• Published 3rd Apr 2021
  • 533 Views, 23 Comments

20-04 - MellowSoul

  • ...
 23
 533

One Last Romp (Final Interlude)

"...Your eyes search for me...Your eyes search for me...Your eyes search for me...Your eyes search for me..."

Twilight held the mic out to her brother, letting him take over.

"YOUR EYES SEARCH FOR ME! FOR SO LONG, I'VE WANTED TO COME HOME, HELD BACK BY LIES OF SERPENTS AND TONGUES OF BROTHERS TURNING A CHILD INTO AN ENEMY: TURNING OPEN ARMS INTO CLOSED fists...I COULD SEE REFLECTIONS IN THE TEARS THAT MADE THEIR WAY DOWN YOUR FACE ONTO THE GROUND I KNEEL UPON! THEY FORM A RIVER THAT OVERTAKES ME! COMPASSION, IT DOES ENVELOPE ME! I FORGIVE, AND RELEASE! FORGIVE! RELEASE! FORGIVEN! RELEASED!"


"No wonder you guys are so into this album," Rainbow noted, "The symbolism is fucking insane, not to mention how unique the lyrics are!"

"Gives us a lot to think about," Twilight responded, "We could've gone through life being miserable sons of bitches hating everything around us, but this is the only life we know we'll get. Gotta make the most of it while we have it."

"Deep."

"You know what else is deep?"

"What's that?"

"Your mom."

"I think my old man would agree."

Spike dropped to the floor while Pinkie fell off her throne in a fit of laughter.

"I swear. Sometimes you two are so crude." Rarity muttered.

"Guess someone hasn't watched South Park." Rainbow cackled.

Flutterhsy blushed. A faint smile crossed her face.

"By the way," Rainbow mentioned, "I think I found the link between Integrity and Zao."

"Link?" Twilight questioned.

"I was trying to pinpoint the exact year where extreme metal got involved in the mix, and I think I found it. You remember the company from the looney toons cartoons, Acme?"

"Yeah. There's a band by that name?"

"Yep. Far as I can tell, they only put out one album called To Reduce the Choir to One Soloist. Came out in '96."

"Huh. I'll be damned."

"Speaking of which, I guarantee if Doom Guy had Zao for his soundtrack, Hell would be long gone already."

"Oh, definitely. That'd be some destroy all evil type shit."

"Wanna do one more?"

"Bring it."

Author's Note: