• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 1,301 Views, 38 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic: ARC-V - snivygamer97



Pinkie Pie and her friends learn of Pendulum Summoning in time to help save the dimensions. Being edited.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,301

Toying Around Part 1

“I’ll use Adante the Melodious Sorceress(1) and Vibrato the Melodious Sorceress(9) to set the Pendulum Scale! My monsters are ready to swing into action! Now come out and perform a masterful melody, Mozarta the Melodious Maestra(2600 Attack)! Now, attack and destroy my opponent’s Luster Dragon #2(2400 Attack)! And check this out! Adante can increase my Maestra’s power by 1000 since it’s battling a monster with 2000 or more Attack points(3600 Attack)! Now win this duel with your magic (Opponent’s LP-0)!”

“We have a winner! This duel goes to Yuya and Zuzu! To think that once they learned how to Pendulum Summon, they would take the Pro Circuit by storm and get to the top of the dueling world!” Nico Smiley announced to a roaring crowd, which included all of their friends.

“I knew some day we’d reach the top together Zuzu! I bet we’ve done my dad proud with our impressive Dueltaining!” Yuya said to his dueling partner, now girlfriend, as he kissed Zuzu on the cheek. Zuzu blushed in response to Yuya’s kiss, feeling warm at the contact.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Sora ran toward the two of them and gave them a big hug. “That was some impressive dueling, you guys! I knew that it was a good idea to choose you both as my teachers! So, when will you teach me? I mean, we have to have our first lesson.”

“Um, Sora?” Zuzu was confused at his sudden intrusion, only for the confusion to continue as the ground beneath her broke and she fell into the abyss along with Yuya and Sora.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zuzu woke up in her nightgown, having fallen on the floor of her room in her sleep, explaining why she fell in her dream.

“Aw man! I finally manage to do my school and Yusho proud and it was a dream?! It was such a good dream too,” Zuzu said to herself aloud. “I wonder why I was partnered with Yuya, though? I mean, we both want similar goals and have dealt with a lot of the same pressures, but why as a team? I guess I can’t complain, but why?” Zuzu wondered, confused as to why she imagined them as boyfriend and girlfriend. The thought, however, made her blush. “Well, maybe some day soon we’ll end up together and be able to throw the dueling world by storm for real. After all, we both can Pendulum Summon, though then again so can Pinkie Pie and Spike from what I’ve heard. As for Sora, I have to say I’m flattered that he wants to learn from Yuya and me. However, I don’t know whether I want to be a teacher. Well, maybe I can think more at breakfast.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning, dad. How is it going?” Zuzu asked her father after she got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast. Her dad wasn’t that good of a cook, but he still did try to make a good breakfast each morning.

“It’s great to see you, Zuzu. Actually, I have a little surprise for you,” Skip Boyle said.

“Really? What is it?” Zuzu asked curiously.

“Do we really have to play frivolous games here, sir?” A familiar female voice asked Skip.

“Wait a minute. Celina? What are you doing here?!” Zuzu demanded, confused and shocked to see the young woman was sitting at the breakfast table.

“Sora suggested I try and hang out with you. He wanted me to convince you to try and teach him stuff. I don’t take orders, but I didn’t have much to do so I figured I’d bite. Then, your father saw me outside and invited me in where I explained…,” Celina explained only for Skip to interrupt her.

“She revealed that she didn’t have anywhere to stay! So, I decided to allow her to stay here with us for the time being!” Skip announced as he placed some burnt waffles onto the table.

“Wait, what?!” Zuzu was surprised by the development.

“Since I don’t know where else to stay other than on the street I reluctantly decided to agree. Just don’t get in my way and things will be fine,” Celina said.

“Well, for the time being, you want some of my waffles?” Skip offered as he motioned to the waffles.

“What are waffles?” Celina asked, having never had the dish before in her life.

“Seriously? Where have you been staying? Have you lived on the streets or something?” Skip asked, concerned for the young lady.

“No, I haven’t. I just haven’t had these “waffles” before. Are they any good?” Celina asked.

“Good? Well, not these all that much, but they are at least edible with syrup. I can call Yuya’s mom to make some better waffles that you can eat later,” Zuzu whispered to the woman.

“Um, okay?” Celina accepted the offer, though she wasn’t sure if that was a good idea. “So, what is syrup?” At this, Zuzu facepalmed, knowing that there may be quite a bit to explain to the young woman with mysterious origins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuya, meanwhile, had also gotten dressed and was ready for breakfast before school. “Man, that blue haired pest Sora’s even bugging me in my dreams now. First he pops onto the scene with Zuzu, Luna, and the others to help floor Sylvio and his goons, and then he announces he’s gonna become my student?”

