• Published 11th Jul 2020
  • 3,430 Views, 707 Comments

The final challenge - Dianabel



The Legion if Doom and Grogar finally make their move, bringing disharmony to Equestria. It´s up to the mane 6 and their allies to save Equestria.

  • ...
8
 707
 3,430

Chapter 26: Reunion at Ponyville

Where is it? Where is it?”Rainbow constantly asked herself mentally.

Normally, she wouldn´t be so impatient about not seeing Ponyville when returning from the Wonderbolt Academy, but right now, waiting wasn´t something she could afford. Not while Scootaloo, her friends, the students, and Starlight, Sunburst and Trixie were in danger. And to make matters worse, it was snowing a lot, which would make the task of finding and flying yp Ponyville more difficult. For this reason, she and the wonderbolts decided to take shifts to fly to make sure Celaeno was going in the right direction. Right now it was Rainbow´s turn. And it was lasting a little longer than the other Wonderbolts´.

The Wonderbolts, who were watching her from Celaeno´s ship, shared worried glances.

“I´ll talk to her.” Soarin offered himself “Hey boss!” he exclaimed to get her attention.

“You can call me Dash. Just like always.”

“Dash. It´s my turn now.”

Rainbow bit her lip.

“Can´t I stay a bit longer?”

“We understand that you want to use your wings.” Vapor Trail said.

“Not to mention that you want to be the first to find Ponyville for very understandable reasons.” Thunderlane added.

“But we agreed to take on shifts!” Fleetfoot pointed out.

“And if you keep on flying, you´ll freeze!” Surprise said worried.

“You survived Tirek, Chrysalis, Cozy and Grogar, lost your magic and got it back, you can´t die now!” Sky Stinger put his hooves on the air.

“Pfft! I´ll be fine.” Rainbow reassured them with no worries.

But just after she said that, a gust of snowflakes and wind dragged her backwards.

“Ok. Maybe it´s breaktime.” she reconsidered.

She landed on the boat whereas Soarin went into the blizzard.

“Aaargh! It´s not fair! Why can´t I fly in peace?!” she yelled a bit frustrated.

Gilda held her laughter.

“That´s the first thing I thought when it started to snow.” she said.

“Really?” Gabby asked surprised. “Because my first thought was: Oh no! Now I can´t bring the mail to anypony!”

“Wait you guys had a reaction to the snow?” Greta joined the conversation.

The two griffons stared at her.

“Didn´t you?” Gilda asked her.

“We literally live in the mountains girls! As if we never saw snow.”

Gilda and Gabby scratched their chins. Rainbow held her laughter.

“That being said,” Greta continued as she raised her finger. “I started to get worried when it started to snow more than usual.”

“Oh, everything went into chaos when we noticed the windigoes!” Gabby put her claws on her cheeks.

“No. Everything went into chaos when you explained what those things were.” Gilda corrected.

“I think that the whole world into chaos.” Rainbow said.

“But it got much worse when the changelings came.” Greta said.

“But luckily Princess Cadence saved us!” Gabby exclaimed excited.

“Yeah! You should have seen when Cadence brought them down!” Gilda nudged Rainbow.

The pegasus sighed.

“I just hope something similar happened to the CMC and the students.”

“Oh yeah definitely!” Gabby agreed.

“Now that I think about it, there was one of us in there. What was his name?” Gilda asked Greta.

“Gallus.” Greta replied.

“Oh yeah, Gallus.”

“Hey! What are you girls talking about?” Lyra asked as she approached them.

“Nothing, really.” Rainbow answered. “We were just hoping our loved ones are ok.”

“Oof, tell me about it! I hope one of those monsters hasn´t devoured Bon Bon!”

When Rainbow heard Lyra mentioning Bon Bon, she remembered that she had to ask Lyra something.

“Lyra… Can I ask you something?”

“Sure! Go ahead!” Lyra replied excited.

She was about to ask her question, but she noticed that the griffons were around.

“In private.” Rainbow specified to them.

The three griffons nodded and left, curious about what Rainbow had to ask Lyra. Lyra herself was also a bit estranged.

