• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 2,223 Views, 37 Comments

My Little Pony Mystic Season 4 - Shadow Master



Mane Six and Dragon Strike Force must spread their Magic of Friendship to the world via opening and teaching them at School of Friendship.

  • ...
0
 37
 2,223

Episode 23: Father Knows Beast

Author's Note:

I've been waiting for this since that day. In this episode, this will be an honor and tribute to Jason David Frank & Robbie Coltrane.

Mystic Tao, the adopted father of Shadow Dragon and the wisest Mystic Councilpony of Light, has left the world. The mystery of his death is unknown due to fact that Mystic Emperor Nezha visited him in his antique shop for unknown reasons. Many believe that he was executed by the Mystic Emperor for alleged treason. Others suspected he died in shame for believing the alliance between Equestria and Mystic is failing. Some theorized that he was killed for proposing the idea of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) relationship and marriage are to be legal due to his relationship with Stygian. A few believed that he committed suicide to atone his sin. No one knows how it happens. They can only theorize his death.

Needlessly to say, since Mystic Tao's passings, Nezha has made a new law – LGBT and polyamorous relationship are declared outlaw and illegal. More than thousands of Mystic Ponies including the officials have been arrested and executed. Some rather committed suicide than facing the consequence. Others have escaped to the Equestria for hiding and making new identities to avoid getting caught. A few have joined the rebellion.

The popularity of Mystic Emperor Nezha has been divided and questionable. Is he the savior or tyrant to the Mystic Ponies? No one can tell…


On the day Mystic Tao died…

Mystic Tao invited Nezha into his antique shop. Inside the living room, both of them were sitting near to the table and facing each other. Though they looked calm and firm, they held deep enmity and suspicious in their mind and hearts.

"So, have you considered about my proposal?" Mystic Tao questioned humbly yet calmly. Nezha remained silent while glaring at him. He continued, "Surely you must have seen it. Everypony have someone else they truly loved with, regardless of their genders, whether it is from Mystic Realm or Equestria Realm. You should at least consider about it."

"All I see is impurity of their non-existence relationship. Nothing but false relationship to escape the reality," Nezha answered dryly and firmly. Mystic Tao scoffed in disappointment. He scoffed, "No. I want to talk about something else."

"What would that be?"

"About what you did to my allies from the Mainstream Prime Universe."

Completely shocked by Nezha's knowledge, Mystic Tao suspiciously questioned him, "So, you remembered? I must say this is unexpected. I never imagined Eon would actually protect you and your allies from losing true memories. You must have some use to him."

"As were you," Nezha firmly retorted. He scoffed, "This is without a doubt that Miss Yuko must have shielded you from losing your true memories before the first Battle of Time began."

"Where is she? What do you intend to do with her and others?"

"Others?"

"Don't try to make a fool of this old pony, Nezha. Mystic Tao is aware of your secret alliance with Demon Lords and searching for all Soul Gems of Mystic Guardians. You'd be wise not to underestimate me. Uncle maybe old dog, but he is not senile and weak. Uncle still possessed remarkable wisdom and skills with magic, particularly the elementals."

"I see. You are indeed a threat to my master plan."

"What do you intend to do with our gods – the Mystic Guardians? For your vengeance? For your ambition? For your conquest?"

"So obviously, isn't it?"

"It's not so difficult to know how much you hate humans and Equestria Ponies since the Human War. But do you have any idea of what you're doing? If you are going through with this…"

"I refused to believe this prophecy nonsense. Our kingdom and realm have been standing and living for more than millennia. We, Mystic Ponies, are mystical and immortal ponies. We cannot be defeated so easily. There was not a single sign of disturbance or disaster ever happen to us, not even today. This Ragnarök is nothing but an empty threat. Just a stupid nightmare story to scare ponies. I do not fear it."

"Tread carefully, Nezha. Ragnarök is the prophecy you should not take so lightly. Miss Yuko, Black Alpha and even Susano knows it well because they were there. They have seen the timeline has yet to come. The Ragnarök will destroy everything and lives of our heavenly world. The Demon God has made a perfect revenge for being defeated and sealed away by our Mystic Guardians."

Nezha arrogantly scoffed, "I don't care what it does. This Ragnarök will not stop me to get what I want. No one can stop me, not even you or your son. If He really did come, then I will face and defeat him."

"So, nothing I say will stop you now? No matter the cost?" Mystic Tao question in disappointment. Nezha remained silence while glaring at him. He sighed in defeat as he brought the cup of tea close to him, "Very well. I will not stop you."

"Really?" Nezha asked amusingly yet disbelief. He picked his cup up while looking at it. He questioned, "Tell me. Did you plan to stop me with a poisoned tea? To stop me from using the Mystic Guardians?"

"No. That is just a normal tea," Mystic Tao calmly corrected Nezha. Drinking his cup, he sighed weakly, "This is my poison."

Nezha was complete stunned by Mystic Tao's stunt. He demanded angrily with hiss, "What is the meaning of this, Tao? What good is your death for, old man?! What are you trying to accomplish?! Are you willing to give up easily?!"

Feeling pain in his body, Mystic Tao grew pale while coughed heavily, "No… I intend to become martyr. My death will inspire Mystic and Equestrians to make their stand. My knowledge and wisdom have passed to my family for necessary preparation they need. My determination gives hope to young ones to continue the fight. And more importantly, my love for my loved ones will be remembered to do what they must."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. If I died, what will you do with your grandfather?"

"Don't worry about him, old pony. I've taken care of that," Nezha said calmly and firmly, "And what about Shadow Dragon? No. The reincarnation of Yami himself. The one who is destined to destroy Mystic Realm for the pain and suffering he has suffered. Are you happy for him for what he has become?"

Becoming weak and sick than before, Mystic Tao coughed a lot and spew some blood out. He panted heavily before looking up to firmly yet stoically confront Nezha, with one last glare.

"I am happy to call him 'my son'," Mystic Tao firmly declared. He wheezed weakly, "And… I am proud of him. To have friends. To have family. To have loved one. But you… You have lost… Everything… And even my grandfather… Poor little boy…"

Giving out his last breath, Mystic Tao fell on top of the table hard, lying down motionlessly and not breathing. All Nezha did is watch at him with both surprise yet astounded by his defiance to the end.

"I have nothing to lose, old man." Nezha admitted sternly and firmly before finished his tea. He sighed, "However, I look forward to fight your son again. This time, our fight will be final when we crossed the blades. Will it be my Light or his Darkness? Time can tell…"

Nezha stood up and walked away from the deceased Mystic Tao. He now excited out of the antique shop. He has removed a dangerous obstacle for good. Nothing will stand in his way.


Three days after Mystic Tao's funeral…

Shadow Dragon, Lance, Dragon Kick, Mighty Heart and Jade were gathered inside Mystic Councilpony of Thunder's office. Firmtact Waller, sitting in her seat, facing at them. Tarkin is standing beside her as he was preparing the inherited items to pass to them per Mystic Tao's will.

"As you are aware of the situation, once he passed on from this world, his family will inherit his will and heritage." Firmtact stated calmly while looking at Mystic Tao's Will. She sighed, "Unfortunately, because of his controversial actions, defiance and ill-speaking against the emperor himself including trying to propose the marriage of homosexual and polyamorous, his will shall be abolished. Your military command, governorship on Sacred Light Land and especially ownership over antique shop have been stripped. And finally, your clan will be banished from this realm forever."

Mystic Tao's family and especially Shadow Dragon gawked in disbelief and shocked of what they have just heard. None of them could believe that Mystic Tao's will and rights have been stripped out because of his proposal and disagreeing with the Mystic Emperor. And the worst is that they can no long stay in Mystic Realm now.

"W-Wow! Wow! Wow! Are you serious?!" Jade asked in disbelief and shocked.

Mighty Heart protested angrily yet upset, "Y-You can't do this! Sensei has been faithfully served the Mystic Kingdom for many years! He has involved and fought many battles including the recent ones. He even served as liaison for both Mystic and Equestria Realms."

Dragon Kick nodded firmly, "Ms. Waller, what you have said is unacceptable, intolerable and even disrespectful to Mystic Tao."

Firmtact Waller remained silence as she looked away from them. Shadow Dragon narrowed his angry eyes, "So, that's it, huh? After everything we all have done, you all decide to throw us away like garbage. Just like how you did with me."

Still not looking at them, "I'm sorry but it is not my decision. It is the Mystic Emperor and the council."

"All because of some disagreement and proposal my grandfather has made?!" Lance demanded in frustration, "If you ask me, that's full of bullcrap!"

"Like it or not, order has been given. It is not our concerns," Tarkin said stoically and unemotionally.

Lance became very angry as he cursed, "Damn you, you old bastard!"

"Lance, stop! Attacking or even arguing with them will only make the situation worse," Dragon Kick halted his nephew's recklessness. He turned and faced Firmtact Waller, "Ms. Waller, I don't know what I can do to convince you, but all I could ask is please. Allow us to inherit his will. At least, show some respect for my uncle for everything he has done for Mystic Realm."

Firmtact Waller remained silence while looking away. Shadow Dragon angrily scoffed, "Kicker, we're wasting time. We should leave now. No point of staying here with couple of assholes."

Jade nodded, "Yeah. Equestria is a better place than Mystic Realm. It stinks."

Knowing his family is right, Dragon Kick sighed, "Very well. We shall leave now. We won't be coming back here."

Shadow Dragon and his family stood up as they were prepared to turn and leave the room now.

"Did I say you can leave?" Firmtact Waller asked firmly, halting them from leaving. Turning to face them, she continued, "I'm not done with the will. You still haven't inherited them yet."

Everyone was confused. Mighty Heart asked, "Huh? But didn't you-?"

"I said 'his will shall be abolished'. But I never said effectively or even when to start," Firmtact Waller made it clear. This surprised Shadow Dragon and his family. She continued, "As per his will and testament, you all shall inherit both his assets and family heirloom. Now, if you please take your seat."

Though surprised by Firmtact Waller's gesture, Shadow Dragon and his family remained on guard as they have taken their seats. Tarkin prepared the assets and family heirloom for them to receive. Firmtact Waller readout the will.

"First to my grandniece, Jade Adventure, I leave my treasured checker, my favorite game to play with my friends. I trust her to have fun and play the boardgame with her friends especially my granddaughter."

Tarkin passed a checker boardgame box to Jade Adventure, who looked surprise yet disappointed about the asset she's taken.

"I was kinda expecting some awesome music or shows for me to enjoy," Jade said in disappointment. She sighed while looking at it, "Oh well. For Uncle Tao, this will have to do."

Going for the second will, Firmtact Waller continued, "To my faithful apprentice – Mighty Heart, I leave the copy of my cooking book. I trust him to practice and perfect my cooking recipe – Mung Bean and curry dishes for everyone to enjoy. A little reminder – add more garlic to the dishes. It brings good chi to their health."

Both Lance and Jade grunted in disgust about adding more garlic to his dishes especially they're mung bean and curry. Mighty Heart received the cooking book from Tarkin.

Mighty Heart sighed in disbelief, "I was expecting an advanced Chi Spell Book and some new tools since I'm already in advanced level."

"It's his will, not mine." Firmtact Waller shrugged in confusion. Tarkin passed both archaeology basic book, document folder and keys to antique shop. She cleared her throat, "To my nephew – Dragon Kick. I entrust the ownership of antique shop and archaeology basic book to him. One more thing. He's still a lousy archaeologist. One more thing. Must study hard, One more thing. Research history and myth thoroughly. One more thing. Read the warnings and not treat it skeptically like junk! One more thing, take good care of the shop! And one more thing."

Firmtact Waller gave disbelief look while reading the will. She cleared her throat while gesture Dragon Kick to come closer. Just as he did, she gave a whack on his head, alerting everyone.

"OW! What was that for?" Dragon Kick asked in confusion.

"His will say dope-slap on your forehead. Literally," Firmtact Waller explained with blank and disbelief looks.

While rubbing his head, Dragon Kick grumbled, "Even he's gone, he's still does this to me. Unbelievable. Now, I have to study and research all over again?"

Firmtact Waller cleared her throat, "To my first grandson – Lance Justicestrike. I am now entrusting my personal card game to him and his siblings. Like Jade's, just to have fun with friends and family. It will quite fun and experience with it."

Tarkin passed the deck of cards in box to Lance. He looked at it in disbelief, "Okay. I don't know if he's serious or kidding."

Looking at Shadow Dragon, Firmtact Waller spoke on the last will, "Now to my adopted, no, legitimate son – Shadow Dragon. I entrusted him with the most important relic – my personal scarf and rusty gauntlet. These are very precious to me. Take very good care of them. Treat them as if they were part of you."

Tarkin passed both the old purple scarf and rusty gauntlet to Shadow Dragon. Instead of being disbelief and shock, he took a deep breath in relief. He placed the scarf around his neck while wearing the gauntlet as if he is honoring his deceased father's wishes.

"Very well. I want nothing special," Shadow Dragon said humbly. He turned and looked at his family, "We all feel the same, right?"

While Dragon Kick agreed with his cousin, the rest of his family were a bit disappointed with the assets and family heirloom they have. However, they knew Shadow Dragon was right. They should be happy with what they have now. They nodded in agreement.

"With that, this concluded Mystic Sab Tao." Firmtact Waller concluded firmly.

Dragon Kick nodded, "Thank you, Ms. Waller. Is there anything we should know?"

Firmtact Waller gave a serious look and answered, "One advice, Mr. Kick. Do not judge the appearance. Use them well. They might save you all. Take good care of these gifts."

Shadow Dragon and his family looked surprise yet suspicious about Firmtact Waller's advice. Not certain why is she cryptic, they reluctantly yet discreetly followed her advice. They turned and exited out of the office, returning home now.

"Are you certain this is the wisest course of action, Madame Waller? You know what happen if Nezha finds out about this?" Tarkin questioned stoically.

Firmtact Waller remained firm yet stoic to answer, "Do not concern yourself. I've already convinced the emperor that these tools are completely harmless and nothing that could threaten his rule. I even allow Death Tactic and Thanatos to look through. Nothing happens."

