• Published 30th Oct 2020
  • 259 Views, 8 Comments

A Wayfinders Guide to Equestria - Ellery Quinn



An adventurer shares his tales of hundreds of years of traveling the multiverse starting with Equestria...

  • ...
 8
 259

Back to the main story

Author's Note:

Now that I have taken care of our pirate broadcaster back to the story.

Now that I have hopefully cleared up the signal hijacking , back to the story.

I beg to differ, but I'm only waiting in the background

Anyway...

As I was saying before I was interrupted, after sufficiently explaining myself and having the history of this realm explained (and finding I had become a unicorn), Twilight seemed interested in my world. "Your world doesn't sound like the human world I went to."

I simply replied, "You've been to my world ? If so, you must've not seen much."

I was hiding nearby, had my shadows (which now seemed to be shaped like equines) blocking off any escape routes, and I jumped to try and grab the sword which was on the bed stand nearby.

Am I going to have to get used to you interrupting?

Yes.

Anyways, I had just gotten up to find my friend when suddenly, a cloaked figure came out of nowhere and grabbed my sword off the bed stand of the hospital cot. I tried to tackle him but he raised a hand and a glimmering shield of purple energy popped out of nowhere and repelled me, sending me slumping against the bed. I quickly galloped after him while the figure ran off cackling and yelling, "The Lych is in the zone, baby!"

The Lych did not say that.

Who's telling this you or me?

This initiated a chase through the castle where occasionally something tripped me when i least expected it (My shadows do their work so well!), Twilight sending off magical bolts from her horn (Childs play to block, but it burns through spell slots ), and a random encounter with 1d8 bugbears (this ain't a dnd crossover without wandering monsters, no matter how improbable).

I had nearly slipped away while they dealt with the bugbears when a portal opened up above my head and I was crushed beneath 4 figures, a gryphon, a dragon, a pegasi, and a half-elf. I came to in reformed in front of my phylactery, minus the sword, and my shadows pulled along with me. Curse the god of deus ex machina! Though I did have a book I swiped from the library which I could use as a focus to crack open a portal.

I recognized the groaning of the figures from my dnd campaign whenever one of my players rolled a one. "Guys? How the heck did you get here?" I heard one voice pop up and explain the following.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi this is Jordan, I play the cleric in Arvax's D&D campaign. When he disappeared, we were the first to start looking for him. When we heard about the guy he was last seen buying a sword from we went to his house to interrogate him. The other players in the campaign accompanied me. Brynn our wizard, Will, the thief (perhaps not just in-game, rumor is he's the head of a small time hacking team, though we can't prove it), and Philip, our fighter. Ellory was our druid, but she'd disappeared along with our DM so she was not present.

We found the guy out back, doing a game of solitaire. while supervising the garage sale. He was wearing a shirt which said 'Its called splash damage you crybabys, suck it up or go whine to the cleric.'

Brynn marched right up to him, looked him right in the eye, and said through gritted teeth, "What. Did. You. Do. To. Our. Dungeon. Master!"

The guy looked unfazed and simply said "Oh, that kid. you want to try and go to where he is?"

Brynn said/ growled "Of course we do! "


The guy, had us come into his basement where he made a chalk pentagram on the floor. "I'll need you to stand on your heads in the middle of the pentagram " I replied with a confused look on my face, "Why?"

"Magic follows it's own logic. As i'm sending you to a world which will turn your conceptions of reality upside down, you need to stand on your head so we can fool the spirits which oversee the dimensional boundary's so we can send you through, though even then you may change to match the native creatures. "

"But that doesn't make sense!"

"It's wonderland logic, it makes sense in an abstract way, like the stuff in alice in wonderland."

Than he put on a pointy hat, started turning widdershins around the circle while chanting these words

"mazakala
sucop sucoh
Cthulhu
ballyhoo
alakazam
hocus pocus"

And then a wormhole opened up beneath us we fell in, felt our physical bodies dissipate and reform differently, and we all fell from the ceiling crushing a cloaked figure.

The Author looked down the portal and smiled, everything was falling into place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was amazing to see my friends again and after a group hug, some introductions, and an explanation, we realized something we overlooked. "What the hay happened to that cloaked guy?" I simply replied, I think he said something about being a lych, which might explain it."

But before I could, Twilight seemed to pull a big tome out of nowhere and start searching through, "Lych, Lych, where is it, i remember seeing it in here. Oh yes 'A lych is a type of undead creature. Often such a creature is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect and soul to his phylactery and thereby achieve a form of immortality' which means it probably reformed near his phylactery" I was speechless for a few moments.

"What she said. I have a weird feeling we'll see that creep again."

Omniscient words as you will see...

To be continued...