• Published 15th Feb 2021
  • 359 Views, 61 Comments

Something Sparkling - Captain_Cosmos



In one universe, Sparkling Medley is shaking up Ponyville. But what is she doing in another universe? Shaking up Appleloosa that's what. Come on Pardners. She be coming 'round the mountain!

  • ...
4
 61
 359

Autumn's Prologue: Part 2

After doing the right thing in letting the tears run their course, Autumn rose back up. She could always rise back up, and would always be able to go into proper thinking mode.

“Even if the choices are narrow, there has to be somepony out there. Like, there are a lot of us.”

She told herself, as she sat up on the side of her bed,

“Maybe I am picky, but the things I’m picky about aren’t such a big deal. I mean, as a musician, not being able to room with somepony who desires quietness doesn’t sound unreasonable.”

“And if I’m picky about something that is a problem, well, I’m not the only one. Lots of ponies are picky about things, and let’s not pretend it’s easy to change that.”

“If needed, I could work to change it.”

Good thinking, Autumn!

And thanks to this level-headedness, she was able to remember something that has always helped her feel better and could provide a gateway to what she’s looking for.

“I should go to the tavern tonight. Potential roommates could come by me there. And it’s a great place for an extrovert in general.”

It turned out that Autumn fell asleep during her crying session, which she didn’t know about, so she was hit with a surprise as she looked at the clock and it read 4:55 PM.

“Oh! And I guess now is the time!”, she said happily.

She set off to the tavern, hopefully to at least make her day just a little bit better.


A smile returned to Autumn’s face as she walked around outside in Appleloosa, with a multitude of other ponies walking around her, and with the anticipation of being at the tavern. It was no wonder she was considered an extrovert.

And little did she know, there was about to be a bonus onto that.

As she reached her destination, Autumn’s eyes caught something that made the outside of the restaurant look slightly different. It was a large white banner, with an announcement incredibly fitting for Autumn.

“Wait… it’s open-mic night tonight?!”, she exclaimed.

Being a musician, Autumn was about to go giddy with excitement, but… there’s a problem. She had zero idea tonight was open-mic night, so there was something missing.

“Aww shoot, I didn’t bring any of my instruments.”

Fortunately for Autumn, though, a passer-by also going to the tavern heard her, and smiled as he walked up to her.

“No worries, Autumn!”, the stallion said. “The restaurant is familiar with this situation; they have instruments sitting around you can use.”

“Oh, really?”, Autumn responded. “I didn’t know that.”

“Yep! They know that sometimes customers don’t notice that it’s open-mic night until they get to the restaurant, so they make a vow to have spare instruments.”

Autumn sighed in relief. She was in a cheerful mood, only to be brought down by her lack of something to use, but apparently, the tavern had stand-in instruments ready to go, so her emotions shot back up again!

“That’s a relief. Thanks!”, Autumn said to the bystander.

“No problem, best musician in town.”, the stallion responded with a smile.

That made Autumn’s heart warm inside. Her fame as a musician was paying off in more ways than money!

After inking her name down on the sign-up paper for the open-mic night and noticing she was far down on the list, Autumn decided she had enough time to grab her meal first.

Tonight was her night to finally break out of touring member mode and be the host of her own show.

To be continued...