• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 405 Views, 5 Comments

EqG Tales: Arcade Edition - Brian Sheil



The Equestria Girls and friends are plunged into living arcade games.

  • ...
 5
 405

Game 13-Gauntlet

Author's Note:

Time for a little twist on the classic game, Gauntlet. This is with Applejack, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie Lulamoon, and Pinkie Pie as the four warriors.

In a beautiful castle, the charming princesses, Celestia and Luna, sit proudly on their thrones. Celestia is wearing a marigold long sleeve gown going right over her ankles. She has on red shoes, and wears a flowing cape with red, orange, and yellow stripes, arranged like a sunset.

Luna’s dress is the same. Except that her gown is deep blue, her shoes are black, and her cape is midnight blue with white stars all over. Soon, the noble Cranky Doodle, wearing a regal outfit, approached the princesses.

“Your majesties,” Crank Doodle reported, “Now that we made peace with King Thorax and the Changelings, these rebels among the Dragon tribe are causing plenty of trouble.”

“We’re fortunate,” Celestia replied, “that we have a group of fighters to help us in our time of need.”

Luna then turns to a knight carrying a trumpet. “Call in the Gauntlet Warriors!”

The trumpeter blew the horn. Soon, four female warriors came out. One is orange skinned with blond hair. She wore a red short sleeve shirt, crimson shorts and brown boots. She also carries an ax.

Warrior two is a yellow skinned lady with red and yellow hair streaks. She wore a blue one piece and black boots. She carries a long sword.

Warrior three has light blue skin and white hair. She wore a long yellow gown and white shoes.

Warrior four has pink skin and dark pink hair. She wore a green tunic, light green tights, brown boots, and carries an archery bow.

“Reporting for duty, your highnesses.” The lady in red said with a southern accent. “Applejack, the Warrior!”

The lady in blue spoke next. “Sunset Shimmer, the Valkyrie!”

The lady in yellow is next. “Trixie, the Wizard!”

Finally, the young woman in green spoke in a voice that sounds like a kid. “Pinkie Pie, The Elf!”

Seeing the warriors at attention, Celestia speaks. “Gauntlet Warriors, rebels in the Dragon Tribe are causing trouble for this kingdom. Dragon lord Ember wishes these rebels to be captured, so that she may rehabilitate them.”

“And, remember this.” Luna said.

“Yes?” The Warriors said in unison.

“Many kingdoms depend on you all.”

The four warriors spoke in shock. “No!”

“YES!”

“Yes, ma’am.” Applejack replied.

“As you wish.” Sunset added.

“Very well.” Trixie said elegantly.

“Okie Dokie.” Pinkie chirped.

After bowing, the Gauntlet Warriors left to go on their mission. As the warriors traveled through the kingdom, they think about their destination.

"There are reports that there are dragon sightings in Dream Valley." Trixie informed.

"I wonder if those are the rebels our leaders told us about." Pinkie wondered.

Sunset soon got their attention. "Shhh. Look."

They got behind a bush, and saw some dragon warriors gather. Soon, a teal female dragon named Flare came to a large black dragon.

"Flume," Flare said, "I heard from the grapevine that Celestia and Luna sent the Gauntlet Warriors to try and capture us."

"Well, keep an eye out for those female fighters." Flume replied.

Pinkie Pie started to get nervous. "Dream Valley is looking like a nightmare now."

"Well then," Applejack replied. "let's make our presence known."

Sunset gave a whistle, which got the dragons' attention. Soon, the four warriors emerged and took battle stands. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Sunset Shimmer readied their weapons as Trixie raised her hands, preparing to use her magic.

"Time for you dragons to surrender!" Trixie informed.

Flume gave the order. "It's the Gauntlet Warriors. Attack them!"

The dragons charged at the warriors. But, the girls seperated to avoid being bunched together. A fearsome green dragon went after Sunset. She used her sword to protect herself. Sunset pushed the dragon back. Suddenly, the dragon made a pile of skulls appear. Then, a bunch of ghosts came out. Sunset slash the ghosts, and they disappeared. But, more ghosts came at her. PInkie, who saw Sunset in trouble, shot her arrow at the skulls. The skulls vanished, allowing Sunset to destroy the rest of the ghosts. The green dragon got mad, and ran away.

"Thanks, Pinkie." Sunset praised.

"My pleasure, Sunny." PInkie happily replied. "Destroy the base, and no more beasties will get you."

Trixie used her fireball magic to fight off against more of the dragons while Applejack battled Flume.

"This is not your lifestyle." Applejack said, using her ax to block Flume's arm swipes. "Let Dragon Lord Ember help you."

"Not a chance, Miss Applejack!" Flume replied as he turns to the other dragons. "Retreat!"

The rebel dragons followed Flume away from Dream Valley.

"Where can those dragons go anyway?" Applejack wondered.

"If I had to guess," Pinkie answered. "maybe at a village near Lavaridge Mountain."

"That makes sense. Lavaridge Mountain is a great place for dragons. Well, those that are not trouble makers."

"Didn't you say that you have a friend who lives in that village?" Trixie asked.

"I think so." Applejack replied. Then, an idea came up. "Maybe she can help us."

What the fearless foursome don't know is that the nasty wanderer, Sonata Dusk, was listening in. Then, she zipped away. The scene changes at a village near Lavaridge Mountain. Along the base of the mountain, dragons wander peacefully. Among them was Ember, the Dragon leader. Hearing that the rebel dragons might show up to blend in, she decided to wait for them to come out. This way, the other dragons can help her subdue the rebels. Meanwhile, Sonata rushed into a bar at the village. She heads over to speak to Scorpan, a vicious creature who works as a barkeep.

