• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 2,223 Views, 37 Comments

My Little Pony Mystic Season 4 - Shadow Master



Mane Six and Dragon Strike Force must spread their Magic of Friendship to the world via opening and teaching them at School of Friendship.

  • ...
0
 37
 2,223

Episode 10: The Zebra Shaman

After finding out that they've been send to Zebrat – home of the zebras and Zecora as well; Lance and Shiroi are now seeking out the Zebra Shaman for her assistance and guidance for their Friendship Mission. They're now travelling through the Everfree Forest's Dark Woods.

"Can you believe it, Lance?" Shiroi asked excitedly and happily, "Me? Being summoned by Cutie Map to solve Friendship Problem? Who would have thought that this would happen?"

Lance laughed amusingly, "Well, no one for sure, Shiroi. I'm just glad that we're on this together."

"Yeah. I'm happy for it. But do you really think that Cutie Map chose the right pony? I mean I'm not exactly a normal unicorn."

"Hey, just because you got Demon Magic doesn't mean you're a monster. Besides, you helped us a lot. So, the Cutie Map thinks you're the right pony for this job. Just like others too."

"You really think so?" Shiroi asked hopefully.

Lance gave a confident smile and wink at her, "I'm sure, Shiroi. No worries. You've got me to keep you safe. Plus, we're still on date."

Shiroi giggled a bit, "Yeah, not how we planned. Let's find Zecora and ask for her help."

Lance saluted playfully, "Aye, aye, commander."

After walking through the dark woods, Lance and Shiroi have arrived at the Shaman Hut. They knocked the door gently. They then heard the Zebra Shaman called them to come in. They did. They found the shaman was busy mixing and stirring the potion within the cauldron.

"Hey, Zecora/Good Morning, Zecora," Lance and Shiroi greeted in unison.

Zecora smiled as she rhymed to greet her friends, "Why, hello to you, my friends. How may I be humble to assist you now?"

"Well, we're hoping that you can help us for our Friendship Problem." Lance said casually.

"Oh? I am surprised that you seek my advice for your Friendship Problem." Zecora rhymed in surprise tone, "Normally, your stepmother and her friends never require my assistance and advice before."

Shiroi nodded understandingly, "Well, let's just the place we're going need your expertise."

"I see…" Zecora nodded in understanding, "So, where is this place that Cutie Map has sent you both to?"

Lance smiled, "Yeah. We're going to Zebrat from Farasi. Your old home! Get it?"

"Going to where?!" Zecora shouted in shock and disbelief, scaring Lance and Shiroi. She groaned angrily as she unintentionally kicked and thrown off her cauldron, "Absolutely not! I shall not return to that place! Never again!"

Zecora then looked at her cauldron. She groaned in frustration. While searching some potions from the shelf, she muttered and grumbled angrily about Zebrat. Lance and Shiroi were in shock and surprise by the shaman's reaction.

"Uh… Did I miss something?" Lance asked in confusion.

Shiroi shrugged, "No idea. But we can't leave without her. She knows her home better than us. Plus, we don't know any zebra friends at Zebrat."

"Yeah," Lance nodded in agreement. He and his girlfriend approached to Zecora. He spoke, "Come on, Zecora. We really need your help for this Friendship Problem."

"I've given my answer. Do not make me repeat this in anger," Zecora rhymed angrily yet firmly. After gathering the potions and ingredients, she approached to her cauldron, beginning to put them in. She continued, "I will not go with you to return to my homeland, even if it is your first Friendship Problem to solve."

"Zecora, please." Shiroi insisted, "From what Twilight and her friends have told us, you were always there to help them out with the problems they faced. You'd never let them down."

Lance nodded in agreement, "Look, Zecora, I don't know what happened or why you never want to go home. But we seriously need your help now. We need you to guide us there."

"Zebrat was your home and you know it better than us." Shiroi pleaded, "Please help us. We promised not to ask your what's your problem with homeland."

After hearing and looking at Lance and Shiroi, Zecora gave some thoughts before sighed, "Very well. I shall help you, my friends. Do not question of my past. It is something I do not like to talk about."

Lance and Shiroi nodded, "Sure."

"When do we leave?" Zecora asked calmly.

"Now," Lance answered casually.


Lance, Shiroi and Zecora have packed some necessary items for their trip to Zebrat, Farasi. They quickly boarded on the cruise ship before it sailed off to the homeland of zebras. Unknown to them, they were being followed by five figures, who seemed to be interesting with the Friendship Problem. Still hiding from them, they also distant away from them as these five mysterious figures do not want to get into trouble with Lance and his team.

The travelling took Lance and his friends three days to reach and arrive at Zebrat, Farasi. They are now on at the cruiser's edge. They're now looking at the metropolitan modern city with unique and different kind of designs and style, surrounded and covered by tropical forest and small residential huts. Both Lance and Shiroi awed in amazement while looking at the new place.

Wow... This is very beautiful. You have an amazing home, Zecora." Shiroi complimented warmly.

Lance nodded in agreement, "Yeah. It doesn't seem so bad, though I thought your home would be old and traditional kind."

"Lance!" Shiroi scolded Lance while nudging her boyfriend's shoulder.

Zecora sighed while shaking her head. She was looking at her former homeland, "There is a lot of things you have yet to understand me. I have my own reason to leave this place..."

After hearing Zebra Shaman's lament, Shiroi and Lance couldn't help but feel pity and concern for her.

Shiroi hummed in concern, "She has a lot of issues about this place."

"I know what you mean, Shiroi." Lance agreed. He then gave some thoughts about Friendship Problem and Zecora. He continued, "But I have the feeling that she and her home are the Friendship Problem."

Suddenly, Lance detected someone's contacting him via Mental Link. He then responded to the call now.

"Yeah?" Lance called curiously.

"Lance, it's your dad. Hope I haven't interrupted your mission." Shadow Dragon's voice responded.

"Nope. We just arrived. So, what's up? You need anything?"

"Yeah. I was hoping that you've spotted them." Shadow Dragon's asked in concern that surprise Lance. He continued, "We just found out that eight students went missing. Starlight and Sunburst found three on their side. Did you see the rest of them?"

Just before Lance could answer, he and his friends heard a loud thudded noise. They all turned and looked behind as they spotted some movement behind the crates and barrels.

"I might have the idea. I'll take care of them," Lance said firmly and calmly. He and his friends approached to the crates and barrels. He crossed his hooves as he spoke dryly, "You guys can come out now. We know you five are there."

As Lance has expected, five students emerged out from the hiding spots – Heatwave and Sandbar inside the barrels, Aero was hiding behind the tallest crate, Gallus emerged out from vent pipe and Arcee came out from the crate. They all stood before Lance and his friends.

Gallus chuckled nervously, "Surprise?"

"You wanna explain of why you guys are here, and not in class?" Lance asked dryly.

"Don't worry, young Lance, I've got explanation about this mess," Heatwave said calmly. He then pointed his hoof at Sandbar, "It was Sandbar's idea, not mine! I just followed him!"

"W-What?! Hey! That is so not true!" Sandbar asked angrily.

Gallus nodded angrily, "Yeah! It was your idea, not Sandbar! You told us to follow you because you couldn't stand with Professor Pinkie and Professor Laxtinct!"

"And not to mention, you and Bella said we should follow Silverstream's and Arcee's example to follow our teachers to see some serious action and Friendship Problem to solve too!" Aero snapped angrily, making Heatwave nervous and scared. He growled, "The nerve of you putting the blame on others, instead of yourself. And you call yourself 'honest pony'…"

Heatwave chuckled uneasily, "Gimme a break, guys!"

Arcee scoffed while crossed her claws, "Well, that is true. You guys agreed to follow them while I don't!"

Shiroi scoffed, "Well, you're the one to talk, Arcee. How do you explain of why you're here since you already seen the action and how to solve the Friendship Problem?"

Arcee sighed in annoyance while glaring at the boys, "I was trying to stop the boys from following you. Unfortunately, by the time I caught up with them on the cruise ship, it already set for sail."

"Just admit, Arcee. You like adventures and action too," Heatwave playfully teased the pink Mystic Hippogriff while poking on her shoulder, "After all, this is way better than the studies."

POW! Arcee whacked on Heatwave's head, knocking him unconscious and have swirling eyes. This scared the rest of the boys while hugging and holding each other, fearing her wrath now. Lance, Shiroi and Zecora have sweatdrop of what they just saw.

"Don't talk something stupid, Heatwave!" Arcee snapped angrily. She groaned, "I'm trying to get you guys to stay out of troubles! Honestly!"

"Sorry…" Heatwave apologized fearfully.

Sandbar chuckled amusingly, "You should know better than to tease and annoy Arcee."

Aero nodded in agreement, "Indeed. Arcee's very serious with her duty and studies."

Lance, Shiroi and Zecora sighed in annoyance about the students' argument and antics.

"So, now what?" Shiroi asked in concern, "We can't just send them back. It might cost some bits and time too."

"Well now, we might as well bring them along." Zecora suggested calmly, "You might never know when the trouble comes or bless to have them here to help us to solve the current problem."

Lance hummed thoughtfully, "Good point…" He then looked at the students, "You guys can come along, but no funny business. The last thing we need is getting into troubles. I'm looking at you, Heatwave."

Everyone looked and glared at Heatwave. He groaned while crossed his hooves, "Hey! I never cause troubles, but it always finds us, you know." He scoffed while glanced at Lance, "Besides, I'm your uncle and older than you. So, I should be the one to say that to you, not the other way around, kid."

"Well, maybe so, but the way you behaved now sure acts like you're younger than me, 'Unc'. So, that makes me older than you," Lance remarked teasingly, annoying Heatwave and making others laughed as well. He smirked, "Besides, my grandfather Lord Azure told me to keep an eye on you and make sure you stayed out of trouble. He also asked me to treat you like a kid and student, not give you any favor."

Heatwave gave the annoyance looks while his friends laughed amusingly at him. Gallus remarked with a sly smirk, "Ooh… Burn, Heatwave."

Sandbar snickered, "Yeah. Looks like your uncle doesn't want to give you some good treatment."

"Shut up," Heatwave grumbled in annoyance.

"Anyway, we should get going," Shiroi said calmly, "Friendship Problem won't solved by itself."

Zecora nodded in agreement, "Indeed. And hopefully that we don't stay here too long."

"Right," Lance nodded in agreement. He turned and looked at Arcee, "Arcee, watch over them. You're in-charge."

Arcee looked nervous and uncertain about her being 'in-charge', "I don't know, Lance. I'm not the right Mystic for this job."

"Well, better than giving the job to Heatwave and Sandbar if those two won't work this out," Lance gave his reason, which annoyed two students to exclaimed 'hey' to him. He continued, "Plus, Aero and Gallus will help you out if you feel stress or need help. Being in-charge doesn't mean you have to do everything by yourself, you know."

Gallus nodded in agreement, "Yeah. You can count on me, Arcee. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

Aero nodded firmly while armed with Lances of Justice, "Indeed. I shall protect you from harm."

Arcee sighed in annoyance, "Oh brother…"

As the cruise ship arrived at the harbor's dock; Lance, his friends and five students climbed down the ramp and headed off to the capital city of Farasi – Zebrat.


Lance and his team continued walking across the huts-like designed town while looking around of their surroundings. They were shocked and surprised to find out the Zebrat doesn't just harbor zebras but other creatures such as strange ponies with two horns on the nose and a group of water-like ponies. Some of them were marketing and selling food, drinks, accessories and gifts from small and large market stalls. Others show up their talents and skills such as arts, pottery, poetic, storytelling and many more entertainment and activities.

"Wow… I didn't know there were more other creatures in Zebra Land," Sandbar commented in surprise.

Gallus scoffed, "Nah. I already know what they are." This prompted Arcee to nudge on him by shoulder. He grunted a bit while rubbing it, "What gives?"

Arcee scolded, "Don't try to act 'know it all', Gallus. Just say that you don't know, otherwise, you get yourself into trouble again."

Gallus groaned a bit, "Fine, fine. Whatever."

Aero hummed curiously while looking at rhino-like ponies, "If Rak was here with him, he'd be surprise and curious to know more about them. I've always thought that China Unicorns have that kind of curved horns except they have two."

"Not to mention, they've got some watery-like ponies. Some kind of Seaponies?" Heatwave asked amusingly.

