• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 406 Views, 5 Comments

EqG Tales: Arcade Edition - Brian Sheil



The Equestria Girls and friends are plunged into living arcade games.

  • ...
 5
 406

Game 5-Venture

Author's Note:

It is time for what I would call The Adventures of AK Yearling in the world of Venture.

Inside an eerie cavern, writer AK Yearling, author of the Daring Do book series, explores the area, wearing her jungle explorer outfit. As she adjusted her pith helmet, she turns to look at a strange creature made up of different body parts. This creature follows AK into the cavern.

“Are you sure this is a good idea, Discord?” AK asked the creature.

“Yes, my dear Miss Yearling.” The creature, Discord, replied. “Decades ago, bandits invaded the royal palace of a great ruler, and stole 12 fabulous treasures. They brought them here to these caverns.”

“Is this where I come in?”

“Indeed.” Discord said as he strokes his beard. He then makes a newspaper appear with a story about the author on the front page. “Even though you’re the creator of Daring Do, you sometimes live the fantasies you create.”

“You’re right about one thing.” AK figured. “My own explorations of the past were the inspirations behind my stories.”

“This is why the local city museum curator sent you. To find those treasures, and bring them to the museum.”

As the two figures enter a chamber, AK looks at Discord with curiosity. “I’m surprised the curator found a statue in another cave, and accidentally set you free from it.”

“I agree.” Discord replied as he magically appears in exploration wear. “But, since I was released, I promised to use my Chaos magic to be very helpful. That’s why I’m here with you.”

AK then pulls out what looks like an archery type bow.

“This bow I found two months ago shoots an unlimited supply of magical light arrows.” AK said as she enters one of the rooms. “Wish me luck.”

Discord soon sees a wagon left behind, and takes it. “This wagon will be very helpful in loading the treasures.” He soon sees what looks like floating heads with tentacles underneath. “Oh dear. Hall monsters. Luckily, my magic will protect me from them.”

Inside one of the chambers, AK saw a small metal box, full of gold coins. Suddenly, a group of goblins jumped out in front of her. Using the bow, AK made short work of the goblins, and took the box. Exiting out of the chamber, she entered another one.

“Oh boy.” AK blurted. “Skeletons. And, they’re guarding another treasure.”

The author saw a silver bowl in the distance. After defeating the skeletons, AK grabbed the bowl, and met Discord outside the chamber.

“Better be careful.” Discord said with concern. “There are Hall monsters lurking everywhere.”

Cautiously, AK and Discord arrived at another chamber. When the explorer went in, she saw a jewel encrusted goblet.

“This goblet should match the bowl.” AK thought to herself.

Suddenly, a horde of snakes came at her. Using her special bow, she removed the snakes, grabbed the goblet, and exited the room. The two unlikely allies made it to the last chamber of this area.

“You found three treasures.” Discord informed. “One more, and this section is down.”

Nodding, AK went in. She saw a large diamond in the center of the room. But, she saw the walls move back and forth. Moving cautiously, AK Yearling grabbed the diamond and left the room.

“Look at these treasures.” AK cheered. “A small box of gold coins, a silver bowl, a goblet, and a diamond.”

“Impressive Indeed.” Discord agreed. “But, you still have eight more to find.”

AK Yearling realized that this mystic being is right. “This means our mission continues. Discord, guide me to section two.”

The two explorers traveled to another section of the cavern. It has four more rooms, and more hall monsters.

“I’ll keep these beasts busy.” Discord said, donning a baseball player uniform and holding a bat. “You go grab those treasures.”

“Right!” AK replied as she goes into one of the rooms.

AK Yearling soon sees a small marble statue shaped like a rook, a chess piece, just standing there.

“This looks too easy.” AK thought. “Why leave a treasure here without any monsters to guard it.”

Just as she picks up the statue, a horde of two-headed zombies appeared. Putting down the statue, AK used her bow to do away with the monsters. Picking up the statue, she exits the room from the other side. Discord zipped over to accompany her as she enters another room. She sees a golden crown in the room, along with a bunch of creatures she recognized.

“Dragons!” AK yelped as she raised her bow. “This’ll cool then down.”

