• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 1,592 Views, 82 Comments

Sunset's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Unbreakable - StardustSprinkle



After her defeat in the prom, Sunset discovers an amazing power called a [STAND].

  • ...
10
 82
 1,592

Mirage

"Wakey, wake! It's morning!"

"Gah..." Sunset yawns, struggling to lift her eyelids.

"There, easy," The nurse says: "You've got broken ribs, remember?"

"What," Sunset rub her eyes: "What time is it?"

"It's 9 am!" The nurse replies.

"If it's just a few ribs," Sunset scratches her head: "Then can't I just go home?"

"Well, it's more serious than that, and you may need to stick around for a bit," The nurse explains: "Some of the bones are broken into pieces and punctured your lungs."

"My what?" Sunset raises an eyebrow.

"You were unconscious when you got here last night," The nurse checks her notebook: "It took us some time to drain all the blood from your lung."

"Oh, my," Sunset murmurs: "So, have you seen a patient named Rainbow Dash?"

"Not that I know of," The nurse replies, hesitating on whether Sunset should know the truth: "Look, everything is going to ok, just get better yourself, ok?"

"Ok," Sunset sighs, knowing that using her stand to heal may free the sirens: "Thank you."

"That's what I do," The nurse smiles, handing Sunset her daily dose of medication.


"Applejack?" The nurse knocks on a door: "You have a visitor!"

"Who might that be?" Applejack asks, still on the bed.

"Her name is...Rarity?"

"Rarity?" Applejack made a face: "What is she doing here?"

"So, you don't want to see her?" The nurse asks.

"No, let her in," Applejack jumps out of bed.

"Darling!" Rarity barges in moments later: "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"No, Rares," AJ gives her friend a hug: "I'm fine, but they kept me here just in case."

"So, how long are you going to stay here?" Rarity asks, putting a basket full of baked goods on a nearby table.

"Is that apple fritter?" Applejack's eyes shine at the sweet scent.

"Indeed it is!" Rarity takes out a set of tableware and tongs: "Patience now, we don't want to make a mess."

"Who would bring silverware to a hospital?" Applejack asks rhetorically with her eyes rolling.

'I don't care what others do, darling," Rarity picks up a piece of fritter with the tongs before carefully placing it in the center of a finely decorated plate: "There!"

"Forget about it!" AJ groans: "I'm not hungry!"

"Oh?" Rarity places a piece of napkin underneath the plate before getting the silverware's out: "Aren't you?"

"I...eh..." The sweet smell dances around the room as Applejack's stomach growls.

"It's fresh," Rarity comments, putting a knot and fork beside the plate: "Maybe I should just..."

"I'm hungry!" Applejack almost shouts aloud as she takes the apple fritter with bare hands, shaves it into her mouth, and starts chewing.

"Applejack!" Rarity scolds as tiny debris falls everywhere: "Be considerate!"

"I will clean it!" Applejack argues back, her voice muffled by the mouthful of food.

"Ah, forget about it," Rarity says, one hand covering her chest while another covers her forehead: "How could you do such a thing to me!"

Applejack rolls her eyes while feasting on the baked goods.

"Anyway," Rarity sighs: "How's Rainbow and Sunset doing?"

"Mfff!"

"No! Answer when your mouth is empty!"

"I said," Applejack swallows whatever is in her mouth, with the other half still in her hands: "Rainbow needs a long time to heal!"

"Oh dear," Rarity frowns: "Is she alright?"

"Raptured eardrums and concussion," Applejack says: "She should be alright."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Rarity lets out a sigh of relief: "What about Sunset?"

"She was unconscious when they got her here," Applejack explains: "And apparently some of her broken bones punctured her lungs."

"What?" Rarity frowns: "That is serious!"

"They did manage to clear her lung," Applejack takes another bite, no longer able to resist the deliciousness: "And she did wake up this morning."

"That is good," Rarity says: "So you didn't tell her about Rainbow?"

"I can't!" Applejack clears her throat: "Sunset already hates herself enough. If she learns of Rainbow's injury, what do you think would happen?"

"That would be bad," Rarity agrees: "But we can't hide it forever!"

"I know!"

"We must get to the root of this!" Rarity says: "Before it's too late!"

"Rares, please don't be so dramatic," Applejack almost facepalmed if not for the coat of sugar on her hands: "Sunset is recovering, and that's why! We don't want negative emotions to affect her!"

"But if she hates herself enough to attempt such a dangerous task," Rarity says with a firm tone: "Then she's likely to do it again in the future."

"You are right," Applejack exhales: "But what can we do?"

