• Published 22nd Sep 2021
  • 190 Views, 6 Comments

Enough Reasons To Die - Script Singer



Script Singer looks back on reasons why she should die

  • ...
 6
 190

Reason 8: Burden

Author's Note:

Not sure if you saw the blog post from the other day, but I also added the ending chapter the other day but I don't think it notified anybody that it came out. Feel free to check it out!

I walked beside my group of friends heading to Sugar Cube Corner. They knew I haven’t been myself lately so they decided to take me out on a date night. I hated burdening them like that, I just feel like they take pity on me sometimes…

We walked into town towards Sugar Cube Corner. Pinkie Pie opened the door for us as she skipped into the sweets shop to prepare our orders.

I only hung my head as I slowly walked toward a table with my friends.

“Why the long face, Script?” Lilly asked.

I just shrugged as I stared at my hooves on the table.

After a few minutes, Pinkie Pie skipped along beside us giving out cupcakes. I just stared at my desert, feeling disgusted just looking at it.

“I’ve lost my appetite… I’m just gonna go home.” I sighed as I got up from my seat.

“Let me walk you home!” Ellie uttered.

My ears folded back slightly. “No, it’s alright. I can walk myself home, thank you.”

“I insist, Script it’s the least I could do for you.”

I let out a sigh in defeat and nodded my head. Pinkie Pie grabbed me a box, placing the cupcake inside and put it into a baggie, and handed it to me.

I waved goodbye to my friends as I walked out the door with Ellie.

---

“You guys really don’t have to do this for me, ya know….” I muttered.

“I know, but we want to cheer you up!” Ellie said. It’s the least we could do for you, Script. We want you to be happy.”

I only hung my head as my ears folded back. “I just don’t wanna become a burden to you guys…”

“You’re not a burden to us, Script, we love you.”

"I know, I just… never mind…"

"Script, if something is wrong, you can talk to us,"

"I know, I know… I just… can't help but feel you guys are better off with me gone…"

"You know that's not true, we love you Script."

"I know…" I sighed. "It just makes me feel worse if I think that…"

We slowly approached my house, and I started speed walking to the door, trying to get inside before the tears came rolling down my face.

“Script, you okay?” Ellie asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just really tired.” I fibbed.

“You do look kinda tired, maybe you should get some rest,”

I nodded my head as I walked up to my doorstep and opened the door to my house, finally letting the tears fall down my face.

I ran into my room and threw myself onto the bed, sobbing.