"No. I don't think so," Arcee disagreed. She turned and looked at Zecora, "So, what exactly are they, Zecora?"

"Those unicorns with two horns? They're called 'Abadas'. Though they possess magic powers, they are not unicorns," Zecora explained while looking at couple of Abadas using magic for pottery and art works. She turned and looked at watery-like ponies, who were singing harmonically and calmy on the stage before the audience. She smiled, "Those are Kelpies. The sea-like ponies, who has the magic and power to control and use water and singing. And of course, they're capable of shape-shifting as well."

Aero groaned, "I'd better stay away from those watery ponies. Last thing I want is my fire goes off…"

"Really? Shape shifting?" Sandbar asked in surprise. He whistled, "Wish Ocellus should have come with us for this field trip. She would be happy to hang around with this kind of guys."

"Ooh. Asking her for a date, aren't ya, Sandbar?" Heatwave teasingly asked.

Sandbar blushed in red on his face. Gallus nodded playfully, "Yeah. No surprise that she's very pretty for him to hang around with. You liked her very much."

"S-Shut up!" Sandbar grumbled in annoyance.

"As my brother's research said, 'denying the fact and feelings means you really like her a lot'," Aero joked.

Sandbar scoffed, "Oh yeah! From what I've heard, your brother got crazy crush on Yona, despite they're different creatures."

"That's ridiculous!" Aero snapped in annoyance, "Dragons and Yaks don't get along well especially when it comes from different countries."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that. Rak and Yona sitting on the tree!" Heatwave singing teasingly, causing Aero to strangle and choked on him. He yelled in pain, "Uncle! Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!"

Aero snarled angrily, "Wanna say that again, your obnoxious brat?!"

"Okay, that's enough, both of you!" Arcee snapped while trying to separate Aero from strangling Heatwave.

Lance and his friends sighed in annoyance with the students fighting among themselves. They then looked around of their surroundings to see if there were any more problems. So far, everything seems to be peaceful and quiet, and no tension from anyone else.

Zecora hummed curiously, "I do not sense any troubles on my former homeland. Are you certain that Cutie Map send you here for Friendship Problem?"

"I'm sure, Zecora," Lance said firmly and calmly, "We just haven't come across to it yet."

"Speaking haven't come across, do you somepony we can meet and ask for help and assistance?" Shiroi asked.

Just before Zecora could answer, she bumped onto some ponies very hard. She fell to the ground hard.

"Hey, watch it!" The cocky voice exclaimed in annoyance.

Zecora groaned in pain while recovering, "My apology, dear sir. I should have watch where am I-!"

Zecora gasped upon looking at two zebras – one was a pale zebra with curvy stripes and black mohawk with pink and white streaks and another was a darker colored zebra with greenish stripes and brownish curvy mane and tail worn crimson jumpsuit with blackish skirt, greenish sleeves, and yellowish ancient crown-like. They also gasped in surprise as well.

"Marini? Zanda?" Zecora asked in shock.

Zanda giggled playfully as she helped Zecora up, "Hello, little Zecora!"

"It is you…" Marini said in surprise yet relief. She dashed and hugged Zecora warmly and happily. She sighed with tears, "I have missed you so much, my dear sister! Ol' Sunshine Flank, how are you doing?! I have not heard from you since the day you journey to Equestria!"

Though surprised yet relieved to hear Marini still care, Zecora sighed in shame before pushing her aside, "Been busy. Hoping not to be reminded by the past."

Marini looked surprised and confused by Zecora's statement, "Zecora?"

Zanda laughed out loud, "Of course, worried that I've bested you?"

Zecora groaned in annoyance while glaring at Zanda, "Nonsense. That's not the reason!"

Marini giggled a bit as she patted Zecora's back, "Indeed nonsense, my dear Zecora! Why would you think of that? I wasn't bother about it for a long time. I've forgotten about it."

Zecora hummed and gave a bit of scowl, "But I have not…"

After carefully looking at how Zecora reacted and reason towards her 'friends'; Lance, Shiroi and five students gave the bland looks while looking at each other.

"Definitely Zecora has friendship problem." Lance, Shiroi and five students said in unison yet softly.

"So, what are we waiting for?!" Gallus asked impatiently, "Let's solve it!"

Aero smirked as he gave a high-five on Gallus's back, "Indeed. Let us do it!"

Just before Gallus and Aero could do anything, Shiroi quickly blast her magic, halting and preventing them going on.

"Don't do something stupid, guys!" Shiroi commanded firmly.

"Uh, why not? Just tell her and solve it," Heatwave remarked calmly.

Arcee groaned as she whacked Heatwave's head, "That's not how it works, dumbass! You have to understand why she has this problem in the first place before you solve it. You charge in and tell them like this. They'll blow the fuse at your face. Don't do something stupid again!"

Lance sighed and nodded in agreement, "She's right. For now, we need to know more Zecora's past and problems with her friends."

"How are we gonna do that?" Gallus asked.

Deactivating her magic on halting Gallus and Aero, who just fell to the ground, Shiroi smiled and explained, "We get to know more about Zecora's old friends, and then learn of what's going on." She then lowered down before two of them as she gave them her scary angry looks, "And also, don't try to jump the gun."

Lance nodded, "Trust me. Don't push the wrong button." He approached to Zecora, "Hey, Zecora, who are these friends of yours?"

Zecora sighed as she approached to Lance and his friends, "My old classmates from old school days - Marini and Zanda."

Zanda scoffed proudly and arrogantly as she held Zecora close to her, "Yeah right! I was more than just classmate. I was her rival – the better and smarter than you, Zeco. And also, got good looking than you. I'm always good at using shaman magic and potion making than you."

Zecora groaned in annoyance, "I forgot to mention that she is very annoying too for me to bear. Such annoyance is something I cannot tolerate for ruining my focus on my work."

Marini laughed a bit, "I see you're still rhyming, even though our favorite shaman teacher told you that is not necessary."

"Really?!" Everyone asked in surprise.

Zecora sighed, "In ancient times, shamans always speak in rhymes and riddles because they represent themselves as wise and humble wizards-like and also possessed knowledge and wisdom to guide and help the locals and ponies to their problem. Both my mentor and ancient textbooks inspired me to do so. I wish to respect that tradition, even if it's unnecessary."

"Which I kept telling it's unnecessary. Just be yourself, not someone else," Marini said playfully while patted Zecora's back. She laughed a bit. She noticed ponies looked at her. She cleared her throat, "Where are my manners? My name is Marini. As my dear sister Zecora has said, I was her classmate but also her close and best friend. We used to work together as a team for using and creating tons of magic potions and medicine."

"That is until you decide not to continue," Zecora grumbled a bit.

Marini sighed, "I'm sorry, Zecora. I could never keep up with you. You're too good. So, I look for new job. Guess who's the mayor of Zebrat?"

Everyone but Zanda gasped in shock and disbelief, "You?!"

"Y-You're what?!" Zecora asked in disbelief and shocked.

Marini nodded while showing her mayor's badge, "It is true. I became the Mayor of Zebrat, five years ago. And believe me, it was difficult at first but I managed to handle both administration and situation especially fighting against the Storm Kingdom and monsters. Better than shaman."

"You don't say…" Zecora commented dryly.

"Anyway, what brings you here, my dear friends? I don't suppose it's a social visit or diplomat?" Marini asked amusingly.

"Maybe they're trying to attack Prince Abraxas," Zanda said teasingly.

Marini whacked Zanda's hoof, "Zanda!"

"Who's Prince Abraxas?" Gallus asked confusingly.

Sandbar nodded, "Yeah. Why do I get the feeling that he's a royalty or something?"

"He is. Prince Abraxas is one of four princes at Farasi. He is wise, strong and brave ruler we ever had. And, he also possessed the ancient power of Black Panther – an ancient deity that served as protector and guardian to watch over and guard our land for generations," Marini explained, "I'm surprise that Zecora never told you anything."

Zecora was a bit embarrassed and uneasy. Shiroi spoke calmly to protect Zecora's reason, "Well, Zecora has been very busy for providing the medication and potions for Ponyville since her arrival. I don't think she has the time to tell us about her homeland."

"I see… That's Zecora," Marini said teasingly and calmly, "Always know what ingredients and potions for everypony's health. Thoughtful and noble she is."

Lance cleared his throat, "We were sent here to solve Friendship Problem."

"Really? What kind of Friendship Problem is?" Zanda asked curiously.

Despite knowing Zecora has Friendship Problem, Shiroi lied, "We're not sure yet. But we hope that Prince Abraxas can help us."

"Of course, he can. In fact, we're heading to the palace to meet him for discussion about Zebrat's condition," Marini said calmly, "No doubt that he would be happy to see you, Zecora. He also missed you."

Zecora sighed, "I supposed it wouldn't hurt to visit him. I have not seen him since I left for Ponyville."

Marini smiled as she patted Zecora, "That's my sunshine flank."

Zecora groaned, "Please stop calling me that."

"Why? It was your favorite nickname, kiddo," Zanda joked playfully, "And you like it."

"No, I don't!" Zecora snapped in annoyance.

Marini chuckled while separating Zecora from attacking Zanda, "Okay, okay, okay, calm down now, Zecora. No need to get fuss up with Zanda. Besides, you have more important matters to attend to such as visiting Prince Abraxas for assistance with Friendship Problem. Plus, our old friends would be happy to see you."

Zecora calmed down a bit before saying, "Fine. Let us go."

Marini and Zanda headed off while leading Lance and his team to the Black Panther Palace, where Prince Abraxas resides. And at the same time, Lance and Shiroi were staying close to Zecora, who was annoyed and irritated from the last conversation with her friends, looking at them suspiciously.

"You already know the Friendship Problem, did you not?" Zecora asked with a sigh.

Shiroi giggled uneasily, "What makes you say that?"

"Your expression told me the truth when you deceived Marini and Zanda about the Friendship Problem," Zecora answered dryly, "And I'm well aware that I have a Friendship Problem with my friends."

Lance and Shiroi were surprised. He asked, "You knew it?! When? Why didn't you tell us?!"

"Since you mentioned 'Zebrat'," Zecora answered dryly, stoking Lance and Shiroi. She continued, "I supposed you wished to know why I'm having problems with them."

"Pretty obvious, isn't it?" Heatwave asked amusingly.

Sandbar scoffed, "Yeah. No thanks to your big mouth."

Heatwave groaned as he jumped and tackled Sandbar, who fought back against him. Both of them have a brief fighting with each other for the moment, prompting Gallus and Aero to grab and hold them tight from fighting. Lance, Shiroi, Arcee and even Zecora sighed in annoyance about it.

Shiroi sighed while looking at Zecora, "We could have asked you. But from my experience, not everyone's willing to talk about it because of the incident."

Zecora was surprised. Lance nodded, "Yeah. No worries. If you feel like talking about it, you know who to talk to. We'll help and solve the problem."

Still surprised by their statement, Zecora sighed before smiled in relief, "Thank you, my friends. I appreciate it very much."

Lance and his friends continued following Marini and Zanda as they're heading straight to Black Panther Palace now.


A few minutes have passed, Lance and his team have arrived at the large golden ancient African Palace-like with couple of Black Panther statue stood on the pillar including the largest one with fierce and strong looks. With the Zebrat Elite Warriors' guidance, they led their guests straight to the throne chamber.

Just as Lance and his friends entered the throne chamber, they found Prince Abraxas – a large and muscular zebra male with blazing yellowish and blackish mane-like and tail worn blackish armor and yellowish sarong-like was speaking and chatting with his ministers over the situation.

After listening to his minister, Prince Abraxas nodded firmly, "Understood, Professor Cactus Rose." He turned to brownish Abada with grayish-golden patches on hooves and mane and three colorful streaks – red, blue and yellow, who worn blackish armor. He continued, "Dust Devil, you and your squad must protect the village since they have suffered drought. Capture and punish those bandits and demons."

Dust Devil saluted proudly, "Will be done, sir! You with me, Crystal?"

A crystallized and icy form of blue Kelpie with dark purplish mane called Crystal wearing her Elite Warrior Armor groaned, "Boring as always." This prompted Dust Devil to nudge on her shoulder. She grunted, "Quit it, will ya! I'm just saying!"

Dust Devil groaned, "We're saving lives, you know. Wouldn't hurt to be proud and happy for it?"

Crystal scoffed, "Whatever."

