• Published 7th Aug 2021
  • 1,462 Views, 59 Comments

Twilight Buys a Wand - Kentavritsa



Twilight is invited to take part in the education at Hogwart’s school of Witchcraft and Wizardry; she could not refuse the offer, taking part in a new and exciting experience of study. She had to acquire a few items, including a wand and robe.

  • ...
6
 59
 1,462

Castle Elves: 18

Author's Note:

Ms. Castle Elf's POV

- Previous Chapter -
Silversong in Starlight - Next Chapter Core of a Mistress -

.

By the door, there is a plaque, with a lavender frame, the background a light pink, and the text an electric blue: just like the three gems of Rarity's mark. What it means, I do not know.

However; I do recognize the colours and where they origin from: the creator of this place is Twilight Sparkle. The Purple, lavender is her colour. The Pink is from Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy's hair or mane.

Why is the plaque here?” I ponder, but it is its own explanation.

Of course, I had to read the message, carefully written upon the plaque with a delicately beautiful calligraphic style. It is a promise, and a dedication to the safety and security of me and all the others who share my dwelling.

There are no clothes scattered about, but is kindly placed in orderly fashion in the wardrobe. Change had not wished to push her opinion upon me, but wished to share her wealth and comfort with me, with us all.

Castle Elf” the header proudly states for any and all who chance to gleam the intent from the plaque.

Castle Elf” I ponder; “Not House Elf?” I question, quietly under my breath.

This plaque is for me, and my brethren to read; it is clearly not intended for the Wizards and witches of the castle of Hog Wart's or otherwise. They could have placed another plaque, readily available for the wizards and Witches if they so choose. While I know Twilight and her friends are posing as Humans, they do not by any means share the commonly held values of them. At least, this is the impression they imparted me with.

Work is freely available to every Castle Elf

Food, drink, rest and health care is freely available

The Uniforms are available for appearance, these are not your personal property and is not a token of dismissal

Any Castle Elf who choose to reside are considered citizens of the castle with all the rights associated

Since I chose to live, or reside here; I guess I would be the Castle elf, with all these rights?” I ponder.

I like to work, and she is promising me work every day!” I conclude.

Yes, Of course I enjoy working. Though I guess I enjoy the sliver of respect I had been afforded, here at the castle of Hog Wart's too.

Princess Twilight Sparkle” the plaque is signed.


.

“So, I am no longer House elf; but a Castle elf and a Citizen of said castle?” she inquires.

“They promise supplying us with work!” I respond.

“They promised?” Princess inquires; “Freely supplied work?” she then continues.

“Free rein within this tower..” Prince suggests.

“Just make sure to wear the uniform!” Princess supplied.

“I know this is new, to us; but from what is supplied, we will be cared for!” I suggested; Cared for, in accordance of a Castle Elf, that is!” I add.

“So, I am no longer a lowly House Elf to force into undignified servitude?” Princess inquires.

“I think we may be equal in standing, to the students; just that we wear the white robe and work, to our heart's content!” I put forth.

“We are no longer permitted to cover ourselves in the old, used Pillow Case..” Prince points out; “As Castle elves, we use the freely supplied white robes; thus marking us as Castle Elves, with all the rights implied!” he concludes

“You will find your uniform, in the wardrobe by the bed!” Princess supplies.

“Oh...” another Castle Elf inquires.

“It's an honour, once that supplies us with more work..” Prince points out; “we will need to wash these robes every once in a while..” he offers; “even if you will be free to wash it, just for the joy of the work it entails!”he adds.

“Yes, washing these robes is work; lovely work, I am looking forwards to!” Ms. Matron responds.

“What do I do, if I run out of work?” Ms. Foreman inquires; “Just in case, this will actually occur?” she supplies.

“You are free, to roam the castle; in search of more work!” I suggest.

“At least, within the castle; we will be recognized as Castle elves!” Prince suggests.

“Just stay clear of the Dungeon and the Slytherin; they are liable to pick on you, out of spite!” Ms. Matron informs everyone.

“Oh, yes; the Slytherin are raised, to be mean Snakes!” Ms. Foreman confirms.

