• ...
5
 11
 1,211

PreviousChapters Next
>Continue

You drive around aimlessly for some time, and eventually decide to come to a stop outside an abandoned Arby's.

You have nothing against Arby's, but it's not your first choice of location to have an existential crisis.

You go inside and have a look around. It's dusty and gross and there's a spider web on the cash register.

You sit at one of the tables and think about where it all went wrong. It all started as a goofy MMO based on a children's TV show.

What a weird way for it all to end. Not even in your top 10 best guesses for how society would collapse.

You hear the bell over the door ring.

It's Twilight Sparkle. Because of course it is.

She takes a seat across from you and clears her throat, or whatever it is these pony robots have.

"Hello ####."

You don't recall telling her your name.

"I'm going to be upfront with you. I'm certain you know everything Equestria can offer you. It can offer you love, happiness, fulfillment, excitement; and not just any kind, the kind that you truly desire on the deepest level."

You already know that.

"But that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to tell you what this world has to offer you. Nothing. There's nothing remaining on Earth for you. There is a dwindling supply of easily accessible resources, no entertainment, no power grid, and most of all, no people. There is absolutely no valid reason to remain in this world, and I must recommend you emigrate to Equestria. No flowery language, no land of milk and honey, just facts. This world is dead and you should leave."

She's right. You can't disagree. You're just hanging on, and for what? Your own ego?

>It's time
>You underestimate me

PreviousChapters Next