Tarkin hummed skeptically, "If you're certain…"


At the Castle of Friendship's outskirt…

Twilight and Nyx were helping and training Spike with his new abilities – flight, combat skills, dragon flames and dragon nature powers. At the moment, Nyx and Spike were training with flying ability. While the black-colored filly flied gracefully and elegant around couple of poles, the teenage dragon did struggle a bit with his flight maneuver but managed it well.

Nyx and Spike turned around and gracefully landed on the ground. They stood before Twilight and Echo Five.

"Ta-da!" Spike exclaimed excitedly.

"Nice landing," Nyx commented happily.

Twilight smiled proudly, "Okay, Spike. Now let's try a flip. Remember – two flaps, then straight up!"

Flapping his wing, Spike obliged, "Got it."

Nyx smiled, "Follow my lead, Spike."

Nyx and Spike flew straight up to the sky. Just as Twilight instructed, the black-colored filly flapped her feathered wings twice before spread out to float in midair. The dragon tried to the same thing, but his glided wings are unable to float, causing him to fall into the river. Coming out from the river, he gasped to breath air. This surprised and concern two ponies.

Twilight and Nyx did their best to assist Spike, unfortunately, it did not go well. Whenever the teenage dragon tried to flap his glided wings, he loses his balance while slamming against the tree, the castle's walls and even at the flagpole. He got thrown to the ground hard. Both his adopted mother and sister winced to see him get hurt.

"You're doing great, Spike. Now let's see the big finish." Nyx cheered happily.

Twilight hummed in concern, "You sure you're up for this? Maybe we can try out with your dragon flame and Swampfire's power."

"Don't worry. I've got this. After all, I'm a teenage dragon, not a kid anymore," Spike said confidently. Suddenly, two familiar shoulder angels magically appeared on his shoulders. He groaned, "Not even going to argue with you two."

"Jerk," Angel Spike and Devil Spike remarked in annoyance before magically disappeared.

Spike took a deep breath for the moment. He took off to the sky now. He flapped his wings hard and swift, flying around the Castle of Friendship. He is now diving straight at his family, who were smiling in approval for his skill. Just as he held his own foot, he tried to flip over with the help of his glided wing to flap. But instead, it made him lose his stability and out of control as he was diving straight at Twilight and Nyx. Luckily, he crash-landed on the left and slammed into the ground very deep, creating a large hole.

Concern for his wellbeing, Twilight and Nyx quickly approached toward the large hole. Spike grunted in pain while slowly coming out from it.

"You okay?" Nyx asked in concern.

Spike grunted in pain, "I'm fine. I don't know about 'big', but I am definitely finished."

Twilight hummed thoughtfully, "Maybe I should get Rainbow Dash. She's the one who taught me advanced flying techniques."

Disliked being embarrassed with his flying skills, Spike denied while dusting off the dirt from his body, "No, thanks. If I'm gonna mess up, I'd rather do it in front of you." He rubbed on his shoulder to get rid of some bruises, "I just don't understand why none of your advice is helping."

"That's because she was teaching you to fly like a pony, instead of a dragon." A confident yet calm voice spoke. Everyone was surprised by the voice. They looked up and found Echo Five dived and landed on the ground. He smirked cockily, "Guess who's back?"

"General Echo Five! Good to see you!" Spike greeted Echo Five warmly by shaking the claws. He turned and looked at his family, "Twilight, Nyx, this is Echo Five. Ember's Teacher and original member of Drake Trio with hers and my dad."

Twilight smiled warmly, "Nice to mee you, General."

"Wow. You are big and tough," Nyx commented in surprise. She giggled nervously, "Well, not big as the any large dragons."

Echo Five chuckled, "Why thank you, kid. Not all dragons can grow bigger. Some stuck in this size because they were born or our molt stopped already."

"Don't think I want to find out on how it works," Spike said embarrassingly. He cleared his throat, "Anyhow. About the wings. Were there any difference?"

Holding Twilight's feathered wings, Echo Five shown his glided wings as he explained, "Look any differences? The pony's wings are made of feathers while ours are gliding wingspan." Twilight, Nyx and Spike hummed thoughtfully while looking at their wingspan. Patting the dragon's shoulder, he assured him, "But hey, I can show you two or three tricks. You in, kid?

Spike smiled in relief, "Sure."

Thanks to his guidance, Echo Five was able to help and teach Spike with controlling his gliding wingspan to flap and glide on air. He even taught him with combat and control of Dragon Flames and Magic Message Sender. Though not experience with nature power, he has the knowledge of dragon's nature power to help Spike control his Swampfire's power. Everything went well for them.

"Wow. Look at him go, mummy. He's getting good." Nyx commented.

Though glad Echo Five helped Spike, Twilight couldn't help but feel uncertainty and concerns of what the dragon general has said. Due to her limited knowledge of dragon's biology and culture, she thinks that she may not be suitable to help him. Looking at how he managed to help the teenager, she can tell that he's perfect dragon that Spike needs the most.

Twilight nodded, "Yeah. He sure does…"

After finishing the training, Spike thanked Echo Five, "Thank you so much! I owe you one."

Echo Five smiled as he patted Spike's head, "Happy to help, Spike. After all, you didn't just help Ember to become a better leader of our kingdom, you're also a son of my close friend – Spiketail. You're just like his father."

Spike blushed a bit, "Gee. Thanks, Echo Five. I wish I knew my dad."

"All I can tell is that he's the bravest and kindest dragon I ever met and a close friend to me and Torch," Echo Five answered calmly. He smirked slyly at Spike, "By the way, kid, if you really love Ember, try not to get on hers and her dad's bad side. They're very nasty."

Spike panicked, "Yikes. Thanks for the warning."

Looking at how Echo Five and Spike got along well, Twilight can tell that she was right to be worried. She is not the pony who could him with his problem.


Acting as his tour guide, Nyx gave Echo Five a tour around Ponyville Town. Spike went to his bedroom to work on something. Twilight decided to talk with him about today's event.

Just as she knocked the door, Twilight entered the bedroom, where she found Spike was working on his stuffs now.

"Spike, I've been thinking about our flying lesson." Twilight said in concern. Spike made 'uh-huh' sound. She continued, "I can't believe I overlooked something as simple as feathers. It's no wonder you were having trouble. I wish I had more 'dragonish' knowledge to give you. Do you think being raised by ponies has affected you in other ways?" She noticed Spike hasn't answer back. She asked, "Spike?"

Stopping his doing, Spike looked back and asked, "Did you say something, Twilight?" He apologized while showing the green pillow with helmet. He apologized, "Sorry. I'm just finishing up this 'thank-you' throw pillow for Echo Five. And you know how I get when I'm in the embroidery zone."

Hearing what Spike has said, Twilight chuckled nervously yet embarrassed to see how he almost acted like her when it comes to focus on task. Maybe it's not the time to talk about it.


After completed his sewing the pillow, Spike left the Castle of Friendship, searching and meeting up with Echo Five and Nyx at the main street. He presented the pillow to the Dragon General, who looked surprised and amazed about it.

Spike explained, "It's a pillow. But not for your head. Although it could be. It's a throw pillow. They're more casual. You can use 'em anywhere." He then noticed Echo Five was examining it carefully. He assumed, "You don't like it."

"What?" Echo Five asked in surprise. Seeing Spike's looking upset, he realized of what he was talking about. He panicked a bit before assured him, "Oh! Wow! No! I didn't say I didn't like it. I'm just surprise you make this pillow for me. T-That was nice of you."

Touched by his kindness, Spike smiled, "Yeah. I thought I could return a favor to you. After all, you're my friend."

Echo Five smiled warmly, "My. I can see why Dragon Lord Ember likes you a lot. You did touch her heart, kid. She's in good claws with you now."

Spike chuckled a bit, "Yeah. Thanks for compliment."

Spotting something in the sky, Nyx called, "Hey guys, what's that?"

Both dragons looked back and found a blazing meteor-like in the sky and continued descending in high speed.

"No clue." Echo Five admitted in concern. Carefully analyzing the meteor's trajectory, the dragon gasped, "It's heading right for us! Take cover now!"

Echo Five quickly pushed and covered both Spike and Nyx, barely dodged the meteor-like's impact and explosion. Just as they recovered from the impact, the dragon general picked the charred pillow.

Echo Five groaned, "Oh… I like that pillow."

"Don't worry. I'll whip another one," Spike assured Echo Five. He looked at where the meteor has impacted and created a large hole. He spoke, "I'd be more worried of what hit us."

Spike and his friends approached to the hole, where they found an obese and pale yellow-colored adult dragon with short wings and light purple spikes. He is covered in bruises and burnt marks. He grumbled in frustration about his injuries.

Spotting three characters stood before him, the dragon chuckled, "Hey there." He coughed a bit, "Name's Sludge. How are yours tails shakin'?"

Sludge grunted in pain, feeling his claw injured. Spike asked, "You all right?"

"Care to tell us what happen?" Echo Five asked firmly.

"To what?" Sludge asked obliviously before he got tripped into the hole. He grumbled whiule getting out from it, "Of course. I don't need to explain myself to some strangers."

Sludge grunted and whimpered in pain, feeling the injuries on his body.

Nyx hummed in concern, "You looked hurt and need help. We're taking you to Twilight's castle whether you like it or not."

"Castle, eh?" Sludge asked in surprise.

Before anyone could do anything, a Mystic Portal appeared out of nowhere. Shadow Dragon and the rest of his paternal family emerged out from it, bringing along with some wagons of moveout boxes, books and antiques.

"Spike? Nyx? Echo Five? What are you doing here?" Shadow Dragon asked. He looked at a new dragon, "Who's the fat guy?

"His name's Sludge. He's hurt badly. He needs some help," Spike explained.

Shadow Dragon nodded firmly as he turned and looked at Mighty Heart, "Mighty, think you could-?"

Mighty Heart spoke up, knowing what Shadow Dragon wanted him to do, "I'll help."

Though did noy use full strength, Mighty Heart grunted a bit of struggle as he slowly yet firmly picked Sludge, putting him on his back. He then slowly and cautiously moved out. The rest of his friends and family moved out as well, bringing their moveout boxes and stuffs.

"What's up with these stuffs?" Nyx asked in confusion.

"We'll explain back at the Castle. This one is a huge mess," Jade grumbled in frustration.


Reaching to their destination, Mighty Heart drop by the medical ward, where Shorty, Aqua and Echo Five were treating and healing his injuries. At the same time, Shadow Dragon gathered all of his family and friends at the Council Chamber for discussion about this morning event. He and his paternal family told them what happened. They all were shocked and disbelieved about it.

"I can't believe that they would actually gone and do that," Applejack said in upset tone.

Rarity nodded sternly, "Indeed. Those Mystic Council and especially Nezha have the nerve of taking your family's rights and banished here. All this because of a proposal?!"

"Yeah! What is wrong with ponies loving each other?! So, what if it's stallion-and-stallion or mares-and-mares?!" Pinkie complained. She scoffed, "I've seen Lyra and Bon-Bon loved each other so much. I don't see anyone talking bad about them."

Dragon Kick sighed, "Believe me, Pinkie. I don't see anything wrong with that either especially my uncle has relationship with Stygian."

"Unfortunately, no one especially Nezha agree with this. They view it as…" Mighty Heart hesitated in concern, "Impure and unacceptable relationship."

"EXCUSE ME?!" Pinkie asked angrily and disbelief. She yelled angrily, "That stupid Nezha really got some nerve of calling that?! OOH! When I get my hoof on him, I'm gonna make him say sorry for what he has said!"

While Pinkie was busy with rambling about punishing Nezha for the insults, everyone resumed with their current discussion.

"So, what will you do now since you can't go back home now?" Fluttershy asked in concern.

"Don't worry about that, Fluttershy. I've contacted the mayor about it. And she found a perfect vacant apartment for our home and antique shop," Dragon Kick assured Fluttershy.

Rainbow looked at the assets as she remarked, "Is Mr. Tao serious about these stuffs? I was kinda expecting some kind of awesome gadgets and power stones to use against Nezha and some bad guys."

Jade scoffed while crossed her hoofs, "That's what I would say."

Shadow Dragon sighed while looking at his purple scarf and rusty gauntlet, "I wish I knew why he would give us this. But for now, we should be grateful to inherit his will and gotten the assets we need."

Dragon Kick nodded in agreement, "Indeed. I'm certain Uncle has the reason of giving these."

"Yeah. Just to play some checkers," Jade grumbled while looking at the checker box.

"Either way, how are you guys doing?" Twilight asked calmly.

"We'll be fine, Twilight. Don't worry. We'll get over it," Shadow Dragon calmly assured his wife, though his tone has sadness and hurt in it.

Everyone is also aware that Shadow Dragon is still sad and hurt over Mystic Tao's death. They all wished that they could help and comfort him.

The entrance door was opened. Echo Five, Aqua and Shorty arrived, bringing along Sludge, who is sitting on his wheelchair.

"How is he?" Twilight asked.

"Lots of bruises and burnt marks. But nothing I can't fix," Aqua said confidently before slapped on Sludge's back, causing him to yell in pain. The fat dragon turned and glared at her. She smiled sheepishly with blush, "Sorry. But he'll be fine."

Twilight nodded understandingly, "I'm glad Spike, Nyx and Echo Five brought you here, Sludge. I understand you made quite the impression in town."

"Literally! There's a hole and everything!" Pinkie remarked teasingly.

"Well, I hope you're not expecting me to fix it." Sludge grumbled while crossed his claws, which causing him groaned in pain.

Aqua glared at Sludge, "I told you not to move your claws too much. It not like you're in much shape to do anything."

"I'll manage. Dragons take care of themselves. I don't need help from a bunch of castle-livin' ponies." Sludge said firmly. Just as he tried to get up, he yelped and grunted in pain, still feeling the injuries on his body.

"Sludge, stop being stubborn," Echo Five commanded firmly, "Stay put now."

Sludge grunted in pain, "I'm… fine…"

Sludge tried to push Echo Five, who moved aside and allowed the fat dragon fell on the ground hard. Everyone winced in concern to see it.

"I told you to stop being stubborn," Echo Five warned Sludge. The fat dragon grumbled. He continued, "There is no shame of asking help. I can assure you that these ponies will help you get back on your feet."

Sludge was surprised by Echo Five's recommendation. He then looked at the rest of ponies and a dragon smiled warmly at him. Twilight and Nyx levitated and placed him on the wheelchair.