Prince Abraxas turned to both pale yellowish Abada with light blue-nature green colored patches and fluffy mane colors of mint green and cyan colored, and Dark greenish-pale cyan colored Kelpie. He asked, "How is the situation on your side, Cactus Rose and Medley Brook?"

Medley squealed happily, "You bet! I can't wait to sing and dance in front of audience, making sure they're happy customers and not get upset over drought problem! It's gonna be fun!"

"What Medley meant is that we have prepared humanitarian supplies and resources for the villages. We'll make sure that they all have them," Cactus Rose said sincerely and calmly, "And of course, I'll make sure that Medley don't go overboard."

"Hey!" Medley Brook exclaimed, feeling offended.

"Good. That is indeed some good news," Prince Abraxas said in relief. He sighed, "Let us hope that Farasi recovered from the droughts and bandits. The last thing I want is unexpected troubles coming to us again."

Zebrat Elite Warrior cleared his throat, "Your highness, we brought Mayor Marini, Lady Zanda and the guests here. They wish to speak with you."

Prince Abraxas looked up and to see his guests. To his surprise and please, he found Zecora among the guests. Dust Devil, Cactus Rose, Crystal and Medley Brook were also surprised as well.

"Zecora? Is that you?!" Prince Abraxas asked hopefully. Zecora nodded and bowed before him. He smiled happily as he got off the chair. He rushed in and gave her a warm hug, "Zecora, you have returned! It is good to see you again, my dear friend. I have missed you so much!"

Zecora grunted, feeling his hugging tight, "It's good to see you too as well, your highness." Departing from hugging with the prince, she turned and looked at four creatures. She spoke, "My old friends…"

"Good to see you, deary!" Cactus Rose said happily.

"Hey," Crystal said plainly and boring tone.

Medley Brook cheered while hugging Zecora, "Welcome home!"

Dust Devil laughed heartily, "Great to have you back, kiddo!"

Her old friends jumped and hugged the Zebra Shaman happily and warmly. Zecora was surprised as she didn't expect her old friends welcomed her home warmly and happily. She hugged them back as well. Marini smiled and winked at her, making her sighed in annoyance a bit.

Heatwave whistled, "That's some welcoming committee…"

"Yeah. Shaman Zecora got some good friends," Sandbar agreed before looking at Heatwave, who looked back at him. They both huffed angrily while looking away. He continued, "Unlike somepony I know!"

Heatwave snapped in annoyance, "Look who's talking!"

Gallus groaned, "They never stopped, don't they?"

Aero sighed while nodded in annoyance, "Unlikely, Gallus. Very unlikely…"

After the hugging, Zecora departed hugging from her old friends. She returned to her own friends, who gave a bit of snickering about her being missed and greeted by her old friends. They turned and faced to Prince Abraxas.

"Now that we put it aside. Can you tell me about these new friends?" Prince Abraxas asked calmly.

Zecora nodded as she introduced them to her prince, "Lance Justicestrike – son of Shadow Dragon and late Princess Iris Crystal. Shiroi Bai – his girlfriend. And the rest are students – Heatwave, Sandbar, Gallus, Aero and Arcee – for field trip."

Lance and his friends bowed humbly before Prince Abraxas, "Your majesty."

Heatwave cleared his throat a bit, "You forgot to add 'Heatwave the nephew of my awesome uncle Azure Phoenix, Mystic Councilpony of Fire. And this-" He grabbed and held Lance close to him, "-is my first-cousin-once-removed or nephew to shorten it – Lance Justicestrike!"

Everyone groaned in annoyance especially Sandbar and Gallus facepalmed over his arrogance.

Prince Abraxas laughed, "You are a funny Pegasus, my young friend." He cleared his throat before bowed humbly, "It is an honor to have Equestria Ponies to visit my land. I am Prince T'Challa Chadwick Abraxas. Welcome to Farasi. And I also wish to thank you for allowing Zecora to live and work amongst you to show that both Equestria and Farasi can live and work together in harmony."

"We are honored, your majesty," Shiroi said humbly.

"So… What can I do for you? Surely, you didn't travel here for sightseeing and tourism," Prince Abraxas asked humbly.

Lance cleared his throat, "Yeah. We were kinda send here to solve Friendship Problem, your majesty."

Ministers chattered and muttered in surprise. Prince Abraxas asked, "Friendship Problem? What is that?"

"Some kind of mission to solve ponies or other creatures' relationship or other problems to deal with," Shiroi explained.

Zecora nodded firmly, "Yes. I have witnessed such an event before, my lord. I don't suppose there were problems here?"

Prince Abraxas hummed calmly and thoughtfully, "Not that I could think of, other than dealing with bandits or solving the land's drought, locusts and faminity. However-!"

"Your majesty! Your majesty!" An injured Zebra Elite Warrior barged into the throne room. He grunted in pain as he bowed before the Prince. He reported, "He's here! The Demon has returned!"

Everyone including Lance and his friends gasped and yelped in shock. Prince Abraxas narrowed his angry and determined eyes.

"Him again…" Prince Abraxas snarled a bit.


As soon as Lance and his friend including Prince Abraxas quickly exited out of the palace, they began to feel the entrance grounds shaking and quaking wildly and crazily. Not only that area, the whole courtyard and metropolitan Zebrat City also suffered the earthquake as well. Many zebras, abadas and kelpies screamed and panicked in fear while holding tight on trees, pillars and hiding underneath bench, tables and so on.

"W-What's going on?!" Aero asked in concern.

"Earthquake?!" Shiroi asked in concern.

Sandbar screamed, "I hate earthquake! It's the worst disaster to deal with!"

"Impossible! There shouldn't be an earthquake in this land!" Zecora exclaimed in disbelief.

"It is not an earthquake!" Marini said in disagreement, "He's here!"

"WHO?!" Lance and his team asked in concern.

BOOM! Everyone was alerted by the loud explosion. They looked up and found something has emerged and popped out from the large hole, which was located in the middle of courtyard. It landed on the ground. It revealed itself to be a familiar bull demon-like, shocking everyone. He the roared angrily and wildly at Prince Abraxas.

"QUAKE?!" Lance and Shiroi asked in shock.

"Who the what now?!" Gallus asked in fear.

Aero hissed as he armed himself with lances, "I have heard about him. He's the spawn of the Demon Lord of Earth – Dai Gui!"

Sandbar quivered in fear, "This is so not good!"

"What's wrong? Scared?!" Heatwave mocked Sandbar.

Sandbar screamed at Heatwave, "Of course, I'm scared! Who isn't afraid of big demons?!"

"Everyone! Cut the chatter! Be ready!" Arcee said firmly.

Zecora turned to Marini and asked, "Marini. What is Son of Dai Gui doing here?"

Marini sighed, "He's looking for something. We're not sure what and why. But he's very demanding with our prince for a week."

Quake snarled angrily, "Where is it?! Where is it?!"

Prince Abraxas narrowed his firm eyes and answered, "I'm afraid I do not know what you're seeking, demon! But I demand you to leave this land now!"

Still glaring at both zebra prince and his allies especially Zanda, Quake growled before roared angrily, "Never!"

Shocked and alerted by Quake's anger, Lance ordered angrily and determinedly, "Everyone, move now!"

Just as Lance summoned his Oblivion Dragon and Oathkeeper Blossom Blades while Shiroi readied her magical spells to defend the students and their friends, Prince Abraxas charged and rammed at Quake's guts, throwing him off to the garden. The attack surprise everyone else.

"D-Did he just ram Quake?!" Lance asked in shock.

Shiroi nodded in disbelief, "Yeah. I didn't expect him to pick a fight with demon!"

"Have you forgotten of what Marini has said?" Zecora asked calmly with a smile. She then looked at Prince Abraxas was fighting and battling Quake. She continued, "He possessed the ancient power of Black Panther."

Marini smiled in agreement, "Yes. He won't be easily defeated."

"Yeah. That idiot will think twice about coming here again," Zanda grumbled in anger tone while clenching her crossed arms, which alerted Heatwave and Gallus to notice about her.

Quake angrily trying to swing and slam his punches at Prince Abraxas, who firmly and swiftly dodge and evade the attacks for couple of times. And at the same time, his hooves are covered by blackish-purplish colored claws-like aura as he swung and struck them at his enemy's chest and limbs for few times. He then jumped and kicked the Bull Demon Prince by head before slamming him to the ground hard.

Quake grunted angrily and painfully as he slowly recovered and got up from the ground. He growled angrily as he used his Geokinesis Power to levitate and throw couple of large rocks at Prince Abraxas, who firmly and swiftly dodged the attacks while charging straight at him. The Bull Demon tried to slam a punch at Zebra Prince, who dodged and slide down to evade the attack before jumped and kicked him on his back. Both of them fiercely and firmly launched couple of punches at each other for few rounds. Just as Quake summoned small rock behind, Prince Abraxas tripped and fell on his back. The Bull Demon jumped and prepared to unleash Quake Crusher on him. The zebra prince concentrated his power within to unleash powerful battle cry, blowing the demon off to the entrance. He then charged in high speed as he unleashed Fury Claw Strikes, injuring and wounding the demon badly before kicked him off to the ground.

Just as Quake slowly yet weakly getting up, he found himself surrounded by the Dust Devil and Zebra Elite Warriors. Lance and his friends also armed and aimed their weapons at him.

Prince Abraxas glared at Quake, "Leave… Now…"

Quake snarled, "This is not over…"

Quake quickly dug a hole for him to enter and making the escape at once. Though they all have won the battle, Lance and his friends sighed in relief as they have survived the fight. However, Prince Abraxas grunted in pain before dropping down on his knee. Both Zecora and Marini approached and checked on him.

"Your highness, are you alright?" Zecora asked in concern.

Prince Abraxas sighed calmly while nodded firmly, "I am fine, Zecora. Just tired. Relying and using too much of Black Panther's power to fight Quake has taken toll on me."

"WHAT?! A WEEK?! You've been fighting him for a week?!" Zecora asked in shock and disbelief. She turned and glared at Marini, "Why didn't you help or fight off the demon?! He could have get killed!"

Marini groaned in frustration, "You think I don't know that?! I've spent a week to make sure Dust Devil, Crystal and the Zebra Elite Warriors are prepared to fight off the demon and defend the Prince."

Zecora scoffed angrily, "Not good enough! If that demon finds out about this, he could have killed the Prince! You should have tried harder!"

"Don't tell me what I can or can't do!" Marini snapped angrily, "I am the Mayor! My duty is to protect and secured the safety of the citizens! That is my priority!"

"So, you can just let the prince died?! Is that what you want?!"

"How dare you?!"

"I dare you because that's who you are! Always abandon on some of the most important ponies, who really needed you to be there for them especially me!"

"I'd never abandon my friends when you are the one who abandoned us because of your mistakes!"

"I'd never make mistakes!"

"Yes, you did! Stop lying!"

"Enough!" Prince Abraxas snapped angrily and firmly, shocking Zecora and Marini. He sighed, "This is not the time to argue when the Demon Prince of Earth is on the loose!"

Lance nodded firmly, "He's right. We need to deal with Quake before he caused more problems. And not to mention, we have to solve the Friendship Problem."

Shiroi approached to the Zebra Prince, "Prince Abraxas, what's exactly Quake after?"

"I am not very certain. All I know is that he was looking for portal." Prince Abraxas answered in concern.

Both Lance and Shiroi groaned in frustration. He spoke, "Shouldn't have known."

"Do you know something?" Medley Brook asked in concern.

Crystal scoffed, "Pretty sure it's lame." This prompted Cactus Rose to nudged at her elbow. She grumbled, "What?!"

"Yeah, we do," Shiroi confirmed firmly, "Quake's trying to free his father from his imprisoned Netherworld."

The Zebra Prince and his subjects gasped in shock and fear. Dust Devil exclaimed in shock and fear, "Say what?!"

"You're kidding!" Marini said in concern.

Prince Abraxas hissed in fear, "If what you said is true, then my homeland will be in grave danger. The Demon Lord of Earth must not be freed. I will not allow the monster roam freely and destroy everything they touch."

"Don't suppose that you know where to find it?" Heatwave asked hopefully.

Sandbar nodded, "Yeah. It would be easy for us to find it first before Quake gets there."

"Wow. Did not expect that," Gallus exclaimed in surprise to see both Heatwave and Sandbar agreed.

