thunderlane and Shining both backed away as the Children all laughed upon realizing it was Havok who was talking "What?" he asked with a chuckle before snapping an appearing with the Cmc With a Bow. "So where am I set up?"

"Just about anywhere," Scootaloo replied "But please keep out of the cabins, this is a camp, not a game, we wanna make sure everyone can do what they want,"

"Sounds like a deal," Havok replied "Well you hear them, go do some activities, I need a moment to set up, also I don't wanna hog all the attention so I'm gonna wait until you've all done at least one other thing before you can do whatever it is I'm doing," Havok gave a two-fingered Salut and then flew away.

"Hu," Thunderlane said as he watched Havok fly away "I know he's always had wings, but I've never seen him use them before, he usually just floats or something,"

"I don't like this," Shining said "What's the god of Chaos got to gain from this," As Shining and Thunderlane pondered the three crusaders sent everypony on their way, indicating where solo activities were, telling them about Spike and Babs Classes on Cooking and Mane styling. After most of the Camp was scattered Applebloom walked up to Shining and Thunderlane and cleared her throat.

"You need something?" She asked them casually.

"Oh, uh no," Thunderlane said, only just realizing he and Shining were the only adults left.

"Isn't it kind of dangerous to have him here?" Shining asked, pointing to where Havok was standing and patting the grass with his foot.

"Your welcome to go keep an eye on him," Applebloom said with a shrug "heaven knows I don't have time, I have to go be the judge in a Canoe Race," Applebloom walked away and both Shining and Thunderlane walked up to Havok who was now looking up at the trees and nodding.

"This is a terrible spot," he decided as he walked up to the tree line and poked one of them, turning the tree in bubbles once he touched it. "But some clearing out should make it work," Havok turned a few more trees into bubbles then turned to Shining and Thunderlane. "Yes?" he asked as he continued walking, using his tail to turn trees into bubbles.

"What are you doing?" Thunderlane asked casually, Havok frowned.

"Clearin' some trees so I have more room to work," He said simply, turning away from them and continuing to pat trees into bubbles.

"I don't think we've met," Shining said as he walked forward.

"Why no Shining armor," Havok replied "We have not met, I am Havok the god of Chaos, and I'm trying to do a thing so would you kindly shoo," Havok waved them off and snapped, making a large area of Tree's turn into bubbles, earning a few noises of interest from some of the Campers who been looking over to try and catch a glimpse at what he was preparing for them.

"We are here to keep an eye on you," Thunderlane said with a shrug before looking around "Where are the rest of your buddies? I've never seen one of you Original four fly Solo,"

"Vile is fussing about a throne," Havok said simply "Shade is learning to play the Banjo, Storm, and Rot are having a private Boxing match, and Rust is practicing her Sword skills,"

"oh yeah," Shining muttered "One of your members was trained by Luna, forgot about that,"

"Do what?" Thunderlane asked looking confused "Aren't you guys all like 12 or something," Shining raised his ears.

"What?"

"Yeah," Thunderlaen said nodding his head "Rainbow was all in a tizzy about it last night,"

"Yeah but it's not exactly hard for us to pretend to be adults," Havok replied as he motioned to the fact that he was still quite tall "So that ain't gonna help you track us down now is it?" Havok walked across the clearing he had made and began dragging his foot through the dirt. Shining and Thunderlane watched as he began making a large Diamond in the Dirt. Once it was done he snapped and the dirt line was filled in with an odd pink substance, Havok then added a Triangle on either side of the pointy bit of the Diamond, making a Wonky-looking shape in the dirt, he snapped and the Odd Pink substance filled up the rest of the dirt lines.

"Perfect," He cheered as he jumped inside and the entire dirt started to turn into a pink substance. once it reached Shining and Thunderlane they began slipping and bubbles started forming at their hooves, Thunderlane tried to fly only for bubbles to come out of his wings.

"Oh not this one," Thunderlane complained "I hated the soapy ground prank,"

"You think that's bad try jumping," Havok replied as he jumped up, upon landing the entire area moved like a wave, and both Shining and Thunderlane were tossed up and quickly found the soapy ground was also a trampoline. While Thunderlane and Shining tried to escape the star Havok went a fair number of paces away from it and made another dirt line, this time a giant circle, he snapped and the outside of the arena became Orange. "Safety net is done," Havok flew up to his two test dummies and pushed them, they landed on the orange area and lost all bounce, They both got up, disoriented but unharmed.

"And now the goals," Havok snapped and two goals appeared at the end of both Triangles, Havok slid down the middle, and a line formed on the field behind him, with a yellow circle in the middle. After looking at it for a moment he put his foot on one side and changed half of it from Pink to blue. "Perfection, I'm sure whatever this is will be a blast," Havok slid across the field and came to a stop by Shining and Thunderlane, picking them both up off the ground and putting them both back on their hooves.