Suddenly, Yuya was interrupted from his thoughts by the barking of a dog. When he turned, he saw a brown and white dog along with a white cat with a pink tie walking up to him. “En and Core. Hi,” Yuya said as he picked up the dog, En. “Look at you. When Mom first found you, you were small enough to hold in one hand. But it looks like you’ve been spending plenty of quality time chomping and chewing at your food bowl, haven’t you, pal?” En barked as Yuya laughed. He was interrupted by the meowing of Core. “Good morning, Core.”

Before Yuya could continue, he heard his mom say, “You certainly are hungry, my little friend. There’s plenty more where that came from.”

Yuya slid down the pole located next to his room before asking, “Did you let another stray in the house, Mom?”

“Yeah, me!” Sora cheerfully responded, being the “stray” in question. Yuya, meanwhile, fell to the floor comically.
“What are you doing here?” Yuya asked.

“I noticed him wandering around the neighborhood, the poor boy. I had no choice but to offer him breakfast, of course, since he looked so hungry,” Yuya’s mom answered.

“You should’ve given him food to go,” Yuya bitterly responded.

“He’s welcome here. Sora’s your student, isn’t he?”

“No!” Yuya yelled aloud, before saying more calmly, “Well, you’re not. You have had a bad habit of turning up when you’re not wanted, which happens to be all the time.”

“That’s rude. I can see you didn’t learn manners from your sister here,” Sora said.

“His sister?” Yoko was confused at the remark.

“Uh, have I made a mistake? Sorry. I figured you had to be Coach Y’s sister since you look so incredibly young and beautiful,” Sora apologized while also complimenting Yoko.

Yoko seemed to be pleased by the compliment. “Oh! Well well, what a perceptive young man, and completely charming, too.” Yoko grabbed Yuya’s pancakes and gave them to Sora. “I bet you’re still hungry. Can I get you more syrup?”

“Those are my pancakes!” Yuya complained.

“Yes, please, if you don’t mind,” Sora accepted.

“Why don’t I make waffles, too? After all, Zuzu called and said to make some for this Celina, so why not?” Yoko offered.

“With scrambled eggs and French toast?”

“Coming right up!”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, are you ready for work, Lulu?” Luna asked as she put on Lulu’s bracelet. In order to throw attention off of her, and also as a sign of friendship between the two, Luna has started to wear Lulu’s bracelet.

“I guess so. I was just thinking…,” Lulu began.

“You were worried about stopping Duel Academy, weren’t you?” Luna finished the thought.

“Kinda. I was also worried about Shay, Yuto, and the others. What if they were carded or worse?” Lulu asked, worried.

“I don’t know what happened, but I do know that one way or another we’ll crush Duel Academy and Sector Security or die trying,” Luna darkly stated.

“Look, I know that both groups are horrible and did horrible things to us, but maybe destroying both groups isn’t the answer. I agree that we need to do something, but maybe we should focus on finding more help before we do something rash,” Lulu explained her thoughts.

“Well, fine. How about this? While you work at your job and Rin at hers, I’ll go out and find some more Duelists to help us fight back,” Luna planned. “Does that sound good to you?”

“Sure. Just try and be calmer, okay? I don’t like seeing you be so vengeful,” Lulu said.

“Don’t worry. I’ll try to remain calm. I’m just… worried about us. Especially after everything that has happened,” Luna said.

“Well, see you at You Show,” Lulu said goodbye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, Sora did show up at your house today after all,” Zuzu said to Yuya after seeing how annoyed he was looking. The two of them, Twilight, and Celina were walking to school.

“Yeah. He wants to make me teach him how to duel,” Yuya answered.

“I understand. He has been very persistent in asking the both of us to help him. I hope we can get him to simmer down soon,” Zuzu said.

“I understand. It is a new experience to have to teach a student. I mean, learning the best way to teach Starlight took a lot of time and outside help to do so,” Twilight admitted.

“So, what did you do?” Yuya asked, hoping to get some advice for how to deal with Sora.

“I learned to give them their own space to learn for themselves and not control everything they learn,” Twilight answered.

“Anyways, Celina, how are the waffles?” Are they any good?”

“They’re…,” Celina began to answer roughly before she was interrupted by Sora.

“Coaches!” Sora cheerfully greeted the two.