"Yeah. Never thought those two agreed on something," Aero commented in shock.

"I do not." Prince Abraxas admitted in concern, making Lance and his team to groan in disappointed. He continued, "But I heard some rumors that there's an ancient temple, somewhere deep in the jungle. The portal could be in there."

Heatwave yelped, "D-Did he said 'j-jungle'?!"

"Yup. Why? Scared?" Sandbar asked teasingly, prompting Heatwave punched him on face. He groaned, "That is it!"

As Sandbar jumped on Heatwave, both of them have fierce fighting, making everyone annoyed by their rivalry.

"So, you do know where it is?" Arcee asked.

Aero smiled, "This sounds easily than I thought."

"Sadly though, we do not have the location of ancient temple," Prince Abraxas admitted in concern, making everyone facefaulted again. He continued, "But I have faith that Zanda, Marini and Zecora can locate it."

Just before Marini and Zanda could say anything, Zecora spoke up immediately, "I shall do my best, my prince. I will locate the location of portal."

"Wow there, Zecora!" Marini protested firmly while turning Zecora to face her. She continued, "Did you not hear what the Prince has said?! He's counting on us to find it."

Zanda nodded in agreement, "Yeah, Zecora. You're not the only one with some voodoo magic tricks. We do too."

"Not good as mine! I can handle it without your help!" Zecora said firmly and determinedly.

Marini shook her head firmly, "No, Zecora. You need help! You may be good with potion, medicine and magic tricks, but you're not good at fighting. And not to mention, these children are very young and unskilled warriors as well! They can't protect themselves!"

"Uh, hate to break it to you but we can handle it," Lance said, feeling offended, "I mean I am Mystic Pony, and so are those three."

Shiroi nodded firmly, "Don't worry, Marini, we can handle it."

Marini sighed, "Even so, you do not know much of jungle like Zanda and I do. It would be best to have us help you than just go blindly and get lost."

Arcee hummed thoughtfully, "They do have the point. It would be good to have some help."

"Yeah. Plus, it's our first time here in Farasi," Aero agreed firmly.

Still annoyed and angry with her former friends, Zecora couldn't ignore the reason of having Marini and Zanda helping her. She sighed, "Fine. However, leave the magic of locating one we seek to me, or else, it would lead us to wrong path to defeat."

"Really? Another rhyme?" Zanda asked in annoyance.

Marini turned and looked at Prince Abraxas as she bowed firmly and calmly, "We shall do our best, your highness!"

Zanda smirked while holding Zecora close to her, "You can count on us!"

Zecora sighed, "Perhaps..."

Dust Devil, Cactus Rose, Crystal and Medley Brook stood firmly as the speed devil Abada spoke, "We wish to help as well!"

"No, Dust Devil, I need you and the rest to stay here," Zecora disagreed firmly.

Marini nodded understandingly of Zecora's reason, "She is right. The demon could come back and attack the prince again. I want you all stay here and protect him."

Though disappointed, they knew it's important. Cactus Rose spoke, "You can count on us, Marini and Zecora. We won't let them get harmed!"

"Oh yeah! You can count on us!" Medley Brook cheered.

Crystal groaned, "Oh joy…"

"Then, it is settled. Zecora, Marini and Zanda, you should get started soon," Prince Abraxas said firmly. He turned and looked at Lance, Shiroi and the students, "My dear friends, please watch over them especially Zecora."

"No problem, Prince Abraxas. We won't let anything bad happen to them," Lance said confidently.

Shiroi nodded, "Yeah. After all, Zecora helps us a lot."

"I know. But I also fear that she and Marini might not get along after what has happened from few years ago," Prince Abraxas said in concern, confusing Lance and his friends. He continued, "Both Zecora and Marini have been friends since they were children. But after what has happened from the Shaman Test, they drift apart."

"Any idea of what happen?" Shiroi asked.

Prince Abraxas sighed, "I'm afraid that I do not. I do wish they reconciled and work as a team. We always must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe, no matter how different we are."

Lance hummed thoughtfully, "That sounds like friendship."

Shiroi nodded in agreement, "Don't worry, your highness. We'll help them out after all this is Friendship Problem."

"Interesting…" Prince Abraxas commented in surprise, "I thought you sought me out to help you find it. I did not realize that Zecora and Marini are friendship problem."

Shiroi giggled a bit, "Well, we already figure that out. We just want to double check on our theory."

Lance smiled confidently, "Don't worry, Prince Abraxas. We'll help them out."

Prince Abraxas smiled warmly, "Thank you, my friends. I wish you all luck."

Zecora, Marini, Zanda, Lance and the rest of his team nodded firmly as they agreed to make preparation and head out to find the ancient temple and the portal to Dai Gui's imprisoned cell.

"You guys go ahead. I need to head home and get something," Zanda said calmly. She smiled calmly, "Don't worry. I'll be back."

Marini nodded firmly, "Alright. Don't take it too long."

Zanda winked happily, "Count on it, my dear friends."

Zanda headed off and returning to home now. Zecora, Marini, Lance and the rest of his were heading off to Marini's Mayor Office for preparation and making locator spell for the ancient temple's location.

Heatwave and Gallus became suspicious and weary of her since they noticed her tone and reaction towards Quake. What's exactly she up to now?

For odd reason, Zanda did not seem to be returning home as she's arriving at the middle of dark forest. She seems to be alone. She then some loud noise and shouts in the depth of forest. Suddenly, a Pan'ku Box was thrown straight on her feet. She looked up and found Quake approached towards her.

"You couldn't wait," Zanda asked dryly and annoyingly.

"How long do you think Quake must wait?! Quake has been here for a week!" Quake asked angrily and impatiently. He grabbed and clenched Pan'ku Box, despite it gave some electrical shock on him. He roared while throwing it at the tree trunk. He snarled, "How in the name of Demon Father can I find that stupid portal?! Quake hates waiting and solving puzzle!"

Zanda scoffed, "Patient, my friend, you will get it. I promised you."

Quake growled, "This better be good. Quake hates waiting."

"Trust me, it will be." Zanda said calmly. She then heard tree rustling as if something's coming towards her. She turned to her left side, where she found a large shadowy figure stood before her. She smiled, "Right on time. Give them the best hell you've got, Mabaya."

The mysterious shadowy giant creature growled a bit before giving out a loud elephant noise-like.


At Mayor Office's kitchen, both her and Zecora have gathered the necessary ingredients and potions including chip of Quake's horn and Dai Gui's banishment spell ingredient – flower. They then mix all of them together in the large cauldron. They placed the buffalo's horn into it. The cauldron exploded with greenish mist before throwing it back out. The horn is now glowing with greenish magical light as it became the magical locator spell. It took them nearly an hour to get it right.

Marini smiled, "We did it, Zecora! We finally create the locator spell!"

"Indeed, we did," Zecora said in relief. She turned and looked at Marini, "And you still think that you're not good."

"I am not, Zecora." Marini disagreed with a gentle smile, "But because of you, we managed to achieve this. Just like old times…"

"Old times?" Zecora asked dryly. She scoffed a bit, "Like what you have done to me?"

"Zecora, you must believe in me. I didn't do it. You know that."

"I thought I did, but after what witnessing your action from the past, how can I be certain that you won't repeat this again?"

"Zecora…" Marini said in hurt tone.

Zecora sighed in annoyance, "Let us go. Time is not on our side."

Picking up the glowing horn, Zecora turned and exited out of the kitchen's entrance. Marini sighed in frustration, upset with her old friend still not trusting and believing in her after what has happened in the past. Regardless of what happen, she has the mission to do and at the same time, she hoped to reconcile with her friend.

Zecora and Marini met up with Lance, Shiroi and the students at the living hall. Zanda has just arrived and returned home, bringing the bag as well.

"Looks like everyone's ready," Marini said happily and calmly.

Zecora nodded in agreement while holding the buffalo horn, "So as this one. With this locator spell, we might able to locate and get the portal in time."

Lance smiled, "Cool!"

"Before we go, there's something bothering me," Shiroi said in concern while thinking. Everyone looked at her. She continued, "If Quake's looking for his father's portal, why didn't he use the Pan'ku Box to find it in the first place?"

"Really?!" The students asked in surprise.

Arcee hummed thoughtfully, "She's right. However, Pan'ku Box doesn't actually give specific location of the portal. Mei Kai has a hard time to find it."

Lance nodded understandingly, "Then again, Nyx and her friends told me that Quake isn't very good at reading the map or using Pan'ku Box. So, we should be one step ahead of him to find and get the portal."

"Indeed, we do," Zecora agreed calmly.

"So, where is the ancient temple again?" Heatwave asked.

"In the jungle, of course," Marini answered casually, prompting Heatwave to scream in fear. She looked confuse, "What? You thought temples can be found in cities? Not necessary!"

Zecora nodded in agreement, "Indeed. This ancient temple that Prince Abraxas spoke of is very sacred and important to Farasi. It would be unwise to cut down the forest and build the city over it. Or else, we may suffer the wrath of Black Panther."

Heatwave screamed and panicked in fear and anger, "Oh, nononononono! We are NOT going through that scary jungle!"


Heatwave groaned in annoyance, "I can't believe we're going through a scary jungle!"

"Must you always complain?!" Sandbar asked in annoyance.

Gallus nodded playfully, "This is your idea of getting away from the class. Think of it as mental health break."

Aero chuckled, "Yeah. Be careful of what you wish for as they say."

Despite the objection Heatwave has made, Lance and his team dragged him out and all the way to the jungle's entrance. Zecora and Marini held their buffalo horns as they were glowing brightly when they aimed at northeast direction.

"This must be it," Zecora said firmly.

Lance nodded in agreement, "Indeed. Let find that temple first before Quake does."

"If possible, we should get the Pan'ku Box too," Shiroi suggested. Everyone looked at her. She continued, "So, we don't have to worry about the next Demon Lords' getting out of their portals. Plus, we can find a way to seal them back. They give me enough headaches."

"Good point," Lance said understandingly, "Let's move out."

"Before we go, we should be alert of something," Zanda said seriously and firmly. Everyone looked at her. She continued, "We should be careful and weary of dangerous elephant – Mabaya."

"Mabaya?" Lance, Shiroi and the students asked in confusion.

Zecora scoffed, "For Celestia's Sake, Zanda! Every zebra knows that Mabaya the Cursed Elephant is nothing but a story! A myth! A legend! It does not exist."

"Actually, it does." Marini answered in embarrassment tone. Zecora and her friends turned and looked at her in disbelief. She hissed, "Yes, it's true. Some zebras and other creatures have come across to it when they gathered some fruits and water. I've seen it once when I tried to deal with it but its looks scared me off. That was embarrassment of me."

"T-That's impossible!" Zecora said in disbelief.

"Wanna tell us what is Mabaya?" Gallus asked in annoyance.

Aero nodded in agreement, "Yeah. What's so dangerous about this 'Cursed Elephant'?"

Zecora sighed as she explained, "Mabaya was an ancient yet cursed and dangerous elephant. They said that he has been cursed, disfigured and his eyes are blinded in redness for destroying the land of Zebras and marking it as his own territories. So, he's been roaming around the jungle, finding a worthy opponent to face and end his life. However, other than that, he has been placed as guardian and protector of ancient temple we're looking for. So, if anyone dare to cross a path with him or the temple, he will hunt them down until either they or him be destroyed…"

Everyone gasped in shock and fear while looking at Marini and Zanda, who nodded firmly and fearfully about it.

Heatwave gulped, "You know what? I'm outta here!" Heatwave was grabbed and held by his own annoyed classmates He screamed, "Let me go! Let me go now!"

"We're not leaving until we find that temple and seal it off for good," Lance said determinedly.

Shiroi nodded, "And get the Pan'ku Box too."

"Let us go, then," Zecora said firmly, "Time is of the essence."

Zanda shrugged a bit with a sly smirk, "Let's hope that we don't come across Mabaya. Hate to be his dinner."

With Zecora and Marini using the buffalo horns as the compose, Lance and his team followed them from behind. Heatwave tried to escape but got caught and dragged by Gallus and Sandbar, making sure that he doesn't tried to escape during the mission.

Unknown to them, Quake has been watching the scene from the small hill. He quickly dug a hole to the underground, following after his prey.


Lance and his friends continued travelling across the depths of the jungle, following Zecora's and Marini's glowing horns, hoping to locate and get to the ancient temple before Quake reach his destination.

