• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 1,592 Views, 82 Comments

Sunset's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Unbreakable - StardustSprinkle



After her defeat in the prom, Sunset discovers an amazing power called a [STAND].

  • ...
10
 82
 1,592

Training Part II

"This is kind of fun!" Fluttershy says while slowly removing the dirt around her: "It feels like sand!"

"C'mon, Rainbow, even Fluttershy is beating ya'," Applejack says.

"Well...you aren't making any progress either!' Flustered, Rainbow looks around for Pinkie Pine: "Pinkie? Where's..."

"Right over there," Applejack cuts her off: "She somehow made a bigger hold and put a trampoline in there."

"WHAT?"

"C'mon, Rainbow," Applejack smirks as her stand manifests: "I'm beating ya!"

"Ora ora ora!" As Applejack's stand cries out, the earth around its' master starts to shatter at a dizzying rate.

"Wha...No! Stop!" Suddenly, Rainbow Dash is launched out of the ground like a cannonball.

"What in the...Rainbow! Do something!" Celestia shouts, making her way towards Rainbow Dash: "That fall would kill you!"

"I am trying!" Out of desperation, her stand activates, and Rainbow starts to move, much like a rug doll tossed around in a video game, at a speed that the human eye can barely catch.

"Don't worry, Rainbow Dash!" Rarity shouts, putting her hand on the ground: "Everything is going to be ok!"

As the ground turns into a rubber-like material, Rainbow Dash, unable to control her trajectory, unceremoniously slams into a tree before making a cracking sound before falling to the ground.

"Rarity, turn it back!" Celestia shouts, running toward Rainbow's landing spot.

"Rainbow Dash! Can you hear me?"

"I...am I dead?"

"No, you are not, are you injured?'

"I...I can't feel my legs..."

"For the love of...Sunset!"

"Yes!" Sunset dashes her way to Celestia.

"Can you do anything about it?"

"Of course!" Sunset says: "Just one moment!"

Rainbow dash is back into the ground with a snap of the finger with all her injuries gone.

"Rainbow?" Celestia looks around: "Where is she?"

"I am right here!" Rainbow shouts: "I can feel my leg again, but I am still buried!"

"Don't do anything reckless!" Celestia stands up: "Sunset, help Rainbow out, and we'll figure something out!"


"I am sorry, class," Celestia announces: "It appears that there's an accident, and we'll have to continue tomorrow. Now, I want you to write a reflection regarding your experience with your stand and turn it in tomorrow."

"Oh, come on!"

"I don't know if I can do this..."

"Just why..."

"It's not graded," Celestia adds: "But I want it to be clear and concise. Also, I would like to speak with Rainbow and Sunset privately. Everyone else, Luna is waiting for you in the parking lot. From now on, my sister and I would take turns picking you up and dropping you off every day. Now you may be dismissed."

"Thanks, Sunset," Rainbow says as they walk in the hallway: "That means a lot."

"Yeah, sure," Sunset replies: "But still, your ability is cool!"

"Only if I can control it," Rainbow sighs: "I was frustrated seeing how quickly you guys get out of there, and the next thing I know..."

"You are flying?"

"Yeah, that," Rainbow continues: "And then, I start to fly in...well...you know what happened next. The point is, why are you so good?"

"I had two deadly encounters with some...eh...hostile stand users," Sunset says: "You got to do what you got to do, you know?"

"I guess," Rainbow looks down: "Like, what does it feel like?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, fighting another stand user?" Rainbow Dash asks: "Without knowing your own ability?"

"I, eh," Sunset scratches her head: "I was nervous, scared, but had to stay calm if I want to live."

"Wow, that sounds rough," Rainbow says: "Wonder what I would do if I had to fight someone."

"Rainbow..."

"Do you want to do a sleepover?" Rainbow asks: "My parents are out of town, so why not?"

"Are you sure?" Sunset asks: "I know it's in the past, but I was pretty mean to you all..."