"Where's the big boss?" Sonata asked nervously.

"In the back room." Scorpan replied with a low growling voice.

In a room at the back of the bar, sits a red dragon warrior, looking at piles of treasure he stole from other villages. Sonata rushes in with a nervous report. "Boss, the Gauntlet Warriors were spying on the dragons you influenced at Dream Valley. Those girls chased them off, and they retreated to the mountain."

The red dragon got mad. "You dimwitted siren, you should've helped them. Now, we got to be ready for anything from those ladies."

Minutes later, the warriors arrived, dressed in different outfits. Applejack's outfit consists of a long sleved red ballroom type gown with yellow shoes. She also carried a fan to complete her look. Sunset has on a blue jacket over a white ruffled shirt. She also has black capri style pants and red shoes. Trixie is wearing an outfit similar to Applejack. Except it's short sleeved, it's yellow, and her shoes are dark blue. Pinkie wore a lime green ruffled long sleeve shirt with a brown vest, dark green skirt, and teal shoes.

"I think these outfits are adorable." Pinkie chirped.

"She's right." Sunset added as she turned to Applejack. "your friend, Rarity, did a good job with these outfits."

Applejack blushed as she gets the girls' attention. "Remember, we're are wealthy visitors from a village across the sea."

Soon, the red dragon warrior came from the back room. Everybody got a little nervous. Trixie soon knows about that dragon.

"That's Garble." Trixie whispered. "The leader of those rebel dragons."

Garble walks through the bar. He soon spotted the ladies. "Seems we have some lovely visitors coming to the bar." He turns to the barkeep. "Scorpan!"

"Yes, Garble." Scorpan replied nervously.

"Four cups of apple cider for our guests."

Scorpan soon poured cider into four cups, and placed them on a tray. One of the bar workers placed the tray on a table where the disguised ladies are sitting.

“Complements of the House, my dears.” Garble said elegantly.

“Thank you, sir.” Trixie replied.

As the girls enjoy their cider, they decided to talk to Garble.

“Sir,” Sunset said, “we heard talk that some warriors from the Dragon colony are rebelling against the honor of that tribe. You wouldn’t know about that would you?”

“That does sound strange.” Garble replied, hiding his true intentions. “If the Dragon tribe rebelled, it could mean disaster for any kingdom.”

“That sound sad.” Pinkie added, trying not to get upset. “This could start a war between many tribes.”

Just then, Sonata’s Siren sisters, Adagio Dazzle and Aria Blaze came into the bar and came up to Garble. Adagio whispers something in his ear.

“Excuse me, ladies.” Garble said as he left.

“Something must be up.” Applejack whispered.

“Good thing we finished our cider.” Trixie replied quietly. “Let’s see what’s going on.”

As the girls leave, Sunset pulled out some gold coins, and placed it on the bar. “For a job well done.”

Sunset leaves as Scorpan picks up the coins happily. Outside, Garble argues with the sirens.

“Are you sure about that?” Garble demanded.

“We’re sure.” Aria answered. “Dragon lord Ember and her comrades rounded up those you influenced.”

“And, are taking them to their village for rehabilitation.” Adagio finished.

Garble got very mad. He blew fire into the air, scaring the people who live in the village. “Blast that Ember! What else can go wrong?”

Just then, the four ladies Garble talked to came out. They soon revealed their true outfits.

“Does this answer your question?” Sunset retorted.

“The Gauntlet Warriors!” Garble snarled.

“That’s right.” Pinkie answered as she readied her bow. “Your little knack for influencing others is over!”

Applejack rose her ax, Sunset held her sword high, and Trixie rose her hands, sparking with magical energy.

“Give it up, Garble.” Applejack announced. “You’re finished!”

“Never!” Garble yelled as he blew out a fireball.

Trixie fires a blast of ice magic to nullify the fire.

“That’ll cool you off.” Sunset said. “En garde!”

“My claws are as steady as any sword.” Garble announced. “En garde, yourself!”

Garble and Sunset battled each other. Claws clash with the blade of a sword. The villagers watch with interest.

“Do you think these warriors can fight back against Garble?” One young villager named Fluttershy wondered.

“I heard of these four warriors.” Her roommate, Rainbow Dash answered. “It’s about time someone stood up to that bully!”

As the battle continued, Applejack sneaked past the fight, and headed for a barrel full of oil. One swipe of her ax and the barrel shattered, spilling the oil. “Out of the way, Sunset!”

Sunset ran off as the oil spilled under Garble. As he starts to chase Sunset, he slips on the oil and falls down.

“The boss fell!” Aria yelled.

Just as Adagio and Aria ran to help Garble, Pinkie shot an arrow at a welcome banner. It draped over the sisters as Trixie took some rope to secure the banner.

“Good work, Pinkie.” Trixie praised.

“Thanks.” Pinkie replied happily.

Later, Dragon Lord Ember arrived with two other dragons, one orange and one light purple, arrived to take Garble away. Celestia and Luna came along to watch the action.

“A visit to our village will help you respect our honor.” The blue leader of the dragons said. She then turns to her followers. “Smolder, Spike, take him away.”

“Yes, Lord Ember.” The orange dragon, Smolder, replied.

“Let’s go, you.” The purple dragon, Spike, added.

The warriors watch proudly as Ember and company take Garble to the dragon village as the Sirens are escorted by royal guards to jail. The princesses approached the fearless foursome.

“Excellent, Gauntlet Warriors!” Luna announced. “You have done real good.”

“Yes.” The Warriors said.

“Her highness, Queen Megan, Shall hear of this.” Celestia said.

The four warriors are shocked to hear that. “No.”

“Yes!”

Happy with the results, the Gauntlet Warriors follow the princesses back to the castle.