"Thanks for the supervision boys," He said, giving them a hearty pat on the back "Couldn't have done it without you, I'm gonna see if anyone here has any fun ideas for a prank while I wait for some of the campers to free up. you two just keep on supervising," Havok walked away from the two with a merry whistle and the two just watched him go.

"I'm not sure if I like that guy or not," Thunderlane said with a shake of his head, "He seems nice, but at the same time he can be somewhat annoying, his pranks always start at the worst of times,"

"The Snow Prank was interesting," Shining replied "There was also the Pillow war but past that I haven't really seen any of his pranks but the ones I have seen aren't really that bad, I can certainly think of worse,"

"Don't worry," Havok called out to them "I have an extra special prank planned for the Empire, I'll be hitting you guys sometime After I hit Canterlot," Havok chuckled and continued walking away.

"I regret saying that," Shining said immediately "I feel like I just challenged him and I regret it greatly," Thunderlane just patted his back.

"I insulted his first prank and now I'm permanently on his backup team harmony so I get how you feel, Instant regret," As Thunderlane and Shining shared their regrets on Havok, Spike and Babs were quickly turning their two classes into musical events.

"Stir, shimmer! Shimmer, Shimmer, Stir!" Spike cried out, doing as he said with his little stove top, his classing matching him as best they could.

"Shave, cut! Trim, Trim Dye!" Babs said as her class did her best to match her step for step. Some were keeping up with the cook and Manestylist Call outs, and some were less than successful. Babs and Spike were staring each other down, neither nothing to look at what they were doing, knowing full well it would turn out fine regardless of eye contact or not.

In perfect unison, after about 7 minutes of call-outs, they both called out "And we're done!" Babs held up her wig and presented a Green mane that had short bangs with the rest being shoulder length to the class while Spike held up his bowl and presented them with the nachos he had made. Babs class had a lot of different manes from the one she had just made, including a mohawk.

"You all did great," She cheered "I'll have two more classes today, you can sign up for them at the bulletin board in the main gathering area, have a good day, hope to see some of you come back, especially you with the Mowhawk wig," As Babs class began putting their tools away Spike had everyone in his class take a bite of their food, A fair number seemed pleased but he saw Button Mash pretending to eat his and spoke up.

"I see you back there," Spike called out "I'm fine for fun and games but you won't know if you did well unless you take a bite out of what you made," The Guilty look on Button's face told him all he needed to know "Oh, you thought I was going to be testing the food? Mind telling me what you did to it?" Button just whistled innocently and Spike tapped his foot, "You aren't leaving until you take a bite," Button groaned in defeat and tried taking a small chip "Big bite," Spike called out, the rest of his class and All of Babs was now watching Button as he loaded a chip and ate it, His face immediately started puckering as he tried to swallow it. "Ah, you brought some outside seasoning for a little spice I see," Spike said with a chuckle as Button managed to choke it down and stuck his tongue out while he was laughed at.

"Well spread the word, you eat what you cook here, If you like what you made feel free to take it with you, otherwise I'll be doing a test and whatever passes will be part of lunch today, feel free to come back for my two other classes today as well, we'll be making Hayburgers and Fries, followed by learning how to make Cookie dough, Button their's some Chocolate Milk in the Fridge to my left, grab a bottle before you go and maybe don't try to prank me if you come for my next class," After the classes left and Button apologized and thanked Spike for the milk Babs and Spike were left alone.

"First classes and games are all done, and we don't go on again until 3rd class and games," Babs cheered "Let's go see what 'Havok' has made for us shall we?" Spike snapped and all the food was stored away for Lunch, which would be taking place after 5th class and games. The two made their way out and joined with the Cmc and Rumble as they watched Havok call out that his game was now accepting players.

"Alright, Calm down," Havok said as the Children of Ponyville all wanted a turn to play his game, "Alright Girls on Blue, Boys on Pink, The Rules are simple, get the puck into the goal, oh I almost forgot the Puck," Havok snapped and a Puck with little legs began running around in the center circle. "First to two wins," Havok cheered "Play....whatever it is this is," The Children charged and began slipping and sliding around as the puck began running around them like an excited puppy. Havok walked over to the CMC, wound up his tail, and sat on it like a chair.

"Pretty good right?" he asked.

"What is it?" Sweetie asked as she watched everyone playing run after the puck as it franticly tried to escape being put into a goal.

"I 'unno," Havok replied with a shrug "Looks to be a hit though," Havok frowned when he felt something pushing into his leg and looked down at Pipsqueak "Why hello," Havok said as he flung around, using his tail like a spring he ended up bending over backward, resulting in him being upside down as he made himself eye level with Pip "How might I be of service?"

"I...um..." Pip tapped his hooves together nervously "earlier you asked if I had any ideas for a prank and told me if I thought of one I should tell you," Havok leaned in close and put his hand to his ear, Pip took the hint and whispered his idea to Havok, who snorted upon hearing Pips idea.