As soon as she defeated the dragons, she grabs the crown, and left the room.

“What’s wrong, my friend?” Discord wondered, changing back to his normal self.

“I hate dragons.” AK grumbled.

With Discord behind her, AK heads for another room when she was confronted by a hall Monster. She used her bow to fight it. But, the light arrows had no affect. Luckily, Discord jumped on the beast, and hogtied it’s tentacles together. Dressed in western garb, Discord gave AK the green light. “This varmint won’t bother ya no more, ma’am. Get a goin’.”

AK tips her pith helmet as she enters the room. “Thanks, partner.”

The brave explorer sees a scepter guarded by a pair of vicious trolls. Miss Yearling moves around the room, wondering how to get the treasure. Suddenly, a wall disappears and the trolls chartered her. But, using the bow, she defeated the trolls and exits the room with scepter in hand.

“One more room, and this section is done.” AK said as she enters the next room.

Entering the last room, AK sees a pair of giant spiders guarding a statue of a female villager. But, AK sees something on the statue’s neck.

“That beautiful jeweled necklace is what those spiders are guarding.” AK figured.

AK vaporized the spiders, and reached for the necklace. Just as she grabbed it, two more spiders appeared.

“Reinforcements, huh?” AK said. She zapped the spiders and left the room. “Not anymore.”

Finding a safe area with no hall monsters, AK and Discord checked the treasures she collected.

“A marble statuette, a crown, a scepter, and a necklace.” Discord observed as he hands AK a canteen of water. “This makes it eight treasures you found.”

“That means we have four more to find.” AK replied as she takes a swig of water. She stands up and turns to her companion. “Lead the way to section three.”

“Very well.” Discord replied. “After that, I’ll get us out of here and head for the museum.”

The two travelers found themselves in the last section of the chamber. They study the structure of the four last rooms.

“Time for me to go in.” AK said. “Guard the treasures well.”

Dressed as a samurai and holding a katana sword, Discord is ready to defend the cart full of treasures. “Not a problem.”

Inside the room, AK sees a golden Arabian style lamp. But there are also genies floating around.

“Genies.” AK said as she readies her bow. “Perfect monsters to guard that lamp.”

The author made her way to the lamp, fighting and avoiding the genies along the way. She exited the room with lamp in hand. As she entered another room, AK saw another frightening sight.

“Yuck!” AK blurted. “One eyed Cyclopses.”

As AK battled the one eyed ogres, she saw a jade dragon statue. She grabs it and left the room.

“Come on, Discord.” AK said as she puts the lamp and statue in the cart. “To the next room.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Discord replied.

Avoiding the hall monsters, the two unlikely allies made it to another room. AK entered and saw a bunch of bats guarding a string of pearls. She used the bow to remove the bats, then took the pearls. After leaving the room, AK rushed to the final room.

“This is it.” AK thought. “One more room, and Discord and I are out of here.”

AK soon saw a silver bracelet with rubies lining it. Just then, a horde of demons came out and charged after her.

“Come and get me, you nasty devils!” AK challenged.

Using her bow, AK vaporized the demons, took the bracelet, and left the room.

“I got the last of the treasures.” AK said. “Get us out of here!”

Discord nodded, opened a portal on the wall, and he, AK, and the treasures went in, with the door closing behind them. The duo exited the portal back to the outside of the cavern.

“It feels so good to be outside again.” AK said, taking a sip from her canteen.

“I agree.” Discord replied. “The fresh air and those clear blue skies are a welcome sight.”

Soon, the pair looked at the treasure which was found in the caves.

“Thanks to you, Miss Yearling,” Discord announced, “the 12 treasures are found. Now, we can make our way to the museum.”

“The museum curator will be pleased.” AK Yearling added.

The author rode inside the cart, keeping the treasures safe as Discord pulled the cart back to the city.

“Are you sure you can handle this, Discord?” AK wondered.

“Don’t worry about me.” Discord replied as he pulled out a bottle of water, and drank some of it. “The museum isn’t far from here anyway.”

AK is very impressed with her latest adventure. My biggest fan, Rainbow Dash, won’t believe this.