However, there were complication during their journey. While still following Zecora's and Marini's glowing horns, Lance and his friends noticed something off with them as it pointed different direction. It often misled them to wrong way or ran into some troubles such as dealing with wild and dangerous wild animals, rushing river, quick sand, rockslide, fell into holes and avoiding deadliest plants. Zecora and Marini often argued with each other for misdirection and problems they have caused to the team, prompting Lance and his team to calm them down from it. However, Zanda didn't seem to be bother to help out or even stop the fight, making Gallus and Heatwave suspicious of her.

But mostly Heatwave suffered the most such as he was chased by bees, tripping over a log into mud, getting stuck in quicksand, but gets pulled out thankfully, his bandana gets stolen by a monkey but got it back due to Aero chased it off, he got pinched and stung by a scorpion, chased by a lion and prickled by a porcupine. This irritated and annoyed him a lot.


Heatwave screamed, "I HATE THIS JUNGLE!"

Everyone groaned in annoyance and frustration with Heatwave's hatred over the jungle. They also can't help but agreed with him. Not because they have same mutual feeling with him, but they were mad at Zecora and Marini for leading us to wrong direction and gotten into troubles. Zanda didn't seem to be bothered about the situation.

Lance and his friends were taking break in the middle of largest tree trunk for shades and resting. They also have discussion about the problems especially if it is Zecora's Friendship Problem.

"So much for mental health break," Sandbar commented in annoyance.

Gallus groaned while crossed his claws, "Dang it. This is a total bogus especially two zebra shamans that give me a bad headache."

Marini groaned, "I am a mayor, not shaman!"

"Because you're not trying hard as always!" Zecora snapped in annoyance.

"Don't you dare tell me about 'not trying when you're the one, who do not wish for others help you!"

"Like how you abandoned me?!"

"Will you stop bringing that up?!"

"I will not!"

"Guys, stop it!" Lance shouted in annoyance, silencing Zecora and Marini. He sighed, "You both need to get your act together, not fighting each other. We need to find that temple before Quake does."

Shiroi nodded in agreement, "Lance's right. Time is wasting. We have to find it now."

Marini sighed, "You're right, my pony friends." She turned and looked at Zecora, "Zecora, if we do not work together, then our land will be in grave danger!"

Zecora snorted angrily, "How can we work together after what you have done to me?!"

"Say what?" Aero asked in confusion.

"What is she talking about?" Arcee asked in concern.

Marini sighed in frustration before speaking calmly, "Zecora, do not misunderstand me! I could never abandon you! I would never do that!"

"Yes, you did! In fact, you have ruined my life all because you couldn't stand of me being better than you!" Zecora snapped angrily and annoyingly, "You despise me being a better Shaman while you could not pass the test!"

Everyone was in shock and surprised by Zecora's reason. Zanda smiled amusingly, attracted Gallus and Heatwave's attention.

Marini growled angrily, "Don't you dare start with that again!"

"Admit it, 'sister'!" Zecora snapped angrily at Marini, "The only reason why I left is because I couldn't stand with you being jealous, upset and angry with me! All I ever want is to be a good shaman to help my people and others. And you ruined my whole life!"

Everyone gasped in deeply shocked and disbelieved by Zecora's claim. Did Marini truly ruin Zecora's life before moving out to Ponyville?

Marini groaned in anger, "I have warned you for the last time!"

"Correction, old friend…" Zecora disagreed dryly, "You were warned before!"

Zanda laughed teasingly, "This ought to be fun. Always like to see you two fighting with each other."

"Seriously?!" Sandbar, Arcee and Aero asked in disbelief.

Heatwave hummed suspiciously, "Something's off with her."

"Thinking what I'm thinking?" Gallus asked curiously yet softly.

Heatwave nodded while eating banana, "Yeah. The answer of this problem…"

Gallus nodded secretly, "Yeah. Any idea?"

"Watch and wait for the right opportunity," Heatwave said calmly, making Gallus nodded in agreement with him.

"Guys, stop it now!" Lance pleaded firmly.

Shiroi came in-between Zecora and Marini as she pleaded, "Please, let us talk this out! Let us solve this Friendship Problem now!"

Zecora glared at Marini as she declared, "There is nothing to talk about!"

"Despite what I've done for you, you will never be happy with it," Marini said angrily and dryly, "I should never have met and befriend with you. You're truly an unappreciated zebra, who can't let go of the past. It's no wonder you didn't become the shaman in the first place."

Marini's insult has offended Zecora badly, prompting her to jump and slam her to the ground hard. While rolling on the ground, both of them swung and struck punches and kicks at each other angrily and firmly for couple of times. Lance and Shiroi yelped in concern as they tried to stop and prevent the fighting.

Zanda cheered wildly and happily for them to fight. Both Heatwave and Gallus nodded firmly and seriously. They both approached to her as they began questioning her about her relationship with them.

"So, wanna tell us why you're okay with this?" Heatwave asked suspiciously.

Gallus nodded, "Shouldn't you be stopping them?"

"Why would I do that?" Zanda asked amusingly while clapping her hooves, "It's fun to watch them fight with each other. They maybe friends, they're still idiots. I couldn't stand with them so much."

"Why would you say that?" Gallus asked curiously.

Zanda scoffed, "They're very besties, worked together so well and solved any kind of problems they have. They were the Shaman Acolytes, but I wasn't because I lacked the skills and knowledge! They made me so mad and annoyed that I wanna kicked their flank or screw them out. I deserved to be the Shaman!"

"Wow. You really got issues with them," Heatwave commented in surprise yet suspiciously, "I wonder… Do you happen to do something about this?"

"Yes…" Zanda answered, making Heatwave and Gallus shock. She giggled, "Pranking them is always the best to ruin their friendship."

Gallus asked suspiciously while looking at "So, nothing bad to make them like this?"

"Nothing to do with Shaman Stuffs?" Heatwave asked curiously.

"Nope. I've got nothing to do with it. They screw up their own tests badly, not me." Zanda answered calmly. She smirked calmly, "Well, their screw ups could have done much better than this."

Heatwave and Gallus hummed suspiciously while narrowed their eyes at Zanda, who glanced back at them.

Zanda asked, "Anything else you want to know more issues with Zecora and Marini."

"Nope," Heatwave and Gallus answered immediately before headed off.

Heatwave and Gallus were behind the large tree trunk, where they found Arcee, Aero and Sandbar were looking at her.

"What are you up to now?" Arcee asked suspiciously.

Both Heatwave and Gallus shrugged innocently. Sandbar spoke firmly, "Don't play dumb. I know you guys well. You guys are definitely up to something. And it's very bad that led us into troubles."

"So, spill it," Aero said sternly while cracked up his fists, "Or else!"

Gallus groaned as he snapped softly, "Fine! Zanda cause Zecora's Friendship Problem with Marini! She screwed up with their Shaman Tests."

Everyone was in shock and disbelief. Heatwave nodded, "Trust me. The way she talks about her friends, I'd say that she really hates them a lot for being better than her in voodoo magic and potions."

"Are you sure about this?" Arcee asked in concern, "You know jumping to conclusion is not good."

Gallus nodded firmly, "Trust me, guys. It's real deal. We need to find a way to expose her."

"Not to mention, we have to tell others of what we found," Heatwave added firmly and calmly, "They need to know what really happened!"

Sandbar sighed, "Can't believe I'm saying this again. Let's do it now!"

The students approached to Lance and Shiroi, who were still trying to stop Zecora and Marini from fighting and killing each other badly.

"Guys! We need to talk now!" Heatwave called out.

Gallus nodded firmly, "Yeah. We figure out the friendship problem!"

"Kinda busy here!" Lance exclaimed in concern while dragging Zecora back.

Shiroi used her magic to levitate and pull Marini back as well, "Yeah. Got some stubborn zebras to deal with! They really got some bloody issue with each other over 'shaman stuff'."

"Yeah. We know what's caused their big problem!" Heatwave exclaimed happily.

Gallus nodded, "It's-!" He gasped in shock while pointed out to the front, "W-What is that?!"

Everyone looked at where Gallus was pointing at. They found a desaturated red colored yet decayed and deformed Heavytusk-like with large ears with some holes, crimson eyes, broken horns, and his large body exposed some of bones. It growled a bit while glaring at its enemies.

"It cannot be!" Zecora exclaimed in disbelief.

Marini hissed, "It is, Zecora. It's him! It's Mabaya!"

"Still think it's a myth?!" Zanda asked sarcastically.

Mabaya made a loud trumpet noise-like with growling, scaring Lance and his team to scream and panic.

Zecora gulped in fear, "Not a myth! Run!"

Lance and his team panicked and screamed in fear as they quickly ran off at once. Mabaya chased after them, even if it has to go and ram through the forest and destroy anything that stands in his way.

"What the hell kind of elephant is that?!" Aero asked in shock and concern.

Sandbar quivered in fear, "Dude. I don't think that's even an elephant!"

"It's not," Lance agreed firmly. He inspected the large elephant carefully. He gasped in shock, "It's a Heavytusk!"

"Heavytusk?!" The students asked in shock and confusion.

"I read it from the history textbook! It's an ancient and prehistoric elephant from Ancient Jurassic Period!" Shiroi explained in concern while looking closely at the decayed elephant. She hissed, "But something's not right with it. It doesn't look like any normal Heaytusk! It looks almost dying! What happen to it?"

Lance hissed, "I don't know! Must be one of Dr. Wong's failed cloning experiment!"

"Can we talk after we get the hell out of here!" Heatwave screamed in fear.

Lance and his team screamed and panicked while continued running through the jungle. Mabaya was still chasing after them. While they continued running down the small hill, they came across with Quake and his army of Demon Buffalo Warriors and Shadow Crabs.

"No way!" Everyone exclaimed in shock.

Zanda groaned before muttered, "Idiot!"

"Huh?! Ponies?!" Quake asked in disbelief. He roared, "Tell me where is the portal now!"

Lance grunted, "Go ask that elephant friend of yours!"

Just before Quake could ask, Lance and his friends rammed him and some of his army off. They then continued screaming and panicking in fear while running away from them. Just before Quake and his minions could react, they then heard loud trumpet noise-like. They turned to their back and found Mabaya is coming too close to them. He rammed them off hard before they dropped to the ground hard.

Quake growled angrily, "Quake hates jungle now…"

Passing through the forest, Lance and his friends have arrived at the open field, that is filled with various wild animals. Knowing that Mabaya is still following them, they continued running as fast as they can. As they expected, Mabaya has emerged out from the forest. It gave another loud trumpet noise again. This time, it scared and prompted the animals to panic and gone stampede at once. All of them including Lance and his friends are running across the large field. And at the same time, the decayed Heavytusk is now following after them now. Quake and his army have exited out of the jungle as well. His Shadow Crabs submered and transformed into shadows while Quake and his Demon Buffalo Warriors dug and submerged below the unground as they're now joining the chase as well.

Lance and his friends did their best to avoid from hitting and ramming on the panicking animals as they almost got rammed, pushed and knocked out by them. Mabaya continued charging while ramming and knocking the animals aside. Quake and his minions continued digging through the underground, scaring and frightening the animals moved aside. Whenever the Demon Prince of Earth and his minions got closed to his targets, they jumped out and tried to pounce and attack Lance and his friends. They barely dodged and evaded their claws and weapons before they retaliated and knocked their opponent aside.

Barely escaping the animal stampede and the enemies, Lance and his team entered another site of jungle. Continued following Zecora's and Marini's glowing horns, they ran through the hallway of trees and bushes. During their running, they spotted a large ancient yet ruined African-themed temple with some towers that have dome-like rooftop.

"I see it! That must be it!" Aero shouted in surprise, "We're almost there!"

Arriving to their destination, Lance and his team quickly stopped at once. They saw the old yet badly damaged bridge that leads to the ancient temple ahead.

"What are we waiting for?! Let's go now!" Gallus asked frantically and fearfully.

"Uh, hello! The bridge is the problem! Everypony knows that once you crossed the old bridge, it'll break! All of us will fall into it!" Sandbar exclaimed in concern.

"Not issue for Pegasi, though," Heatwave commented.

"Time is wasting! Keep going now!" Lance shouted firmly, "We'll have to carry and fly over there now!"