"I'm....I'm sorry where did this idea come from?" Havok asked with a chuckle.

"We were playing the story game where everyone says one word and tries to make a story out of it and that was what we came up with, I just thought you could probably do something with it is all," Havok smiled.

"Oh, I can do something with that, I can do a lot with that, I'll need a little help from Shade but-" Shade instantly walked out from behind Havok, followed very quickly by the rest of Team Chaos.

"I heard Havok laugh," Vile said looking around suspiciously before eyeing the Sport being played "Soap roads, classic," Havok sprung up like a kiddy ride on a playground and extended his arms well past what they naturally could as he pulled his team into a huddle and told them about Pips suggestion and pretty soon they were all laughing.

"Oh man, we should play the word game to come up with pranks," Rot laughed "I'd have never thought of that," While team Chaos laughed they missed the end of the game with the Boys winning. Without the game to keep the children's attention team Chaos was quickly surrounded as they laughed at the idea.

"What did you tell them?" Silver Spoon questioned Pip, before he could reply Havok swooped in and put one finger to his lips.

"Won't be much of a prank if everyone knows it's coming," He said simply before standing upright. "Alright go on everyone, I'll be here come 4th Class and Game, go on all of you, I'm sure at least one of you will get a Cutie Mark today but it won't be with me, I sure hope not anyway, don't know what I'd do with a seventh member," As the Children scattered Havok heard some of them wonder why his Agents all looked like Children and chuckled, "I guess AJ, Rarity, and Dash didn't think to share the news of our age, Alright team thanks for coming down for the emergency meeting but I'm a dragon who keeps to his word so we'll have to do the prank Sometime after the game has ended so go on back to what you were all doing," Havok waved his team away and all but Shade left.

"You said you might need me specifically?" She questioned.

"Oh yeah, Tomorrow's prank will be an experiment with our formations, I'll fill you in tonight," Shade and Havok saluted one another and Shade disappeared. Havok turned back to his play area and walked over to Thunderlane and Shining.

"So you two wanna play a round of whatever game this is?"

"No I'm good," Thunderlane said shaking his head.

"Yeah probably for the best, Shining would totally own you," Shining and Havok both felt Thunderlanes attitude shift at the challenge.

"I don't know what this game is but I'll beat you at it without even trying," Thunderlane dragged Shining to the game area, who just shot an irritated look at Havok, who just smiled back and snapped the puck into place.


Spike was in the cafeteria, setting up lunch when Sweetie walked in, doing her best to look cool as she walked up to the dragon, who was trying his best to cheat with magic without giving away he had used magic. Trays of nachos with one Hayburger and a side of Fries were set up on the tables, each tray came with a can of soda and a bottle of Milk.

"You don't suppose our campers will question where we got all this food do you?" Babs asked making Sweetie stop in her tracks.

"Naw," Spike replied "We'll just say donations and refuse to answer past that,"

"Spike, Babs," Sweetie said getting their attention, "How's the lunch prep going?" Babs gave Sweetie a mischievous grin and threw her arm around Spike's neck.

"Oh It's going great, me and my boy Spike here are simply flying through prep time, we've just been spending the time getting to know one another better," Sweetie forced a Smile as Spike patted Babs on the back.

"Yeah, Babs knows about some pretty cool Comics I haven't even heard of," Spike shook his own head "Fool on me, following the recommended age guidelines, soon as we're done I'm heading out to get my first Teen comic,"

"Atta boy," Babs said giving him a noogie "Just go as Havok to get past the age censor when buying and you'll be introduced to a magical new world of swear words and gore," Babs released Spike and walked over to Sweetie, Spike went back to making sure he had enough for everyone. Babs saw what was coming before it happened and just let it happen when Sweetie enveloped her in magic and dragged her out of Spike's hearing range.

"Your boy," She demanded angrily.

"Oh relax," Babs said with a chuckle "I'm Ace, I'm not chasing after your dragon or any creature else, just thought I should show you that your not really trying all that well, although now that you've heard us you could take the initiative, as Spikes friend, to go get him a couple of teen comics," Babs nudged Sweetie "Your way to shy to open up right away, so ignore the crush for a little while and focus on really building up that friendship," Babs winked at Sweetie who was blushing slightly, "I'll keep him busy so you can get the comics, maybe read them with him," Babs patted Sweetie and walked back to help Spike with the final meal prep.

"What were you two up to?" Spike asked as he confirmed he had enough food.

"She wanted to hear about the teen comics too, think I sold her on 'em, next target is Scootaloo,"

Author's Note:

Yup. This entire Chapter was basically just some Filler and to have Bab and Spike actually interact as each other. Thunderlane and Shining were also there for some reason.

Also, I'm only on chapter 12 and this is already about to surpass Spike Pie as my Longest story. And I'm not even close to being a quarter-way done with this story!