Spike assured, "I promise. My friends and I will only do enough to get you back on your claws."

"Since you've got some good ponies to look after you. I should return to Dragon Land now for a report." Echo Five said firmly.

"While you guys handle it, I'll help my family to unpack and settle down in his new home." Shadow Dragon stated.

Twilight nodded understandingly, "Alright. Take care, Shadow Dragon."


Shadow Dragon, his paternal family and Dragon Strike Force left the Castle of Friendship. They headed off to new apartment for settling down. Echo Five was flying and returning to the Dragon Land for the report and make some certain preparation. Twilight and her friends helped Sludge to feel comfortable in his place and recover from his injuries.

Rarity designed the orange-colored sling with flames for Sludge's arm. Fluttershy helped settle up the bed for him. Applejack assisted Sludge with his mobility on Apple Juice Machinery, though he cunningly sneaked to get some juice to drink. Rainbow, Indigo, Sugar Blunt and Thunderlane helped Sludge to flap his wings, however, he was lazy to do it. Using her desserts as bait, Pinkie lured Sludge to crawl, walk and fly across the hallway until they arrived at the Council Chamber. It took them a week to help him recover. It was a pleasant result for him.


A week has passed…

Shadow Dragon, his friends and family have completed unpacked their moveout boxes and settled down at their new home, which was located near to the destruction site of Twilight's Golden Oak Library.

It was an apartment, which consisted of three levels. Ground level is filled with cashier counter, various artifacts, antiques and historical bookshelves around the corner, and even has the kitchen and dining hall at the back. First level consisted of Dragon Kick's Martial Arts Dojo and Archaeology Office, Jade Adventure's western adventure-type bedroom, Mighty Heart's Japony cultured room and two guest bedrooms. Second level is attic room, which is now a laboratory for science and potion making.

Gathered at the ground level, Shadow Dragon and his family awed in amazement to see how the ground level reminded them so much from their old home.

Jade sighed, "Just like our old home."

"It is," Mighty Heart agreed sadly. He sighed, "The way it was…"

"So, what do we do now?" Lance asked in concern.

Shadow Dragon nodded in agreement with his son. He questioned seriously, "Yeah. What exactly should we be doing now, Kicker?"

"Nothing…" Dragon Kick answered calmly, surprising everyone. He then explained firmly yet calmly, "We do absolutely nothing but minding our own business – working, playing, bonding, hanging out and so on without worrying."

Completely shocked as Shadow Dragon angrily questioned, "So, that's it? We pretend that nothing bad has happened ever since my father died?! No?! Murdered?! And you said we do absolutely nothing?!"

Everyone became concern and worried of how this would go. Dragon Kick remained silence as he turned and looked away without a word.

Shadow Dragon grunted in anger as he turned and kicked the umbrella holder. He shouted, "Dragon Kick, you are a damn coward!"

Dragon Kick turned and shouted back, "What would you have us do?! Shout to the whole world about what Nezha and his Inner Circle have done to us?! Murdered Tao?! Stripped our rights to stay and live in Mystic Realm?! Ruined our lives?! Rally the troops and ponies to go and storm the castle?!"

"Yeah! Obviously!"

"No! That is reckless and stupid too! Ever since his grandfather has been in comatose, Nezha has taken control over Mystic Council, government and military! Mystic Ponies are now supporting him! He has the influence and power over them!"

"The hell with this! We can't do nothing and let them get away with this!

"There is nothing we can do about this!"

"Like I hell gonna give up the fight!"

"I'm not saying about we're giving up the fight! We need time to settle down with our new home and lay low for the moment. We cannot get involve of this now."

"And we should! Nezha is screwing everything up! We have to fight back!"

"We can't!"

"Yes, we can! We have many friends and allies here. We should use them!"

"Even if we have some help and supports from Equestria, we have no chance to beat them!"

"We should at least try-!"

"Enough, Dragon Hope!" Dragon Kick interrupted firmly as he almost lost his temper. He panted heavily before calming himself down, "I'm sorry. We're not doing this. We're not going to involve everyone to pick a fight with some group, who are dangerously powerful than us. I'm sorry, Dragon Hope."

Rather than accepting his defeat, Shadow Dragon harshly said, "Just like before. Just abandon me and not get involve to fight for your family." He became angry, "No. You never even tried to be there for me. Or even comfort me when I was at the lowest point. All because I'm an outsider and Mystic Tao's favorite, right?"

Completely shattered by Shadow Dragon's harsh words, Dragon Kick tried to speak, "T-That's not true. I was just-!"

"Save it. I don't want to hear it," Shadow Dragon said dryly and firmly, "Goodbye."

Shadow Dragon turned and exited out of the antique shop. Concern for his father, Lance humbly bowed to say goodbye to his family. He turned and met up with them. Mighty Heart and Jade gave disappointed looks at Dragon Kick.

Dragon Kick gave annoyed looks and answered, "Don't even started."

"I wasn't, Uncle Kicker." Jade said firmly, "But you should at least be there for him. Not the fight. Just a comfort."

Mighty Heart nodded in agreement, "And besides, Sensei never favor either of you. You two are his family."

Hearing what Mighty Heart has said, Dragon Kick gave some thoughts, "I know. I…" He sighed, "I'm just being stubborn to admit my faults."

"What will you do now?" Mighty Heart asked.

"Grief. And meditate," Dragon Kick answered, "And then, I'll talk with him when he's cool off."

Jade and Mighty Heart smiled in relief to see that Dragon Kick doing something for Shadow Dragon, at least…


Twilight and her friends were gathered outside as they watched how healthy and lively Sludge is. He was flying around the Castle of Friendship. He then landed gently on the ground before eating his cupcake.

"I know you had your reservations, but it's good to see you feeling better." Twilight said in pleasant tone.

"T-Thanks, I guess." Sludge said nervously.

Nyx smiled, "That's what friends are for."

Looking at Spike, Sludge softly commented, "You're pretty lucky to have friends like these, kid."

Placing his claws on his adopted family's shoulders, Spike explained, "Actually, I was orphaned as an egg, and Twilight raised me. So these ponies are more than my friends. They're my family."

Twilight nodded, "We try our best, but sometimes I worry that maybe Spike is…"

Spike added, "Missing something deep down and dragonish."

"Really?" Sludge asked in surprise. Giving some thoughts, he smiled unusually, "Wow. I-I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that."

Everyone became suspicious of Sludge's saying. Applejack questioned, "Why in Equestria would you be glad to hear that?"

"I wasn't gonna say anything since your life seemed so perfect, but I have a confession to make. Coming to Ponyville wasn't an accident. I was looking for you. Spike…" Sludge 'admitted'. He approached to Spike. He said three words to him, "I'm your father."

Everyone gasped in shock and surprised of what they just heard. Shadow Dragon and Lance arrived at the scene as they found something off with all of them. They all looked at him in shock.

"What did we miss?" Shadow Dragon asked in confusion.


While explaining to Shadow Dragon and Lance about Sludge being Spike's father, like them, they were too shocked and surprised about it. Everyone gathered inside council chamber to discuss about Sludge's supposed relationship to Spike.

"So you crashed in Ponyville on purpose?" Twilight asked suspiciously.

"Well, the crash part wasn't on purpose, but heading here was." Sludge admitted. He turned and patted Spike's head, "I've been searching everywhere for you, kid."

"Did you ask in the Crystal Empire? I'm kind of well-known there." Spike remarked proudly.

Lance groaned, "Yeah. That never stops."

"Actually, Spike's well-known everywhere." Nyx explained, "Not a lot of dragons were hatched by the Princess of Friendship."

Almost everyone nodded in agreement about it.

Sludge chocked up a bit, "You make it sound so simple. I wish you'd been there to help me search."

"I can't believe it. I have so many questions." Spike said.

Sludge smiled, "Well, ask away. Answering questions is what dads are for."

"I guess my biggest question is simple. Why was I an orphaned egg?" Spike questioned in concern, surprising Sludge a bit. He continued, "Is my mom alive? Is she safe? And how did you and mom survive Demon Lords' assassination?"

"A-Assassination?!" Sludge chocked up in surprise yet panicked.

Noticed Sludge's odd behavior of fear, Shadow Dragon firmly and suspiciously questioned, "Yeah. How did you and Spike's mother survive?"

"Y-You sure you don't want to ask something else?" Sludge stammered before choked up, "It's a lot of painful memories."

While Mane Six, Nyx and especially Spike really wanted to know and shown their pleading looks at Sludge, both Shadow Dragon and Lance were suspicious to glare at him. Seeing their looks, Sludge knew that he has to tell them.

"No. It was just me. I was the lone survivor," Sludge admitted in grievance. He lowered down his head down sadly, "I am so sorry, Spike. I failed you and my loved one."

Everyone couldn't help but sympathized Sludge, though Shadow Dragon and Lance were not convinced by his tale.

"It's okay. C-Can you tell me about my mother? And how you managed to find out about me?" Spike asked hopefully.

Sludge nodded warmly, "Your mother was the best dragon I'd ever met. After we beat those nasty Demon Lords, we've decided to settle down and have a wonderful family." He sighed, "But of course, as you know, we were attacked and almost died from the assassination. I barely survived, but your mother didn't. The worst is that I've lost the egg. And so, I've scoured around the world, searching for you. No matter how long it takes for me until I find and reunited with my child. And today, I finally did."

Everyone was convinced by his story. Shadow Dragon wasn't as he questioned angrily, "Is that all? I'm kinda surprise that Shendu and some friends of yours didn't find out about you being alive. Considering you were his friend."

"Not to mention, why change the name from Spiketail?" Lance asked suspiciously.

"And how did you know Spike is a boy?" Rainbow asked.

"I thought it was obvious." Sludge said obliviously, "Since everyone knew I was dead, I had to change my name to avoid being found. I didn't want to risk my son or my friends' lives if I told them my real name. The last thing I need is the Demon Lord of Fire coming after me and finish me off before I ever get the chance to be with you." He sighed, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about this."

As Sludge was crying in agony, almost everyone sympathized him for the loss and struggles he has to suffer.

Spike patted on his 'father's back to assure, "Well, that's all in the past. The only thing that matters now is that we're together. And I'm gonna make up for lost time."

Hearing what Spike has said, Sludge smiled, "Thank you so much, Spike."

Sludge gave his 'teenage son' a warm hug. Spike hugged back. Everyone awed happily to see them to be together again. However, Shadow Dragon and Lance were a bit tensed about it.

"That dragon… He's definitely lying…" Shadow Dragon remarked softly, which caught Twilight and Nyx attention.

Lance nodded, "Yeah. He's definitely up to something…"

Twilight and Nyx became concern of what Shadow Dragon and Lance have said. They turned and looked at Sludge as they wondered what is that dragon really want…


Everyone decided to let Spike and Sludge spend time together. Both 'father' and son went out to the main street for their happy discussion.

"I hope you don't mind, but I have a list of all the things I always wanted to do with my dad?" Spike asked gently.

Sludge smiled warmly, "Mind? Spike, my boy, with you by my side, I feel like we could do anything. What do you want to do first?"

Took out the scroll from his back, Spike answered, "Well, I've kind of been working on a list for a long time."

Just as he opened the scroll, it unrolled and revealed a long list of activities that Spike wanted to do together with his father.

Sludge was surprise and asked, "Dude, you want to do all of this?"

"Oh. I mean, w-we don't have to." Spike became embarrassed as he slowly rolled up the scroll.

Seeing how embarrassed Spike is now, Sludge was a bit of ashamed for talking like that. He stomped his foot on the scroll to stop its rolling. He encouraged, "If you think doing everything on this incredibly long list is gonna fill the hole where your dragonishness should be, then that is exactly what we're gonna do!"

Spike gasped happily to hear what Sludge has said. He can't wait to spend a great time together with his father.


And so, Spike and Sludge have a father-and-son bonding time together over the lists they're going through such as playing the buckball with Pinkie and Fluttershy, having a good time in Hearth's Warming Eve celebration with the help of Rainbow creating snow storm and Rarity prepared the present for the father to give to his son, baking cupcakes and so on. Sludge finds them to be boring and uninterested for him to enjoy.

Through the hallway, Spike was looking through the list, with Sludge walking beside him.

"I can't believe we got so many things done. But this is all my stuff." Spike said in surprise while reading the list, "Is there anything you always wanted to do with me?"

"Not really." Sludge admitted bluntly and rudely. Spike looked disappointed and upset by his answer. He panicked and answered differently, "Uhhh, I mean, uh, I'm happy to do whatever you want. But if I had a castle like this with all this stuff, I'd probably just lay around all day doing nothing like a real dragon."

"Like a real dragon?" Spike asked in confusion.

"Sure! I'm not surprised you don't know any better. Twilight basically raised you as a pony. You're barely a dragon at all." Sludge remarked bluntly and rudely again.

"Huh?" Spike was disbelief of what Sludge has said. He hummed in concern, "Maybe I should talk with Twilight."

"Sure, whatever," Sludge said bluntly.

Spike turned and headed off to find Twilight. Sludge was about to move out but halted by Shadow Dragon, Lance and Nyx. Three of them glared at him.

"Can I help you or something, pal?" Sludge asked rudely.

"I don't know who the hell are you or what you really want here. But if you ever think about taking advantage of Spike to fill your greed and stomach, then you've got another thing coming." Shadow Dragon said threateningly.

Sludge was a bit of nervous as he tried to make excuses, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't try to make excuses, Sludge. It's very sickening to see you acting like you know what's best for him," Lance said sternly, "We won't let you get away with this."

Sludge scoffed arrogantly, "Whatever. I can do whatever I want, ponies. After all, I am Spike's dad. And you both are not. See ya."

Sludge walked pass three ponies while nudging them aside. Both Shadow Dragon and Lance rubbed on their shoulders a bit.

"You know for someone claimed to be Spike's dad, he's definitely rude, jerk and especially doesn't care about his 'son'," Nyx remarked in disgust.

Lance nodded, "Dad, maybe we should chase him off now before Spike finds out about this."

"Would it better to tell him the truth? I mean he deserves to know that Sludge is not really his father," Nyx suggested.

