• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 2,001 Views, 149 Comments

Spikenautica - PhysicistBrony

  • ...
1
 149
 2,001

Chapter 15: Spike's Flashback

Spike was standing behind Twilight, looking over her shoulder to see what she was working on. "Hey Spike?" Twilight abruptly asked, "Do you think you could go get me something to drink?" Spike quickly told her yes and ran off to get her a bottle of water from the cafe.

As he made his way through the ship, he started thinking about the mission they were sent on. He was curious about why it was so important to explore this far into space. "I think that over 200 light-years of distance is far enough. What could be out there that is so important?" Due to Spike being absorbed in his thoughts, he ran into somepony on accident. "Oh no, I'm sorry. Are you ok?" Spike asked in a worried tone.

"Oh, I'm fine thanks for asking. I should have been watching where I was going. Say, what's your name? I haven't seen you before. My name's Swift Sweep. I'm one of the janitors for the east side of the ship." Swift Sweep was a light brown earth pony with lime green eyes. After a quick inspection, Spike noticed that Swift Sweep was in fact carrying around a broom with him. "Well it's nice to meet you Swift Sweep, my name is Spike. I work for Twilight in the Bridge. I was just on my way to get her something to drink." Spike explained.

"Well don't let me keep you then. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble. It was nice meeting you Spike." With that, Swift Sweep and Spike parted ways. After a couple of minutes, Spike finally found his way into Sugarcube Cafe. As he walked in, Spike saw Pinkie standing behind the counter taking somepony else's order. That was the cool thing about Sugarcube Cafe. It was an exact replica of Sugarcube Corner, meaning you would put in an order and Pinkie Pie would make the order fresh from ingredients grown on the ship.

After the other pony was done ordering, Spike walked up to the counter to get Twilight her drink. "Well hi there Spike. What can I get you today? Maybe a sapphire cupcake?" Spike shook his head and started to answer when Pinkie Pie cut him off and started talking again. "No? Well how about a triple chocolate cake? Or maybe a rainbow cupcake? It has cherry, orange, banana, lime, blueberry, and grape flavors all in one cupcake." Pinkie Pie rambled on for about 3 more minutes before Spike held up his claw to get her to stop talking.

"Pinkie, all I need is a drink for Twilight. Do you have something she might like?" Spike asked politely, hoping he could finally get her drink. "Okie Dokie Lokie! One bottle of apple juice coming right up." With that, Pinkie pronked to the back so she could get a bottle of freshly squeezed apple juice. After about three seconds, Pinkie jumped up from beneath the counter and hoofed over the apple juice. Spike and Pinkie said goodbye and Spike started his way back to Twilight.

As Spike was walking back to the bridge, he passed by the gym and could see Rainbow Dash flying laps around the room, barely sub-rainboom. He starts to walk away when Rainbow Dash flies over to him and starts talking. "Hey Spike! What you got there? Oh, you got me something to drink? Thanks." Rainbow then snatches the apple juice from Spike and chugs it in only two seconds.

"*Sigh* Actually that was for Twilight. She sent me to go get her a drink so she could keep working. Now I'm going to have to go back to Sugarcube Cafe and get another bottle." Spike said, slightly exasperated at having to walk all the way back to Pinkies to get Twilight another drink. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was for Twilight and I was really thirsty. Uh, do you want me to go grab another one and bring it back here? I could probably do it in just a minute." Rainbow asked, boasting about her speed at the end.

"Uh, sure. Thanks." Answered Spike, glad that he wouldn't have to make the trip all over again. With that, Rainbow Dash took off for the Sugarcube Cafe, staying sub-rainboom and reaching it in just under 20 seconds. Spike just kinda stood outside the gym waiting for Rainbow Dash to return with the apple juice. It had been about a minute since Rainbow Dash had left, when suddenly she returned, panting like she had just flown around Equestria at sonic rainboom speeds.

"Here *pant* you *pant* go Spike *pant*." Rainbow managed to huff out, then sat down on the bench in the gym. Spike then wondered how he had missed the bench, mostly because he wished he could have sat down to wait. Spike and Rainbow said their goodbyes while Spike started making his way back to the bridge. He finally managed to make it there without anything happening to him or the juice. He walked over to the spot where he had left Twilight and put down the bottle for her to grab.

Twilight took notice of Spike returning and after checking the time, realised it had taken him almost half an hour just to get a bottle of apple juice. "Uh, Spike? Why did it take so long for you to get a bottle of apple juice? Sugar cube cafe is only like an eight minute walk from here." Spike then started to tell Twilight all that happened on his epic quest for a bottle of apple juice. After he told Twilight, she knowingly nodded, simply saying, "That does sound like something those two would do."

Twilight quickly resumed her work, occasionally sipping at her juice while Spike watched, not quite understanding the charts that Twilight was looking at. He then decided to go see if any of their other friends needed help, letting Twilight know as he walked away. Spike was making his way down the hall when he saw a familiar light brown earth pony. "Oh hi, uh, Swift Sweep was it? Nice seeing you again." Sweep looked up and smiled at Spike saying, "Well hey there. Nice to see you as well. Do you need anything in particular?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine. I was actually on my way to see some of my friends to ask if they needed any help. Uh, do you need any right now?" Spike asked, wondering if the janitor was able to keep up with the work of having to clean the east side of the ship all by himself. "Oh no, I'm fine. You go see your friends and help them. I'll be just fine. I'm almost done over here anyway, then I'll be off duty for the rest of the day while somepony else takes over." After their short exchange, Spike and Sweep said goodbye and parted ways, leaving Spike to see if any of his other friends needed help.

Spike started with making his way to Rarity's onboard clothing shop. Her shop wasn't quite the Carousel Boutique, but it was close. Spike hurried over to where Rarity was working, hoping he could try to woo her with how helpful he was being. As he walked in, he saw Rarity patching up a ripped suit meant for working on the onboard farm. From the looks of it, somepony had trouble with controlling how often they wore the suit, using the worn out holes in the hooves to tell him that.

"Hi Rarity. Did Applejack wear out her farming suit again?" Rarity looked up, startled by the sudden intrusion. She quickly calmed down when she saw Spike walking into her work area. "Oh, you know Applejack. She never does anything outside of working on the farm and helps defeat whatever problem we have. Honestly, how long does she plan on working without any breaks? She's going to work herself to death at this rate." Spike just listened as Rarity ranted on about the well-being of one of her closest friends.

Eventually Rarity stopped ranting and asked Spike what he was doing there. "Oh, uh, did you need any help? I'm not needed in the bridge right now, so I have some free time on my claws." Spike said, explaining his being there. "Well thank you for thinking of me first to help, but I only have Applejack's suit to fix and then I will be done for now. You should go see if any of our other friends need help. Celestia knows how quiet things have been since we launched."

Spike was slightly disappointed that he wouldn't get to help Rarity, but he figured some of his other friends might need help with their own tasks. He started making his way to the onboard farm where Applejack was working, when suddenly a very loud alarm started to blare from the speakers in the halls. Realizing what the alarm meant, Spike took off for the life pod bay, hoping he could get into one and escape. As he was running, he tried not to think of anything other than the life pods, only the life pod.

Author's Note:

Sorry these are take ng so long to get out. Exams were really kicking my butt, so I finally finished this now that they are over.

I made my own OC!!! I'm sorry if somebody else already came up with this pony, but I happened to think of him as I was writing this.
I also failed to mention that his cutie mark is a pair of brooms crossed over each other like an X.