“Are we free, to entice the House elves into vacating the Dungeon and leave the Slytherin unattended?” Ms. Giggles inquires.


.

Professor McGonagall steps up to the door, leading to the home of the Castle elves. She stops before the door, uncertain; considering for a moment; before she knocks on the door, hesitantly

“Enter!” Prince responds, and the door quietly swings open before the Professor.

After a moment of contemplation and hesitation; she finally makes up her mind and quietly enter the room.

“Greetings!” Prince offers; “I hope the situation finds you well!” he then adds.

“Greetings..” she responds; “I can't complain!” she then continues; “though it is looking as if we are going to have a most interesting year!” she then concludes.

“Yes, indeed; this is promising to be a very interesting year, Professor!” Prince responds.

“So, I am to address you as Castle Elves from now on, Prince?” she inquires.

“Yes, that is my understanding!” Prince answers.

“Since you are wearing robes; I am taking it, we will be seeing you moving openly throughout the castle?” she inquires.

“Yes, that is my understanding!” Prince puts forth; “this will take something getting used to, aside from all the extra work..” he continues; “lovely work, I am looking forwards to!” he then concludes.

“Work, yes; I can see that..” she responds; “and this will indeed take something getting used to, particularly for the Slytherins of the Dungeon!” she then muses.

“Since we enjoy working; you could let Mr. Filch know, he does not need to clean the halls!” Prince suggests.

“I should inform him of the tasks he is to leave, in favour of the tasks he was originally intended to tend to!” she responds; “His qualifications, is that he is not solving anything with Magic, while he can still enter the Castle!” she then points out.

“As a Squib, he is tasked to handle everything without using Magic, then?” Prince inquires.

“Yes, exactly!” she responds; “Furthermore, he is of the old school; so he tends to be a bit on the rough side, on the students!” she supplies.

“Maybe we could releave him of this task?” Princess inquires.

“Since you know the castle inside and out; I guess you could supply us with this service too!” the Professor offers.

“Yes, we can offer that service as well!” Prince offers.

“Thank you, Prince; this will make it much easier, both for me as Professor and the Students!” she puts forth.

“Yes, I can see that.” Prince responds; “just as it provides me with more work to perform!” he then concludes.

“A mutually beneficial deal; I will inform the Headmaster, as well as the students!” she supplies.

“Speaking off; could we supply the teachers with assistance in and out of class, too?” Princess inquires.

“Preparing the classrooms between classes, is a given; and I could see the benefit, of an extra pair of hands and eyes in class, too!” she admits; “Even if Professor Snape may be opposed to the idea on prinsiple!” she then points out.

“For now; I am directing everyone to stay clear of the Slytherin, as much as possible!” Prince puts forth.

“That is a wise choice!” she puts forth.


.

All the students had just gathered in the Great Hall, expecting the next meal; as Professor McGonagall steps up to her seat. She stops, clears her throat in preparation for making the announcement.

“I have an announcement to make!” the Headmistress is putting forth, for everyone to hear.

I thought this was my position!” Dumbledore ponders, looking up at her stand-in.

It is, usually! ” she put forth, on the Castle-ward net; for all of the staff to hear.

“There will be a few changes, around here; first of which is the new Castle elves, on our staff!” she announces; “This is Prince, one of the Castle Elves; you will recognize him and his pears on the white robe!” she is informing everyone.

Castle Elf?” Draco question, quietly in hushed tones under his breath; “Did I hear correctly?” he ponders; “And House Elves does not wear clothes, let alone robes of any colour!” he continues.

This question is shared with most all of the students and staff alike. Yet; none dare to voice the question, at this point.

“Prince, and his fellow Castle Elves are taking over the cleaning duties from Mr. Filch..” McGonagall pronounces; “just as they will be taking over the duty as Night patrol as well, with all the authority that comes with this post!” she then adds.

A murmur is breaking out, and McGonagall is waiting patiently for the room to return to the still quiet.

“Note that the Elves will not harm any student, so long as proper respect is given!” the Headmistress is pointing out.

Dead silence ensues.

“Furthermore; the Elves will be available assistance, in and out of class..” she now proclaims; “this will be much needed relief for the teachers!” she now points out.

--- --- ---