• Published 13th Oct 2020
  • 8,492 Views, 178 Comments

The End Rewritten - Frozen Feathers

  • ...
18
 178
 8,492

Wanted

Pain consumed the being that was known as Sunset Shimmer. Her fingers fused into one hoof, her legs snapped and bent, allowing for another joint. Sunset wanted to scream, but she couldn't. There was no air here, just swirling colors and agony. A sharp jolt of pain shot from her forehead where a single spiraling horn was growing and attaching itself to her brain. In this wormhole between dimensions, Sunset Shimmer could only writhe in agony and hope she'd pass out before long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what felt like an eternity in agony, Sunset felt something different. A cool breeze blew across her face and she felt a cool, hard floor under her as she was unceremoniously thrown from the other end of the portal. Struggling to her... four? Struggling to her four legs like a newborn Deerkin, she heard someone shouting at her. She barely had time to inhale deeply before vomiting all across the shimmering floor before her. More shouting. Who was shouting? She staggered a bit to her left and fell on her face, finally slipping into oblivion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pain consumed Sunset's body as she quietly rose to consciousness. A small, pained gasp left her mouth as the shock of awakening hit her body. She was unable to think, unable to move, as her muscles were consumed in agony. After a few minutes of simply breathing and allowing her brain to wake up, Sunset Shimmer was able to conquer the phenomenal task of... opening her eyes. Light glimmered off of every surface, causing Sunset to flinch. What kind of building would reflect light so sharply? Sunset Shimmer grumbled as her body became more aware. A soft mattress was cushioning her body and a heavy duvet pressed upon her chest. What had happened? She remembered shimmering lights and.. vomiting? Did she throw up at some point? She was unsure. Sunset opened her eyes again and let out a quiet sigh as this time, pain didn't overwhelm her mind. Golden light shone through a crack between the window curtains and shone brightly upon her body, filling her with warmth. More so than the sun normally had, the warmth filled her body and she felt love. Pure love filled her being, shining upon her coat. Sunset smiled and snuggled back into the bed. She was almost able to slip back into oblivion before the door quietly creaked open.

"Sunset?" a quiet, feminine voice questioned.

Sunset's ears swiveled on her head, aiming towards the sound as she forced her eyes to focus. A lavender blob moved towards the door, slowly forming itself into a familiar form.

"T-Twi..." she croaked out, her throat stinging with each sound. Twilight, seeing her friends pain, trotted towards the bed. Rearing slightly, she placed her front half partially on the bed and moved a hoof onto Sunset's.

"Hey, don't talk. Your body is still healing from the transformation. Here, drink up." A familiar shimmering sound met Sunset's ears as Twilight magically gripped a glass of ice water from the nightstand and floated it to Sunset's mouth. Carefully placing her muzzle on the rim of the glass, Sunset gratefully gulped down the water as Twilight spoke again. "You're in my castle, in a guest room in Ponyville. You showed up through the portal yesterday afternoon; you've been sleeping for just over 24 hours." she explained. Sunset finished the water with a soft sigh, and Twilight placed the glass back onto the nightstand. "I'm sure you're hungry, I'll have Spike make you some oatmeal. Do you want brown sugar in it?"

Sunset thought for a moment before nodding. Twilight smiled and made to leave the room, but Sunset gripped her hoof before she could. Twilight looked back with her head tilted in question. Unable to speak, Sunset could just mouth out the words 'thank you'. Twilight smiled and leaned forwards, giving Sunset an affectionate nuzzle.

"You don't have to thank me for anything. You are welcome and wanted and loved here." she said softly into Sunset's ear before she turned and left the room to help Spike prepare the food. Sunset sat there in shock for a moment, tears forming in her wide eyes and rolling down her cheeks. Allowing herself a small smile, Sunset wiped her tears and leaned back in the bed, relishing in the warm comfort that came with being wanted.

Author's Note:

Ok I know short chapter I'm sorry ><