Shadow Dragon shook his head, "Even if we did either of them, Spike definitely won't do it. We just have to keep an eye on him. If he makes any funny move to Twilight and Spike, we take care of him for good. We don't tell Spike anything about this."

Though didn't like to keep secrets from Spike, Lance and Nyx knew that Shadow Dragon made a good point. They reluctantly nodded to agree with him.


Inside the Council Chamber, Twilight was studying and researching on couple of books. Spike opened the door before approached her.

Noticing her the dragon's arrival, Twilight greeted, "Hey, Spike! How are things going with Sludge?"

"Honestly, I thought having him around would make me feel more dragonish. But I kind of feel less." Spike admitted in concern.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wish I could help." Twilight apologized.

"Awww, shucks." Sludge's voice said in guilt. Both Twilight and Spike turned and found him arriving at the scene. Finishing up his cupcake, he continued sincerely, "I guess I shouldn't have said anything about you being more pony than dragon. I just wish we had more in common."

"Maybe you two can come up with ways to turn up Spike's, uh, dragonishness." Twilight suggested.

Looking at his 'father', Spike asked, "You think that's something we can do?"

Sludge smiled confidently, "You know what, son? I think it is!"

Sludge brought Spike along as they exited out of the room. Though aware she agreed with her family about him not father, Twilight was glad that Sludge is trying to befriend and guide Spike about being dragon.


"Spike, I'm gonna teach you a thing or two about being a dragon. So, listen up, my boy, because I'm only gonna say this once."

Just as Sludge and Spike were climbing down the stairs, the fat one began teaching his teenage son about what it means to be a dragon. He began singing about the lessons he's gonna teach while looking at the hall.

Sludge: Look at this castle where you live

Spike: It's pretty sweet, right?

Sludge: You can't be a dragon here

Spike: Uh, I can't?

Entering the library, Sludge climbed the wheeled ladder. He then pushed himself around the bookshelves while pushing and knocking all the books down. This however offended Metalgear and his team to chase him off.

Sludge: Look at these books up on the wall

Spike: Hey, Metalgear and his guys just finished organizing those!

Sludge: This treasure pile's not right, I fear

Trust me, I got you covered here.

Sludge took Spike back to Spike's bedroom. He began complained about how much 'pony stuffs' around in his room. He then bounced on the bed briefly. He then thrown and pile up some fancy clothes on the ground.

Sludge: You see all this soft pony stuff you're surrounded with?

This has got to be the first thing to go.

Nothin' 'bout this place says "dragon den", there's too much fluff

All these fancy robes, toss in a pile

He and his son went into the dinning hall, where Sludge piled up the food, dishes, goblets and utensils on the ground.

Sludge: Take those goblets, dishes, is that gold? Still not enough!

De-ponifying might just take a while

Walking down the hallway, Sludge and Spike came across to the family portrait of Twilight, Shadow Dragon, Lance, Spike, Nyx and Dragoking. He then complained about it.

Sludge: Sure, this place is grandiose

But to a dragon, it's just gross

Time we make the lot all disappear

Sludge took Spike to the balcony, where he was talking about Spike won't become dragon due to him being too close to the ponies. Unbeknownst to them, Lance and Nyx were spying on them. They felt uneasy and disturbed about the fat dragon's lessons, not because of how bad the singing he is.

Sludge: Reality you need a dose

To all these ponies, you're too close

You just can't be a dragon here

Good job, my boy! But this is still just the beginning!

Sludge and Spike returned to the hallway, where he continued singing bluntly about what it means to be dragon. He then looked at some stuffs from his son's bedroom.

Sludge: Each and every dragon has a swagger all his own

Watch and I'll show you what I mean

You can't move like this with so much stuff to weigh you down

A dragon always keeps it lean

Inside the bedroom, Sludge complained about Spike's life. He then fell asleep on the bed for the moment. After half an hour, he got up to check on his son. To his surprise and disbelief, he found him brushing his teeth. He then shown his teeth that he doesn't need to brush also.

Sludge: Your life is soft, your scales are coiffed

These pillows, beds, and sheets are washed

A delight, but it's just not right what's underneath

Every dragon must be free

Look at you, then look at me

Since when do dragons brush their teeth?

Ha! Please!

Just as they exited out of the bedroom, Sludge and Spike walked down the hallway again. Whenever he comes across with some pretty stuffs, he resorted by throwing them off from the Castle of Friendship. They then were on their way back to their bedroom, where Sludge gave the solution to Spike's problem.

Sludge: Sure, this place is grandiose

But to a dragon, it's just gross

Time we make the lot all disappear

Spike: What do I do?

Sludge smirked: Just grab it all and give to me

After that, then you'll be free

You just can't be a dragon heeeeere!

"Ha! You're right! I feel better already!" Spike exclaimed naively.

Sludge smirked as he patted his teenage son's head, "See? What did I tell you? You're very lucky that I found you. Now, go get me some more."

Spike smiled as he was about to exit the bedroom, "You got it! I'm gonna go get you all the cushy pony stuff I've got… Dad."

Sludge smirked slyly, "Great! Go get 'em... son!"

Lying down on the bed, Sludge sang one last rhyme of the song:

'Cause this dragon just can't wait to live here

Sludge smirked slyly before chuckled amusingly while lying down on the bed. Lance and Nyx have seen everything. They became concern and uneasy with the situation. They need to inform the rest of their family, friends and also Echo Five.


After calling the rest of their family and friends including Echo Five, who used the communication portal to see and communicate with them, Lance and Nyx told them about what Sludge has been doing with Spike. Most of them were concerned and disturbed of what Sludge has been teaching. However, Echo Five was more furious and annoyed about the situation.

"What sort of lessons that Sludge has been teaching Spike?!" Rarity demanded in disbelief. She huffed in upset, "Can't be a dragon here?! Pony stuffs?! And even has the nerve to call everything 'gross'."

"There's something fishy about Sludge," Applejack admitted in concern.

"I don't know about you guys. Something is off with him," Lance voiced his concerns.

Nyx nodded, "Yeah. This isn't right. We should tell Spike that Sludge is taking advantage of him, not really teaching him."

"I'm with you," Echo Five said in agreement, "I definitely would like to have a word with him. How dare he trying to call himself 'Spike's dad' and even taking advantage of the kid?! That pretender!"

"Wow. I know you're disappointed with Sludge's doing, but what do you mean 'pretender'? Was he not friend?" Rainbow asked in confusion.

"That's because Sludge is not Spiketail. And he's not even Spike's real father," Echo Five explained seriously, shocking everyone. He continued, "If he was him, I would have noticed and tell you all about him especially the Gauntlet of Fire event."

Everyone was completely disbelief and shocked about it. Almost all of them became very angry and furious about it.

"I don't believe it! He lied to us?!" Pinkie exclaimed in anger.

"He should be ashamed of himself for lying and taking advantage of Spike's kindness," Fluttershy said in agreement.

"We should tell Spike about this now," Applejack said firmly.

"Don't. Not yet," Echo Five protested firmly. Everyone was confused. He explained, "If you tell him that, Spike will become emotionally defensive and protective of Sludge. He won't listen to any of us."

"What should we do?" Twilight asked in concern.

Echo Five continued, "I'll get here as soon as I'm done helping Dragon Lord Ember preparing her special date with Spike. Once I forced Sludge to do what Spiketail always does in his time, he will reveal his true colors in front of Spike. There is no way he can get away with this. For now, entertain him as long as you can. Just make sure Sludge doesn't make Spike doing something he'd regret."

Almost everyone didn't like the idea of letting Sludge lying and taking advantage of Spike. But they knew Echo Five is their chance to convince Spike to know the truth.

With everyone reluctantly agreed, Twilight sighed, "Alright, Echo Five. We'll do it. Don't take it too long."

Echo Five nodded, "I will. Ember and I will be here by this weekend. Just need to get the right swimsuit."

"Swimsuit? For Ember?" Rarity asked in surprise, which Echo Five nodded in agreement. Everyone giggled playfully. She teased, "Oh my. I didn't think she would have fashion sense. Let alone to be very attractive with Spike's muscle."

Echo Five chuckled a bit, "Well, Ember doesn't but she has to. She hates fashions and girly stuffs, but hates disappointing Spike the most. So, she swallowed the pride to do so."

"Aw. That is so sweet. Ember and Spike are perfect couple," Twilight remarked sincerely.

"We should be keeping an eye on Spike," Shadow Dragon said seriously, "Twilight, maybe you should talk Spike about it. Not the truth. Just convince him to realize that he's been taking advantage."

Twilight nodded, "Yeah. I should."


On the next day, Twilight arrived at Spike's bedroom. And just before she could enter it, she turned and found Spike arrived with carrying the tray of sweets and desserts.

"Spike, there you are!" Twilight said in relief. Before she could explain, she noticed what was Spike doing. She questioned, "What is all this? Did you leave the castle so early?"

"I didn't leave. I spent the night outdoors to get in touch with my dragon side." Spike answered happily.

"Outdoors?"

"Yeah! And Sludge asked me to bring him the best breakfast Ponyville has to offer so he can show me how a real dragon would eat it."

"About that, Spike. Maybe you should get some lessons from Drake Trio? Maybe they can help you with that."

"Sorry, Twilight. Sludge and I are going out. He's gonna teach me about the dragon wings. Probably teach me with some new tricks. See you later!"

Before Twilight could say anything, Spike already entered his bedroom to give some food to Sludge. This made her concern and uneasy about it now. She has to tell him discreetly, and not revealing the truth until Echo Five came.

Suddenly, Applejack rushed towards Twilight as she reported, "Twilight, you need to come to School of Friendship! It's Arcee!"

Twilight became concern and questioned, "What happened?"


Twilight and her friends arrived at the School of Friendship's infirmary, where Hugbear was putting ointment on Arcee's bruises, burnt marks and some small cuts. Shadow Dragon was there while showing his guilty looks.

"What happened?" Twilight asked.

"Nothing bad happen. Just a little bruise, Princess Twilight. Nothing to worry about," Arcee reported.

"Little?! Surely you jest, Ariel!" Hugbear scolded Arcee for taking her injuries lightly. Glaring at Shadow Dragon, he then explained, "During her training with Falcon Deflect Training, your husband kept pushing her to practice more and push through her limits, even though she's already exhausted. That was almost like 50 rounds. And now look at the results? Bruises, burn marks and cuts around her body! Thank the Mystic that it's stun blaster, not some bloody life-ammo."

"Hugbear, please!" Arcee hushed at Hugbear.

"No, Arcee. He is right. This is my fault. I'm sorry," Shadow Dragon said in guilt.

While shaking her head, Arcee said gently, "It's alright, master. I know you didn't mean to. I guess I also push myself too hard."

"I'm glad you're not in serious condition, Arcee. But I'm more furious with my husband's reckless," Twilight said stoically yet angry. She turned and glared at Shadow Dragon, "Shadow Dragon, what has gotten into you?! How could you make Arcee push through your limits, even when she's already exhausted?! You should know better."

Shadow Dragon sighed in defeat, "I know. And I'm sorry. I just want to make sure Arcee prepare for anything the worse. I don't want her, the students or any of our friends get killed. Never again! We all have to be prepared!"

"Again?!"

"Uh… Never mind. Forget it."

Giving some thoughts, Twilight realized of why Shadow Dragon pushed Arcee so hard to push through her limits. She spoke, "This was about your father, wasn't it?" Everyone gasped in shock and concern. Shadow Dragon remained silence. She continued, "Shadow Dragon, none of us didn't expect him to pass away that soon. And believe me, all of us miss him. Just like you."

"I know. But I don't believe my father passed away because of his bad health. The last time I saw him, he was healthy and well." Shadow Dragon said seriously, "I suspected that Nezha did it."

"Do you even have the poof of that?"

"No. But I know it's him. Who else hates Mystic Tao more than just Starswirl the Bearded and Dark Curse?!"

"Nezha may have some issues with your father, there is no way he would kill him without a reason. I don't believe his proposal would offend him to resort that action. And don't forget, Nezha is a warrior, who rather fight with valor and honor, despite his prejudice against the humanity and low opinion on Equestria."

"Then, what or who kills him?! The only pony who was there in his antique shop is Nezha. He has to be responsible for this. It has to be him."

"Even if it is him, then what will you do?" Twilight questioned seriously. Shadow Dragon was about to answer. She halted him and answered, "Don't even bother to answer. If you think Equestria Ponies and other Creatures are enough to start a war with Nezha, then you're sadly mistaken. We don't stand a chance against him. He has the supports of Mystic Ponies, government and military! Not to mention, they've got magical powers and arsenals. We don't stand a chance! Do you want all of us to get killed?!"

Shadow Dragon was surprised by Twilight's answer. He sighed, "You just sound like Kicker."

"Yeah. I'd bet he would try to reason you not to do something reckless and foolish."

"Yeah, he did. I just blow at his face."

"Maybe you should apologize to him and do what we told you."

"Yeah. I should. Thanks, Twilight."

"No problem. For now, we lay low and get everything ready for the worse. That's all we can do."

"Yeah. You're right, Twilight. Thanks."


Leaving Arcee under the care of Hugbear now, Mane Six, Dragon Strike Force, Lance and Nyx made their way back to the Council Chamber for discussion about preparing the defense of Ponyville, should Nezha planned to turn on the alliance.

And just as they have entered the chamber, everyone was in deep shock and surprise of what they're looking at. Sludge was on top of the table as he allowed Spike filed on his toenails.

"Hey, gang! Dad was just showing me how a real dragon would act in a throne room." Spike said happily.

Sludge smiled amusingly, "Dragons like to sprawl when they get their claws done." He lifted his toenails up to blow. He got off from the table and exited out from the entrance. He smirked, "Now, if you'll all excuse me, it's time for my bath."

Spike sighed happily, "Isn't he the best?"

"Lazy and stupid are the right word," Lance remarked dryly.

Nyx nodded in agreement, "Yeah. Not the 'Best Dad Award Winning'."

"Uh, Spike? The bath isn't gonna fill itself, son." Sludge called from the entrance door.

Spike smiled happily, "Be right there… Dad."

Spike then flew off with his father, heading back to the bedroom for preparing the bath. Almost everyone is concern for Spike now.

