• Published 29th Aug 2020
  • 391 Views, 5 Comments

EqG Tales: Arcade Edition - Brian Sheil



The Equestria Girls and friends are plunged into living arcade games.

  • ...
 5
 391

Game 12-Kung Fu Master

Author's Note:

It’s time for an adventure based on Kung Fu Master with Zephyr Breeze as the hero.

The cocky Zephyr Breeze walks over to a five story oriental style building. Wearing a red Kung Fu outfit, he stares at it.

“Hey, Zephyr!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she heads to his location.

“Rainbow Dash.” Zephyr called out. “What are doing here?”

“What are YOU doing here?” Rainbow Dash replied angrily. “Are you trying a crazy stunt to impress me again? Because what ever you’re up to, IT WON’T WORK!”

Zephyr took out a piece of paper, trying to calm Rainbow down. “If you stop seeing red for a moment, look at this.”

Rainbow looks at a note given to him.

Dear Zephyr Breeze,

I have captured your sister, Fluttershy. If you want to see her again, come to my hideout in a pagoda at an old part of town. Me and my soldiers will be waiting.

Mr. X

Rainbow saw the note. But, wasn’t convinced. “Yeah, right! I don’t believe it!”

Zephyr then pulled out a picture that came with the note. “Then, believe this!”

Rainbow’s eyes widened when se the picture. It was Fluttershy sitting on a chair, upper body wrapped with rope, hands tied behind her back, ankles tied together, and mouth covered by white cloth.

“Fluttershy is my sister.” Zephyr informed. “And, I’m going to save her!”

Zephyr Breeze heads for the pagoda as Rainbow Dash watched with shock. “He’s egotistical. But, he does care for his sister.”

Inside the building, Zephyr thinks about his mission. From what the instructions told me, Fluttershy is held at the 5th floor. Mr. X will regret this!

Zephyr makes his way through the hallway. Suddenly, vicious looking men in blue fighter suits came out.

“Aw, man.” Zephyr said with disgust. “Grippers. Those guys will cling onto you and leave you weak.”

The Grippers came at him. But, using well placed punches and kicks, Zephyr battled his way through them. Some of the Grippers tried to grab him. But, he shook them off. Zephyr even dodged knives being tossed at him by more evil fighters. Soon, he saw a staircase, guarded by a big man wearing a blue shirt, white pants, and black boots. He wields a strong staff.

“Must be one of the five sons of The Devil.” Zephyr thought. “I have to battle him to go forward.”

The fighter swung his staff to hit Zephyr. But, the plucky teen ducked and jumped out of the way. Soon, he fought back. One kick to the stomach and the staff wielding fiend fell to his knees. This allowed Zephyr to pass him and walk up the stairs.

“That takes care of him.” Zephyr proudly said. “On to floor number two.”

Zephyr reached the second floor. Just as he did, a jar fell down. It cracked, and released a cobra. One low kick, and Zephyr beat it. Then a yellow ball hit the ground, and brought out a dragon. Zephyr ducked out of the way of the fire breath. As the dragon vanished, Zephyr moved on. A multi colored ball hovered over the air. Suddenly, it exploded and Zephyr avoided the pieces of the ball.

“Confetti bombs!” Zephyr said with shock. “I forgot about those things!”

The young teen went through the hallway. Defeating and dodging all of those obstacles. The Grippers came back along with short guys wearing green outfits.

“Oh man.” Flash thought. “Tom Toms. Those fighters are small. But they can hop on one’s heads without notice.”

Zephyr fought his way through the fighters. He then saw a vicious man in a crimson outfit, carrying a sickle.

“He looks like another son of the Devil.” Zephyr figured.

The battle went on. The fighter tossed his sickle at Zephyr. But, he dodged the deadly weapon as, like a boomerang, it comes back to its master. The two figured battled each other. Then, Zephyr dodged the sickle, and punched the vicious fighter in the jaw. This allowed Zephyr to climb up the stairs.

“So long, creep.” Zephyr said to his opponent. “On to floor number three.”

Meanwhile, on the fifth floor, a shadowy figure looks at the bound and gagged Fluttershy.

“Your brother is coming up to save you.” The figure said with a low voice. “He’ll never survive.”