As commanded; Lance and four flying creatures carried up their friends. Lance carried Shiroi on his back. Gallus held Sandbar's hooves. Arcee held Zecora on her back. Heatwave and Aero carried Zanda and Marini.

Just as they were about to fly over the bridge, one of the arrows hit on Heatwave's wing, prompting him to drop on the ground hard. They all turned back as they found more of Demon Buffalo Warriors were firing and raining the hail of arrows upon them, forcing Lance and his team to dodge and hid behind some large rocks. Shadow Crabs were charging straight at them.

"That went well," Aero grunted in frustration and annoying.

"What now?! We can't fly now!" Heatwave complained in frustration, with his wing being shot by an arrow.

Lance grunted as he summoned his Dual Blades, "We have no choice. Arcee, Aero, you guys are with me. We're gonna hold the enemy line now. Shiroi, get others to the temple now!"

Didn't like the idea of leaving Lance behind, Shiroi also knew that he and his team are buying them time to get inside the temple and find a way to seal off the portal before Quake gets his chance. She nodded firmly, "Alright, we will. Please, stay alive."

Lance gave his confident smirk, "Don't worry, Shiroi. You can count on us. He turned and looked at Arcee and Aero. He asked, "You guys ready?"

Arcee smirked while armed with both katana and wakizashi, "I am. Don't worry about me. I can handle it. After all, I was trained by your father."

Aero chuckled a bit as he armed himself with Lance of Justice, "I've been looking forward for this fight. I am ready!"

Lance nodded, "Alright, everyone! Hold the line now!"

Lance, Arcee and Aero charged straight at the Shadow Crabs, whom they have engaged and fought against. The blue humanoid dragon proudly and determinedly charged and battled against the shadow brute warriors. Both black Pegasus and pinkish Hippogriff Warrior stayed close together to defend each other while fighting and knocking the enemy off. They're all trying to reach and stop the archers but they were blocked and held back by Shadow Crabs. And at the same time, Shiroi and her team quickly walked on the bridge while dodging and evading the hail storm of arrows.

Shiroi and her team were almost reached to the temple's entrance. Couple of arrows have hit and cut off the ropes, causing the supports on damaged bridge to break. Gallus, Sandbar, Heatwave and Zanda have barely escaped and entered the entrance. Shiroi and two zebras held on the bridge's plank as its whole thing fell and slam against the wall.

Upon seeing his girlfriend's situation, Lance gasped, "SHIROI! No!"

Lance tried to go back and help Shiroi and others but he was blocked by more of Shadow Crabs. Arcee and Aero came to his aid and fend off the enemies.

Shiroi, Zecora and Marini struggled climbing up the vertical bridge's plank, trying to reach the top. And at the same time; Sandbar, Gallus and Heatwave tried to help and reach them. However, more of arrows flew, almost struck and hit them as they all barely dodged the attacks.

Luckily, the students managed to get Shiroi and Marini up. Zecora was the last to reach. Unfortunately, more arrows have been released and almost hit on them including damaging the bridge and injuring Zecora's hips, prompting her to scream and almost lose the grip. Luckily, Marini grab on her while Shiroi tried to use her levitation magic spell on her.

"Zecora, hold on! I've got you!" Marini called.

"M-Marini…" Zecora said in surprise. Marini smiled warmly while she and Shiroi tried to get her up. Unfortunately, more of arrows have been released and almost hit them again. She hissed, "You can't keep up with this!"

Marini hissed in frustration, "Yes, we can! I'm gonna let you down again! Never! So, hold on. We almost got you up!"

Touched by Marini's trying to help her, Zecora also knew that it would be dangerous for her and the rest of friends stayed there to help her as more arrows have been released and struck on them again especially one of them hit on Shiroi's chest. Heatwave and Sandbar dragged her to safety. She sighed in frustration as she knew what she must do now.

"Marini…" Zecora said sadly, shocking her friends. She sighed, "Forgive me, sister..."

Just before anyone could do anything, Zecora grunted as she forcefully pulled out her hooves from being held on by Marini. She's now falling into the depths of abyss. Everyone was in shock of what they saw.

"ZECORA!" Marini cried in shock and tears, "Nooooooooooooo!"

Just as Lance and his team were holding out the enemy attacks, they noticed something off with them. Shadow Crabs and Buffalo Demon Warriors quickly turned and retreated at once, shocking and confusing them. They then spotted Mabaya emerged out from the jungle forest, shocking and alerting them.

The decayed yet cursed elephant made another trumpet noise-like again, scaring Lance, Arcee and Aero to flap their wings and flew off at once. They quickly returned and entered the temple's entrance, meeting up with others.

"Everyone, alright?" Lance asked. Arcee and Aero nodded firmly. Shiroi and the rest of her friends remained silent. He knew what has happening. He sighed, "Damn it, Zecora… What was she thinking?!"

Marini cried tearfully, "Zecora always think of the land more than her life. She always wants to protect and save it as the shaman. She couldn't risk our lives." She grunted as she slammed her hoof on the ground hard, "Damn it, Zecora! Damn you being fool! I told you not to do something stupid."

"Now what?" Sandbar asked in concern.

"I don't believe Zecora's dead," Lance said firmly before sighed, "I'm gonna look for her now."

"But what about Dai Gui's portal? We can't just leave it alone," Aero asked in concern and fear, "Quake could be there by now."

"Not to mention, where's Zanda too?" Arcee asked anxiously.

Heatwave and Gallus looked at each other as they suspected that she might be responsible of dealing with Quake and Mabaya.

"We're gonna find Zanda and stop Quake from getting to the portal." Shiroi answered calmly. She turned and looked at Lance, "Lance, take Gallus and Arcee with you. There might be more troubles."

Lance nodded in agreement, "Sure. You'd be careful."

Shiroi nodded firmly and determinedly, "You too as well."

Shiroi and her team turned and entered the temple, finding the portal and Zanda as well. Lance, Gallus and Arcee flew off and dived into the abyss, hoping to find and locate Zecora. During their diving, Lance turned and looked at Gallus, with his serious looks.

"Yeah, Lance?" Gallus asked uneasily.

"Gallus, tell me what you know," Lance said seriously, surprising Gallus. He continued, "I want to know what happen to Zecora and Marini's friendship problem, and also Zanda. Something tells me that she's behind it."

Gallus nodded, "She is. She's up to something. Heatwave will keep his eyes on her. She's gonna show her ugly side."

Lance sighed, "Hope so. Hopefully, they can get to the portal in time."


Shiroi and her team were walking down the hallway, following Marini as she was using her glowing horn to locate the portal. And at the same time, they're keeping their eyes out for both Zanda and Quake. So far, they haven't found any of them from halls and chambers.

While continued searching, Shiroi noticed Marini was still looking down sadly yet hurt while not focusing on where the glowing horn was pointing at. She can tell that the zebra was upset over Zecora's 'demise'. She wished that she could help her out but what can she do. She then remembered why she and Lance were send here in the place. She decided to do it for finding out the problem and also help comforting Marini.

"Marini…" Shiroi called, getting Marini's attention. She then asked, "Can I ask you? Something personal?"

Marini sighed in shame, "You want to know more about my friendship and problem with Zecora, don't you?"

"Yes. But if you don't feel like talking about it, then-!"

"No, it's okay, my dear. I need to get off my chest about it."

"Will you include of how you and Zecora have friendship problem?"

Marini nodded a bit, "Yes…"


Flashback

Few years ago, when Marini was a filly, she was playing 'catch a ball' with Zanda and her friends until a ball bounced and knocked on young Zecora, who was reading the book. She approached and greeted her, and also apologized to her about the accident.

Just as Zecora returned the ball to Marini, the latter befriended and invited her to join her group. They both became close friends while enjoyed playing games and activities, working and studying together as a team, working on their daily jobs and so on.

Marini narrated, "For as long as I can remember, I met Zecora when we were just little fillies. She's not exactly sociable and wise as you remembered, and she doesn't have friends either. So, I befriended her and also invited her to become part of my group. We became very close friends and have fun together."

During the teenage years, Zecora was hospitalized due to her suffered leukemia. The doctors struggled treating her condition. Marini, Zanda and their friends looked helpless and scared to do anything to help their friend.

Suddenly, Prince Abraxas and Rafiki – an older wise male zebra with white beard worn the shaman robe and has the blue and reddish marks on his cheeks and face while holding the ancient staff with papaya fruit tied on it. The shaman gathered the necessary ingredients to mix and mash together while chanting in Sewali Language. He succeeded creating the liquid medicine. Rafiki helped Zecora drank it.

Five days have passed, Zecora's condition has improved and become healthy now. She awakened from her sleep. She was greeted by her friends, who told her what happened. She then met Prince Abraxas and Rafiki to greet her. She was touched and happy to meet them, and also inspired to become the shaman.

"When we were teens, Zecora was hospitalized because she suffered some leukemia in her body system. The doctors did their best to find a way to cure her sickness, but only get worst. Until one day, the Zebra Shaman named Rafiki came. He used both potions and some strange magic tricks to mix and create medicine for her to use. For next five days, she has become better. The old wise zebra inspired her to become the shaman."

After meeting the shaman, Zecora has decided what to do with her career – becoming the shaman. Though her friends didn't seem to be interested of it, they supported her to do it. Zanda and Marini decided to follow and join her in the shaman class, making certain that she's not alone.

Zecora and Zanda excelled and did well with potions, medicine and so on. Marini struggled of handling with her studies, but Zecora helped and assisted her to pass them. They remained close friends.

"Zecora decided to join the shaman class for her career. Though most of my friends are not interested, Zanda and I decided to follow and join her. Zanda also want to become shaman. But for me, I only joined to support and help her. To be honest, it was very challenging and difficult for me to keep up but I enjoyed working together with Zecora on both classes and projects. But then…"

Zecora was very close to become the shaman as she must not passed her final exam, with Marini be there to assist. Following her instruction, Marini provided all the necessary ingredient for her soon-to-be-shaman friend to complete her medicine.

Zecora provided the medicine for the patient to drink it. To his shock, he screamed in pain and agony as he suffered very critically pain in his system. Everyone panicked while trying to calm him down. Rafiki managed to create another antidote for the patient to drink. He is safe from harm. However, it does not bode well for Zecora as she has failed her exam and almost killed the patient.

"Zecora's very close to become the shaman. All she needs to do is pass her final test – creating cure for leukaemia. I did not have the chance but to help and support her with everything I've got. But that is where things gone wrong when I gave Zecora a wrong ingredient. The medicine almost killed the patient if not for Rafiki to save his life. Zecora failed her exam."

Zecora and Marini have serious argument and fight about the ingredients. The rest of their friends became scared and worried while Zanda smiled amusingly. As the argument worsened, Marini slapped on Zecora's face and called her out.

However, Marini has realized of what she has done. Just before she could apologize, Zecora cried and ran off at once. Everyone couldn't help but feel pity and shame about it. On the next day, Marini and her friends went to their friend's home to apologize but found out that Zecora has already left and head to Equestria now.

Because of what happened, Marini couldn't help but cried in tears of shame and upset about losing her friends.

"It was an accident. I tried to apologize to Zecora but she blamed me for ruining her chance and career. We argued and fought with each other until I slapped her face and calling her out for being 'selfish'. I've crossed that line. And the next day, I know is that Zecora left and went to Equestria. I didn't get the chance to apologize."

Flashback Ends…


After listening to Marini's story, Shiroi and her friends feel pity and sad for her. The zebra remained silent while looking at the glowing horn, pointing on north.

"That is rough…" Sandbar commented in concern.

"I'm sorry, Marini," Shiroi apologized. She sighed, "Lance and I should have solved the friendship problem first before we go after Quake, then Zecora would have been safe."

Marini shook her head in disagreement, "I do not think so, Shiroi. It would end up like now." She sighed in defeat, "Still… I wish I could tell her how much I'm sorry and missed her so much. But now, she's gone."

Heatwave hissed, "Hey, come on, Marini! She's not dead yet. Lance and others are looking for her."

Aero nodded, "Indeed. Do not lose hope. They will find her. Once we see her again, then you'll tell her how you feel."

Though not convinced, Marini could not help but hope that Zecora would return to her safely. She gave them a comfort and calm nodded.

"Let's focus on the mission now. We can't let Quake open the portal for his father out," Shiroi said firmly. She held the glowing flower out, "Trust me. You don't wanna see his ugly face when he's angry."