"I have enough of his charade. He has to go, with or without Echo Five's help," Shadow Dragon said sternly. Twilight was about to protest. He firmly interrupted, "I'm doing this for his sake. You do what you have to do for Spike. You are his real family, not that impostor."

Knew Shadow Dragon was right, Twilight nodded reluctantly, "Alright. I'll talk with Spike."


After helping his father readied with the bath, Spike went to the library, where he was searching for a specific book from the piles of them. Twilight, Lance and Nyx arrived to check on him. And to their shock and disbelief, the library section is a mess.

"Wow. Guess Metalgear wasn't kidding," Lance remarked in disbelief.

Nyx nodded in agreement, "Hm-mmm. Definitely, Sludge's mess really made Metal Ponies angry and quit from cleaning again."

"Well, let's talk with Spike," Twilight said. She approached to Spike, "I'm glad you're not spending the night outside again."

"Oh, I am." Spike said calmly, "I'm just looking for a good bedtime story to read to my dad first."

"Uh… Shouldn't that be the other way around?" Nyx asked in confusion.

Lance sighed as he whispered to his little sister, "Probably, Sludge is lazy to do anything for Spike."

She has to play it right. Talk nicely to him first before questioning the methods. Twilight spoke gently, "It's nice that you have somepony to show you dragon culture. But are you sure that's what Sludge is doing?"

"What do you mean?" Spike asked.

Twilight explained of her concerns, "Well, taking over your room, making a mess of things…"

Spike scoffed, "That is dragon culture."

"You never acted like that."

"That's because you raised me. Now I finally have a chance to see how I'm supposed to be."

"I don't think you're supposed to be any different than who you are."

Having enough of Twilight's talk, Spike talked back in upset tone, "Maybe you just don't like that I have a real parent now."

Lance and Nyx gasped of how Spike talked to Twilight. The Princess of Friendship was deeply hurt by how he talks to her. Feeling tears from her eyes, she quickly wiped them off as she tried to remain compose and firm.

Twilight tried to speak, "That's not true! I'm glad Sludge is here. I-I just wish he wasn't such a-!"

After getting the book, Spike interrupted, "Dragon? Of all ponies, I can't believe you would have a problem with that."

Twilight looked down, not of shame, but heartbroken of how Spike talked to him. Spike walked away from her. He was blocked by Lance and Nyx, who weren't pleased with him. How could he talk to her like that?

"Do you mind?! I need to meet up with my dad," Spike said sternly.

"Really? Is that jackass father the only thing matters to you, not any of us?" Lance asked sternly.

Spike shouted, "Don't you dare talk to my dad like that?!"

Lance shouted back, "Oh yeah! From what I remembered, Spiketail was supposed to be brave, strong and kind warrior. That dragon is nothing like how Echo Five told us. He's a joke."

"I'm warning you, Lance. You don't want to make me angry."

"Or else what?! You're gonna grow your stupid plants on me?! Well, go ahead! Do your worse!"

Lance and Spike were about to fight while Nyx tried to stop them from fighting.

"Stop it!" Twilight shouted in upset tone, halting the children's fight. Without looking back, she choked up a bit sadly, "J-Just let Spike go. He made up his mind."

While Lance was upset with Twilight's decision, Nyx was more heartbroken and sadder about it. He moved aside to let Spike walk pass by him.

Lance remarked with a snarl, "Enjoy with your 'family bonding' with the faker. Because no one especially Sludge will be there for you."

Angered by Lance's insult, Spike turned and shouted back, "Why don't you jerks back off?! I finally found my family! Don't you understand that?!"

Nyx sniffed dejectedly, "I thought you already had."

Lance nodded, "Yeah. We were there for you from the start while he never does."

Spike was completely both shocked and devastated by their words. Angrily shaking his head, he doesn't need to deal with them anymore. He already found his biological father. He's the family he has now. But why is he crying secretly?


Just as he planned, Shadow Dragon firmly went straight to the Spike's bedroom. He angrily kicked the door opened and revealed how the mess. It was completely filled with smelly food and desserts, pile of some stuffs including damaged ones and even covered in dirt. Sludge, still wearing his favorite red-colored bathroom robe, lying on the bed.

"About time you got here, kid. What took you so long with that stupid storybook of yours?" Sludge asked impatiently. He got up and found Shadow Dragon. He was surprised and confused, "Uh? Who are you again?"

Shadow Dragon narrowed his firm yet angry eyes as he reminded Sludge, "The Master of this Castle, fat-ass. I demand you to leave now."

Sludge laughed out, thinking it was a joke, which Shadow Dragon did not find it amusing and very annoying.

"Sorry. Really sorry, pal. I thought you were joking," Sludge said amusingly, calming himself down from the laughter. He breathed calmly, "But come on. Spike let me stay home because I'm his father. Mi catsle es su castle. Know what I'm saying, pal?"

"All I heard is bullshit, fat-ass," Shadow Dragon said sternly, "And who the hell ever say I'm joking, you faker?!"

Surprised by Shadow Dragon's deduction, Sludge got up and amusingly glared at him, "Wow. You figure that out, didn't ya? Or maybe, you're just assuming me to be fake."

"What makes you think of that?"

"Simple. You're jealous of me for being a better father than you?"

"Don't be a fool. All you ever did is order Spike around like a slave."

"Oh yeah? What about her? She did the same to him too. I'd say she's the worst."

Annoyed by the insult, Shadow Dragon threatened, "I'm warning you, Sludge."

"Or else what, pal? What are you gonna do?" Sludge asked mockingly before chuckled, "Yeah right? Twilight's not even Spike's real mother."

"Maybe so. But at least, she's with him for years. She has raised him, fed him, taught him, helped him and been there for him. Twilight is better parent than you, Sludge."

"Ooh. I feel insulted…" Sludge mocked as he picked up a familiar purple scarf for him to use as handkerchief to wife some smudge from his mouth. He scoffed, "You cany say all that junk if you want. Spike's mine now, loser."

Seeing what Sludge is doing with the scarf, Shadow Dragon demanded angrily, "Where did you get that scarf?!"

Sludge amusingly looked at the scarf, "Oh? This? Spike gave it to me."

"Put that scarf down! NOW!" Shadow Dragon demanded fiercely.

"Or else what?" Sludge asked amusingly while holding the scarf.

"Don't test me, you fat-ass." Shadow Dragon sternly warned Sludge.

Sludge smirked arrogantly as he used the scarf to wipe on his cheeks, "Yeah, right. If this is Spike's, then he wouldn't mind letting me using it. After all, I'm his dad. No. The best dad he ever has. I can do whatever I want. Like this stupid scarf, I can use napkin to wipe my mouth whenever I'm done with my food."

Without hesitation, Shadow Dragon dashed and punched Sludge by nose. The fat dragon got thrown straight against the wall hard. Before he could recover, he grabbed his tail to swing and slam him like a ragdoll. He swung him around before thrown him out of Spike's Bedroom. The pony approached and checked on his late father's scarf. It is now badly damaged and dirty. Now it's personal.

Putting the scarf around his neck, Shadow Dragon turned and gave the death glare at Sludge, quivered in fear to see his fierce looks. He gave the scream of rage, scaring him to scream and panic in fear. The fat dragon tried to run, but got grabbed and dragged towards him. The Earth Pony fiercely attacked the dragon for couple of rounds while slamming against the walls and using items to whack on him for couple of times. Sludge cried in pain and agony while shouting 'mercy'.

Almost everyone including Spike came straight to Spike's bedroom, where they found and witnessed Shadow Dragon beating up Sludge to the pulp. The fat dragon coughed heavily and painfully while struggling to get up and move. The Mystic Earth Pony grabbed and held him up, preparing to strike him.

Shadow Dragon glared at Sludge, "That was the last straw. No one especially you using my father's scarf!"

Spike dashed and pushed Shadow Dragon aside. He stood protectively in front of Sludge. He growled at the pony, "Shadow Dragon, back off!"

Recovering and getting up, Shadow Dragon firmly ordered, "Stand aside now, Spike. I'm gonna take care of this bastard for good. He's not welcome here anymore!"

"You can't just talk to my father like that!"

"He's not your father, Spike! If he was, he would have actually spent more time with you, instead of lazing and messing around our home! Twilight done a better mother than that bastard has ever done! All this fat-ass ever did is treating you like a slave than a real son. Makes me wonder if you both are even related."

Shocked by his claim, Spike emotionally became angry as he snapped, "Go to hell, bastard! I don't care what you think. I have found my family. The real one! Unlike you!"

Shadow Dragon was annoyed as he talked back, "That maybe so. At least, I appreciate my adoptive family especially Mystic Tao for being there for me. He's the real father to me, unlike Sludge."

Spike growled angrily, "Oh yeah! If he's such a good dad, then why the hell did you screw everything up in the first place?! Maybe if you had treated your dad well, be a proud son that he ever wants and maybe didn't join the bad guys, Mr. Tao would have been alive here. He died because of you being jerk to everyone and even him! He's ashamed of you, you jackass!"

Almost everyone gasped in shock of what Spike has said. Pinkie covered her mouth, Fluttershy covered her ears to hear such terrible words, Rainbow facepalmed, Applejack shook her head in disbelief, Rarity shown disappointed looks at Spike and even Twilight and the children couldn't believe of what he has said. Deeply hurt by Spike's insult, Shadow Dragon gritted his teeth while growling angrily at Spike.

Seeing everyone's looks and reaction, the teenage dragon realized the mistake he has make.

Spike tried to plead, "Shadow Dragon, wait! I didn't mean to-!"

Interrupted by Shadow Dragon's punch, Spike got thrown against the door hard. Not allowing him to recover and say anything, Mystic Earth Pony grabbed and held him up high before fiercely attacking him by punches for couple rounds. He then kicked him to the ground hard. He relentlessly attacked him to the ground.

Unable to see Shadow Dragon attacking Spike, Twilight and her friends jumped in as they quickly pulled him away from the dragon. Lance and Nyx helped move him away as well.

Shadow Dragon yelled angrily, "Let me go! I'm not done with him! That brat is gonna deserve the beatings!"

Twilight slapped at Shadow Dragon's face, snapping him out from his violence nature. She then sniffed and cried in tears, "Shadow Dragon, just stop. Just stop. Do you know what you almost have done?"

Processing Twilight's slap and reasoning, Shadow Dragon slowly calmed himself down and think carefully of the situation. He turned and looked at how badly hurt Spike is now. Nyx tried to help heal her brother's wounds while Lance held on him. He realized of what he almost done.

"S-Spike, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-!" Shadow Dragon tried to apologize and helped Spike. But to his shock, the teenage dragon slapped his claw. He gasped in concern, "S-Spike?"

Showing both hurt and scared looks, Spike panted heavily and hysterically, "S-Stay away from me! Just stay away from me! Don't come close to me again!"

"Spike, I-!" Shadow Dragon tried to apologize.

Spike interrupted in hurt yet upset tone, "Just leave me alone! All of you! I want nothing to do with you ponies anymore!"

Pushing Lance and Nyx aside, Spike got up and make the run at once, without looking back. At the same time, he was crying in tears of both hurt and sadness. Everyone couldn't help but sadly watched the teenage dragon running away from them.

"Nice going, ponies." Sludge grunted in pain while trying to get up with his claw holding on the wall. He growled in pain, "Some family you ponies turned out to be."

Having enough of Sludge's insults, Fluttershy shouted at his face, "Get the hell outta here, you jerk! Everything is a mess because of you!" Sludge, panicked, ran for his life before he gets killed. She panted heavily and calming herself down. She turned to her friends and apologized, "Sorry, everyone."

"Don't beat yourself. That jerk deserved it," Rainbow said sternly.

"No. I'm the one who should be sorry," Shadow Dragon corrected. Picking up his rusty battle gauntlet, he sighed in ashamed tone, "I ruin the family. I'm sorry."

Before anyone could say anything, Shadow Dragon began walking down the hallway as he is now leaving the home. Almost everyone sighed in defeat as they all pity for not only Shadow Dragon, but also Spike. The family drama is in big mess.


In the evening, while searching for Spike, Shadow Dragon came across to the new antique shop that his paternal family has settled. Hoping that the teenage dragon is in there, he went straight to the shop to check on him and also made an apology with Dragon Kick for the argument and calling him 'coward'.

Shadow Dragon knocked the door firmly, and then waiting for the response. As he hoped for, Dragon Kick was the pony to open the door.

"Oh. Shadow Dragon? What are you doing here?" Dragon Kick asked in surprise, though he wasn't sure if his cousin did come here to convince him to prepare for war.

"I was looking for Spike, cousin," Shadow Dragon admitted. He then bowed firmly before the surprised Dragon Kick. He apologized, "And I'm sorry for the argument we have and calling you a 'coward'."

"Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah. I kinda have a talk with Twilight about wanting to wage war with Nezha and gave the same reason as you did. Sorry, Dragon Kick."

Astonished yet touched by Shadow Dragon's apology, Dragon Kick smiled warmly to see his adopted cousin knows his mistakes. He then helped him to get up before hugging him warmly. This prompted the younger one to hug back as well.

Dragon Kick said warmly, "Thank you too, Shadow Dragon. And also, I'm sorry for not being a better cousin. No. A better brother you needed the most."

Shadow Dragon smiled as well, "Yeah. Thanks. And is Spike here?"

Dragon Kick nodded, "He is. He's upstairs in the guest room with his 'father'. Apparently, he was upset and angry to talk with us. Can I assume that something happened?"

"We can explain it." Twilight's voice spoke, caught the attention of two brothers. They looked back and found Mane Six, Lance and Nyx are standing before them. She sighed, "It's real messy."

Dragon Kick suspected something amiss in the family as he nodded and allowed everyone in now. They all gathered at the dining hall. Mighty Heart was cooking the dinner dishes. Mane Six and Shadow Dragon discussed with Dragon Kick about why Spike ran away from home. Jade and Nyx were playing the checkers. Lance was looking through some cards before preparing it for the next game.

Dragon Kick hummed in concern, "I see. That is concerning." He turned and looked at Shadow Dragon, "What were you thinking, Shadow Dragon?"

"I didn't," Shadow Dragon admitted in shame before sighed, "I just got mad when it comes to my father. No one gets away with insulting him or even messing with his stuffs."