The figure just laughed as Fluttershy sat there as muffled cries came from her. On the third floor, Zephyr fought his way through Grippers, Tom Toms, and knife throwers. When he went to the staircase, a muscular bald man wearing a white tank top, gray pants, and black boots stood in front of the young man.

“Try to get through me, little man.” The muscle man said with a deep voice.

Zephyr dodged the man’s punches, and delivered a few punches and kicks which didn’t phase him that much.

“I’m too tough for you, kid.” The fighter remarked.

“You know what they say.” Zephyr replied. “The bigger they are,” He did a spinning low kick to knock the brute down. “the harder they fall!” With the brute dazed, Zephyr climbs up the stairs. “On to floor number four.”

Zephyr arrived at the fourth floor. Suddenly, a bunch of small red things flew towards him.

“Oh man!” Zephyr blurted. “Poisonous moths! Better be careful around those things.”

The young teen battled and dodged the moths. After fighting more foot soldiers, he confronted a weird looking man with a staff.

“Try to get through me!” The man said.

The stranger fired a fireball at Zephyr. He ducked out of the way. But, the fire became a mini vulture. Zephyr soon defeated it. He tried to get to the crafty character. But, he disappeared.

“This guy is a sneaky.” Zephyr thought out loud. “But, I’ll still beat him.”

Zephyr battled against the creepy man. He started to make contact. Soon, the son of the Devil fell, and Zephyr climbed up the stairs. “On to floor number five! And, Mr. X!”

On the fifth floor, the shadowy Mr. X watches Zephyr’s every move.

“So, he’s heading this way.” Mr. X said as the bound and gagged Fluttershy watches. “Perhaps it’s time that I meet this young fellow face to face.”

Zephyr made his way through the hallway of the fifth floor, fighting Grippers and Tom Toms along the way. Soon, he meets up with a strong looking brown haired man wearing a sleeveless yellow shirt, silver bracelets, dark gray pants, and brown boots.

“Mr. X, I presume?” Zephyr wondered.

“That is correct, Mr. Breeze.” The fiend replied. “I congratulate you for making it this far.”

“Where’s my sister, creep?!”

“In the room behind me. But, if you wish to save her,” Mr. X raises his muscular arms. “you’ll have to beat me!”

Zephyr prepares for this battle. “Let’s get it on!”

The two fighters soon battled. They match each other’s moves, not backing down. In the other room, Fluttershy listens to the battle, hoping Zephyr would win. Outside, the two fighters seem exhausted.

“You’re....no...weakling, Zephyr.” Mr. X said, catching his breath. “You are..quite... the adversary.”

“You’re..not so bad...yourself.” Zephyr replied, equally tired. “But, I must save...Fluttershy!”

With one big punch, Zephyr hit Mr. X’s stomach, dazzling him long enough for Zephyr to use a roundhouse kick to knock him out.

“See you later, Mr. X.” Zephyr said as he leaves for the other room.

Zephyr unties Fluttershy and removes the cloth from her mouth. She wraps her arms around him. “Thanks, brother.”

“You’re welcome, sis.” Zephyr replied as he returned the hug. “Let’s get out of here.”

Later, the two teens left the pagoda, happy to get out of there.

“Good thing you remember that elevator Mr. X used to bring you up there.” Zephyr said happily.

“I’m just glad to get out of there.” Fluttershy replied. “Let’s go home.”

Just as Zephyr and Fluttershy head for home, Rainbow Dash and Applejack caught up to them.

“You okay, Fluttershy?” Applejack wondered. “I heard what happened.”

“I’m fine.” Fluttershy replied. “Thanks to my brother.”

Fluttershy was grateful to her brother. But, Rainbow Dash came near and pushed Zephyr away.

“You’ll never be a hero to me, Zephyr!” Rainbow Dash said cruelly as she stood next to Fluttershy. “I’LL escort Fluttershy home.”

Rainbow walked with Fluttershy as they walk down the street together. Fluttershy was sad that Rainbow wouldn’t let Zephyr walk her home. The young hero was very upset as Applejack cane to comfort him.

“Don’t worry, Zephyr.” Applejack confirmed. “I think you did pretty good. I may not have seen the action myself. But, I think y’all did pretty good.”

“Thanks, Applejack.” Zephyr said with relief. “At least somebody think so.”