• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 410 Views, 5 Comments

EqG Tales: Arcade Edition - Brian Sheil



The Equestria Girls and friends are plunged into living arcade games.

  • ...
 5
 410

Game 9-Burger Time

Author's Note:

It’s Twilight Sparkle’s time in the spotlight as she takes on Burger Time.

At an interactive activity center in Canterlot City, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna are outside a dressing room, waiting for someone.

“Are you sure about this, sister?” Luna asked.

“Hopefully, not much longer.” Celestia replied.

Out stepped Twilight Sparkle dressed in a chef outfit. It comprises of a long sleeve white shirt with red stripes, red pants, black shoes, an apron, and a white puffy hat with a ‘P’ on it.

“You look fantastic, Twilight.” Celestia cooed.

“Thank you.” Twilight replied. “But, this is not a restaurant. What’s with the chef outfit?”

“You’ll find out.” Luna answered. “Follow us.”

Minutes later, Twilight finds herself in a giant room filled with platforms and stairways. She holds what looks like a pepper shaker in her hand.

“Are you ready?” Luna asked through a speaker.

“I think so.” Twilight responded.

At a control center, the sisters watch the action on a monitor. Celestia turns to Micro Chips, who volunteered to help out.

“Is the special game program ready?” Celestia asked.

“Game program BT82 ready.” Micro replied.

“Then, let the games begin.”

Micro turned on a switch. Soon, lights were swirling around Twilight. They started to form platforms, stairs, and objects that look like parts of hamburgers.

“I don’t believe it!” Twilight gasped as she realized what the set up is. “I’m in the world of Burger Time!”

“Correct.” Celestia announced. “Since you recognize the area, you know your objective. To construct four hamburgers by running over the buns, patties, lettuce, and so on. You have a pepper shaker that has five charges of pepper. You can pick up extra charges by touching the shaker to an ice cream cone, french fries, and cups of coffee that show up on occasion.

“You probably know what will stop you from reaching your goal.” Luna added.

Twilight gave her hosts an answer. “I’m guessing that I’ll be facing hot dogs, fried eggs, and pickles.”

“Correct.” Celestia responded. “Ready?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Then,” Luna said as she flips a switch, “let’s get this party started.”

Seeing that the challenge is on, Twilight ran up flights of stairs to reach the top floor. She then ran over a hamburger bun, and it fell. It collided to other parts of a hamburger until the bottom fell to the bottom, under Twilight’s starting point.

“That looks easy.” Twilight said. But, she turned around and saw a human sized hot coming at her. Another human sized hot dog came from the other side. “Me and my big mouth!”

Running down a staircase, Twilight avoided the hot dogs as she runs over the top bun again, causing the same chain reaction. After avoiding the hot dogs various times, Twilight continued the path until the first hamburger was done.

“Well done, Twilight.” Celestia said over an intercom. “You completed one burger.”

“Thanks.” Twilight replied catching her breath. “I’m sure getting a workout today.”

“But, you still got three to complete.” Luna informed.

Twilight ran up back to the top. Running over a top bun, she starts another chain reaction. This time, the two humanoid hot dogs got crushed by the bun, and vanished.

“That takes care of that.” Twilight said with relief. Suddenly, she saw the hot dogs come out of their chambers. “I forgot, they come back.” On the bottom, she saw two more obstacles. “Here comes a third hot dog and a fried egg!”

As her progress continued, the three hot dogs climbed down the stairs to confront Twilight. She shook her shaker and sprinkled pepper on her pursuers. As the hot dogs recovered, she ran across the bun and it fell, carrying the hot dogs with it. Surprisingly, their weight helped complete the second burger.

“Two down and two to go.” Twilight said as the fried egg came at her. “Not today, yolk breath!”

She sprinkled the pepper on the fried egg. As it recovered, Twilight ran off. Her pepper counter read ‘3’. Seeing a cup of coffee, Twilight touched it with her pepper shaker, and the counter soon read ‘4’.

“That’s that.” Twilight said as she made her way to the third pile. “The fried egg is snapping out of it, and those three hot dogs will come back.”

Twilight ran over burger parts, avoided the humanoid food items, paralyzing them as little as possible, and built the third burger. After charging her pepper shaker with an image of an ice cream cone, having the counter display ‘3’, Twilight makes her way to the fourth and final burger.

“Uh oh.” Twilight gasped as she sees something coming out of the doors. “Here come the pickles.”

She was right. Two living pickles came flipping towards Twilight. She reached the top bun of the last burger.

“Thank goodness for that pile of french fries.” Twilight said with relief. “This brings my pepper counter to ‘4’.”

The young brainiac saw that she was in a bad situation. A pickle on the bottom of a stairway, two hot dogs to her left, and a hot dog, fried egg, and pickle to her right. But, she soon opened her eyes wide. “I got an idea!”

Stepping to the right, away from the two pursuers, she sprinkled pepper on the two hot dogs. As they recovered, she moves to the end of the bun, paralyzing the three other food monsters with the peppers. She walks past them, allowing their weight to have the bun fall. This causes a chain reaction that completes the final hamburger. As the burgers glowed, signaling that the challenge is over, the Sisters speak over the speaker system.

“Congratulations, Twilight.” Celestia praised. “You won the Burger Time Challenge.”

“How do you feel?” Luna asked.

“I feel...like... I can.. go for a ..hamburger... right now.” Twilight panted.

Everybody had a good laugh. The next day at the diner, Twilight was enjoying a bacon cheese omelet when Sunset Shimmer looked at it with confusion.

“I thought you wouldn’t want to deal with eggs again,” Sunset said humorously, “after your day in the world of Burger Time.”

Taking a bite of the egg, Twilight gave Sunset a big smile. “This is one way to get revenge.”

The two friends let out a small giggle, knowing Twilight has a point.