• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 2,266 Views, 82 Comments

Vampirism - Someguy458



After an incident on Nightmare Night, Rarity starts turning into a Changeling.

  • ...
3
 82
 2,266

Chapter 7: Rarity In The Sky With Diamonds

Eventually, they broke up the hug and began to talk. While Hondo and Cookie were understandably frightened by this change, they made Rarity aware in no uncertain terms that they'd do whatever they could to support her.

Surprisingly, they insisted on staying for breakfast. Rarity asked for their reasons, and they listed the main two: it'd help them get accustomed to her changes, and it was a good excuse to spend time together as a family.

So naturally, Rarity accepted.


Twenty-seven minutes later, Rarity managed to convince Thorax to stop hiding in the bathtub and actually join them at the table. The Changeling quavered as he entered the dining room, the two parents carefully analyzing him as though he could explode at any moment. Tasting the air around them, he found not anger, but rather dread, as the main fuel behind their stares.

Not that it mattered; their stares probably could've melted lead.

"Mother, Father," Rarity began as formally as she could, "I'd like you to meet Thorax. Thorax, meet Cookie Crumbles and Hondo Flanks."

"H-h-hi..." Thorax stuttered. "I've, uh— i-it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Cookie stated simply. "We've heard a lot about you recently."

"Rarity here simply can't stop singing your praises," Hondo noted.

At that, Thorax blushed slightly. The parents took notice, and Sweetie gave him a sympathetic look, but nopony said anything.

Then Rarity cleared her throat. "Well, then, how about you four take a seat while I make some more haycakes?"

Sweetie Belle was the only one to take Rarity's offer; the other three eyed each other, not daring to move first. Huffing, Rarity used her magic to scoot all three of them closer to the table, with a reprimanding "Let's all be civil here". That broke them out of their standoff, and they took their spots at the table.

Nodding in satisfaction, Rarity headed back into the kitchen. Thankfully, Thorax had turned off the stove while they were busy panicking. She turned the knobs on the stove, and poured some more batter into the pan.

But as the batter began cooking, Rarity felt a peculiar sensation in the small of her back.

And then her back exploded with pain. She blurted out a very un-ladylike word as two razor-thin somethings began to rip out from beneath her skin, making her reel from the pain.

The rest of her family rushed in, alarmed by her language. "Rarity, what's wrong?!" Cookie gasped as she saw her daughter fall to her stomach.

Thorax saw the lumps on her back and gasped, "She's growing her wings!"

He dashed over to her side, moving quicker than any of them had ever seen him move. He immediately gave her his hoof, which she started squeezing, and started nuzzling the crook of her neck.

Hondo, Cookie, and Sweetie then arrived at her side, doing what they could to comfort her as well. The lumps on her back grew and shuddered, causing her to yelp out in pain and tighten her grip on Thorax.

SSSSLICE!

Finally, in one visceral moment, two semi-translucent wings burst out of her back, partially soaked in her now-green blood. Rarity's family gasped in disgust at the sight of it. Thorax flinched, but didn't say anything else; instead, he hocked a glob of Changeling Resin into his hoof, and began lightly applying it around the wounds to stop them from bleeding.

The worst of the pain finally over, Rarity took a moment to catch her breath. Once Thorax was done dressing the wounds, he stepped back to let her take inventory of herself.

Unfortunately, he was suddenly accosted by Hondo Flanks, who backed him up against a wall. "Alright, listen here, buddy," he began in a tone that left no room for argument, "Rarity may be vouching for you, but it's gonna take a lot more than that to win me over. Now, look me in the eye and promise that Rarity will not be caused any more harm by this, so far as you can help it."

Thorax looked the stallion in the eye, terrified out of his wits. Hondo may not have been the strongest creature the Changeling had ever seen, but he could certainly be intimidating when he wanted. "Y-yes, sir, I promise."

Thankfully, Cookie was there to pull her husband back. "That's enough, Hondie; he's just as worried as us, and making him wet himself won't solve anything."

He eyed the Changeling for another moment, before nodding and turning back to Rarity. "How're you doing, Rare?"

The fashionista, finally catching her breath, stood on shaky legs. Her brand new appendages twitched idly on her back as she took stock of herself. "Well, that was... Oww..."

Thorax rushed back to her side, helping her steady herself. "I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen, I—"

"Thorax," Rarity cut him off, "calm down! I'm fine now."

"B-but you're not!"

"But I am," the fashionista stated firmly, looking Thorax straight in the eye. "I may seem weak, but I can handle a bit of pain — no matter what my father says," she added, pointedly glaring at the stallion in question.

Thorax sniffled a little. "You promise?"

Rarity smiled back, "I promise."

The two sat there for a moment, finding some comfort in each other's presence. The other three, meanwhile, were standing off to the side awkwardly, until Sweetie Belle spoke. "So, uhh, you've got wings now?"

Rarity blinked, then turned her attention to her new appendages. "Yes, I suppose I do."

With minimal effort, she began to buzz her wings. She lifted off the ground for a moment, but her wings were still too weak to keep her airborne for very long. Even so, everyone stared, slack-jawed — including Thorax. "Woah, you're already flying!? It took me months to learn that!"

"Believe it or not," Rarity admitted with a smirk, "but this isn't the first time I've had wings."

Now everyone was intrigued. "Really?"

The fashionista nodded as she landed. "Twilight once made me fake wings so I could visit Cloudsdale and watch Rainbow Dash compete in an event. Although I may have gotten carried away and entered the contest myself."

Hondo Flanks gasped, "Wait a second, I think I remember seeing something about that in a newspaper! 'Flashy Pony Flies Too Close To Sun During Best Young Flier's Competition', if I remember correctly."

To that, Rarity blushed. "Not one of my proudest moments. I'm just glad Rainbow Dash was there."

Sweetie Belle was practically bursting with anticipation. "I gotta hear this story now!" This was met with unanimous agreement.

"Alright, if you insist. It all started when we were reorganizing Twilight's Library..."