“So, you’re following us?” Zuzu asked.

“Yeah!” Sora answered.

“Look, while you seem nice enough we’ve both had enough of your pestering! So, please, just go away!” Yuya yelled.

“I can’t, because we have to have our first lesson. I’m ready to get started whenever you two say,” Sora said.

“Can you learn on your own? You know, you don’t have to learn everything from us,” Yuya offered.

“Yeah. While you can get help learning from these two, you can also learn at your own pace,” Twilight suggested.

“Thanks, but I wanna learn from my two coaches right now,” Sora said.

“What will it take you to give us a break?!” Yuya was getting annoyed.

“Can you please just leave us alone for now?” Zuzu asked, noticing that Yuya was looking annoyed.

“Come on, you guys! You’ve got to teach me! When I saw Yuya duel Sylvio and Zuzu defeat Celina I could tell that you both were the greatest duelists ever, especially after your incredible Pendulum Summons! I wanna learn to Pendulum Summon, too,” Sora said.

“So, that’s why you’re obsessed,” Celina realized.

“Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can’t because you don’t have any Pendulum Cards,” Yuya bluntly pointed out.

“Oh, can’t you both teach me anyway?” Sora pleaded.

“Maybe we can try to get a lesson in after school, but for now just leave us be,” Zuzu suggested.

“Well, okay. I guess I can wait for later, you two love birds,” Sora said.

“We’re not love birds!” Both Yuya and Zuzu exclaimed.

“Yeah! Zuzu isn’t my girlfriend! And I don’t see why I should consider her to be my girlfriend!” Yuya yelled, which angered Zuzu to the point that she used her fan to hit Yuya.

“How dare he insinuate I’m bad-tempered and hard to get along with?” Zuzu grumbled as she walked away.

“I think she likes you, Coach Y,” Sora commented to Yuya.

“Well, Sora, I guess we should be going. By the way, Yuya? Can you give a message to Zuzu when she’s calmer? It’s about the waffles your mom made,” Celina asked as she tried to drag a protesting Sora.

“Really? What is it?” Yuya agreed, curiously.

“They… were nice,” Celina said meekly before leaving.

“So, what was that all about?” Twilight asked Yuya.

“I have no idea,” Yuya said with a shrug.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I wonder if anybody can Pendulum Summon as long as they have the right cards. Sylvio didn't seem to have any problem when we dueled.” Yuya thought.
“I don’t know why I could start Pendulum Summoning. Do I have some special connection to Yuya or something? I mean, we are close friends but so were Spike and Pinkie Pie...” Zuzu wondered, also conflicted.

Meanwhile, Sora was spying on the duo from a tree, upside down. “My coaches both seem worried about something. I better find a way to turn their frowns upside down.”

And so Sora did. Throughout the day, he followed them both around, and tried to act happy and cheerful. He interrupted just about everything they tried to do from gym, to lunch, to class itself. In fact, he even interrupted Yuya when he was in the bathroom and had Celina interrupt Zuzu when she was taking a shower, to which Zuzu hit the girl with her fan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sora was just trying to cheer us up, Yuya. As annoying as he was being you could at least tell that he was well intentioned. Why are you so down in the dumps anyway?” Zuzu asked as she, Yuya, Pinkie Pie, Spike, and Rainbow Dash were walking to You Show.

“Well, I’m not the only one,” Yuya responded. “Besides, I don’t know why I feel down.”

“Touche. Well, you don’t take anything too seriously, Yuya, so why take your miserable mood so seriously?” Zuzu asked.

“Zuzu’s right. Life is too short to worry all the time. It took forever for Twilight to learn that,” Spike said.

Yeah! I don’t see why you can’t just teach Sora some stuff. After all, the sooner you teach him the sooner he’ll leave you both be,” Rainbow Dash said, trying to sound like she knew what she was saying.

“That’s a good idea, Rainbow Dash! I don’t know why you flunked out of school with advice like that,” Pinkie Pie cheerfully said, much to Rainbow’s annoyance.

“Anyways, Sora isn’t really hurting anyone. So what if he is annoying? He just wants to learn and get better. Why don’t you give him a try?” Spike asked.

“No thanks. I’d rather duel like an office worker than agree to take him in! Look, it’s not just that he’s annoying. It’s also that I don’t know if I can pull off being a teacher. After all, I barely understand this teaching stuff and I might mess this up. I guess I’m just not as good as my dad was,” Yuya confessed, with the others giving him sympathetic looks, especially Zuzu.

