• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 854 Views, 13 Comments

Sombra's tale, a MLP fanfiction. - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



Twilight Sparkle finds King Sombra's horn and takes it to Ponyville. She learns about his past and tries to reform him. Will she succeed?

  • ...
3
 13
 854

King Sombra's diary, part 2

Chapter-3: King Sombra's diary, part-2.

“Hopes favorite memory was this time of year that her parents had taken her to see what she called, the most magical celebration in all of Equestria. I asked her if we could see the Crystal Heart, and she said yes. We both went there, to see the Heart. Little did I know that I was meeting my greatest enemy, and that I was about to have one of the most important moments of my young life. When I looked into the Hearts reflection, I saw myself with some darkness, or shadow. Princess Amore asked me what I saw, and I told her I saw nothing, just my shadow. Then she said that she had always believed that we could control our destiny. I was wracked by guilt, all the way home. I believed that I had just lied to a princess. I didn’t realize, how close to the truth I’d come. But all that worry and self-doubt were long forgotten four days later, because it was finally my time.

Hope came in to wake me up to go to the Crystal Faire. I laid there as she left. I thought of all the things we would do, when suddenly, a cold terror crept upon me. I could not move my legs. I called Hope for help, and she called Ms. Chestnut. Ms. Chestnut called the doctor. The doctor arrived, and began examining me. But he had no idea what was wrong with me. He couldn’t find a piece of mane out of place. And it only got worse throughout the day. Not only could I not see the Crystal Faire, I felt as weak as I had ever felt in my whole life. Eventually, Radiant Hope told Ms. Chestnut that she would stay with me, and Ms. Chestnut went to see the Crystal Faire. I wanted to be strong for Hope, but I felt like I was being torn apart. It wasn’t until late that night, after the festivities, that I was able to get some sleep. Hope didn’t fall asleep until after I did. And the next day, I felt as if it had never happened.

Hope and I immediately began planning for the next years Crystal Faire. But a year later, there we were again. And the year after that. Each year we grew, and my desire to see the Faire grew, and my pain grew, until... It felt like nothing I'd ever known. Like I was leaving the weak Sombra behind. It was a transformation. A moment of becoming what you are supposed to be. A moment of true destiny. It just wasn’t mine. For a moment, I was actually happy for Hope. When we were alone there, sharing her special moment.

I knew that it meant something, but I couldn’t figure it out until I saw how everypony else reacted. Then I realized that the ability to heal any ailment was powerful magic, and everypony knew what happened once a unicorn developed really powerful magic. The moment I saw the letter, I knew what it was. It had the seal of the two sisters on it. They wanted to each her. That meant they thought she had the potential to become a princess. Which meant...

The only thing I wanted to do was run. I knew Hope, and I knew that with Celestia and Luna’s help she would become a princess. She would leave me, and if my whole-body didn’t disappear without her here...

What she had seen in the reflection of the Crystal Heart was real. It had never seemed real before. Now I knew it was, and I knew... If Hope’s destiny had found her, mine would soon find me. And in my eagerness to run from it, I had run to it.”