"Oh, Come one," Rainbow pets Sunset on the back: "Forget about it! We are friends now!"

"Thank you, Rainbow, really."

"Heads' up," Rainbow says: "She's coming!"

"Hi, Sunset, Rainbow," Celestia says, unlocking the door to her office: "Come in, take a seat."

"I am sorry," Rainbow sits down: "I messed up."

"Don't worry; I am not blaming anyone," Celestia sits down: "Actually, I am pairing you up with Sunset. From now on, you two will train together."

"That's a relief," Rainbow breathes out a long relieved breath: "I thought I am in trouble!"

"Now, Sunset, I want you to help Rainbow to get her ability under control," Celestia says: "And you are to write a report to me every time Rainbow makes progress."

"Sure..." Sunset responds: "Sounds great..."

"Don't worry, Sunset," Rainbow pets Sunset on the shoulder: "I'm better at writing than you think."

"And Rainbow, I want you to write a report to me every day starts from tomorrow."

"Oh."


"So, how's the report coming?" Rainbow asks as she puts her backpack down.

"Oh, not much, I am a hardly working person," Sunset says, locking the door behind her: "So, what do you think?"

"This is sweet!" Rainbow says: "What's the rent?"

"Not much," Sunset throws her backpack on the ground: "low enough for me to pay."

"I see," Rainbow collapses onto a bean bag: "So, who's the first 'hostile stand user' you ran into?"

"It's actually Fluttershy," Sunset pours herself a cup of water: "Want anything to drink?"

"Just water, please," Rainbow says: "So she finally lashed out on you, yeah?"

"Wait, finally?" Sunset says: "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know," Rainbow sits up: "Shy lashing out?'

"I don't follow," Sunset hands Rainbow a cup of water: "What do you mean?"

"Ok, let me tell you a story," Rainbow takes a slip: "So I was friend with shy for a long time. Before you come to our high school, Shy was bullied a lot. I tried to protect her, but we can't stay together all the time. One day I was at practice, right? And Flutters was all alone. So those bullies cornered her and did some nasty stuff. If you look closely, there's a scar on her left cheek."

"That's why she's hiding her face!" Sunset says: "I was wondering."

"Yeah, I know. So they beat her and tried to cut her, right? Then Flutter just snapped and beat them so bad that those five bullies staled in the hospital for an entire month!"

"She what?"

"Yeah, beat five bullies at one time! And she was perfectly fine aside from the injuries she sustained before lashing out."

"So let me get this straight, she allowed those bullies to, you know, hurt her before suddenly beating all of them bear hands without getting more injuries?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Rainbow takes another slip: "I was surprised that she didn't do the same to you earlier."

"So that's why no one picks on her!" Sunset says: "Because she can just beat you into a bloody..."

"Yeah, ever wondered why no one ever dared to prank her on April Fools Day?"

"Holy...That's why she's powerful!"

"So what's her stand like?" Rainbow asks.

"It's powerful," Sunset rolls her eyes: "Probably no one can best her in terms of brute strength."

"You are telling me!" Rainbow finishes her cup: "And she started to workout after beating those bullies up. And Let's just say that challenging shy to a fistfight is...eh...let's just I am not attending your funeral."

"Oh, dear...I am just lucky to be alive," Sunset replies: "I thought she's just really tall, but..."

"Never thought she's that strong, did you?" Rainbow stands up: "Well, she is. And a good prankster always knows: mess with the wrong person, fun becomes the first three letters of funeral."

"So, should I apologize?" Sunset asks: "Now to think of it, I never said sorry..."

"Are you scared?" Rainbow smiles: "Don't worry, I am here to protect you! All we need is a sleepover, and everything should be good! Let me give her a call..."

"Wait!" Sunset shouts: "I...I am not ready."

"Don't worry," Rainbow takes out her phone: "I've got everything under control."