“Yuya…,” Zuzu muttered.

“Take it from someone who had to teach before. This gig isn’t that bad. Just do it in your own way,” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“I don’t know…,” Yuya had his doubts.

“Hey, know what would really cheer us up? A duel to beat back the blues.”

“You know what? You’re right, Zuzu! I can’t let doom and gloom bring me down.”

“Then let the battle begin,” Zuzu responded.

“Hery, if you guys don’t mind, I’d like to go look for Rua. Ruri said she’d be around the city today and I want to make sure she gets to You Show alright,” Rainbow Dash said as she left to look for Luna.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna walked throughout Paradise City, looking for signs of any duelist that could be of potential help in the fights that she, Rin, and Lulu had to fight. After a few hours of looking, she had no luck. Just as she was about to give up, she saw a cloaked duelist hiding in an alley. Realizing that they could be a potential threat, Luna followed after the figure.

Eventually, Luna cornered the figure. She couldn’t tell anything about the figure from their appearance. They were completely covered from head to toe in their cloak. She couldn’t even tell if the figure was a boy or a girl.

“Hey, you! Who are you and what are you doing here?!” Luna demanded.

“I can ask you the same thing. Who are you? And… why do you have that bracelet?!” The figure demanded back.

“I don’t have to tell you that! Also, how do you know about this bracelet?”

“I know about it just like I know about Lulu! So, tell me! Where is she?! Talk, now!”

“How about this? We’ll have a duel, and the loser will tell the winner what they are doing here! Agreed?” Luna suggested.

“Agreed! Let’s duel! I’ll go first! I… um? I… um?” The figure looked nervous as they looked over their hand. “Astral, what do I do?” The figure whispered. Suddenly, a white energy being entered the picture.

“You can start by summoning a monster, remember? There are a few different ways you can handle this. You can either summon your magician in attack mode or summon your golem in defense mode. Honestly, even he had more of an understanding of dueling than this,” Astral muttered the last part under his breath.

“Hey! I’m still learning, you know! And I do know how to duel, so don’t act like I have no idea! Anyways, I summon to the field Gagaga Magician (1500 Attack)! Next, I’ll play the spell card Wonder Wand and equip it to my magician! With this spell card, I can increase my magician’s power by 500 Attack points (2000 Attack)! I place one card facedown and end my turn,” The figure played.

“That’s one strange monster you just summoned. And one weird white guy. However, I’ll still find a way past it. I draw!” Luna drew.

“Hey, Rua! There you are! It took me a while, but I finally found you after asking… and why are you dueling a cloaked figure?” Rainbow Dash asked confused.

“It’s nothing! I just ran into them and I’ll make sure they go away!” Luna answered vaguely.

“Come on! We’re friends here, aren’t we? You can trust me! If this is really important and this person isn’t that good, I’ll let you stay and fight. But you don’t have to do this alone. I never leave my friends hanging. So, please. Tell me who this is and why they’re important,” Rainbow Dash pleaded.

“They’re… they’re from the Fusion Dimension trying to capture Ruri, or Lulu as she’s really called. I’m trying to stop them from doing that!” Luna confessed.

“She’s lying to you! I’m here from the Xyz Dimension to save Lulu from her! And Yugo as well!” The figure countered.

“Wait. There’s a Fusion Dimension?! And an Xyz Dimension?! Where are they?! And why are you jumping between them?!” Rainbow Dash was confused.

“We’re merely trying to fix things in our homes. The Fusion Dimension has ruined everything. They attacked the Xyz Dimension and reduced their numbers drastically,” Luna explained.

“That’s the first true thing you’ve said so far!” The figure argued.

“So, please, Rainbow. Help us to fix things in our homes,” Luna offered her hand to the rainbow haired woman. After a moment of hesitation, Rainbow accepted it.

“We’ll make sure the Fusion Dimension pay for what they’ve done!” Rainbow agreed.

“Perfect! I can handle myself for now though. Let us continue this duel. I summon Armored White Bear (1800 Attack)! Next, I’ll play Pixie Cyclone! With it, I can destroy a spell or trap card my opponent controls not only that, but I can increase the attack on a monster by 1000 for the rest of this turn (2800 Attack)! Now, attack and destroy that magician!” Luna declared as the bear rushed to slice the magician.

“I play the trap card Bye Bye Damage! With it, I can prevent my monster from being destroyed and deal you double the damage I would have taken!”

