• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 2,266 Views, 82 Comments

Vampirism - Someguy458



After an incident on Nightmare Night, Rarity starts turning into a Changeling.

  • ...
3
 82
 2,266

Chapter 3: Accept-Ants and Punishm-Ants

"...and that's when Luna came out and knocked us unconscious," Rarity finished recapping the events of that night. The others in the sitting room they'd moved to were smitten by the story.

"Woah," Spike commented, "dude's got some serious guts, running away like that. I know what it's like to feel different from your own species, but this..."

They all regarded the sleeping Changeling, who had been relocated to a nearby chaise lounge. "I'm so sorry, Rarity," Twilight apologized. "If only I'd been the one to greet you at the door, I might've been able to deduce what was going on, and I could've prevented this whole thing!"

Rarity waved her good hoof. "It's in the past now, darling. What's important now is that we're all on the same page."

Celestia reflected over what she'd just heard. "I'd say there's still the important issue of your infection, too," she pointed out.

With that comment, Rarity was suddenly reminded of the dull, throbbing pain in her injured hoof. She looked down at it, seeing that the skin around the bite was beginning to harden and turn black. "Ah yes, that... See, I was hoping that Twilight might be able to figure out a cure by taking a blood sample or something, then –"

Twilight cut her off, "I tried while you were knocked out." She levitated a vial of green blood into view, shaking her head. "It's completely resistant to my magic. And if Thorax says there isn't a cure..."

Rarity's heart sank. "Then that means..."

Twilight nodded. "I'm sorry, Rarity; we can't fix this."

That was the straw that broke the pony's back. Rarity began to tear up, whimpering. "I'm... I'm gonna... G-gonna turn..."

Celestia and Luna nodded solemnly, taking Twilight's word.

Rarity fearfully stared at her slowly transforming hoof, dreading to think of what would happen next. Would she lose who she was? Would she become shunned by society? What would her parents think of her? What about Sweetie Belle?

Finally, she couldn't hold it any longer; the tears started streaming down her face as she began to mourn the inevitable loss of the pony she'd worked so hard to become.

Twilight and Spike rushed over immediately, wrapping Rarity in a tight hug. "Rarity, it'll be okay," Twilight reassured her.

Rarity sobbed, "Th-that's what I told Th-Th-Thorax before he was at-t-t-tacked..."

Twilight and Spike gave each other a nervous glance, then leaned further into the hug. "If it makes you feel any better," Spike began, "This won't change my feelings towards you."

Rarity sniffled. "Thank you, Spikey-Wikey..."

Celestia allowed them a good while to get all their feelings out, before she spoke again. "Now, there's still the matter of Thorax himself. Intentional or not, he's permanently affected an Element of Harmony, and there needs to be repercussions. Seeing as you're the one who got hurt, Rarity, it only seems reasonable that you should decide his fate."

Rarity looked up from the group hug, thinking it thoroughly. "I'll wait until he wakes up, and then I'll decide."

Celestia nodded.


When Thorax awoke, he was surprised to find that he was atop a fancy chaise lounge, in an eloquent sitting room.

He was even more surprised to find Rarity silently sitting in a fancy chair and staring at the fireplace.

"Rarity?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "Where am I? Where'd the Princesses go?"

"They're waiting outside," Rarity replied, barely any emotion in her voice.

Thorax reeled at this. "Are you okay?"

She vacantly shook her head. "There's no cure."

Even though Thorax had known this already, his heart still burst at her tone. "I'm so, so sorry, Rarity. Believe me, if I could go back in time, I'd make sure this didn't happen."

She looked at him for the first time since he'd woken up, and he flinched at the tear stains he could see under her bloodshot eyes. "It's okay, I don't blame you; you were only acting in self defense."

Thorax got up from his seat, and approached Rarity. "But still! I attacked you, and now you're turning into a Changeling, a-and..." He began to tear up, too, but he kept going, "And I'll do anything I can to make it right. Whether you lock me in a dungeon or banish me to the furthest reaches of Equestria, or lock me in a dungeon in the furthest reaches of Equestria, I won't argue."

Rarity looked up at him, an idea jumping into her head. "Will you help me through this?"

He did a double-take, then smiled. "Of course."

She reached her hooves out, silently asking for a hug. Thorax gladly accepted.