• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 474 Views, 93 Comments

Detective Nyx: The Ancient Temple - Switch Swap



Rainbow dash goes missing

  • ...
10
 93
 474

Finding Dash

Nyx and Scootaloo walked through the forest along the path of feathers covered with magic.

"Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Scootaloo asked Nyx

"No, but I have read that this is caused by some kind of really powerful magic, and that it only affects either the feathers or fur of the pony who activated it. Since these are Rainbow's feathers, that means that she activated the powerful magic."

The pair heard the sound of Timberwolves behind them, so they quickly dive into bushes just before the Timberwolves saw them. They looked out of the bush to see if the Timberwolves had passed by, only to see 4 Timberwolves being led by Rainbow dash. But they weren't chasing Dash, and she had a cockatrice on her shoulder

"Ssh. Be very quiet, Scootaloo." Whispered Nyx, "We don't want to alert them."

"Okay." Replied Scootaloo

They started to tip-hoof away, but then Scootaloo accidentally stepped on a branch.

The Timberwolves and Rainbow dash stopped and turn around.

"It seems that I have some unexpected guests in my forest." Said Dash, "What are your names?"

"Uh, you know us, Dash."

"Know you? I don't know you. I've never seen either of you in my life."

"Just give us a second." Said Nyx

"Take as much time as you need. I'll wait."

"Nyx, what's wrong with Rainbow dash?"

"This might have something to do with the magic feathers we saw earlier. But I'll need more evidence. We need to follow them."

"Miss." Said Nyx. "We're lost in this forest and we need somewhere to stay the night. Do you mind if we stay at your house?"

"Of course you can. Follow me and I'll lead you there." Replied Dash

Nyx and Scootaloo followed Rainbow through the forest for a couple miles. They soon approached a large temple in the middle of partially clear section of the forest.

"This is my home, fillies. The Ancient Temple was where I was born and raised by the animals of this forest. Let me give you the tour."

Rainbow dash showed Nyx and Scootaloo the Temple, ending with a room filled with several oddly colored crystals

"This, fillies, is where my great power comes from. Each of these crystals contains a portion of my power, and they are super fragile. So be careful with them."

Rainbow dash turned towards the entrance to the room, "Well, now I suppose it's time for you fillies to go back to your families. But please, come and visit again. Woodchip, please take these two to the edge of the forest. But don't hurt them.

The Timberwolf nodded and then motioned Nyx and Scootaloo to follow him.

The duo followed Woodchip to the edge of the forest, where the Timberwolf left them and went back into the forest.

"Great. Now how are we supposed to bring Dash back?" Complained Scootaloo

"Rainbow was missing for 5 days straight, then we find those feathers when we decide to look for her. She seems to live in peace with the beasts of the Everfree, and she claims that she lives in a Ancient Temple and doesn't seem to remember anything about her life before that. I think that we should visit Canterlot. They might have a book that will explain this."

"Ugh, reading. I don't want to read, reading is for eggheads." Complained Scootaloo

But Nyx knew exactly how to change Scootaloo's mind, "Well, then I guess that we're going to have to lie to everypony about Dash's whereabouts, and I know how terrible you are at lying. Right Scootaloo."

"Ugh, fine. Let's go to Canterlot." Said Scootaloo.

"I'll teleport us there. Hold on." Replied Nyx. She charged up her magic and teleported them away.


In the throne room of Canterlot castle, Celestia and Luna were sitting bored.

"Ugh, there's nothing to do. At this point, I actually want to listen to those arrogant nobles." Complained Luna

"Patience Luna, I'm sure that something will happen eventually."

As if on cue, Nyx and Scootaloo appeared in front of the Princesses seconds after Celestia finished talking.

"Nyx? Scootaloo? What are you two doing here?"

"Princesses, there's an issue down in the Everfree forest."

"What's the issue?"

"Rainbow dash went in there 5 days ago and we haven't seen her until today. But she doesn't remember anything about her life." Said Nyx, "Do you have any books on what could have caused this in the Canterlot Library?"

"Yes, we do." Replied Celestia, "Follow us."

Scootaloo and Nyx followed Celestia and Luna to where the Castle Library was. The two sisters stopped stopped for a second when they walked in.

"Nyx, Scootaloo, you'll be getting a special privilege today. One that almost nopony other than a Princess has been given."

"What is it?"

"Follow us and see." Replied Luna

The two fillies followed Celestia and Luna towards a bookshelf with two books representing the sun and the moon on it. Celestia and Luna pulled the books with their magic, causing the bookshelf to slide open.

"Woah." Exclaimed Scootaloo. "So cool."

"Hey, Scootaloo, keep up." Said Nyx.

Scootaloo shook her head and continued following Nyx into the tunnel. On the other side was an entire collection of books, completely unused by other ponies.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"If you were going to say the restricted section, then yes."

Nyx looked over at Scootaloo to see her staring at the huge amount of books with her mouth open. So Nyx closed it with her hoof, causing Scootaloo to shake her head, losing some of her awe.

"So where's the book that we need, Princess Celestia?"

"It's right here." Replied Celestia, levitating a book towards them.

Nyx took the book in her magic and read the title just as Scootaloo walked over to her side

"The Ancient Temple: Volume 4."

"So this will help us free Dash from whatever magic has erased all of us and replaced it with what it wants her to remember?"

"Yes." Replied Princess Celestia.

"Thanks, Princesses." Said Nyx, "Come on, Scootaloo. We've got research to do."