“Good try. But by banishing Pixie Cyclone from my graveyard I can negate the effect of a spell or trap card and destroy it! Now, the battle resumes! (Figure-2700 LP) So, impressed with the best of what the Synchro dimension has to offer? Well, you’ll soon see that I’m even tougher than you were expecting! I place one card facedown and end my turn. Your move.”

“Well, you certainly are a much better duelist than I expected you to be. You’re not wrong about that. Right, Astral?”

“I must say that there is something odd about this girl. Perhaps she isn’t an enemy,” A white creature that only the figure, Rainbow, and Luna could see said.

“You may have a point, Astral. But we don’t know if that is the case or not. So, are you connected to Yugo like I guessed?” The figure asked.

“Who is Yugo? And who is this Astral that is with you?” Luna asked.

“I guess not. Wait. You can see him?!”

“Of course! I can see a lot of different things, including Duel Monster spirits.”

“Yeah, and she’s not the only one. I can see spirits and also that Astral fellow you’re talking to,” Rainbow said.

“So, these women are special. Not many can see the spirits of the cards,” Astral pointed out.

“Well, looks like just another thing to ask her about once we win. It’s my turn! I know what to do now! I play the spell card Monster Reborn in order to bring back Gagaga Magician! Next, I summon Gogogo Golem(1800 Attack)! Now, I’ll use both of these monsters in order to build the Overlay Network! I Xyz summon Number 39: Utopia(2500 Attack)!”

“Wait! Number? What is that? Why do you have an Xyz monster?” Rainbow asked.

“Are you a spy?!” Luna demanded.

“I seriously doubt that she is an enemy of our home, judging by how she’s acting,” Astral said to the figure.

“Maybe. I want to trust her. But she has Lulu. We can’t just blindly trust her, not after what Vector has done,” The figure responded.

“Very well then. Let’s finish this duel,” Luna agreed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All right, who’s ready to duel?” Yuya asked once he got into You Show. “The one and only Yuya Sakaki has arrived to take center stage with Zuzu Boyle!”

“Ah, what’s up, coaches?” Sora cheerfully asked, being present in the school along with Celina, causing Yuya to fall over.

“Wait, what are you doing here?” Yuya asked.

“Well, I did promise a lesson after school,” Zuzu reminded Yuya. “Oh, Celina, how are you doing? Sorry for hitting you with my fan earlier. Are you feeling better?”

“Peachy,” Celina grumbled, still not happy with what happened earlier.

“Yeah! And so he came to meet you both for his first lesson,” Frederick said.

“It’s rude to keep your students waiting, you guys,” Allie agreed.

“I have to agree with them here. I don’t think you should keep him waiting much longer,” Starlight commented.

“But I didn’t…,” Yuya tried to say only to be dragged back on his feet by Skip.

“Yuya, Zuzu, I’m so proud you both chose to entertain your first pupil here, and I’m even prouder that he’ll be enrolling in our school. Right? No pressure!” Skip said.

“Listen to me!” Yuya yelled as he pushed back Skip. “He’s not my student! Zuzu may have agreed to teach him, but not me!”

“Yuya… Can’t you at least try and be sa teacher? It could be fun,” Pinkie Pie cheerfully tried to convince Yuya.

“I…,” Yuya didn’t know how to respond.

“Come on, what are we waiting for, coaches?” Sora asked. “We all gotta tackle out first lesson, right? Then let’s get to it! I want to learn how to Pendulum Summon from the two best people there are! I’m counting on you both to turn me into a dueltaining whiz kid.”

“How many times do I have to say no before you stop asking?” Yuya asked Sora.

“Yuya… I know you don’t want to teach him but maybe we should at least try to be nice,” Zuzu argued.

“Yeah! He is just a kid, after all,” Spike agreed with Zuzu.

“Hm. I’m not sure. Look, you guys, I’ll make you a deal. Just duel me this once and I’ll never bother you again,” Sora pleaded.

“That sounds like a fair deal to me,” Allie said.

“I guess it is. What about you Yuya?” Zuzu asked her friend.

“Well…,” Yuya began to think it over.

“You can’t turn him down, Yuya,” Frederick said.

“Come on, Yuya, just say yes. After all, we’re only agreeing to one simple duel,” Zuzu pointed out as Yuya looked shocked.

“Yuya, if you turn down this poor kid it will bring dishonor to the reputation of the You Show Duel School, not to mention we’d have to give back his tuition money,” Skip said.

“Please, Coach Y. Let’s duel. Pretty please,” Sora pleaded with a cute look on his face.

