• Published 7th Aug 2021
  • 1,461 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Buys a Wand - Kentavritsa



Twilight is invited to take part in the education at Hogwart’s school of Witchcraft and Wizardry; she could not refuse the offer, taking part in a new and exciting experience of study. She had to acquire a few items, including a wand and robe.

  • ...
6
 59
 1,461

Pinkie Pie buys a Wand: 2

Author's Note:

Mr. Ollivander's POV

--- --- ---

Previous Chapter: Twilight Buys a Wand

Next Chapter: A Rainbow in the Dark

.

”Good bye, Twilight!” I offer, as she is opening the door, stepping out of my shop.

As the door had closed behind Twilight, the shop is still and silent for as long as it may last; this is a shop after all, and I need to have someone inside for most of the time.

What would the proper name of a wand, such as the one I just made for her be; the Unicorn wand, or the Pure blood wand?” I ponder; musing on what I had just experienced, while I have the time.

If it ever did come up; it may be wise to have a name for this particular wand, considering what went into it and the estimated power it could have. I shiver, just thinking of it. However, since the shop is still open; I do not have all that much time, contemplating this.

I hear squeaky noises, bouncing towards the door; as they stop, there is a chime and the door goes up. In steps a girl in traditional black witch robe with another girl in tow.

The girl in tow is a Weasly, that much I can say; I have seen enough of them in my store, to be certain. However, the girl leading her into the store is a blank card. I can see her light pink skin, and bright cerise bangs curled up tight enough to strangle a cat. She is smiling, of course; what had I been expecting?

”Whinny, you need your own wand!” Pinkie explains; ”A passed down wand just will not make do!” she points out.

”I know, that I will be needing the wand..” Whinny exclaims; ”but we simply could not afford a new one!” she continues.

”This will be worth every last Gallion, just to see the Slytherins’ and Malfoy’s faces; when you pull out a brand new wand, outclassing them!” Diane exclaims.

”I guess I can’t argue against that, but where do I get all the Gallions from?” Whinny inquires, still smiling at the image.

”I’ll just pull them out of my mane!” Diane explains, as if it had been the most natural and obvious thing in the world.

”Welcome to my shop, girls!” I offer, just as the pink girl is reaching the counter behind which I am standing.

”Greetings; and thank you, Ollivander!” Diane exclaims, with a grin wider than that of an Alligator.

Okay, she most definitely is a witch; maybe she has a trick, to alter her appearance?” I ponder, as I take half a step back involuntarily; ”She certainly does wear the proper attire to make the point!” I consider.

She is making an irritated frown, as she is noticing my reaction; ”I am Diane Pie..” she explains; ”but call me Pinkie, my friends do!” she explains.

And here I had been through the worst, and the most exciting my day had to offer; and this girl just had to step into my shop, just to prove me wrong?” I ponder, in stark realization.

”Oh, but wait; Mister Murphy says hello!” Pinkie exclaims, giggling like crazy.

”Wait, Murphy who; you don’t mean that Murphy, do you?” I inquire, reminded of Murphy’s Law.

”Yes, him..” she continues; but did you by chance see Twilight a moment ago?” she then inquires.

Where, in Merlin’s beard did she even come from?” I ponder, as I force myself to step up to the counter once more.

”Since the two of you are here; I take it, you are in need of a wand?” I inquire; ”and it would be your first, too?” I then add.

I had recognized Miss Weasly, as Whinny; but who the other girl is, I have no clue. Furthermore, I already knew the Weaslys’ had problems with affording a new wand. Apparently the girl presenting herself as Diane Pie has the funds required.

I reach down, under the counter, extracting a pair of boxes; containing the wands, I intend to present them with.

”Cherry wood, eleven inches, stiff; unicorn hair core!” I explain, pointing at the one intended for Diane to try out.

She flips the beige box open, extracting the wand offered to her; holding it in a surprisingly gentle grip, as she is aiming for the mark on the wall behind me.

”Just make a flourish, and I will know if it is for you!” I explain.

As I am looking at her, she is making the required flourish; something happens, but it looks more as if it had been sputtering like a welding torch.

”No, I really don’t think this is your wand?” I offer.

”No, I was hoping for confetti or rainbows!” she explains, as she gently puts the wand back and pats it as if it had been a dear pet of hers.

”While I knew it contains a unicorn hair, but the unicorn is not in the room!” I mutter in bemusement.

Whinny is opening the second box, I had presented her with; extracting the wand, in the hopes of finding a wand better than her family could be offering her. She picks it up in a grip, trying to imitate what she had seen the other girl doing.

”Just a flourish?” she inquire, with a weak grin.

”Yes, exactly..” I offer.

”I had better hold my tongue, I don’t want to jinx my luck here!” I ponder, never finishing the original thought of how it could not go worse than the other girl.

If it were to be worse, than the girl beside her, or the Twilight who had just left my store; I would find myself out of business, or worse. Possibly even dead?

While I have seen a few select wand mishaps in my day; but anything worse than the welding torch is rare enough. Something I will forever be grateful for. Mark my words.

Of course, this girl is a Weasly, they are Wizards and Witches, but not on the outstanding side. Not if I consider the girl known as Twilight. Maybe her hair, or mane style is a bit odd; but this was never what is setting her aside and above the rest. What is a girl prompting to craft a wand of her own capable of? One, intend to put the Elder Wand to shame, at that?

Probably better, I don’t know; and the less I consider, the better.

As expected this girl, Whinny; is just a regular run-of-the-mill Weasly, even if she seems a bit shy and a girl at that.

I tentatively observe her, as she is holding the wand in her hand; slowly performing the flourish, hoping against hope it is her wand and that nothing goes wrong. But of course, it is not hers; a few diverse sparkles prove the point.

