• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 1,301 Views, 38 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic: ARC-V - snivygamer97



Pinkie Pie and her friends learn of Pendulum Summoning in time to help save the dimensions. Being edited.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,301

Creepy Crawly

Not long after the incident at the Leo Institute, Pinkie Pie and her friends split into groups of two in order to try and help the You Show school find more students for the school. However, in spite of the draw of now understanding Pendulum Summoning, just about everyone wanted little to do with the school. While some were polite about it, many were jerks when they declined.

“I can’t believe that these jerks are still refusing to go to the You Show School!” Rainbow Dash yelled. “People should be more than happy to learn there!”

“I know. What is keeping them from learning about dueltaining and Pendulum Summoning? I mean, Yusho was the best duelist around before he vanished. People should be more grateful for what he was able to accomplish. I know I am,” Zuzu said, whispering the last part to herself.

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you over all the hustle and bustle,” Pinkie Pie asked, wanting to know what her friend said.

“Oh, nothing!”

“Oh, okay. I wish that I could show what dueltaining skills I’ve picked up from you guys so far in a duel,” Pinkie Pie wished.

“Really, Pinkie? Look, I know proving what you’ve learned is important but right now we need to find some students to help Zuzu’s dad teach,” Rainbow Dash reminded the random girl.

“Oh, right. Sorry about that. Hey, maybe we could have a bake sale or something to help draw in students. I mean, everyone loves treats! I can say that there are likely to be plenty of people that would be dying to try what I could make!” Pinkie Pie suggested.

“I’m not sure, you guys. But thanks for all the help. Maybe we can try again tomorrow after school is over,” Zuzu said, feeling a bit down even though she tried to hide it.

“Hey, don’t feel down, coach! I’m sure you and everyone else will find more students soon enough! In the meantime, why don’t you turn that frown upside down and teach me some things!” The trio turned around to see the source of the voice, which turned out to be Sora who was eating a chocolate bar.

“Oh, I remember you! You’re that blue haired kid from the Leo Institute that loves candy,” Rainbow Dash realized.

“Yeah! You helped us take down Sylvio and his meanies that tried to steal Yuya’s cards!” Pinkie Pie remembered.

“Right. Look, Sora. Now isn’t the time to have me teach you. I’m in the middle of something right now. Can you please come back later?” Zuzu asked.

“Aw, come on! You have a potential student when you’re looking for them and you’re turning me down? Please teach me! I promise to be a good student!” Sora pleaded.

“Well…,” Zuzu was starting to consider accepting him. On one hand, he was being a bit of a pest over the past few days. On the other hand, they were looking for students and she didn’t want to turn down someone who was willing to learn.

Before Zuzu could answer, a mean kid around her age bumped into Pinkie Pie and knocked her down. “Sorry!” The teen sarcastically chirped out with a grin.

“Hey! You bumped into her on purpose, you jerk!” Rainbow Dash yelled angrily as she ran after the teen.

“Rainbow, wait up!” Pinkie Pie yelled, not wanting to cause trouble.

“Seriously, girls? You’re making things more complicated than they should be!” Zuzu called out as she followed the duo, with Sora running after them.

Eventually, Rainbow saw that the teen ran into a building with a garden out front. There were a variety of different vegetables being grown out front from tomatoes to cucumbers. A sign showed that the name of this school was Haga’s School for Gardening and Dueling.

Pinkie Pie finally caught up with Rainbow, with Zuzu and Sora being not too far behind.

“Dashie, you shouldn’t just rush off on anyone that isn’t the nicest. You could have just ignored the guy and moved on,” Pinkie Pie pointed out.

“The girl is right, Rainbow. We should just get going before we cause a scene,” Zuzu agreed.

“Well… alright. We should just get going,” Rainbow agreed a bit reluctantly.

Before they could leave, the door to the school opened with the same rude teen being on the other side. “Welcome to my mother’s duel school! I hope you found the view outside to your liking. I apologize for the way in which I lead you here. Why don’t you four come in and relax? Oh, where are my manners? The name’s Weevil Underwood. What are your names?”

“Oh, my name is Pinkie Pie. The girl to my right is Rainbow Dash, the girl to my left is Zuzu, and the boy is named Sora. Anyway, we’d love to come on in, right guys?” Pinkie Pie asked the others, only to see that none of the others were exactly trusting Weevil. “Hold on one second. Guys, aren’t we going to come on in? It would be rude to just say no.”

“I know, but Pinkie, remember what happened with Sylvio. He pretended to be nice in order to steal Yuya’s cards and endanger lives!” Rainbow explained.

“I agree. We don’t know if we can trust Weevil. For all we know he could be another Sylvio,” Zuzu said.

“Yeah! I can read people fairly well, and I can tell that this guy reads sleeze all over him,” Sora pointed out.