“Look, you can just duel Zuzu because you can ask me a million times and I’ll still tell you no,” Yuya blunty rejected, only for Sora to make a cuter face as he pleaded for Yuya to say yes. “Except for this one time only. But listen. If Zuzu and I win you have to promise you’ll stop following us around everywhere, and you won’t ask us to teach you or call us Coach, agreed?”

“Yuya…,” Zuzu was uncertain as to how to feel about this, but ultimately accepted the terms of the duel.

“That sounds like a bit of a big ask, Yuya,” Twilight noted.

“Yes. But if I win, I’ll be your student and I can call you Coach, plus I can follow you guys around as much as I want,” Sora gave his terms.

Both Yuya and Zuzu agreed to these terms as the trio entered the duel field, ready to duel.

“And so begins an epic showdown between our resident Pendulum experts and their wannabe student,” Skip announced.

“Wow, this is really happening!” An excited Sora said, looking pumped up.

“Now, let’s get ready to duel!” Skip yelled as he pushed a button that made a wild west field. “Our cardslingers will clash in the Wildest West!”

Sora, however, looked less than impressed with the Action field that Skip had selected. “Don’t you have a cooler field?” Sora asked. “This one’s kind of weak.” Skip looked shocked to hear that his field selection wasn’t appreciated by Sora. “Use some imagination. I want to duel Yuya and Zuzu somewhere sweeter than this.”

“Uh, let me think. Okay, go!” Skip selected another field that was made up of sweets.

“Whoa,” Yuya was surprised.

“Yeah, I know. Maybe Sora will be happy with this field,” Zuzu commented.

“Wow! Yum! That’s more like it!” Sora was amazed by the field. “Now this field’s a treat! It’s awesome! You're the best!”

“How cute!” Skip was charmed by Sora’s cuteness.

“Give me a break,” Yuya sighed. All three duelists then prepared their duel disks for the duel.

“And now, get set for a duel of delicious delights,” Zuzu said.

“It’s teachers against student, ha ha!” Tate said.

“This battle will have you rolling with excitement,” Frederick continued.

“Because only one side will rule this sweet treat of a duel,” Allie finished.

“The action begins… Now!” All three duelists yelled out.

“Seriously? Is there any reason that you all gave such a weird description for the duel?” Celina asked as she shook her head.

“It’s called being theatrical and entertaining for the audience, Celina. Duels should be about entertaining the audience,” Zuzu answered.

“Duels are about winning, not entertaining people,” Celina pointed out.

“Hey! Don’t say that! It’s not like dueling is a war or anything!” Pinkie Pie argued.

“If only you knew…,” Celina whispered.

“Well, watch this duel and see if you change your mind,” Yuya said. “So, Sora, how should we have this duel go?”

“We’ll all have 4000 Life Points. You both will go before me and won’t be able to attack on your first turns. You okay with that, you guys?” Sora asked.

“Sure thing! I’ll go first. I’ll get things started by summoning my Performapal Hip Hippo(800 Attack). What do you say we hoof it into high gear, Hip Hippo? See you, Sora!” At this, Yuya got onto his Hippo’s back and begun to ride around the field.

“Not if I see you first,” Sora responded.

“Well then, I suppose that it is my turn then. I summon to my field Barcarolle the Melodious Diva(Light/Fairy/Level 4/1500 Attack/1200 Defense/Scale 2)! So, Sora? Are you impressed with our dueling yet?” Zuzu asked.

“I suppose so. I draw!”

“So, what kind of deck do you think Sora has to use?” Twilight asked Starlight.

“I’m not sure. But I have a feeling he won’t be easy to win against,” Starlight said.

Sora noticed that he drew Toy Vendor. “One of the cards I drew was the spell Toy Vendor and I’m gonna activate it right now! This toy’s fun-tastic, because it lets me send a card from my hand to the graveyard and then I can draw another card from my deck. Uh, this card is yucky,” Sora complained as he placed a spell into the graveyard Now if I draw a monster card that’s Level 4 or below I’m allowed to summon it, but if it’s not I’ll have to toss it into my graveyard.” Sora managed to draw a monster. “Look, it’s Fluffal Bear (1200 Attack)! Come on and join the party, Fluffal Bear! And I’m inviting your friend Fluffal Leo to join us, too (1600 Attack)!”

“That kid may look like he’s all fun and games, but by the way he plays I can tell he’s not toying around,” Skip pointed out.