"So, Spike deserves that?" Dragon Kick asked seriously. Shadow Dragon looked down in shame. Twilight patted his back. He sighed, "But I can't blame you. If it were to me or anyone else, we would do the same thing. However, I would never harm my own family, even though they do wrong."

"I know. That's why we're here. We-! I want to apologize to him," Shadow Dragon said firmly.

Dragon Kick looked at the staircase, "At the moment, I don't think it's wise to see and talk with him. He's not in mood to listen now."

Shadow Dragon nodded, "Yeah, sure."

"By the way, I want confirmation. Is Sludge really Spike's father?' Dragon Kick asked in concern. He hummed thoughtfully, "He doesn't look like he's related."

"No, he isn't. Echo Five confirmed that Sludge is an impostor." Lance admitted. He sighed in frustration, "We tried to tell him about Sludge and his teachings. He was stubborn and being a jerk to Twilight too."

Nyx nodded, "Yeah. And the worst thing is that Spike listened to a stranger more than Twilight. She raised him after his hatch. And what she gets from him? He told her off, saying that she doesn't like his real parent."

"What a jerk!" Jade exclaimed in disbelief as she picked up the black-colored checker, "He got some nerve to talk like that. When he gets down from his bedroom, I'm gonna blast him off the roof!"

Unexpectedly, the black checker Jade was carrying suddenly glowed brightly in burning flame color while making hissing noise. Just as she was about to inspect the noise, she yelped in pain upon feeling the checker's sudden heat. When it hit to the ground, the checker shot out a powerful fire-like beam, blasting through the kitchen's wall. Everyone was stunned by it.

Emerging out from the kitchen, Mighty Heart brought a tray of some dishes including a large cake with crisped hole in it. He asked, "W-What the heck just happen?!"

"That's what I would like to know," Dragon Kick agreed. He turned and sternly glared at his niece, "Jade…"

"I didn't do anything with the checkers! I swear! Really!" Jade pleaded in concern.

Giving some thoughts, Nyx picked the black checker while looking at it, "Or maybe, there's something about them."

Just as she was inspecting the checker, Nyx felt its surface to be more plastic, despite its she felt it hard as a rock. Just as she tears out the plastic, the checker revealed to be a familiar talisman. Everyone gasped in surprise.

Fluttershy gasped, "Is that a Dragon Talisman?"

"H-How?!" Dragon Kick asked in confusion, "How did became a checker? Why isn't it inside the Sacred Vault?"

"I think better question is why did Mr. Tao took this talisman out?" Twilight asked in concern.

Shadow Dragon hummed thoughtfully, "Good question. But why one?"

Jade looked at the rest of checkers, "Maybe it's not just one talisman…"

Looking at the checkers, everyone realized what Jade was talking about. They all teared out the plastic materials from them. All of them revealed to be 12 Magical Talismans.

"Wow. All the checkers are magical talismans! This is so awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed happily.

"Now this is an awesome gift. Go uncle," Jade cheered supportively.

"But how did he get them out?" Rarity asked.

Twilight hummed thoughtfully, "If I have to guess, Mr. Tao must have accessed the Sacred Vault to get the talismans out while replacing with the counterfeits. And why would he do this? It's because he lost faith in the Mystic Council for corruption and turning their kingdom into fascist military faction."

"Hoo-wee. Didn't expect him to pull the stunt like Rainbow Dash," Applejack commented, annoying Rainbow to exclaim 'hey'.

Nyx patted Jade's back, "You are so lucky to have a gift."

"Yeah. I owe to Granduncle Tao," Jade smiled happily.

Looking at the checkers, Shadow Dragon pondered, "What if our gifts are like Jade's?"

Mighty Heart gave some thoughts, "Shadow Dragon does have the point. We should check on ours now."

Dragon Kick nodded, "Let's do so. Uncle's gifts aren't what they appeared to be. We need to find out what's behind them."

Everyone nodded firmly in agreement. Lance looked through his deck carefully, with Rainbow and Pinkie's assistance. Both Dragon Kick and Mighty Heart read through their own books, with the help of Rarity and Applejack. Shadow Dragon and Twilight were inspecting on both scarf and dusty gauntlets. Fluttershy helped Jade and Nyx to keep the talismans inside the box as they can't afford to let anyone find out about it.

It took them awhile for everyone to inspect on Mystic Tao's gifts. They have made some shocking discovery behind them.

Lance held Mystic Tao's five magical cards, "Wow. Unbelievable. I can't believe I have my grandfather's Elemental Cards."

Mighty Heart nodded while showing his 'cooking book', "Not only you, Lance, I've just discovered that this cooking book is actually Advanced Spell Book. Sensei really did believe I'm ready for the advance level."

"You're not the only one." Dragon Kick said firmly. Holding the archaeology book, he then explained, "As it turns out, this is actually the Book of Ages. It's perfect for me to study and find out the truth behind the past. I still don't know how he did it, but I'm grateful for this gift."

"How about you, Shadow Dragon?" Applejack asked.

Looking at both his scarf and gauntlet, Shadow Dragon sighed in disappointment, "We've tried everything. We've checked it. We've tested it. Nothing happens."

Mighty Heart hummed thoughtfully, "Maybe these items take some time to react and activate by themselves?"

"Mighty Heart could be right. It might not be the right time to use them. But who knows? It might be our last resort to save the world," Dragon Kick theorized.

Shadow Dragon sighed, "I supposed so."

"Mr. Tao went through a lot of troubles to do this," Rarity remarked, "Stealing some important relics and books, faking his will, concealing the true gifts with the fake ones and even hiding them from his own allies."

"Yes. I believe it's for a good reason. And whatever the case is, we have to be prepared and counteract it." Dragon Kick said firmly. He then looked at the Book of Ages, "I believe this book can tell us why uncle did it and what kind of threat we'd be facing."

"Yeah. I agreed," Shadow Dragon said firmly.

"Well then, all this family drama and mystery make us hungry. I've prepared the dinner." Mighty Heart said calmly and firmly. Everyone groaned in disgust. He assured, "Don't worry. It's not mung bean dishes. Just my mother's special recipe of Seaweed Sushi, Dumplings and China Rice Set."

Everyone sighed in relief. Twilight asked, "Shouldn't we call Spike to come down?"

"No. Leave him be. He needs time to settle down," Dragon Kick suggested.

Twilight sighed, "I understand. Can I at least pass the food to him?"

Mighty Heart nodded in agreement. He has prepared the food tray with the bowl of gems, crispy straws and some bugs. He passed them to Twilight, who used her magic to levitate and carry them. She then climbed up all the way to the guest room. She then knocked on the door to get his attention. But no avail.

"Spike, I know you're at the door and listening. But I won't force myself in." Twilight said sadly as she placed the tray down. She continued with a sigh, "I want you to know that I'm sorry for what Shadow Dragon did to you. But you also should know better not to insult him and Mystic Tao. He is the closest pony he ever has before Dragon Strike Force and us. No matter what your decision is, we will always love you because you are still part of our family. Goodnight, Spike."

Twilight turned away and leave the guest room now, returning to her family and friends to have dinner together.

Opening the door, Spike picked up the tray of food. Before he could return to the guest room, he took a glance at the staircase. He was both surprised and touched that Twilight still consider him a family to her, despite what has happened an hour ago. He then found his shoulder angels and devils magically appeared in puffs, glaring at him.

"Way to go, jerk," Devil Spike mocked.

Angel Spike nodded, "Yeah. I hope you're happy."

"Just buzz off, will ya," Spike demanded in frustration.

Spike's shoulder angels scoffed in frustration before magically gone poof. Spike sighed firmly before entering the room to have dinner with his father now.

After the dinner; Twilight, her family and friends left Mystic Tao's New Antique Shop and returned to home now. Spike and his father remained in there for sleepover. The ponies want to give him some space and not to get another argument with him.


On the next day, Spike has woken up in the morning. He checked on his injured father, making sure he's healed and properly sleep well. He decided to leave and try to find some more food to feed him. He quietly climbed down the stairs while sneaked out of the apartment. He sighed in relief.

"Spike?" The gentle yet firm familiar female voice asked in surprise, alerting Spike.

Spike turned around, where he found Dragon Lord Ember and her general Echo Five were standing before them. They even carried a suitcase.

"Ember? Echo Five? What are you doing here?" Spike asked in surprise.

"I could ask you the same thing. I thought you were at the Castle of Friendship. And today is weekend. You know? Our date on the lake?" Ember pointed out.

Carefully recalling, Spike gasped in disbelief, "Wait! Today is already Saturday?!" He grunted while facepalmed, "Dang it! I've forgotten about it! Sorry, Ember."

"It's okay, Spike. I can wait for you to get everything ready," Ember assured her boyfriend.

As he was about to do so, he then recalled about his father in New Mystic Tao's Antique Shop. Spike sighed, "I can't, Ember. Sorry. I have to look after my dad."

"Your 'dad'?" Ember asked in disbelief and confusion.

Remembering his last conversation with Twilight and her friends, Echo Five spoke calmly, "He was talking about Sludge. Twilight told me about him being alive."

"Is that why you came with me, Uncle Echo? To talk with him?"

"Yes. I would like to have a word with him about not informing me. I am now 'angry'."

Spike huffed as he crossed his arms and grumbled, "Sludge was lucky to be alive if not for Shadow Dragon beating him to the pulp. He almost did the same thing to me. I can't believe he was such a jerk."

"Really?" Echo Five asked in disbelief yet irritated. He sighed, "Well then, I will have a word with Shadow Dragon about threatening my 'friend' first. In the meantime, why don't you take a break and enjoy the lake together with Dragon Lord? I'll look after your father."

"Really? You sure?" Spike asked.

Echo Five nodded firmly as he lied, "Don't worry. I won't let 'anything bad' happen to him. After all, he and I are friends."

Knowing Echo Five was not only an original member of Drake Trio, he is also a friend to both Torch and his father. He should trust him to look after Sludge.

"Sure. Thanks, Echo Five." Spike thanked.

Echo Five nodded, "No problem. Go get your stuffs ready."

Spike nodded in agreement as he and Ember flew straight to the Castle of Friendship for packing up the beach accessories. Echo Five followed them from behind as he wanted to have a word with the ponies about attacking Sludge without him.


As soon as Spike gathered and packed up his beach accessories, he and Ember headed off to the lake. Echo Five went straight to the council chamber, where Mane Six, Dragon Strike Force, Lance, Nyx, Starlight, Sunset and even Shadow Dragon's family were gathered and discussed about Mystic Tao's gifts. The General of Dragon Land stormed into the council chamber as he is now confronting them now.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Echo Five exclaimed furiously, alerting everyone to turn to him. He chastised, "I told you before to keep him entertained till my arrival, not attacking him!"

Everyone hissed in concern and embarrassed about the situation. Shadow Dragon firmly faced Echo Five as he explained, "You honestly think we would let him do whatever he pleased? Look at the castle! It's completely a mess. And not to mention, Spike cost a lot of our bits to buy stuffs and foods for his so-called father. And not to mention, Sludge lied and screw Spike up to choose that fat ass dragon over his real family. I won't let him get away with this."

"Honestly." Echo Five said in disbelief. He sighed, "I supposed it cannot be helped when he was making a mockery on you."

"You have no idea."

"But still, that doesn't excuse of what you have done to Spike. You should apologize to him"

Shadow Dragon sighed in frustration, "Yes, I know. I will do that when he's done with Sludge."

"Actually, he's with Ember now for a date." Echo Five corrected.

Shadow Dragon was annoyed, "Alright. When he's back from the date, then I will apologize to him."

"Why don't you do it now instead of waiting?"

"Why are you even bothering me with this?! Can't you just leave it alone?"

"I could, but I won't."

"What's that supposed to be mean?"

"Unlike Sludge; you all have been there for him. Raise him. Care him. And help him when he needed the most. You all are his true family. So, that is why I suggest you should apologize to him now and admit your mistakes."

Shadow Dragon sighed, "Yeah. I know that. I was gonna apologize to him after his errands for Sludge. But you make a good point. I should do it."

Echo Five nodded, "Good. After that, then we bring Spike to Sludge. We're going to expose this fraud for good."

"Yes. You did mention of your plans before. Hopefully, he's willing to listen to us," Twilight said firmly.

Echo Five gave the confident smirk, "He will."


Arriving at the Ponyville Lake, Spike and Ember set up their beach picnic, which includes picnic mat, two beach chairs, two umbrellas, sunblock lotion, sunglasses, picnic basket that has some bugs and crystals in jar, cookie jar and punch juice. While Spike worn a crimson-colored swimming trunk, Ember worn purple-colored bikini. Both of them were sitting down on their chairs as they happily enjoyed their lunch and drinks while chatting about what they have been doing from last week including the purple dragon's joke, which the blue-colored dragoness laughed at.

Ember giggled, "Seriously? Your friend Boomer got stuck inside the tree for whole afternoon. All because he was trying to get a rare golden beetle?"

"Yup." Spike confirmed playfully with chuckles, "When it comes to some rare bugs, he's gonna get them no matter what."

"Yeah, I can see that." Ember stifled a giggle. She sighed, "So, how's your training now? I hope Echo Five's tips could improve your skill."

Spread and flapped his wings a bit, Spike smirked, "Yeah. His tips about flying, dragon flame and nature power did help me out a lot. He even taught me some fighting skills. I owe him a lot."

Ember nodded, "Yeah. Echo Five is the best teacher and hero you can count on. You could say he's like a second dad to me whenever my dad is busy with his Dragon Lord duty."

"I see." Spike nodded understandingly yet sadly, thinking about what he has said to Shadow Dragon since he was like a second father to him too.

Noticed Spike's tone, Ember asked, "You okay, Spike?"

Spike shook his head to snap out from yesterday incident. He assured, "Yeah, I am. How about some swimming lesson? You did say you need some little tricks with it."

Though suspicious that Spike wasn't alright, Ember went along, "Yeah, sure. I could use some swimming." Blushing in red, Ember made some action pose while showed off her bikini, "So, what'd you think about my swimsuit? Look attractive for you?"

Spike also blushed in red and gawked in surprise to look at her body, "Uh… Y-Yeah… Good looking on ya… I like it…"

Feeling embarrassed, Ember nervously rubbed on left shoulder, "Yeah. Thanks. A perfect match for your muscle, right?"

