• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 403 Views, 5 Comments

EqG Tales: Arcade Edition - Brian Sheil



The Equestria Girls and friends are plunged into living arcade games.

  • ...
 5
 403

Game 4-Congo Bongo

Author's Note:

It’s teenager versus beast. In this case, Applejack vs. Congo Bongo.

The sun rises in a forest area. Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer are practicing yoga to start their day. Rainbow wore a dark purple tank top and a pair of teal Capri style tights, stretching on a magenta mat. Sunset wore a crimson tank top and red tights, and she stretches on a blue mat.

“Feeling a bit better, Sunset?” Rainbow asked as they sit on their mats, ready to meditate.

“I am.” Sunset replied. She noticed Rainbow’s meditation position. “How are you able to get into Lotus Pose?”

“With the exercise I get during my soccer practice, my legs become flexible. By the way, what happened to you last night?”

Sunset thought about what happened to her.

Flashback

Sunset, Rainbow, and Applejack are camping in a jungle area, as honored guests of A. K. Yearling. That night, as she was sleeping, Sunset suddenly yelped as she felt her foot hurting. It seems somebody put a flaming stick on her foot.

End of Flashback

“I was glad what happened to me didn’t do any real damage.” Sunset said with relief. “I could’ve gotten really hurt.”

Applejack went to her friends with some surprising news.

“Pardon me for disturbing your meditation, yoga girls.” Applejack said. “Our guide and A. K. told me that there’s only one character who can pull off this prank.”

“Who’s that, AJ?” Rainbow wondered.

Applejack gave her friends a stern answer. “The mischief making gorilla, Congo Bongo.”

“CONGO BONGO?!” Rainbow and Sunset yelped.

“With that big gorilla around,” Sunset figured, “nobody can relax.”

“Any ideas?” Rainbow asked.

“I was told where Congo Bongo is hiding out.” Applejack informed. “The guide gave me permission to teach that big ape a lesson.”

Applejack walks off, leaving Rainbow and Sunset a little relief.

“I’m sure AJ can handle Congo Bongo with out hurting him.” Rainbow said with relief.

“Yeah.” Sunset sighed. “Let’s get back to meditating.”

Sunset sat cross legged and Rainbow sat in a Lotus Pose. They both closed their eyes, and started relaxing. Meanwhile, Applejack followed a trail that leads to a hill formation containing small waterfalls. On the top, she sees her target.

“There y’all are, Congo Bongo!” Applejack called out. “You won’t get away from hurting my friend!”

As Applejack started climbing the ledges, Congo Bongo started throwing coconuts to slow her down. Avoiding the onslaught, the farm girl continues her climb. Suddenly, she got climbed on by two monkeys, who are slowing down.

“Hey!” Applejack shouted. “Get off me, you little critters! I have no time for your monkey shines.”

Applejack jumped up and down to shake off the monkeys. “That got those monkeys off my back.”

When she reached the top ledge, she was staring Congo Bongo in the eyes.

“Didn’t think I can make it up here.” Applejack said to her adversary. “Did ya, Congo Bongo?”

The gorilla cracked open a coconut, removed Applejack’s hat, and poured coconut milk all over her head. As she was recovering, the mischievous gorilla put the hat back on her head, and scooted away.

“Darn that gorilla.” Applejack said to herself. “Of course y’all realize, this means war!”

Applejack followed Congo Bongo to another area. She sees the crafty gorilla on the other side of a river. But, Applejack sees a platform with connecting lanes.

“Oh boy.” Applejack said to herself. “That platform had to have snakes.”

The farmer girl saw snakes on the platform slithering around. Suddenly, she sees a pair of scorpions crawling towards her. “Better to deal with snakes than scorpions.”

Applejack jumped onto the platform to advise the scorpions. She carefully made her way on the platform, avoiding the snakes along the way. She quickly jumped from the platform, and confronted Congo Bongo again.

“Howdy, big fella.” Applejack said. “Don’t y’all think ya feel bad for giving my friend a hot foot?”

The gorilla pulled Applejack’s Stetson hat over her eyes. She was surprised to say the least as Congo Bongo sneaks off. Applejack pulled her hat off, and sees she lost her prey again.

“I’ll give him credit, that was a classic.” Applejack said to herself as she puts her hat back on. “But, that still won’t stop me from pursuing that critter.”

Applejack followed Congo Bongo to what looks like a barren area full of holes in the ground. She sees Congo Bongo on the other side, jumping and taunting the farm girl. Suddenly, Applejack sees something coming at her.

“Hoo-wee!” Applejack gasped. “A rhinoceros!”

Applejack soon ducked into one of the holes, avoiding the rhino’s charge. Poking her head out, she sees that there are many rhinos in the area.

“I better be careful.” Applejack said to herself. “Those rhinos look angrier than a swarm of bees protecting their hive.”

Using the holes to avoid the rhinos, Applejack got close to Congo Bongo’s platform. Soon, she confronts the gorilla again.

“Any other tricks up your sleeve, Congo?” Applejack inquired.

Congo Bongo soon grabbed a long vine from a tree above him. Then, he wrapped Applejack with it so she wouldn’t move.

“I had to ask!” Applejack muttered as she struggled to free herself.

As the farm girl tries to get rid of the vines binding her, Congo Bongo slips away. Applejack soon slips out of the vines.

“Good thing those yoga stretches Rainbow showed me pay off.” Applejack said as she removes the last of the vines from her legs. “No need to use brute strength all the time.”

Realizing that Congo Bongo is gone, Applejack pushes forward. “I wonder where that gorilla went to this time.”

She sees the mischievous gorilla on the over side of a river. He is sleeping, making Applejack happy.

So, Congo Bongo is asleep. Applejack thought. Now’s my chance to teach him a lesson.

Applejack hopped on a lily pad, then on a hippo. Both carried her to a patch of land. She then saw a fearsome looking fish that’s about the size of the hippos. Taking a chance, she hopped on the fish’s back. She hopped off, and saw the fish’s mouth open, and shown his razor sharp teeth.

“Oh boy.” Applejack said. “That’s the size of what they call a barracuda.”

After avoiding the charge of a rhino, Applejack sees the sleeping gorilla. Taking a long stick, she lit it with the fire of a torch near the gorilla’s throne. She then placed it in his foot. Then, sneaked away. Suddenly, the fire touched Congo Bongo’s foot, and he yelped before placing his foot in a pond near him.

After the relief, Congo Bongo sees Applejack on the other side of the stream. She then calls out to him. “Now you know how my friend, Sunset Shimmer, feels. I hope you’ll learn to behave yourself now.” She then tips her hat. “See ya another time, Congo Bongo.”

Applejack leaves the area as the gorilla realizes that she is right. Later, back at the campsite, Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer are still in their exercise wear as they sit on a blanket, enjoying some fresh fruit. Applejack takes off her boots, and joins them.

“Do you think Congo Bongo will be back?” Rainbow Dash wondered.

“I don’t think so.” Sunset replied. “The officials of this area will make sure that gorilla won’t cause any more mischief.”

“Especially after how I taught that beast a lesson.” Applejack added.

The three friends chuckled as they continue their morning snack, without Congo Bongo disturbing anyone.