“I know, dad, he doesn’t duel like a newbie. He has some experience under his belt already,” Zuzu pointed out. “I must say though that his monsters are very cute! I wonder how dangerous they are though.”

“Seriously? You can find them cute after the duel. Right now we need to focus!” Yuya reminded Zuzu.

“Sorry we’re late you guys. Oh, looks like a duel is underway. Who is dueling?” Lulu asked the others as she and Rin entered.

“I don’t know, but it looks like it may be a bit of a doozy,” Rin said.

“Yuya and Zuzu are dueling that young teenager, Sora. He has some very cute monsters out!” Allie answered.

“Really now? So, how long do you think the kid will last against two opponents?” Rin asked Lulu.

“He could last long depending on his skill level. As for you, you aren’t wrong but… Yuya! Look out!” Lulu called out, worried about Yuya as he was running to a pond of sweet fluid.

“Huh? This is not going to be sweet!” Yuya yelled as he and Hip Hippo ran into the fluid only to climb out.

“Get in the game, Coach!” Sora cried out. “Your Barcarolle is history, Zuzu, because my Fluffal Leo is prepping to pounce,” Sora yelled.

“Aw man! This is going to suck!” Zuzu yelled.

“I know! Just kidding. I’m gonna use the Action Spell Evasion to tame your Leo, protecting Zuzu from your attack!” Yuya played.

“Hey! Doding my attack isn’t fair!” Sora complained.

“You don’t just expect me to just let you destroy our monsters, do you?” Yuya reminded Sora.

“This wouldn't be happening back at home,” Rin commented.

“Excuse me, but where’s home?” Spike asked Rin.

“I’ll tell you guys later,” Rin awkwardly answered. “I must say, though. Yuya may be a clown, but he knows what he is doing. Just like Yugo.”

“I guess we won’t be getting an answer then?” Spike asked.

“Where did he get an Action card?” Frederick asked.

“I know. I didn’t see Yuya pick one up anywhere. Unless…,” Lulu wondered.

“He picked it up when he fell in that goop,” Tate realized.

“I get it!” Zuzu realized as she rushed into the giant cake, much to the confusion of the others. She popped up on top of the dessert.

“While you were dessert diving, Zuzu, my Fluffal Bear was getting prepped to hunt down Yuya’s hippo!” Sora pointed out.

“Well, nice try, but Yuya’s hippo isn’t going anywhere! I play the Action Spell I found Candy Shower!” Zuzu yelled.

Candy fell to the ground from the sky. “Wow! What a sugary surprise,” Sora was amazed. However, he turned annoyed very quickly and began stomping upon seeing Fluffal Bear eat the candy. “You should be attacking Yuya’s hippo, not that candy (800 Defense)!”

“The sweetest part of that Action Spell is that it switched Fluffal Bear into defense mode,” Zuzu explained the card’s effect.

“I guess I’ll end my turn then. If you guys can find Action cards then I can, too!” Sora said.

“We’ll see about that,” Yuya responded as he followed Sora and drew his card. He was confused to see Sora reaching for an action card on top of a cookie house while standing on top of his stacked monsters, complaining all the while.

“Wow. He’s acting like a silly little kid,” Celina rolled her eyes.

“Almost got it…,” Sora reached for an Action spell only for it to blow away and for Yuya to catch it. “Hey that was mine!”

“You wanted a dueling demo and that’s what you’re getting. And next I’ll show you something really amazing. I’ll use Stargazer Magician(1) and Timegazer Magician(8) to set the Pendulum Scale. I’m taking control of this duel starting now! I’m allowed to summon monsters from Level 2 through Level 7 all at the same time! Swing far, Pendulum. Carve the arc of victory!” Yuya yelled as Sora looked on, amazed. “My monsters are ready to swing into action! H-2-Go, Skeeter Skimmer (500 Attack). Slice and dice, Sword Fish (600 Attack). It’s time to turn up the heat, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (2500 Attack)!”

“Wow! That’s amazing, Coach Y!” Sora yelled, impressed by the Pendulum Summon.

“Wait until you see what I’ve got in store for you next. Check out my Sword Fish’s special ability. Once per turn, my Performapal can zero in on one of your monsters and then slice and dice its attack points by 600,” Yuya said as he lowered Fluffal Leo’s attack points(1000 Attack). “But I’m not done. I’ll also use the Action Card I snatched from you. It’ll give you the biggest sugar crash, because now my Odd-Eyes gets a 700-point power boost (3200 Attack). It’s on! Odd-Eyes is primed to take down your fragile feline. Okay, get set to strike! Ready? It’s time to finish off that furball! Here’s a lesson you won’t forget, Sora. Odd-Eyes isn’t toying around. Spiral Flame Strike (Sora-1800 LP)!” Sora was knocked off the roof and into some marshmallows, finding two Action cards close by.