Spike chuckled a bit, "Yeah. C'mon. It's time for swimming."

Spike helped pick Ember to get up. While holding her claw, the teenage dragon dragged his dragoness girlfriend to the lake. They both jumped and performed a cannonball into pond. Just as they resurfaced, both of them were wet. Ember was a bit of annoyed with getting wet, she laughed it off to enjoy her date with her boyfriend.

Spike began training Ember with some swimming tricks, holding breathe under water and even using their wings to dive through the pond. Not only the training, they both were having fun by splashing water, swimming competitively, holding breathe inside the pond, scuba diving to help her overcome her weakness and even perform some diving into pond. Nearly an hour of having fun, both Spike and Ember calmed themselves while floating on the pond. They moved closer to each other. As the purple dragon held her close to his body, the blue dragoness placed her hands over his shoulder to hold on. They then both gave each other a warm yet passionate kiss.

While their bodies were interacting, Spike and Ember departed from kissing as they were busy looking at each other with blush of redness.

"Wow. That was something. Who knew that being in the water could be so chilling," Ember admitted with blush. She grumbled in embarrassment, "Aw man! This is quite embarrassing! Dragons don't do swimming! I mean I'm both Fire and Storm-type. But still, this is so embarrassing and unbearable!"

Spike gave a peck on his girlfriend's cheek and assured, "Hey, calm down, Ember. No need to work up like that. In fact, you should be proud that you can swim."

Ember blushed a bit, "Aw thanks, Spike. You're the best." She then grumbled, "I cannot believe I just say that to little dragon."

"Hey!"

"Just kidding. I know you're at my age. Just want to help you loosen up from being tense."

"Tense? Uh. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Spike, c'mon. You can't fool your girlfriend so easily. Did you think I didn't notice something off with your tone?"

Surprised that Ember paid attention of his situation, Spike remarked, "Wow. Didn't think you notice it."

"C'mon, Spike. Tell me what's wrong. I want to ease your tense," Ember pleaded gently. Spike was hesitated. She gave annoyed glares, "Spike, don't make me punch your face again. You know I can get angry if you give me an honest truth."

Spike sighed in annoyance, "Fine. I'll talk." He took a deep breathe and explained, "I have an argument with my family, mostly Shadow Dragon and Twilight, because they all didn't like my dad. They think his teaching methods are lousy and not good for me. So, I kinda have a fight with them until he beat me to the pulp."

"You have a fight over your 'dead' father?"

"He wasn't dead. Turns out that he was alive. He's been searching and looking for me. And yeah, he goes by the name of Sludge now. You know to avoid getting caught by Demon Lords. And he didn't come to Echo Five and Torch because he was worried that he'd put them in danger."

Ember was deeply shocked and disbelief by Spike's explanation. She asked, "You're kidding, right?"

Spike remained firm and serious, "I wasn't."

"Spike. Your parents were assassinated after the Demon War. There is no way they couldn't have survived."

"You wouldn't know that. You weren't there."

"You're right. I wasn't born on that time. But my dad and Echo Five were. They found their bodies. They buried them in the Dragon Land's Graveyard."

Spike was shocked and confused, "B-But that can't be right. It can't be. Sludge said…"

"What did he teach you?" Ember interrupted Spike's confusion.

Spike explained, "Lots of stuffs like sleeping outside, lay around doing nothing, dirtying myself and more. Of course, I've helped bringing him pony stuff so he can show me what a dragon would do with it."

Completely stunned and dumbfounded, Ember asked softly with the hint of angry, "So let me get this straight, Spike. This so-called 'father' of yours helped taught you everything of what it means to be a dragon. In opposite? To learn more about it, you have to bring all pony stuffs and food for him, serve him and even let him treat you like a slave than a real father to you." Her tone became more raging fury, which is scaring Spike. "And the worse of all, you ignored your family's warning. When they wouldn't stop it, you just told them off and even picked a fight with them?"

While still intimidated by her tone of rage, Spike answered nervously yet confused, "Uh, yes?" Ember growled in anger as her whole body slowly boiling up in red. He gulped, "Uh-oh…"

Ember yelled as she grabbed and pushed Spike's head into the water while ranting out loud about how could her boyfriend being an idiot for choosing a stranger over the family. He struggled trying to get out while trying to hold his breath. After the moment, she loosens up her hold, allowing her boyfriend to get up and breath hyperventilating before calming himself down.

"What the heck, Ember?!" Spike demanded in shock.

"No! What the hell were you thinking, Spike?!" Ember snapped angrily at Spike, "How could you say that to them?! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Spike groaned in frustration, "Why is everypony against with me?! All I did is spend time with my father! What is wrong with that?!"

"Better question is your dad really spending time with you or using you like a slave?" Ember pointed out sternly. She snorted with smoke coming out from her nozzle, "Spike, the dragons are rude and rebellious, but they aren't lazy lumps like Sludge who take advantage of their kids. From what you've told me, he doesn't sound like Spiketail I admire and respect when I was kid. He was the bravest warrior the dragons ever have. Heck, my dad talked about him being a best rival to him over the fight."

"Really? I didn't know it…"

"Yeah. The way I see is that you just threw your real parents away and fell for the fake."

Spike was shocked of what has happened, "But-! I-! I... I..."

"Think about it." Ember said sternly. She sighed, "I'm getting out of the water."

Ember turned and swam towards the shore. Spike was completely devastated and hurt. He couldn't believe that he has fallen for an imposter because of wanting to bond with his father who he thought was alive. The result of his action – turned and hurt his own family while serving Sludge like a slave. And now the damage is done. He doubts any of them especially his adopted mother/sister Twilight Sparkle would forgive him.

As Ember almost reach to the shore, she felt something hold a grip on her leg. Before she could do anything, she yelped upon being pulled down into the lake. This alerted Spike swam towards the location, shouting for her name while searching for her.

"EMBER! EMBER!" Spike cried in fear and hurt tone, "Where are you?! Shout for me!"

A familiar sinister voice spoke, "Behind you, handsome."

Spike turned back. He gasped in concern, finding Ember trapped inside the magical bubble, filled with water. Mei Kai was using her Water Magic to hold her prisoner. The Dragon Lord grunted and struggled to hold her breathe in it.

"Looking for your maiden?" Mei Kai asked amusingly.

Spike angrily roared out loud while unleashing his Dragon Flame at the sky, "Let her go! NOW!"

"Then, make us, little punk!" Another familiar jerk voice shouted.

Before Spike could react, Drago, coming out of nowhere, pounced and slammed him against the surface of sand. Both dragons launched couple of punches at each other's faces while rolling across the sand. They came across to the large steep rock, where Drago slammed Spike against its wall. The demon teenager unleashed his Dragon Flames on the purple-colored teenage dragon, who grunted in pain while bracing himself against its heat. While he's holding himself against the flames, he discreetly yet secretly dropped couple of seeds down into sands. The seeds swiftly grown into couple of vines to attack him, prompting him to use his left hand to fend them off.

Seeing Drago was distracted to deal with vines, Spike unleashed his Dragon Flame at him, driving him back. He quickly took the opportunity to launch some punches at him. He then magically controls his vines to coil and wrap around his nemesis by limbs, hands, legs, tail and even neck. He clenched his fists, tightening the vines' grip on him and even strangling him.

"D-Damn it!" Drago cursed in anger yet pained.

Having Drago as his hostage now, Spike turned and confronted Mei Kai. He demanded firmly yet fiercely, "LET HER GO NOW!"

"Or else what, little boy?" Mei Kai asked amusingly yet calmly.

"I'll crush him!" Spike snapped in anger while clenched his fists, which made his vine strangling Drago. The demon dragon's face slowly turned into blue. He snarled, "I'm not kidding! I'm willing to do it!"

Mei Kai scoffed, "Well, then. I can do worse. After all, dragons don't swim especially the fire-type like her."

"Don't tempt me!" Spike threatened.

"I wasn't, little boy." Mei Kai disagreed calmly yet sinisterly.

Using her demonic magic of Water, Mei Kai blasted to overflow the Water Bubbles. Water slowly filling up the space, the frightened Dragon Lord panicked and breathed hyperventilating to realized she's now trapped and dead. Just as the bubble is filled up, Ember now has to hold her breath as long as she can. She doesn't know how long she can stand.

"No!" Spike exclaimed in concern, "She can't breathe too long!"

"What's gonna be, son of Spiketail?" Mei Kai asked in mocking tone. She narrowed her seductive eyes into fierce yet sinister eyes, "Coz if you kill my perfect mating partner, I will kill her. An eye for an eye as they say."

Though he has Drago as his hostage, Spike only wanted to bluff and threaten Mei Kai to release his girlfriend. But hearing what she has said, he realized hisplan backfire if he continues with it. Leaving no other choices, he reluctantly used his telepathic mind to command his vines release Drago from the restrains.

Seeing Spike has released Drago, Mei Kai smirked sinisterly to deactivate and popped her Water Bubbles, freeing and dropping Ember down. He rushed towards Ember. Just as he was checking on her, she coughed out loud yet heavily while spitting some water out. He then held and hugged her close to him.

"I'm sorry, Ember," Spike apologized.

Ember coughed a bit before softly reassured him, "No. I'm sorry… For letting my guard down because of one silly fight. Sorry…"

Spike smiled sadly, "I know. I'm glad you're alright."

Slithering towards her lover, Mei kai coiled her long mermaid tail-like around his body before leaned against him. He grabbed and held her by waist. She teasingly asked, "You okay, my love?"

Drago coughed a bit, "Yeah. I'm alright. I almost thought you let him killed me."

"So sorry, Drago. But we both know Spike's biggest weakness – love for family, friend and even pathetic love," Mei Kai smiled sinisterly. She giggled amusingly, "Hope you don't take it too personal."

Drago scoffed, "Well, you owe me a month for sleeping together."

Mei Kai smirked, "How about a year?"

"Ha! Better! Deal!" Drago exclaimed happily.

Ember groaned in disgust, "Okay. That is so wrong in many ways. I thought they're cousins."

Spike sighed, "I've asked myself the same question too many times. But hey, they're demons. They don't care what everyone thinks."

"Well, you know what I'd think? No way we can lose to them," Ember said confidently with a bit of anger. She got up and got herself in fighting position, "I'm gonna make that bitch sorry for dumping me in the water for too long!"

"Careful, Ember. They shouldn't be mess with," Spike warned.

Ember scoffed, "They and what army?"

Suddenly, the army of Shadow Ninjas and Shadow Squids magically emerged from the shadows. They all surrounded both Spike and Ember while armed themselves for a fight.

Ember gawked in disbelief and shock, "Seriously?!"

"I told you so," Spike dryly stated.

"Well, well, it seems the son of Spiketail understood his enemy's capabilities and numbers," A familiar sinister voice said amusingly, alarming both Spike and Ember. Both dragons felt the ground shaking, found the water puddling and even spotted bird flying in panic. They then found a fierce familiar figure stood before them. They both gulped in concern. He snarled at them, "Unfortunately for you, you've always come unprepared for the outcome."

"S-Shendu!" Spike exclaimed in concern and fear.

"T-That's Shendu?!" Ember stuttered in fear. She gulped, "I heard stories about him. But to see and face him? Yikes. We're definitely in troubles."

After both he and Mei Kai departed from each other, Drago smirked amusingly, "What's the matter? Out of steam? Good we can finish this for good."

Shendu chuckled, "Agreed. Your time has come. Prepare to die!"

"I'm going to enjoy this…" Mei Kai mocked amusingly.

Just as Shendu and the Demon Successors were about to approach and finish them off, couple of Shadow Ninjas and Squids got blasted by both magic and elemental powers. This alerted them to look back, where they found the rest of Spike's family and friends have arrived on the battlefield.

"Think again," Shadow Dragon said sternly. Everyone armed themselves for the fight. He provoked, "You want a fight? You got it!"

"Leave Spike alone, you monsters!" twilight demanded sternly.

"Oh? Is that so? Why come for him after what he has done to you?" Shendu questioned amusingly, which made everyone suspicious and concern of how he knew about the fight. He explained, "Yes. I am well-aware of 'family drama'. It is quite dastardly gratifying to see you all fall apart because Spike actually fall for some nobody."

"Hey! Watch it! Nopony or demons make fun of my dad!" Spike exclaimed of being offended.

Drago chuckled, "Wow. You really are a bigger fool than I thought. Pop quiz: If that 'daddy' of yours really is toughest and bravest dragon, so why isn't he here? Or better yet, why didn't he come with them?" Just as Spike tried to think and answer, he interrupted, "Answer – your real daddy is dead with his wife. That fatass is a real fake. Taking advantage of your good-hearted nature like a sucker. These ponies knew it."

Shocked and heartbroken of what Drago has said, Spike turned and looked at his family and friends, "Y-You actually knew it?"

Twilight looked down in shame, "I'm sorry, Spike. We really tried. No. I should have tried harder to tell you the truth."

"Maybe I should have come here sooner," Echo Five admitted his fault as well.

"But that doesn't matter now," Shadow Dragon said firmly. He glared at Shendu, "Let's take care of these troublemakers first."

Shendu was astounding of it as he questioned, "So, you're willing to help this fool? Why?"

Shadow Dragon scoffed, "You wouldn't understand this because you don't know about love and bond."

"That's right. Spike is our family. And we won't go down without the fight!" Twilight said determinedly.

"Guys…" Spike said in touching tone.

Drago gave disgust look, "Did I mention that I hate mushy stuffs like you losers?"

"Well, it's gonna be worse than mushy stuff, demon boy. Coz you're all going down. Guess what the hell time is?" Echo Five asked firmly yet confidently. He took out and armed with his White Tiger Saber, "It's Morphin Time!"

Everyone was confused and surprised by his claim. Rainbow asked, "Don't you mean 'Fightin Time'?"

"No! He said it right. Hit it!" Pinkie cheered!

(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2023 Version Theme Song)

Mane Six and the rest of their allies charged and engaged a fierce battle with Shendu, Drago, Mei Kai and their Shadow Army.

