• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 2,014 Views, 149 Comments

Spikenautica - PhysicistBrony

  • ...
1
 149
 2,014

Chapter 3: Pinkies fate

"Okay, let's see. What do I need to bring?" Spike muttered. After grabbing his flashlight, scanner, food, and water, he was ready to depart. Spike left the pod in a hurry as to make sure that Pinkie was alright. He checked the coordinates from Pinkie's message, then began to swim in the general direction of Pinkie's location.

Spike soon realised how far the swim would be and how his tank could only hold so much oxygen. "Shoot," said Spike, "If I leave with only this much, I won't be able to even save enough energy for the journey back." Spike decided to explore a short distance to see if he could find some other resources.

Soon after starting his exploring, Spike found a small chunk of the Aurora that had broken off while the Aurora was falling. "Well that's convenient," Spike thought. He started to swim towards the wreckage to see if he could recover anything. As he started to approach it, he saw that there were a lot of boxes outside of the wreck. He then swam towards the boxes to see if they had anything inside of them.

After he approached, he saw that a few had the fronts busted open and had different tools in various states of disrepair. He quickly grabbed out his scanner and started scanning the tools, not realizing that he needed to do that to recover lost blueprints. He scanned 3 seaglide pieces, 2 mobile vehicle bay fragments, and 4 grav trap fragments. After all that scanning he realized that the scanner turned excesses scanning into raw titanium that he could use to build some of these.

Spike started to return to his life pod, but stopped when he looked to his right and saw a huge kelp forest. He started to surface to allow his tank to refill, but then started towards the forest. He swam towards one of the kelp plants that had giant yellow things growing out of it. He scanned the yellow things and the kelp itself, then grabbed a "Seed cluster", as the PDA called it, and began to leave.

Suddenly Spike hears a roar and looks behind him to see a purple and white fish with an elongated snout start to swim towards him. He quickly looked around for a weapon, but only saw some salvage next to him. He quickly picked it up and tried to use it as a shield. The fish quickly bit the shield, and without breaking it, yanked away the shield from Spike and began to swim away.

Spike looked on in confusion, but decided not to press his luck, and then started to swim back to his life pod. After a short swim back, Spike climbed up into the life pod and breathed a sigh of relief. "Whatever that thing was, I don't think it wanted me so much as it wanted the metal salvage," Spike chuckled. Spike then remembered he was on a mission to find Pinkie Pie and anypony else out there.

He stood up and went over to the fabricator and checked to see if he could make more supplies for the journey. To his surprise he had a few new recipes to make, like the seaglide. He realized that with a seaglide, he could go help Pinkie, even if it meant he would have to swim normally on the return trip. He then began to look at what resources he would need to build it.

After checking, he was so glad he grabbed that seed cluster because he needed vehicle lubricant to build it, and the seed cluster made a natural lubricant once put through the fabricator. Then he grabbed a spare battery, some copper to make wires and a chunk of raw titanium. He started by putting in the copper to make wires, then put everything in to make the seaglide. "The seaglide will increase your effective exploration range. For your safety, pack extra supplies for long journeys, and stay within 5 km of the nearest life pod or habitat," the PDA told Spike.

"Well it's a good thing Pinkies life pod is only 500 meters away," Spike said with a happy tone. He then grabbed some extra food and water in case Pinkie needed it and started thinking about what else he should bring. "Well I won't need any raw materials like titanium or copper, so I'll put those away," Spike said while doing said action, "Though I should grab a medical kit, just in case one of us gets hurt." After grabbing his things he opened the bottom hatch and hopped in the water.

He grabbed out his seaglide and started to make his way towards Pinkies life pod. He soon realized just how diverse the ecosystem was here after almost having run into another kelp forest, seeing so many different fish, and seeing just how different all the animals were. While passing through the kelp forest, he grabbed a few more seed clusters so he could make more supplies. He then continued until all the kelp just kind of stopped like a wall and gave way to an open area full of rock towers and red grass, just like Pinkie had said.

After taking in the huge grassy area, he remembered why he was there. He set out towards Pinkies life pod, but stopped when he saw the sand shifting below him. He quickly played it off as his eyes were playing tricks on him, and after looking around, he saw Pinkies life pod. He then continued on his way towards the life pod, only to stop and stare in horror at the life pod.

There was a huge hole broken in from something out in the grassy area. It looked as if whatever did that decided to leave it alone once it was done. He quickly swam inside and saw a few items and a broken seaglide sitting in the corner, a PDA on the floor, but no Pinkie Pie. He grabbed the spare resources, then grabbed the PDA and played the recording on it.

"... Where is everypony, I thought they would come for me by now," a very sad sounding Pinkie pie says.

Pinkie is then heard talking in a weird french accent, "Well I believe that something bad happened to them, or maybe they don't like you anymore."

Pinkie is then heard talking in a slightly gruff voice, "Yeah, maybe something bad did happen, but my cousin Mr. Turnips told me about the time they abandoned you and Gummy when you tried to throw Gummys after party"

"Well that was just a big misunderstanding Mr. Chewy and Monsieur Aquis, I forgot about my own birthday party and they were planning a surprise one for me," Pinkie says in her normal voice

"Maybe, but that was no excuse for them to avoid you all day," Pinkie says in a New Jersey style accent.

"Well maybe not all day Ripples, but it was a reason for them to stay away for a bit, right?" Pinkie says normally.

"Well I say they abandoned you this time because they think you aren't worth rescuing," Pinkie is heard saying in a sophisticated kind of way.

"W...why would they think I wasn't worth saving? They're my friends, I would save all of them if I could," Pinkie said.

"But it's been a while since we crashed here, and only we have been here for you, not those other ponies," said Ripples.

"Yeah, if they wanted to rescue you, they would have been here by now, so obviously they don't want to rescue you." Said Mr. Chewy

"I… I can't believe that. We are friends. They wouldn't leave me... right?" Pinkie mutters.

After listening to the recording, Spike wished he could have made it sooner. He could have helped her, but he was too busy worrying about his well being to think about how Pinkie might be suffering. "Man, if I had arrived sooner, maybe I could have reassured Pinkie Pie instead of her going crazy and talking to these objects," Spike said with a heavy sigh.

Spike was suddenly thrown out of his mind when a small roar was emitted from outside. Spike hurried outside just in time to see some sand settling back down to the seafloor. "What is going on with this sand out here?" Spike muttered.

Suddenly the sand next to Spike exploded upwards. Spike quickly swam to the left, away from the sand and looked at the settling sand to see some type of shark thing swimming at him. "AAAAAAGGHHH!!!" Spike screamed at the top of his lungs as the shark swam at him, mouth wide open and teeth bared.

Author's Note:

Man, that took forever to write, but hey, it's done and posted.
On a side note, I would like to ask if anybody would be like to help and be my proofreader/editor. The person who was helping me is currently having some personal issues. PM me if your interested.