• Published 3rd Apr 2021
  • 532 Views, 23 Comments

20-04 - MellowSoul

  • ...
 23
 532

Passion Born of Blood and Fire

Spike waited patiently for Rarity in front of the park gates. Twilight's words echoed in head.

"...Could you change for her...?"

"I don't know, Twi...," he uttered to himself, "...But I'll try."

In a flash, Rarity materialized in front of the young dragon.

"WOAH!"

"My apologies, dear. I'm still not used to this teleportation thing yet."

"No worries. Twilight used to spook me like that, too."

"Say, is that an Unearth T-Shirt under your coat?"

"Yeah. Tonight's the release of their new album. Twilight's gonna pick me up a copy and some merch."

"She told me. I'm just surprised you didn't want to go."

"Crowds at those shows are a little to rowdy for me."

"Understandable."

"Plus, we can see them any time. I'm sure anyone with their level of lyrical insight would prefer I spend my day doing more important stuff."

"That's very sweet of you."

"Yeah?"

Rarity nodded.

"Shall we go?" she inquired.

"Just so you know, I tend to get a bit motion sick from time to time. I took a dose of Dramamine before I left, so it should be fine, but just in case, I'll perk up after I get some water in me."

"Of course."

"Well, guess we should get goin'. Time waits for no man, or mare in your case."

"You know, you've quite impressed me since we first met. Most your age aren't nearly as profound, though I suppose it comes with the territory, having Twilight as a sibling."

"Let's keep our fingers cross the trend continues then, eh?"

"Indeed. I'm eager to see what else you have in store for me."

"Movin' a little fast there, ain't ya?"

"I'm offended. I'm a proper lady, I'll have you know."

"Guess we'll find out soon enough."

"Is that a challenge?"

"Maybe."

"So be it. The countdown has begun."


Several hours passed. After purchasing two cones of cotton candy, Spike and Rarity wandered around, checking the sights for ideas of what to do next.

"Hey," Spike pointed out, "Isn't that Fluttershy!?"

Rarity looked where he was pointing. A yellow Pegasus wrapped in a familiar leather jacket strolled along with a creature beyond description.

"I believe you're right. Let us saunter so we may greet them."

"Yeah."

The pair soon caught up with their friend.

"Hey, Flutters." Spike called out.

Fluttershy turned to face him.

"Oh! It's good to see you guys!"

"Likewise." Rarity replied."

"Who's your friend?" Spike inquired.

Fluttershy tilted her head.

"No one told you?"

"Told me what?"

"This is my husband: Discord."

Spike's jaw fell from his face.


"Your reaction was priceless." Rarity giggled on their way to the exit.

"A demi-god...Unbelievable..."

"Are you imagining the antics they get up to during private time?"

"Totally."

"Since we're on the subject of privacy, would you be a gentleman and escort me home?"

"Yeah."

"Please, grab my collar."

"Kinky."

"Oh, hush. You know what I mean."

"I gotcha."

Spike gripped the top of Rarity's dress. She ignited her horn. In a flash, they were gone.


Rarity led Spike into the confines of her home. It was a sizable place, filled with dresses and designer tools.

"Not too shabby," Spike commented, "You made all these?"

"Twilight had a huge influence on all of us: you most of all."

"I don't know where I'd be without her."

"Which is why you're so apprehensive."

"..."

"Tell me what's really on your mind.

"...How is this gonna work out?"

"Patience."

"I know that, but what about out there? If people see us alone together too often, they'll start getting suspicious. Last thing I want is for the town to turn on you like you're some kinda pedophile groomer."

"The answer is simple: we continue as we are now under watchful eyes."

"Guess that's the smartest way..."

"But you desire more..."

"I cannot tell a lie."

Rarity stepped softly toward her compatriot. She gently raised his chin with a hoof.

"Do not fear. The time will flow by before you realize it. Every inch will be a milestone in your ascent. Think of it as a realistic incarnation of the childhood friends to lovers trope. Between now and then, you'll have the opportunity to amplify the traits I adore about you."

"Like what?"

"Your unwavering devotion, to begin with. I know caring for Twilight while in her weakened state must've been hard. After all, you were the only one who knew for so long. It's because of those experiences that I knew I could trust you: trust you with my life."

"You mean it?"

"A man of great strength and compassion sleeps within. That's who I'm waiting for. I know you can summon him."

The two gazed into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity. At last, Rarity tugged at her collar.

"Drink of me, and seal our fate."

Spike complied, sinking his teeth into his future lover's neck. The flames of creation coursed through his veins...

Author's Note: