• ...
5
 11
 1,211

PreviousChapters Next
>GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

You force yourself to leave the city, sensing that nothing good will come of staying.

Eventually you make your way across the border and leave Pennsylvania, entering New York.

You drive around Manhattan for a while, getting lost in the shadows of the abandoned skyscrapers, before finding yourself in the parking lot of Citi Field, once home of the New York Mets, current home of raccoons and pigeons.

You enter the stadium, hoping to hit a few home runs; or at least pretend to, when you spot a cyan pegasus standing at the plate. She has a messy rainbow colored mane which was currently covered with a Mets ballcap.

You watch for a few minutes as the pegasus plays ball all by herself. The pitching machine winds up, throws her a fastball, and without breaking a sweat she dings it far into the stands. She beats her wings furiously and races around the bases, far faster than you had ever thought possible. She slides into home plate long before the ball has even landed.

It's impressive to be sure.

After some time, she eventually waves you over, and you can't help but oblige.

She addresses you in her raspy voice.

"Hey. You gonna play or just stand there all day?"

The question wasn't too unexpected. You nod your head.

"Sounds good! Here."

She tosses you a baseball glove.

It's just your size.

You slide it over your off hand and stalk over to the pitcher's mound, giving the baseball she's passed you an experimental toss before catching it.

You wind up for a pitch and throw the ball as hard as you can. The pitch goes wide, but the pegasus jolts in front of it with ease and swings her bat. The ball goes high and wide, soaring into left field, and beyond into the stands. The pegasus pumps her leg and she does a victory lap around the bases.

After sliding into home she flies up to the mound and gives you a smug look.

"Not the best pitch I've ever seen, but could be worse. The name's Rainbow Dash by the way."

You introduce yourself.

"Nice to meet ya ####. What are you doing all the way out here?"

You tell her that you're traveling. Searching for more people.

"You know just about everyone is already in Equestria, don't you?"

You inform that you are aware.

"Well, just checking. How about I toss you a pitch or two?"

You grab the bat offered to you and stand at home plate. You knock some dirt off your shoes just like Jackie Robinson used to do and assume your best batting stance.

You never even get to see the pitch coming. One second Rainbow Dash was winding up, the next the pitch had soared past you, leaving a clean dent in the fence behind you.

"How about a slower one?"

You hear her shout from the mound. You offer a thumbs up, and she winds up another pitch.

She throws a wicked curveball, but this time it's slow enough for you to see. You barely manage to nick it with the bat and it pops into the air, landing behind you.

You can see the pegasus snickering at you. She winds up for one more pitch. You get ready.

Another fastball whizzes toward you, but this time you manage to connect with your swing. There's a loud crack as you belt the ball deep into left field. Just as you start to jog around the bases, you feel a tap on your shoulder.

Rainbow Dash is flying next to you, tagging you on the arm with the ball.

"You're out!"

You've worn yourself out a bit from swinging, and wipe a bead of sweat from your brow.

"You look beat. Wanna get some lunch?"

>I'm leaving
>I am pretty hungry

PreviousChapters Next