”Wait, did you say that there is a Unicorn hair in the wand you offered me to try?” Diane inquires.

”Yes, exactly!” I respond.

”If hair could serve as a core, how do you know which hair is which?” she inquires.

”Most of the time, you know where it came from; because you have identified the origin, but you can still recognize the hair by type!” I explain, not quite sure where she got the notion, or where she is going with this.

”..and you can determine the arcane quality, or power of a specific strand of hair?” she inquires, as if I had been her secretary in the line of high-end arcane research.

”As a wand maker, I do have such a spell; very helpful, when you are making your living off of crafting wands!” I explain, with some pride creeping into my voice.

She is placing the palms of her hands onto the rip of the top of my counter, spreading her fingers for support; as she is seemingly lifting herself up onto her toes. At least, it is my impression; while she is in fact transforming into an anthropomorphic form of an Equine, now standing several inches taller, on her hind hooves.

Now I notice, how she is lifting her right hand in under her pointy black witches hat, pulling out a strand of her hair.

”Uhm, can you by chance appraise this hair?” she inquires.

The strand of hair, a deep, bright cerise; as if died, but clearly looking as natural as my own meager strands. Well, at least, they are meager in comparison to hers.

”I don’t usually appraise Human hair, but something tells me you are the exception to the rule!” I respond.

”Thank you Ollivander!” she responds, as her hat jumps up into the air, compliments of her fluffy mane.

The changing light, in the room informs me of what is happening; so I look up, just in time to see her hat bounce. Under the hat, I see the tightly curled up hair or mane. No horn, but it is obvious what I am looking at; even if I am finding myself ill prepared, to realize what I am looking at.

I accept the cerise hair, in my left hand, before I pick up my wand, in my right hand and perform the requested spell.

At first, I can see the light of my magic colouring over the cerise strand of hair; only for a blue shimmering hue taking over, after a moment.

”Wait, what is that?” I mutter under my breath.

In shock, I realize how she is looking right into my eyes; gaze firmly locked, as if she is making a point.

”You have blue eyes?” I inquire, as something is dawning upon me as if her thought was invading my mind.

”Yes; but of course, silly!” she just exclaim.

Her response is followed by a perpetual flow of snickers I ind infectious and endearing.

While I guess her magical level isn’t on par with Twilight, she is still more scary all the same. Is it, in how she is impossible to predict; or how she just is out of bound, in a manner I just could not put a finger on.

At least, Twilight has a straight mane, but this monstrosity, is curled up to unimaginable proportions.

”Maybe these hairs could work as a core..” I mumble to myself.

Now, I just need the wood to make it into a wand, but what kind of wood would go with these hairs?

”Do you by chance have a wand in pink cherry wood?” she inquires, at this point.

”Wait, but of course you need the pink Cherry!” I respond, as if it had been the most obvious in the world.
With that, I produce a wand, she had been asking for.

”Is the twelve inch good?” I inquire, not sure why she should be knowing; but something had told me, she does.

”Yes, that one should be perfect!” she points out, as her ears are flopping in an irregular pattern.

”Oh, and I think you will be needing these..” she points out, as she is pulling out seven hairs from her head.

”Worth a try!” I respond, as I am accepting the offered core consisting of her pink mane hair.

I slip out of sight, as I start preparing her wand; slipping the hairs into place; performing the required spells, in order to create the desired wand.

As I put the handle on, I notice how the wand starts to glow with an intense, brilliant pink glow. The moment the handle is in place, the wand had been completed.

I step back, behind the counter, presenting her with the preferred wand.

”Now, let me see, if you can indeed handle the wand!” I offer.

”Thank you, Ollivander!” she exclaims, as she picks up the wand in a gentle grip.

Even before she even gets to performing the flourish, the wand starts lighting up, slowly growing brighter and brighter.

She makes a flourish, like a true magician would have been proud of; confetti starts raining from the ceiling, as if it had been raining. The multicoloured confetti slowly pools on the floor, like snow on the Christmas day. Or, if it is on the eve of Yule?

However, the confetti never goes before the full Pi inches in depth.

Since I had performed two spells on the wand, aside from the one on the hair; I charge her the twenty one Gallions.

For some reason, she is counting the coins before had even explained or named the price. With the payment slipped under the counter, I could not say anything; she simply slips the wand in the box I had been offering her.

”Came to think of it; what were you thinking, offering unicorn hairs?” she snickers in hysterical fits of immense bemusement.

I extract a new wand out, from under the counter; presenting it to Whinny, who is eagerly accepting it.

As she is performing the flourish, the tip of the wand lights up, like the fourth of July.

”Apple wood, flexible; eleven and three quarter inches!” I mumble.

Before I had the time to even open my mouth; I notice how Diane had once more counted the Gallions for the wand. Every last one of the fifty Gallions I had been asking.

”One small detail..” she exclaims, with a flourish of her wand; ”You need a nice poster, on your window!” she explains.

With a flash, the poster appears; depicting the two wands I had produced today. The wands crossed, unless one is actively looking at the poster; in which case, the wands move on their own accord.

Unicorn Wand” reads the text under the lavender one; ”Pink Party Wand” reads the text under the second one.

”Oh, and before you ask; there will be another incident, in a moment!” Diane explains.

”Wait, what?” I inquire; ”How do you know?” I continue.

”Pinkie Sense!” she merely explains, as if it had been the most obvious thing in the world.

While I stand, mouth agape; she continues; ”Good bye..”

”Good bye!” Whinny chorus; ”Good bye..” I respond; ”Nice to do business, with you!” I ponder.

She is bouncing out, only stopping before the door; correcting her posture, walking out like any other Witch I had ever seen.

However, I can hear a loud ruckus from outside; until the door is closing behind the two, but it will be back in a moment or two as the girl causing it is approaching my door.

--- --- ---