“Yuya’s taking this duel to the next level,” Skip said, impressed. “It’s got me all fired up!”

“That sent a shiver down my spine-- huh?” Frederick realized something. “Hey, wait, something isn’t adding up right. I thought Odd-Eyes was supposed to deal double damage to opponents.”

“I think I can explain. You see, the effect only works on higher Level monsters,” Lulu reminded Frederick.

“Yeah! Only if the monster is Level 5 or higher,” Tate agreed.

“Then he would have won in one move,” Twilight noted.

“Oh right! I got so caught up in the excitement of the duel that I totally forgot,” Frederick said.

“It’s your turn now, Zuzu. Of course my Action Spell’s effect wears off now, so Odd-Eye’s attack points are going back to normal,” Yuya said.

“Finally! Time to show you my skills, Sora! I’ll use Adante the Melodious Sorceress(1) and Vibrato the Melodious Sorceress(9) to set the Pendulum Scale! My monster is ready to swing into action! Now come out and perform a masterful melody, Mozarta the Melodious Pendulum Maestra(2600 Attack)! Now check this out, Sora! Barcarolle the Melodious Diva can inflict piercing damage when they attack a defense position monster! Now, take aim and attack Sora’s Fluffal Bear!”

“I play the Action Spell Ultra Miracle! With it, I can keep a monster I control from being destroyed until my next Standby Phase! And I choose Fluffal Bear! Don’t worry, though, I still take the damage from your monster’s attack (Sora-1100 LP)! I place one card facedown and end my turn. Your move, Sora,” Zuzu played.

“My my. Looks like Sora has lost his touch. From what I’ve heard he should be so much better than this,” Celina commented.

“Um, guys? Maybe you should go easier on the poor kid,” Skip suggested.

“I’m sorry. Yuya, maybe we should be more careful,” Zuzu said.

“But remember, he wanted to duel us for real,” Yuya defended.

“True, but hurting him in the process won’t help either,” Starlight reminded.

Suddenly, Sora started to laugh to himself as he got back up. “Thanks, you guys. Now that I felt the full force of one of your guy’s Pendulum monsters, I’m even more determined to become your guy’s student. My draw! I think my deck is trying to send me a message. It’s telling me that it’s time to get serious.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Yuya asked.

“Are you saying that you haven’t been serious until now?” Zuzu also asked.

“Maybe or maybe not. Let’s see. If I send a card to the graveyard, I can play with my Toy Vendor again. I can’t wait to see what card it’s gonna be. Go! Cool, these Edge Imp Sabres are going to cut you both down to size,” Sora said as the ball containing Edge Imp Sabres came out of Toy Vendor, which was a pair of sinister scissors looking ready to slice the opponents in half. “Monsters don’t get more cutting-edge than Edge Imp Sabres (1200 Attack). Then I’ll use a spell. It’s a card called Polymeri-something or other.”

“Wait! What card?!” Lulu was shocked and uncomfortable.

“Um, are you okay, Ruri?” Rin asked in concern.

“You mean Polymerization?” Yuya was also shocked.

“Yeah! This awesome spell lets me fuse together my Edge Imp Sabres and my Fluffal Bear. Edge of sharpness and fury of bear When the two come together, you had better beware! Fusion Summon!” Sora said.

“What does he mean by that?” Allie asked.

“He’s Fusion Summoning. By playing a fusion spell like Polymerization, you can combine multiple monsters together into a stronger one,” Lulu said, no joy in her tone.

“Hey, are you okay?” Tate asked Lulu, who just ignored him.

“I don’t know,” Rin answered, looking concerned for her friend.

“Here it comes, the most unbearable monster you’ve ever seen: Frightfur Bear (2200 Attack)!” Sora summoned his monster.

“Well, that bear doesn’t look so cuddly anymore,” Zuzu was concerned for her and Yuya.

“Thanks, coaches. I learned a lot from you today, but now it’s my turn to teach you guys a lesson or two,” Sora said as both duelists stared down the massive beast.

Author's Note:

I've already got this chapter mostly done, so that's why I was able to get two done in one day. So, how is everyone feeling about the duels so far? And I wonder who the figure Luna is facing is. Well, hope you all enjoy.