“I know! But that doesn’t mean we should trust no one! Look, you don’t have to come with me. I can just go with Weevil on my own,” Pinkie suggested.

“Are you kidding? I would never leave my friends hanging! I’m going to!” Rainbow Dash declined Pinkie’s request.

“Same here! If Weevil is a threat, it would be better to be able to do something to stop him!” Zuzu agreed with Rainbow Dash.

“Well, I guess it would be good to check in on competitors,” Sora decided.

“Well, okay!” Pinkie cheered as she turned to Weevil. “Weevil, you have yourself a deal!”

“Perfect! Let’s go on in and have some snacks! I’ve got worms and dirt with milk,” Weevil said.

“Uh, no thanks. That doesn’t sound tasty,” Zuzu declined.

“Um, Zuzu, worms and dirt is just gummi worms in chocolate pudding with cookie crumbles,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Oh, I think that sounds good! I’ll take four!” Sora yelled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so, in spite of their better judgement, the group entered the surprisingly cosy school in order to have snacks and talk with Weevil.

“Wow! This worms and dirt is really good! Whoever made it should be proud!” Sora cheered.

“You’re welcome! I’ve made it myself. You see, as a plant and insect lover, I love to interact with them so very much. It gives me great joy in order to do so. Still, I have very few friends in my life. I have plenty of classmates, but no friends outside of Rex, and he’s from another school,” Weevil explained with a genuine frown.

“Hey, I bet you’ll have friends of your own in no time! You just need to talk with others and get to know them! With all the students that share your interests, you’re bound to find a friend in your school!” Pinkie Pie said.

“Maybe…,” Weevil said as his frown changed into a sadistic smirk. “Or maybe I just need to have the right cards!” At this, Weevil tried to snatch Pinkie’s deck.

“I knew you were fishy!” Rainbow yelled.

“Yeah! How dare you make us feel sorry for you!” Zuzu yelled too.

“Hey, it’s not like I was lying! I do plan on making some friends once I get your cards, Pinkie. People from all over will respect and love me for having some of the only Pendulum cards in the world! So, what price will you accept for them?” Weevil asked.

“How about nothing? You can’t have Pinkie’s cards or Zuzu’s cards! All you’ll be getting is a lesson on losing from my coach!” Sora countered.

“So, Zuzu has some Pendulum cards too? Well, well, well. How about we settle everything in a duel? I’ll challenge Pinkie Pie here to a duel. If you win I’ll drop trying to get your guys' cards. If I win, I get all of your Pendulum cards! So, do we have a deal?” Weevil asked.

“No deal! You’re not going to get away with this, you slimy weasel!” Rainbow yelled.

“Yeah! Pinkie would never risk us losing and disgracing the Yusho legacy, right?!” Zuzu exclaimed.

“You’ve got a deal! Hopefully you’ll see that dueling for fun is better than dueling for power!” Pinkie said as she prepared her duel disk.

“All you’ll get is a cold slap of reality! After all, dueling for anything but winning is foolish!” Weevil yelled as he also prepared his duel disk.

“Duel!” Both duelists yelled.

“I’ll go first! I play the powerful creepy crawly known as Chainsaw Insect (2400 Attack)! I’ll then play the spell Insect Barrier! With it, you can’t attack with an insect monster! Next, I play Graceful Charity in order to draw three cards and discard two. Then, I activate Monster Reborn in order to revive Metal Armored Bug (2800 Attack)! I then play one card facedown and end my turn!” Weevil played.

“This is an obvious trap, Pinkie! Weevil probably plans on changing your monster’s type with that trap in order to stop you from attacking!” Zuzu warned.

“Yeah! You better have a card that can stop that combo from activating!” Sora yelled out.

“Hey, don’t worry! I have a plan! I’ll use Stargazer Magician(1) and Timegazer Magician(8) to set the Pendulum Scale! We’ll be having a blast starting now! I can summon monsters from between levels 2 through 7 all at once! Now, come on out Performapal Whip Snake (1700 Attack), Performapal Elephammer (2600 Attack), and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (2500 Attack)!” Pinkie Pie played.

“Incredible! Pinkie may not be my coaches, but she can still duel like a pro!” Sora was amazed at the Pendulum Summon.

“It all depends on if she can muster up an effective offense! I play my trap DNA Surgery! With it, I can make all monsters out Insect monsters! Now, you can’t attack me and I can freely attack you once I get out more powerful monsters!” Weevil said with a grin.

“Oh no! I knew he had a way of stopping attacks! Now Pinkie can’t harm Weevil and you both will lose your Pendulum cards!” Rainbow Dash was concerned.

“Pinkie still has a card in her hand. She can still turn this around,” Zuzu reminded Rainbow.

