• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 854 Views, 13 Comments

Sombra's tale, a MLP fanfiction. - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



Twilight Sparkle finds King Sombra's horn and takes it to Ponyville. She learns about his past and tries to reform him. Will she succeed?

  • ...
3
 13
 854

King Sombra's diary, part 3

Chapter-4: King Sombra’s diary, part 3.
“I ran into a large red crystal, which said it was my mother. It said I had to destroy the Crystal Heart, and it gave me my true powers. It told me everything, why I didn’t have a cutie mark or a family.
And just like that it was like someone had turned a switch on in my brain. Suddenly I knew who I was. I knew why all of those terrible things had happened to me. I knew what I had to do, and I knew how to use the magic of my people. The image in the Crystal Heart had been clear, but I had never understood it until just then. I had always taken it to mean that the darkness would overtake me. But the darkness was me, the true me that had been hidden for so long. Destruction was my talent, and darkness was my cutie mark.
I knew that if I was going to make my move, it had to be then. The heart knew my secret, and I was certain that Princess Amore did too. I touched the Crystal Heart, but I got a sudden wave of pain from doing so.
Even then, months after the Faire, the Crystal Heart had so much power over me. I had to make my choice. It would be either me, or the Heart. Finally, I knew that I would never have to suffer through another Crystal Faire again.
If my fate hadn't been sealed before, it was then. As I was about to leave, Princess Amore suddenly appeared in front of me. I didn’t know what to do, I felt scared. But even then, in my darkest moment, I felt my fear melting away. I had been so afraid of everypony, my entire life. Princess Amore offered to help me out of the darkness, but I got angry and turned her into a crystal statue. I had just defeated a princess, and now I knew that there was something stronger that love, fear. Fear was the strongest power of all, and I would take the fear they had put in me, and repay each of them with it.
Hope came and saw me with the Crystal Heart. She told me to run, and hide somewhere before the guards came and hurt me. I told her that we’d be the ones doing the hurting. That I'd be the king, and she’d be my queen. Then she saw the statue of Princess Amore. She tried to help the princess. I told Hope that Princess Amore may seem like a saint on the outside, but on the inside, she was broken. As I said the word broken, I stomped my hoof on the ground as hard as I could and smashed the statue of Princess Amore. I scattered the pieces all throughout the world, so nopony could stop me. Maybe one day somepony will restore her, but I'll be too strong for her by then. Hope told me that the others were right, that I was a monster. I laughed and told her that I was not just a monster, but in fact the king of the monsters. She just ran, and I did nothing to stop her. When I recount it, I will say that it was my one mistake. I still loved Radiant Hope, and I let her go.
The foolish mare, still thinking that she could save me, told our tragic tale to the two sisters. So, they decided to do what they did best, vanquish monsters. I enslaved all of the crystal ponies to raise my umbrum army, but now time runs short. I know I am no match for Celestia and Luna, but they will not save these crystal ponies. I will make them pay with a thousand years of suffering. And Radiant Hope, she’ll suffer the worst. She betrayed me, just to save this ‘home’ of hers. I’ve developed a new spell, just for her. How bitter will her victory taste when she has no home left?