Marini nodded, "Understood. Let's hope that Zecora's effort of creating the banishment spell did not waste."

"Yeah. Hopefully we can find that bitch," Heatwave said firmly.

Shiroi and her friends headed off at once, continued their search now.


As Shiroi and her team continued travelling down the hallway, they heard some shouts from the distance. As they arrived behind the entrance, they found Zanda and Quake were shouting and arguing with each other. Almost everyone couldn't believe in their own eyes of what they just saw.

"I knew it!" Heatwave snapped softly.

"I don't believe it…" Sandbar commented in shock, "She works for Quake?!"

"Zanda… How could you?" Marini asked in disbelief.

"I can bet that she's behind Zecora's friendship problem and this mess as well." Aero said dryly.

Shiroi nodded in agreement, "Yeah. That sums it up."

"Honestly, why can't you wait until I give the signal?!" Zanda asked in annoyance, "It's simple! Wait for my signal!"

Quake growled, "Quake hates waiting! Wants to finish this now!" He picked and slammed the Pan'ku Box on her, "Now finish it!"

Zanda groaned, "Of all the idiotic clients I have to work for. Makes me wish to work for Storm Kingdom."

Zanda approached to the wall painting as she held the Pan'ku Box in front of it. For the moment, the box glowed brightly before fired the beam on the wall. It then created the large portal. Dai Gui firmly and angrily marched out from it. He gave a loud roar.

Dai Gui roared proudly, "Dai Gui is free!"

"Just as I promised you." Zanda commented amusingly. Quake knocked her off to the wall. She groaned, "A little 'thank you' wouldn't hurt!"

"Shut up!" Quake snapped dryly. He then bowed humbly to the ground before his father, "Father, welcome home!"

"Yes. Home, at last! Thank you, Quake," Dai Gui said in relief. He growled at Zanda, "Who is this accursed servant pony?"

"Zebra, you moron! I am servant to no one!" Zanda snapped angrily. Dai Gui and Quake snorted a bit while shrugged. She groaned in frustration, "Like father, like son. Should have known."

"I should have known that you worked with them!" Marini snapped angrily as she stepped out from the entrance. Shiroi and her friends stood beside with her. She continued, "How long have you been working with these monsters?!"

Zanda scoffed while glaring at Marini, "Since last week when that idiot demon come and attack us. Prince Abraxas has done a lot of damages to him. Luckily, I helped patch him up."

"Why?! Why did you betray our prince and us?! What have we done to you, Zanda?!" Marini demanded angrily.

"Simple. Zanda was denied to become the shaman by Rafiki." Heatwave answered firmly, shocking his teammates and surprising Zanda. He continued, "Yeah, I did some research from Marini's home. Rafiki deemed you too irresponsible and sociopath with unquestionable ethic to create magic and dangerous potion for experimenting on Farasians."

"What?!" Everyone asked in disbelief and shock.

"H-How?! How did you figure this out?!" Zanda asked in disbelief.

"Earlier from Black Panther Palace, both you and Quake gave me and Gallus some hints." Heatwave answered firmly and calmly, surprising everyone. He explained, "Quake wasn't attacking Prince Abraxas. He was trying to get you, Zanda. He was getting impatient with you for not helping him to find and get the portal because you don't know how to create the locator spell. And best of all, you weren't just angry but happy to see him get beaten up by Prince Abraxas as a lesson for bothering her."

"Unbelievable…" Aero said in disgust.

"There's more. She's responsible of making Zecora failed her final exam, not Marini!" Heatwave added firmly, shocking Marini and the rest of his team.

"You're responsible of Zecora's Friendship Problem?!" Shiroi asked in disbelief.

Zanda groaned, knowing that there is no point to deny it, exclaimed, "Yes, I did. I did it to spite and ruin her!"

Everyone was in shock and disbelief. Sandbar grumbled at Heatwave, "How did you come up with this stuff?"

Heatwave stuck his tongue at him, "They don't call me 'Captain of the Guard' for nothing. Plus, I'm smarter than you too. Plus, I'm way cooler than you."

Sandbar groaned, "Oh, I really hate you."

Marini hissed angrily while glaring at Zanda, "Why?! Why did you sabotage Zecora's final exam?!"

Zanda growled angrily while glaring at Marini, "Something that you and none of our friends would understand me! She has stolen everything including my dream to become greatest shaman of this land! She thinks she's better than me?! I think not! No zebra could be better than me!"

"Zecora is a better shaman than you, Zanda! She will always help and save the innocents without compromising her morality or seeking the glory!" Marini snapped angrily and firmly. She then shed some tears in anger, "And you ruined her friendship and career. And now you killed my friend. I will never forgive you…"

Zanda scoffed, "I don't remember asking forgiveness, fool."

"Well, we're gonna take you down now," Shiroi said determinedly and firmly.

Shiroi and her team armed themselves for the fight against Zanda, Dai Gui and Quake. Just before they could do anything, the demonic buffalo-like father and son stomped their feet on the ground, causing the fissure towards them. It then created couple of holes for them to fall in and get trapped at once. They're all struggled to get out from there.

"Dai Gui is tired of this nonense!" Dai Gui snarled angrily. He scoffed, "Now that I'm freed, I can finally begin rebuilding my kingdom!"

Quake chuckled, "Yes, father. We shall start with revenge with the Black Panther Prince! He shall regret for delaying my effort to free you!"

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Do whatever you want," Zanda commented as she took out couple of potions while glaring at her former friends, "I have someone to finish off first."

Marini growled, "Damn you, Zanda…"

As Zanda approached to her former friends, she was prepared to pour yellowish potion on them. Unexpectedly, something thrown straight to the ground, causing a small explosion to blow her and her allies off at once. And at the same time, Shiroi and her team got thrown out from the trapped holes. They all grunted in pain while still recovering from surprise attacks.

As Shiroi and her friends slowly got up, they then found Lance and his friends stood before. What surprise them is bruised Zecora is standing beside with her friends.

"ZECORA!" Shiroi and her team shouted in surprise.

"No!" Zanda exclaimed in disbelief.

Marini almost wanted to cry while looking at Zecora, "Y-You're alright! Thank the Black Panther!"

"Yes, I am, my friend. I have heard everything," Zecora said calmly while hugged Marini.

"You found her!" Shiroi asked in surprise.

Lance nodded, "Yeah. We found her on the shore. We managed to get her out of there."

"And of course, I told Lance and Arcee of what really happen," Gallus added, "And Heatwave solved the mystery too."

Arcee sighed, "For a wise and perverted Pegasus, he's quite smart."

Departing from hugging her, she turned and glared at Zanda. Zecora spoke firmly, "I should have known that it was you, who ruined my career and friendship! You could not stand with me being a shaman while all you ever did is keep repeating the same mistakes, same problems and same failures. You are the reason why I cannot stand with you especially turning me against my own friends!"

"Oh! Boohoo! Zecora! I don't give the crap!" Zanda exclaimed in annoyance, "All I ever want is to become the shaman. And you've stood in my way for too long!"

"Giving the same excuse as always, I see," Zecora rhymed in annoyance, "No many lessons can help and guide you to perform the righteous way. You are the disgrace not as shaman, but as zebra."

Zanda groaned, "Enough with your stupid rhyme. Let's end this!"

"Agreed!" Dai Gui and Quake roared, "Warriors, come!"

As commanded, the army of Demon Buffalo Warriors and Shadow Crabs emerged out from the shadowy portals. Dai Gui and Quake gave the loud battle cry as they all led the army and charged straight at Lance and his team, who responded and engaged the enemy head on.

Lance and Shiroi teamed up to fight off Dai Gui. The students are engaging Quake. Zecora and Marini fought Zanda. And at the same time, they also battled and fought against the army as well. Though Demon Buffalo Warriors and Shadow Crabs have proven to be strong and tough soldiers to deal with, Lance and his team managed to fight and defeat them.

Wanted the revenge on the children for imprisoning him in Netherworld, Dai Gui roared angrily as he swung and slammed his punches on Lance and Shiroi. They both dodged and evaded the attacks as quickly as they can. And at the same time, the white unicorn summoned her Barrier to block and deflect the attacks, allowing the black Pegasus to charge and swung his Dual Blades at the Demon Lord of Earth, who has thick skin to withstand and block the attacks while punching back at him. As Lance struck and clashed his Dual Blades on the buffalo-like demon, Dai Gui scoffed as he used his Geokinetic Power to levitate a large boulder to throw and ram him off. His fists are coated by rocks, he used his Earthquake Punches at the black Pegasus's face and body for couple of times. Before he could finish her, he got blasted by Shiroi's Hikari Shots. She approached and healed her boyfriend as quickly as she can. Unfortunately for them, the Demon Lord of Earth sent his minions to attack them. Both of them fought and battled against them. Still using Barrier to defend against the attacks, Shiroi fired Hikari Shots at Shadow Crabs. Lance swung and struck his Dual Blades with Falcon Wing Deflect style to block the attacks and Blazing Dragoon Strikes to fight off Demon Buffalo Warriors.

As the couples were busy deflecting the attacks, Dai Gui dug out a hole and then travelled underground. He emerged out behind them. He then stomped on the ground, causing serious quakes and making them drop to the ground. Just before they could do anything, he quickly used his Burial to trap them to the ground. Dai Gui smirked as he armed himself with Earthquake Punch while his minions armed and aimed their weapons at Lance and Shiroi.

"Finally, Dai Gui finally has his revenge!" Dai Gui declared happily, "You two first, then the little ones especially that traitorous Yue! I will devour all of them, then I will rebuild my kingdom!"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but you're gonna have to wait!" Shiroi exclaimed determinedly as she unleashed Blind Light, blinding Dai Gui and his army.

"Bet on it," Lance nodded in agreement as he used Dual Blades' Dragon Cross Strike, freeing himself and his girlfriend out.

Lance and Shiroi armed themselves for the second round of the fight. Dai Gui roared in anger as he and his minions charged again. Lance used both Oblivion Dragon Blade's Night Curse Strike and Oathkeeper Blossom Blade's Dawn Blade Strike at Dai Gui, who used both his Geokinesis Powers and Earthquake Punches against him back. And at the same time, Shiroi fired her Hikari Shots at both Demon Buffalo Warriors and Shadow Crab while fighting them off.

Arcee and her team surrounded Quake, who was growling and snarling at them while preparing to strike them down. Just as Arcee and Aero charged and engaged them at once, the Demon Prince of Earth roared angrily as he summoned the Burial on them. Just before he could do anything, Heatwave fired his arrows at him, backing him off while giving Sandbar and Gallus the time to help free their friends out. As Heatwave continued firing his arrows, Quake grew annoyed and frustrated with it as he summoned the Earthen Walls for defense while slammed his left foot on the ground, creating the earthquake upon them. They all fell to the ground. He charged and attacked them at once.

Quake almost pounced on Sandbar and Gallus. Aero jumped and pushed the Demon Prince back to the ground. Both of them were rolling around and punching on each other for couple of times. And at the same time, Arcee grabbed and held Sandbar and Gallus up.

"Sandbar, Gallus, get to safety now!" Arcee ordered firmly, surprising them. She continued while armed with her katana and wakizashi, "Leave the fight to us."

Sandbar and Gallus looked concern to ask, "But-!"

"Don't argue our Senior! Get going!" Heatwave interrupted firmly. He then gave cocky smirk, "No worry, kid. We're not gonna die."

Sandbar and Gallus hissed in concern as they nodded reluctantly. They turned and headed off at once, get to their safety. Arcee and Heatwave turned and faced off Quake, who just thrown Aero off to the wall. The cocky Captain of the Guard fired his arrow, backing the enemy off while allowing the pinkish Hippogriff to engage him. Quake angrily blocked and punched against Arcee, who swiftly and quickly dodge the attacks while fighting back against him for couple of times.

Both of them were busy fighting with each other for couple of times until Demon Buffalo Prince stomp his foot, summoning small rock for the Hippogriff to trip. He was about to stomp on her if not for the cyan dragon dashed and rammed him off. Quake grunted as he managed to stand firmly and fought against Aero and Arcee, who swiftly and quickly dodge the attacks while fighting back. And at the same time, Heatwave fired his arrows on him from all directions. Unfortunately, this infuriated and annoyed him to slam his fist on the ground, unleashing earthquake to knock them off to the ground. Just before he could finish them off, he got hit by pebbles from Sandbar and Gallus. This allowed Aero to summon Thunderstorm on Quake while Arcee dashed and kicked him off. Quake fell to the ground hard.