“Yeah right! I’ll be able to summon out my best monsters and win this duel and there is nothing Miss Pie can do about it!” Weevil jeered.

“Well, that sounds like someone that isn’t having enough fun! Let’s go! I play Pot of Greed in order to draw two cards. Then, I play the spell card Giant Trunade in order to return all spell and trap cards to their owner’s hands! So, your mean old combo won’t be doing anything to hurt me and my monster’s attacks,” Pinkie Pie played.

“I can’t believe that Pinkie was able to counter Weevil’s strategy! Now she can go on the offensive!” Rainbow cheered.

“Yeah, but she better do it fast! Otherwise, Weevil will set up his combo again next turn,” Zuzu reminded them.

“Don’t worry! By the time I end this turn, I’ll be able to make Weevil smile for sure! I play the spell card Blustering Winds! With it, I’ll increase Odd-Eye’s power by 1000 (3500 Attack)! Now I’ll play the effect of Whip Snake! Until the turn is over, your Chainsaw Insect’s attack and defense points will be swapped (0 Attack)!” Pinkie played.

“Grr! This can’t be happening! I was supposed to be the winner, not you!” Weevil was enraged.

“Don’t worry! You’ll be feeling better once I finish my combo! Now, Elephammer, attack his Chainsaw Insect! (Weevil-1400 LP) Next, Odd-Eyes will wipe out Metal Armored Bug and deal double damage! (Weevil-0 LP) Well, looks like we win this duel Weevil. So, did you enjoy yourself?” Pinkie asked.

“Of course not! I lost! I’ll never get to own and play with my own Pendulum cards! And I’ll never have friends that will look up to me and do what I say!” Weevil raged.

“I hate to break it to ya, but those aren’t friends Weevil,” Rainbow pointed out.

“Yeah! Real friends will love to be around you and vise versa. They’ll be willing to do a lot for each other. There’s a give and take, not just taking. You know, Weevil. It’s still not too late for us to be friends. So, what do you say? Do you want to be our friend?” Pinkie Pie offered.

Weevil looked at Pinkie for a good minute, thinking the offer over. Pinkie was standing there with a smile on her face, hoping that the same would happen to Weevil soon enough. However, just as Weevil held out his hand, he slapped Pinkie’s hand before saying, “I’ll never be your friend! Not after you just embarrassed me like you did! Now get out of here before I get the police involved, understand?!”

“B-But…,” Pinkie Pie stuttered sadly.

“Come on, Pinkie. Let’s go before Weevil gets us into trouble,” Zuzu said as the group left, with Pinkie giving one more sad look before they left.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time the group made it back to You Show, they saw that it was getting late so everyone decided to get home, with Pinkie Pie and her friends staying at the You show School for the time being. It took some time, but everyone was able to get some sleep. Everyone except Pinkie Pie. She still couldn’t get over how Weevil had coldy rebuffed their friendship. She wished that Twilight could have been there in order to help. Maybe then Weevil would have understood what she was trying to do.

As Pinkie was trying and failing to get some sleep, she heard some noise in the Duel Arena. Upon getting into the room, she noticed that Zuzu was still there, thinking by the looks of it.

“Hey, Zuzu,” Pinkie Pie said, shocking Zuzu as she thought everyone else was asleep.

“Oh, Pinkie. What are you still doing up?” Zuzu asked.

“I’ve been thinking about what happened with Weevil. You see, where I’m from I’m able to make just about anyone happy and smile. It’s what I’m best at and try to do with my life. But Weevil… he was just plain mean! He wouldn’t even try to become our friend even when I was willing to be his friend! What did I do wrong?” Pinkie Pie was confused.

“You did nothing wrong. I understand that you want to make everyone happy through your dueling. So does Yuya and so do I, believe it or not. I’ve looked up to Yusho and his ability to make just about everyone happy with his dueling. And, even though I wasn’t thinking too hard about it, so does Yuya. But… the truth is… not everyone will accept your friendship and be nice by dueltaining. Some people will always be jerks no matter what you do,” Zuzu explained.

“I know that. I just thought I could make a change for the better. That maybe I could stop hostility and cruelty with my words and actions,” Pinkie said sadly.

“And you can! Just… not with everyone. Sir has always been able to make others happy and I can see that you and Yuya have the gift to do the same. I wish I could make others happy as easily as you two can,” Zuzu said sadly.

“Zuzu…,” Pinkie tried to say.

“Well, it’s getting late. I should head back home. Good luck , Pinkie,” Zuzu said as she walked out, leaving Pinkie as conflicted going out as she did going in.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy this original chapter. Quick question. Before going to the duel against Sora, should I make another original chapter involving Spike or should I wait for that chapter after the Sora chapters? Please let me know.