"Well, keep up the lies for now," Rarity appears to be deep in thought: "Sunset may hate herself for what she did to the school. All we need to do is show her some love, and everything will be ok in time!"

"I don't know, Rarity," Applejack replies: "I've got a bad feeling about this. What if she finds out?"

"I know, darling, lying is wrong," Rarity says: "But what else can we do now?"

"I guess nothing," Applejack sighs: "I really hope this can work."

"It has to." Rarity says.


"Good morning, Twilight!" Twilight Velvet greets her daughter with an unnatural smile on her face. Her body movement is similar to that of a puppet.

"Good morning, mother," Twilight greets back politely, examining her mother: "May I have a hug?"

"Of course!" Her mother replies with open arms.

However, Twilight hesitated: Hugs are such luxuries ever during her childhood. From an early age, Twilight learned of her family's distaste of physical contact and needless communication. Everyone was occupied with their own business, and rarely do they talk to each other. And now, her mother is welcoming her with open arms.

"I'm good," Twilight turned down the offer, to which her mother only replied: Ok with that smile still on her face.

"Twilight!" Nightlight speaks out, his head turning towards Twilight, the motion of which can be described as the deliberate movement of a droid.

"Good morning, father," Twilight replies, as Nightlight smiles at her.

Her parents are the first victims of her standability. By forcefully altering their memories and personalities, Twilight felt something that she never felt before: Namely, love. The love between family members. For the first time in years, Twilight feels happy to be around her family.

But is this wrong? Twilight thinks to herself: If I force them to love me, is it them giving off the affection? Or is it myself creating an illusion? But, I do feel happier, and they too! Right?

Something deep down cries and begs Twilight to stop this madness. However, unable to give up this new find happiness, and unable to return to the depressed life she once had, Twilight was torn apart. Finally, she collapsed on the floor, breaking down in tears.


"Com'on, Acey, just this one time!" Sour Sweet pleas.

"Sorry, Sour, ain't happening." The man apologized.

"What about this? You let me copy your homework, so nothing bad happens." Sour Sweet continues, her tone taking a drastic change; her hand reaches into her locker.

"No," The man answers with a firm yet polite tone: "It's for your own good."

"What is happening?" Twilight barges into the scene.

"Twilight!" An unnatural smile forms on Sour Sweet's face as Twilight emerges from the corners: "How's my best friend doing? Are you well today?"

"What are you reaching?" Twilight asks.

"A baseball bat!" Sour Sweet takes the bat out, her arm moving robotically while the smile hangs on her face.

"Let go of the bat," Twilight commends: "And leave him alone."

"Of course, best friend!" Sour Sweet drops the baseball bat on the ground before leaving the scene without question, the smile mounted on her face.

"Twilight, what happened?" Knowing something is up, the man questions Twilight: "Sour Sweet never do things just because someone asks her to."

"What, are you concerned?" Twilight asks.

"Yes," The man replies: "Whatever you did there, please undo it."

"You are a fool, Arctic," Twilight gives the man a stare: "She was going to beat you, and you are concerned about her?"

"I'm more than capable of defending myself," Arctic argues back: "She can't harm me."

"It's fascinating, really," Twilight closes her eyes: "Most students here are only semi-nice to you when they need something. Other times, they are just straight-up rude. And there's you. Always smiling at everyone like a fool. Why, Arctic? None of them care about you, so what's with the attitude? Help me to understand."

"You are right," Arctic sighs: "But I'm not doing it for them, but for myself. Being a little optimistic can make only make your day better. Plus, if someone smiles back, then it counts as a win. If you get gobbled up by all the negativity, then you are going to have a bad time here."

"Your rationale intrigues me," Twilight observes Arctic: "Yes, I did something with everyone. Everyone expects you. Now, everyone loves me."

"Twilight, whatever you are doing, please stop," Arctic pleas with all sincerity: "Just you said, people here are self-serving. If you force them to love you, then it is not really them giving the affection, now is it? It's a lie, Twilight. You can't force people to love, but you can still care for yourself. Whatever you are doing, please stop for your own sake!"

"Oh, I'm afraid they really do care now," Twilight replies, her eyes twitching: "Do you know why I leave you alone, Arctic? Because you are a fool! No matter what I do to you, you will always stay the same!"

"Guess I'm stubborn," Arctic sighs, knowing it to be impossible to change Twilight's mind: "You know what people say: Ignorance is bliss."

As Twilight walks off, Arctic sighs again before resuming his daily tasks.

It's a just another normal day in Crystal Prep.