• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 1,592 Views, 82 Comments

Sunset's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Unbreakable - StardustSprinkle



After her defeat in the prom, Sunset discovers an amazing power called a [STAND].

  • ...
10
 82
 1,592

A New Threat

It has been awhile. Things took an unexpected turn. As I conduct further research, I've discovered the existence of another dimension called Equestria. Residents in this world are mostly sentient ponies (including unicorns and Pegasus). I don't fully understand how evolution could have taken such an unexpected turn. Perhaps it's time to put my ability to fair use.
---Twilight's Journal. Last Entry.

"Witch, she must be!" A student mumbles to her friend.

"What else would she be? Have you heard about that event?"

"Which one?"

"The time when she dried up her clothing in like a second and dumped the same bucket of water on the teacher's head?"

"Yeah, how did she do that?"

"Guess there's always a way if you really put your time into it."

"Guess she's just..."

"Shh! Here she comes! Shut your mouth if you don't want to get cursed!"

"Here, she comes! Sunset the Bewitched!"

"G...good morning!" Sunset waves: "How's your day?" Instead of replying, the students simply walked away, leaving Sunset standing there alone.

"Of course," Sunset sighs: "Why would they? I am still terrible in their eyes."

"Hi," Fluttershy greets Sunset quietly: "How are you?"

"Fluttershy!" Sunset raises her voice out of joy, turns around, and hugs Fluttershy: "I am doing great!"

"Um, ok. Could you please, if you don't mind, let go of me?"

"Oh, right, sorry. How's your day?"

"Um, since it's the start of the day, not much," Fluttershy says, looking at Sunset: "More importantly, are you ok?"

"Yeah, more or less," Sunset rolls her eyes: "Seems like it would take a while for them to forgive me. Well, I deserved as much."

"Ok," Fluttershy replies: "Actually, Vice Principle Luna wants to talk to you."


"So you think it could be the doing of a stand user?" Sunset says while reading a newspaper.

"Stand users do attract each other," Luna replies: "Read it carefully."

"So people just start fighting all of a sudden," Sunset answers: "Everyone starts to fighting each other aside from three mysterious women in hoodies."

"Indeed," Luna says: "It must be the work of a stand."

"But why?" Sunset puts down the newspaper: "What is the meaning of this?"

"They are feeding on some types of energy," Luna responds: "Those women here are all stand users. They must be. If I have to take a guess, then I'll say they can amplify emotion and feed on the energy that people generate when those emotions are produced."

"Yeah," Sunset says: "But why, though? They could have just ordered a pizza or something."

"It's hard to say," Luna closes her eyes: "Sometimes people do things for no good reason at all."

"So are we going to do something about it?" Sunset asks.

"Not yet," Luna opens her eyes, staring at the fan on the ceiling: "We'll wait until it's time. Battling stand users without preparation could be fatal. I still have the scars from last time."

"So what are we going to do?" Sunset asks nervously.

"Get to know your abilities," Luna says, eyes fixing on the spiraling fan: "I also told Tia to make some changes on some schedules so that each stand user would have at least one other stand user at their class."

"Just in case?"

"Just in case." Luna says: "I know this sounds challenging, but you guys must start to use your abilities on a daily basis. Simply put, use your stand power to solve problems whenever you can."

"Yeah, about that," Sunset looks at the floor: "I doubt all of us could do that."

"I understand," Luna replies: "But at least try to do so before it's too late. It's both a blessing and a curse to be a stand user."

"Actually," Sunset says: "I think I just figured my ability."

"Oh?" Luna says, lowering her head, moving the center of her attention from the fan to Sunset: "What is it?"

"I can rewind time for a certain event," Sunset explains: "So basically, for an event, I can rewind time to the point before the event occurred, removing the [Result] by wiping out the [Cause]. However, by doing so, I have practically created an alternative timeline where the event did not happen. And My stand can switch between those two different alternative timelines."

"So," Luna says: "For example: If someone dumped a bucket of water on your head, your stand could dry your cloth up by reverting this whole event. However, by doing so, you've created two different timelines. One where the water is dumped on your head and your cloth are wet, and another where the water is not dumped on your cloth and your cloth is dry. The [Result] is whether your cloth is dry, and the [Cause] is whether the bucket is dumped on your head. By wiping out the [Cause], in which a bucket of water is dumped on your head, you've created a [Result] where your cloth is dry. Moreover, your stand can switch between those two alternative [Causes] and [Results]?"

"Um...yes," Sunset nods: "It took a bit of time to figure out."

"That is an extremely powerful ability," Luna says: "Any ability that deals with time or reality are considered powerful. Yours, however, have something to do with both."

"Oh," not knowing how to respond, Sunset forces a smile on her face: "It's good then?"

"Good and bad," Luna says: "You must practice more to find out. Sometimes, your stand can even evolve if you grow as a person."

"Ok," Sunset says: "So do I inform the other girls about our conversation? Or..."

"I'll do that," Luna stands up, handing Sunset her new schedule: "For now, you can go to your first class. Be prepared for anything from this point on. If there's an enemy stand, do whatever you can to stop it and inform Celestia as soon as possible."

Author's Note:

Stand User: ???
Stand Name: Hungarian Dance
Power: E
Speed: E
Range: A
Durability: A
Precision: E
Potential: C

Stand User: ???
Stand Name: The Magic Flute
Power: C
Speed: A
Range: A
Durability: A
Precision: A
Potential: A

Stand User: ???
Stand Name: The Swan Lake
Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: A
Precision: A
Potential: A