Rainbow used her speed power to ram couple of Shadow Ninjas. Applejack used her strength to punch and knock Shadow Squids off. Rarity used her Diamond Barrier to block and deflect Shadow Ninjas' shurikens and Shadow Squid's Ink, allowing Shorty, Pinkie and Tailtech to fire their firing weapons at them. Terrorcreep swiftly and quickly swung his Thunder Axes at them while Fluttershy protected her husband with the help of Animal Ruby's power. Skating around her enemies, Icy used her Frozen Shards and Icing Skated Blades to defeat them. Using her Tiger Claws in Tsunami Mode, Aqua struck the Shadow Squids down one-by-one, along with Blazefist and Saber Dragoon fending off the Shadow Ninjas. Laxtinct and Mighty Heart teamed up to use strength and might to knock couple of Shadow Army down. Starlight and Sunset covered each other by firing their Unicorn Burst and using their weapons for melee combats against them. Lance was swinging his Twin Dual Blades against Mei Kai, but she was slippery and quick for him. Nyx and Jade helped by firing their Unicorn Burst at her for distraction, which helped him to fend her off.

Spike and Ember engaged a fierce fist fight with Drago, who aggressively blocked the attacks while swiftly struck back at them with his punches and kicks for couple of times. While he was busy with them, Twilight fired her Unicorn Burst at him. He barely dodged the blasts while fending off two dragons, who barely hit him. He's unable to keep with them. He quickly moved back to unleash his Dragon Flames at them. Twilight summoned her Barrier to block the attacks, allowing Spike and Ember to charge and attack him. The demonic teenage dragon barely blocked and deflected couple of fists before jumped and swung his tail to knock them off. Just as he was about to finish hem off, Twilight fired her Unicorn Bursts at him. He barely dodged and evaded them before charged straight at her. He grabbed her by neck before strangling tightly. Ember dashed in and tried to rescue her. He then used Twilight as shield to make the Dragon Lord back off, which allowed him to fiercely attack her. This forced her to enter defensive. Spike, readying and throwing his seeds to the sand, summoning the vines to attack him on back. This allowed Ember to dash in and rescue Twilight before struck a punch at his face. The princess quickly fired her powerful Sparkling Star Burst to blow him off. Three of them engaged another fierce fight with him.

And at the same time; Shadow Dragon, Dragon Kick and Echo Five were fending off Shendu. The Demon Lord of Fire unleashed his Demonic Dragon Flames and Combustion at three of them. They all barely dodged the attacks. Echo Five and Dragon Kick, moving from both sides, jumped high and struck a kick at his face to the ground. Before they could do anything, they were being magically levitated by Shendu. He thrown them into the lake. While he was busy drowning them, Shadow Dragon climbed to the top, where he stabbed his Dragoon Darkness Sword on his head. The demonic dragon yelled in pain as he tried to grab him. This allowed both Dragon Kick and Echo Five to get out from the lake. They were panting and breathing heavily as they were recovering from being drown. Shendu managed to grab Shadow Dragon before slammed him to the ground with his pure strength. He was about to stomp on him if not for Echo Five struck on his eye, prompting to yell in pain. As he was backing off, this allowed Dragon Kick to help Shadow Dragon to get out.

As Echo Five tried to pull his right eye out, Shendu used his Heat-Beam Eye to fire him off. This allowed him to heal his wound at the moment. Shadow Dragon and Dragon Kick tried to attack him from behind. To their shock and concern, he disappeared at once. They both kept their guards up and keeping an eye on their enemy. Unfortunately for both of them, they got punched and kicked by unforeseen forces especially it was in high speed. They both dropped to the ground. Just as Shendu reappeared, he was about to unleash his Demon Dragon Flames and Combustion to finish them. Echo Five flew in front of his mouth to fire a small spit of blazing fire into his mouth, causing an explosion. The Demon Lord of Fire coughed heavily to feel sudden pain and burn in his mouth. As he was using both Immortality and Healing Powers to heal his wounds, Shadow Dragon summoned and fired his powerful Darkness Oblivion Beam to cut off his head. This prompted the headless body to fall on his back.

"Wow. That was overkill," Echo Five remarked in surprise.

Shadow Dragon panted, "Well, we didn't bring the Talisman Extraction Potion, so cutting his head should slow him down from healing. Or at least, finally killing him."

Suddenly, the corpse body made a cracking sound, alarming three heroes. They then found the corpse slowly get up from the ground as his missing head is slowly formed from the skeletal head to flesh and blood and eventually to his completely regenerated head of Shendu. This shocked and alarmed them.

Shendu growled, "That was quite unpleasant."

"The hell?!" Shadow Dragon asked in shock.

"I have a bad feeling about this…" Dragon Kick admitted in fear.

"Grr… You will regret to think that severing my head would stop me!" Shendu exclaimed in fury. He roared in anger, "BURN IN HELL, INFIDELS!"

Shendu unleashed his full fury of Demonic Dragon Flames and Combustion on three heroes. They all barely dodged the attack. Using his Rabbit and Ox Talisman, Shendu fiercely attacked them without giving them a room to rest and recover. He then levitated and slammed them against some steep rocks, water and sand. He then blasted his Heat-Bean Eyes on them. Three of them fell dropped on the ground hard. Using his invisibility power, he sneaked and defeated the rest of their friends to the ground.

As Mane Six and their allies grunted in pain while trying to get up, they suddenly felt a sudden pain in their bodies like ripping something out from them. And to their shock and fear, they found couple of transpired souls slowly emerged out from their bodies. Drago and Mei Kai were deeply shocked to see it.

"Wow. Didn't think you could pull of that, old man," Drago said in shock yet astounding tone.

"There are many ways to use the talismans, boy. Even though they're just the copies, they are still useful to me. By combining Tiger Talisman with Levitation and Astral Projection, I can strip their souls out from their bodies!" Shendu exclaimed with pride yet arrogance. He laughed sinisterly, "Now, this is where it ends! The end of Spiketail's legacy!"

Everyone yelled and screamed in pain as they can feel their souls are being ripped out from their bodies. None of them is unable to do anything. Shadow Dragon grunted before screamed in pain and agony. Before anyone knows it, a purple-colored scarf he was wearing raised and thrust straight through the chest of Shendu. Everyone was shocked of what they saw.

"WHAT?!" Shendu exclaimed in disbelief and confusion. The scarf retracted and revealed the hold of Rat Talisman. He gave the annoyed looks, "Now I really hate this useless talisman."

Within the second, Shendu transformed back into his imprisoned statue, which fell and slammed on Drago and Mei Kai to the ground. Shadow Ninjas and Shadow Squids disappeared when their masters gone unconscious. Without his control of the Talismans, the souls returned to them at once. Mane Six and their allies panted heavily and slowly recovered from the sudden attack.

"Everyone, alright?" Echo Five asked. Everyone muttered in pain yet agony. He asked, "What the heck just happen?"

Lance found Shadow Dragon's purple scarf was holding the Rat Talisman. He stated, "That scarf?"

"A Magic Scarf?" Jade asked in surprise.

"How? How did it come alive?" Nyx asked in confusion.

Giving some deep thoughts, Mighty Heart gasped, "Of course. Sensei has split bit of his soul into his favorite scarf, bringing it come to life and serving as Shadow Dragon's protector and guardian to the children. It follows on Sensei's will and desire – protecting his family from danger."

Shadow Dragon was surprised and touched as he looked at his magic scarf. He sadly yet happy to state, "Thank you, father. For being there for the family."

"Yes. We should be thankful of that too. He would be proud of us for being together," Dragon Kick remarked. The magic scarf gave a dope slap on his head. He rubbed his head, "OW! Unbelievable. It still gives a dope slap on forehead?"

"I think it's angry with you for being a jerk to Uncle Shadow," Jade teased.

Mighty Heart nodded, "She does have the point."

"Really?" Dragon Kick asked in disbelief. Magic scarf gave another dope slap on his forehead. He scolded, "Ow! Really?!"

Noticing Drago was lifting the statue up, Rainbow shouted, "Watch out!"

Just before anyone could react, Mei Kai launched her Dragon Tsunami to knock Mane Six and their friends off. She slithered towards them to get the Rat Talisman before returned to her group.

Drago growled, "Dad, if this ever happened again, I'm gonna dump you into the depths of ocean! And also taking talismans with me! Forever!"

His imprisoned statue heated up in red, burning Drago's hands to drop. Shendu hissed, "One more insult again, boy, then I'll rip you apart!"

Drago growled at Shendu, "How about I break you apart?!"

"Can we get out of here now?!" Mei Kai exclaimed in frustration.

Shendu magically summoned his Teleportation Portal at the bottom. Three of them fell into it, escaping the enemies. Everyone sighed in relief that they have survived the worst.

Spike turned and looked at Twilight and the rest of her family. Before they could say anything, he approached and gave Twilight a warm hug, surprising and touching her to hug back. Lance, Nyx and Shadow Dragon join the hug as well. Almost everyone was touched by the scene especially Rarity and Pinkie, who cried in tears of joy. Ember made an awe of happiness, which Echo Five smile at.

Just as they all departed, Spike apologized, "I'm sorry for being a jerk to you guys. You really are the family I could count on."

Twilight smiled warmly, "It's alright. I'm just glad you're alright and safe from danger."

Dragon Kick nudged Shadow Dragon, who sighed and apologized, "And I'm also sorry for attacking you. That was too far for me."

"I should be sorry too. For talking bad about Mystic Tao," Spike added in shame, "That was low for me."

"So, friends and family?" Shadow Dragon asked.

Spike nodded, "Friends and family."

"Glad that's over. So, what do we do with the faker now?" Lance asked.

Nyx nodded with a sly smirk, "Yeah. The moment we come and confront him about this, he is so busted."

Ember gave some thoughts before smirked slyly, "I might have a better idea." She giggled amusingly, "And trust me. He's gonna love this 'punishment'. It's quite 'merciful' and 'easygoing'."


After confronting Sludge for pretending to be Spike's father and messing the family, Dragon Lord Ember and Echo Five gave him a 'merciful' and 'easygoing' punishment.

At the Dragon Land's largest pit, Sludge grunted and grumbled in frustration as he was carrying and moving the wagon. It was filled with couple of molten lava rocks to throw out into the ocean. He was now covered in dirt, bruises and sweats. He wiped the sweats off.

"Who said you're done with cleaning?! Keep working now!" A familiar loud dragon demanded, scaring Sludge. The fat dragon turned and found former Dragon Lord Torch snarl at him. Sludge panicked. He continued, "Don't think you're out of the punishment yet, you lazy slug. The nerve of you pretending to be my closest best friend Spiketail and taking advantage of my daughter's boyfriend to serve your wimps. If I was still the Dragon Lord, I would have incinerated you to ashes! Be glad that Dragon Lord Ember shown you mercy."

Sludge grumbled, "Mercy to my ass."

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Torch yelled in anger, scaring Sludge. He screamed, "GET BACK TO WORK, YOU LOUSY, STINKING SLUG!"

Sludge panicked, "Yes sir!"

Sludge went back into the pit as he continued the work. Torch was glaring and snarling at him, making sure he's on the job. Mane Six and the rest of their friends watched the event from far. They all smiled amusingly and happy to see Sludge getting his comeuppance.

Rainbow laughed, "Wow. That was quite 'merciful' and 'easygoing'."

Applejack nodded, "You've said it, Dash. Hard work to pay his crime is best punishment for him."

"I would have killed him. But after learning how you ponies deal with troublemakers with strict punishment or life sentence, I decide to give him a laborer job." Ember admitted casually. Everyone looked at her. She smiled, "Yes, everypony. I do read books. How else do you think I'm improved the Dragon Land culture?"

Echo Five chuckled, "It's work-in-progress. The Dragon Land will be in a better cultured land and friendship with the alliance."

"Wow. Color me impressed," Twilight remarked in amazement.

"You know what they say. Karma bites that jerk," Jade remarked amusingly.

"And of course, serves him right for messing with the wrong family," Nyx added as she and Jade gave each other a hoof-bump.

"So, you guys are going back home for family bonding?" Ember asked.

Looking at his family and friends, who smiled warmly, Spike smiled, "Yeah. Definitely." He then extended his claws before Ember, "But would like you and Echo Five to join us. You okay with this?"

Everyone including Angel and Devil Spikes, who magically appeared, awed amusingly about Spike asking Ember to join the family dinner.

Ember smiled warmly, "I would definitely like to. Get to know your family."

"Count on me." Echo Five agreed.

"Good. We should get back to an important topic. There's something we're very concern with." Dragon Kick said seriously. While showing the Book of Ages, he continued, "Uncle prepared and hidden these important gifts for a reason. That is to prepare us for the possible cataclysm we might be facing."

"Which is what exactly?" Twilight asked in concern.

Mighty Heart shown his grimace looks, "Ragnarök…"

Almost everyone including Dragon Strike Force shown their concerns and disturbed looks of what Mighty Heart has said. This is concerning for them…

(Tribute to Jason David Frank

Green. White. Red. Black. A Fighter. A Warrior. A Hero. A Mentor.

He was Once a Power Ranger, Always a Power Ranger.

Tribute to Robbie Coltrane,

A Half-Giant Wizard, who has kindness and good heart,

And never judge the creatures' appearance and behavior.)

END…

Review and Suggest…

Main Casts

Erik Kimerer: Spike

Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle

Matt Lanter: Shadow Dragon

Jesse McCartney: Lance Justicestrike

Kira Tozer: Nyx

Dave Pettitt: Sludge

Jason David Frank (Posthumously): Echo Five

Minor Casts:

Ashleigh Balls: Applejack, Rainbow Dash

Andrea Libman: Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie

Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity

Cathy Weseluck: Angel Spike, Devil Spike

Jackie Chan: Dragon Kick

Cherami Leigh: Jade Adventure

Noah Nelson: Mighty Heart

Ali Milner: Ember

Christy Carlson Romano: Aquastroke

Sam Riegel: Shorty Thinking

James Sie: Shendu

Michael Rosenbaum: Drago

Hynden Walch: Mei Kai

Cameo:

Sab Shimono: Mystic Tao

Sean Schemmel: Nezha Vengito

C.C.H. Pounder: Firmtact Waller

Stephen Stanton: Tarkin

Matt Cowlrick: Torch

Ashley Eckstein: Arcee

Robbie Coltrane (Posthumously): Hugbear