Arcee turned and glared at Sandbar and Gallus, "Really?!"

"Sorry!" Sandbar and Gallus apologized.

"Bad guy's coming back! Besides, we could use some help now!" Aero said determinedly while looking at Quake's getting up/

Heatwave nodded, "Yeah. Try not to slow us down, Sandy."

"It's Sandbar!" Sandbar exclaimed in annoyance.

Arcee and Aero charged and attacked Quake, who fought back. And at the same time; Heatwave, Sandbar and Gallus armed and fired their arrows and pebbles at him.

Zecora and Marini are facing off Zanda, who smirked gleefully while holding the Summoner Gem.

"The Summoner Gem?!" Zecora asked in shock. She gasped, "Don't tell me-!"

Zanda smirked as she threw her Summoner Gem out. It opened and summoned Mabaya out. It shocked and scared Zecora and Marini. The ancient elephant gave the loud trumpet noise.

"Mabaya?!" Marini asked in shock, "You're its master?! How?!"

Zanda smirked cockily while patted Mabaya's back, "You bet. I've found this guy when he was drifting away from wherever he came from. He was badly hurt and almost died if not for me. He is now my faithful friend."

"But, also your arsenal and weapon. Just like how you think of shaman because you can use any kind of potions and ingredients to make weapons, instead of saving lives." Marini said in disgust, "How despicable of you, Zanda."

"I am, am I not?" Zanda asked playfully and amusingly. She then laughed out loud, "Well, then. After I'm done with you, then I'll go after the Prince and Rafiki. Those two will regret for not promoting me to be the shaman."

Zecora nodded firmly, "We will stop you, Zanda. For treason against the Farasi!"

Zanda smirked as she climbed on Mabaya's back. She declared, "Go ahead and try, my old friends." She gave the loud battle cry, "Mabaya, charge!"

Mabaya gave the loud yet scary trumpet noise, scaring and prompting both Zecora and Marini to panic and run for their lives. The Heavytusk gave chase after them both as it was trying to ram and knock them out. They both barely dodge and evade the attack. As he turned around, he unleashed the Frozen Mist on them. Zanda also threw couple of potions. They yelped as they quickly dodge and evade the attack while running away from the attacks. One of them crashed on the ground, creating vines to emerge and coil Marini. The cursed ancient elephant was about to slam his feet on her. Seeing her friend in danger, Zecora quickly turned around and then throwing couple of gray potions, which exploded into smokescreen, blinding the elephant. She quickly helped free Marini out from the vine. They quickly ran off at once.

Recovering from being blinded, Zanda found her enemies are trying to escape. She screamed angrily while nudged Mabaya to chase after them. Heavytusk tried to ram and swing his trunk at them while the sociopath shaman threw more of dangerous potions on them, but keep missing. Despite able to dodge and evade the attacks, Zecora and Marini barely dodge the attacks while getting exhausted and tired as well.

"Zecora, we can't keep up with this!" Marini exclaimed in concern.

Zecora panted, "I know. But what can we do?! Mabaya is too strong for us to fight back. All we can do is run!"

Marini groaned, "There must be something we can do like magic potion or something!"

Zecora gave some quick thoughts while looking at her bag. She hissed, "There is one way to stop her. We have to use it. Used my failed medical potion!"

Marini looked shocked and disbelief to ask, "What?! Are you crazy?! And you kept it for a long time?! Why?! To remember how much you hate me?!"

"No! To remind myself to never make the mistake again," Zecora explained in shame tone, surprising Marini. She sighed, "Marini, I should never have blamed you for what you did to me. I should have listened and believed in you because you're my best friend and closest sister I ever had. I regret for hurting you."

Marini sighed, "Oh, Zecora. I too am sorry for hurting you too. You will always be my friend. The best shaman we ever had."

Zanda groaned in disgust, "Don't you ever shut up?! It's getting on my nerve!"

"Like you ever understand!" Zecora snapped angrily. She turned and looked at Marini, "Do you trust me?"

Marini nodded firmly, "With my life, old friend." She turned and glared at Zanda, "Zanda, come and get me! Zecora isn't the only, who crushed your dream! I also did it because you're a loser!"

Zanda screamed angrily, feeling offended, "Marini, I'm gonna destroy you now!"

Zanda nudged Mabaya, which gave a loud wild yet angry trumpet noise. He turned and chased after Marini, who did her best to dodge and evade their attacks as quickly as she can. And at the same time, Zecora went to the chamber's entrance, where she quickly made a quick mixing and mashing up the potion, creating the failed leukamia cure potion.

While insulting and making fun of her former friend, Marini did her best to run as fast and swift as she can, though she's getting tired and exhausted. Zanda and Mabaya were getting very close to her while trying to take her down. At the very last moment, Zanda threw a dangerous explosive potion on the ground, exploding and knocking her to the ground. Just as she was recovering, she found Mabaya stood before her. Zanda armed with her last explosive potion.

"Bye-bye, my friend," Zanda remarked playfully with goodbye wave.

"GOODBYE TO MABAYA!" Zecora shouted determinedly.

Just before anyone could do anything, Zecora screamed out loudly as she threw couple of failed leukamia cure potions at Mabaya. The decayed Heavytusk gave the painful trumpet noise, feeling the potion's melting and burning its skin, jumped and stomped around madly and wildly. It even shook Zanda off from his back as she's unable to hold on him. And at the same time, she accidentally dropped the explosive potion on him, which ignited and engulfed the ancient elephant in blazing flames.

Zanda grunted in pain, recovering from the fall. She saw Mabaya is melting and disintegrating into ashes.

"MABAYA! Noooooooooooooo!" Zanda screamed in sad and agony. She then cried tearfully and madly, "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

Marini and Zecora approached to Zanda, who is now suffering mental breakdown while witnessing the death of her pet. They couldn't help but feel pitiful to her for being so lonely but also contain anger yet sadness of wanting to make her dream come true while distancing herself from friends.

Lance and his team have managed and succeeded defeating and killing the army of Demon Buffalo Warriors and Shadow Crabs. They cornered Quake and Dai Gui to the corner.

"Time to go back to home, demons!" Shiroi said firmly while holding the glowing flower.

"No!" Quake and Dai Gui shouted in concern and fear.

Quake snarled, "I forgot about the anti-banishment spell! We must escape now!"

Dai Gui growled, "This is not over, ponies!"

Just as Shiroi blasted her ancient banishment flower at Dai Gui and Quake, the Shadow Crabs quickly formed and summoned the portal for them to escape before getting hit. Everyone was annoyed and frustrated that they're unable to stop them in time.

"They got away…" Lance cursed angrily and annoyingly.

Shiroi patted Lance, "We'll get them another time." She turned and looked at Zecora and Marini hugging each other warmly. She smiled, "I'd say we managed to solve friendship problem."

Lance nodded firmly, "Yeah. Thanks to Heatwave and Gallus."

Heatwave and Gallus scoffed while waved cockily, making the rest of their friends annoyed and irritated with them for being cocky for their success.


Though failed to stop Dai Gui's escape, Lance and his team managed to capture and sending Zanda to asylum for her treatment when they returned to Zebrat safely. To thank Lance and his team for saving the Farasi, Prince Abraxas held the victory celebration for their heroes, which the locals were happy about it.

During nighttime, the local celebrated enjoyably and happily by dancing, singing and having fun before the guests. Lance and his team including Zecora and Marini were sitting down on guest's table, with Prince Abraxas and his other three rulers were on their royal tables. Rafiki was standing beside with him. The zebra prince nodded to his shaman, who nodded a bit. Rafiki gave the howling monkey noise, silencing the locals.

While standing up, Prince Abraxas spoke up firmly with tone of pride yet humble,

"My people, let us give thanks to these brave heroes including Mayor Marini and Zecora for not only stopping and capturing the traitor, but also saving our land falling into her hooves. So, let us celebrate for their victory and saving our land. We are grateful for them!"

The Farasian cheered and gave the round of applause. Prince Abraxas continued with his speech.

"So, in return for their heroics, the council have decided to form the alliance with Equestria to protect both ours and their land, as well as making friendship with ponies as well. Just as Zecora has done for the pony land. Should the enemy ever cross us again, we shall make a stand and fight to protect our land and friends. They shall know that Black Panther is standing beside with us and fight till the last of his breath!"

The Farasian cheered wildly and happily. Prince Abraxas turned and nodded to Rafiki. The wise Shaman humbly and firmly stood up as he made his speech, "And above else, the council and I have decided to not only promote Zecora as the new shaman, but also zebra representative and friendship ambassador for our people. Let us celebrate for her honor!"

The Farasian including Lance's Team and Marini's Team gave another cheers and applause for Zecora's promotion. Zecora was touched and amazed by this news as she blushed a bit. Her old friends jumped and hugged her happily while cheering out loud. Both Prince Abraxas and Rafiki approached to her. They're all bowed humbly before them.

"Congratulation, Shaman Zecora. You have made me proud. We're counting on you now, my dear apprentice," Rafiki said warmly.

Zecora nodded, "I will not fail you, sir."

"I know. You will never let us down. Keep up with your work, my friend," Prince Abraxas said calmly. Zecora nodded proudly and firmly. He smiled as he held his drink up. He cheered, "Farasi Forever!"

Farasian cheered, "FARASI FOREVER!"

The Farasian gave another applause and cheers as the celebration continues. Zecora and Marini turned and looked at Lance and his team.

"Thank you, friends," Zecora said warmly.

"Indeed. You have help us restore our friendship. We're in your debts," Marini thanked humbly. Lance and his friends smiled and bowed back. She then noticed something about Lance and Shiroi's flank. She asked, "Is something wrong with you?"

Lance and Shiroi looked at their flanks. To their surprise, their cutie marks were glowing brightly. They both smiled warmly and happily that they have solved the friendship problem.

"No. We're alright. We solved the friendship problem," Shiroi said calmly.

Lance nodded, "Yeah. Mission Accomplished."

Heatwave sighed, "Finally. But now it looks like Lockdown's gonna whoop our flanks when we get back."

Sandbar scoffed, "Yeah. He's really gonna kick yours."

Arcee nodded, "Or probably give you five weeks of detention."

"Oh, man." Heatwave panicked and screamed frantically, "I, uh, changed my mind! I think I'll stay here for a couple more days!"

"Oh brother…" Everyone grumbled in annoyance while listening to Heatwave's ranting about staying at Farasi and not getting in trouble with Mr. Lockdown.

END…

Review and suggest…

Main Casts:

Jesse McCartney: Lance Justicestrike

Hayden Panettiere: Shiroi Bai

Brenda Circhlow: Zecora

Letita Wright: Marini

Mela Lee: Zanda

Kevin Michael Richardson: Quake

Jack DeSena: Heatwave

Vincent Tong: Sandbar

Gavin Langelo: Gallus

Ashley Eckstein: Arcee

Steven Burton: Aero

Minor Casts:

James Mathias III: Prince Abraxas

Frank Welker: Dai Gui, Mabaya

Forest Whitaker: Rafiki

Dove Cameron: Dust Devil

Daisy Lightfoot: Medley Brook

Linda Larkin: Cactus Rose

Melanie Minichino: Crystal

Author's Note:

1) I really didn't like MLP: FIM Season 10 comic, which involved of Elements of Harmony. Originally, it was created by Tree of Harmony, but planted by The Pillars of Old Equestria. Then, suddenly, it turned out that there were more of them for everyone to use. I really hate the 'mess-up origin' because it creates too complicated and messy origins, defeating the purpose of why it was there and meant to be, unless it's different universe.

- Therefore, I stand with my own origins and history of how it goes – Elements of Harmony and the Tree are created by Hikari, the Mystic Guardian of Light. While they still can be wielded by everyone with only pure goodness until the chosen ones with specific traits appeared and used the true power to fight off the greater threat.

2) This episode is an important tribute to Chadwick Boseman, who passed away on 28 August 2020. Therefore, Prince T'Challa Chadwick Abraxas is named after him and his best role in MCU, plus I added Black Panther skills and powers within him as well.

3) Zanda and Mabaya are P-for-Phantasm's OC, which was based after Princess Zanda from Avengers Assemble TV Series while the decayed Heavytusk is based on Mabaya from The Legend of Tarzan.