• Published 30th Oct 2020
  • 265 Views, 8 Comments

A Wayfinders Guide to Equestria - Ellery Quinn



An adventurer shares his tales of hundreds of years of traveling the multiverse starting with Equestria...

  • ...
 8
 265

The Author

Author's Note:

Our cast so far (only people encountered already, if you're wondering based on the tags)...
The Author: no data confirmed
The Transformed and displaced
Arvax: a unicorn mare
Ellory: An earth pony (they finally got around to visiting her)
Brynn: a dragon wizard
Jordan: A pegasi
Philip: a gryphon
Will: The half-elf
The Antagonists
Meerak: A lich
Minions: Various monsters including the shadows
The people already here
Twilight sparkle: An Alicorn
Spike: A Dragon/ Twilight's #1 assistant

Dnd statistics for our heroes shall be cooked up and linked to later.
We now return to our story.

That embarrassing scene last chapter was a very good exercise In watching where you are going. I was about to call it quits when the moment I was about to give up I heard a clacking reminiscent of a typewriter and a figure appeared in front of me, incorporeal with a malicious grin on his face. "Giving up so soon o great one?"

"Who are you and what is your business here" I shouted out to the figure. He simply grinned even wider and said to me, "I am a teller of tales, a sculptor of world's. You Meerak have a role to play. You will get the sword and bring it to me."

I looked at him and said, "Why should I believe you are more than a phantasm, a figment of my mind, an illusion."

Suddenly Meerak felt pain, greater than what he had felt for century's.

"I'll do anything! Just make it stop!" I pleaded, helpless for the first time in centuries. "Bring me the sword, or I will edit you out of the story."

Nevertheless I agreed. and in the blink of an eye, the figure vanished, and the pain stopped. Only a malevolent chuckle on the wind, almost inaudible, showed any sign he was there. I do not know what he meant by editing me out, but I was not taking any chances.

To be continued (with a longer chapter next time.)...