“So, what is it that you want to ask me?” Lyra asked.

“Before you and Bon Bon started dating, who was the one to take the first step?”

Lyra put her hoof under her chin.

“Hmm…. I think it was the two of us at the same time.”

“Really?”

Lyra nodded.

“Were you nervous?”

“Not really. I knew she liked me.”

“How?”

“Lots of hugs, long stares, presents, holding my hoof… It was pretty obvious.”

Rainbow remembered her moments with A.J. She didn´t remember A.J doing anything of that around her. She sighed sadly.

“Are you asking me because you love a certain mare?” Lyra raised an eyebrow playfully.

“Yes...”

“Let me guess, Applejack, right?”

Rainbow blushed.

“How did you know that?”

“It was really obvious. Of all your friends, she was the one I saw you hanging around the most. And I saw giving her the same stare Bon Bon gave me.”

“And did you observe Applejack´s face?”

Lyra shook her head.

“Nope. I only noticed your face once.”

“Oh… Ok.” Rainbow said a bit disappointed.

“What is it?”

“Well… I never saw A.J behaving like you described Bon Bon. Does that mean that it wasn´t reciprocated?”

“I´m not sure. But ponies have different ways of showing love. Just because Bon Bon was like that, doesn´t mean that the same goes for A.J. Bear that in mind.”

Rainbow smiled somewhat sadly.

“Yeah, I guess you´re right.”

The conversation stopped when Soarin started screaming.

“Ponyville! I see Ponyville! We´re near!”

“Heard you!” Celaeno replied.

Rainbow gasped.

“We´re there! We´re in Ponyville! Wohoo! Here I come everypony!”

“You´re not going anywhere. Not yet.” Celaeno told her. “First we have to land the ship.”

“Oh. Right.” Rainbow smiled sheepishly.


Though now full of energy, Applejack, her family and the kirins had to take various stops to make sure they weren´t seen. If it was for her she´d run for hours, but at least she was around her family.

During one of those stops, Applejack looked at how Big Mac and Sugar Belle interacted.

“Oof! You may not notice while running, but once you stop, you feel the chills!” Sugar Belle exclaimed while shivering.

“Here.” Big Mac hugged her. “Feel better?”

“Yup.”

They both blushed. Applejack turned her head to Maud and Mudbriar.

“Thanks for saving Boulder earlier.” Maud said to Mudbriar.

“You´re welcome. But technically, you also defended Twiggy with great ease.” Mudbriar said in reply.

Maud smiled and put her head in Mudbriar´s shoulder.

Applejack sighed sadly.

“So what is the plan?” Autumn Blaze asked excited behind her.

Applejack jumped from the surprise.

“Don´t scare me like that.” Applejack told her somewhat upset.

“Sorry. I just saw you so reflective that I thought you were conjuring up a plan in your mind or something like that.”

“Jokes aside, we do need a plan for the rescue.” Limestone Pie pointed out.

“Hm.” Marble Pie nodded her head.

“Well… I wasn´t thinking about it, but-”

“What were you thinking about then?” Autumn Blaze asked curiously.

“About my friends.”

They all clenched their teeth.

“Sorry. Shouldn´t have asked.” Autumn Blaze apologized.

“None taken. But y´all are right about coming up with a plan. We´re gonna think of one right now.”

“Ok. Tell us your ideas Applejack.” the leader of the kirins said.

“Well I guess we could-”

Applejack was interrupted by Bon Bon, who was constantly moving from side to side to get a better view of the whole place. She even separated the two couples in order to find out if there was a monster near. Annoyed by this behaviour, Limestone growled.

“Will you stop that? We´re trying to come up with a plan here.”

“Sorry, but this is important.” Bon Bon replied. “I´m not doing this without a reason. You know that, do you?”

“Yeah, but I think it´s a bit ridiculous.”

Bon Bon scoffed.

“Say that when a monster takes your sisters away like they did to Lyra.”

When she mentioned Lyra, Applejack remembered that she had to ask something to Bon Bon in private. And this could be the perfect opportunity.

“I´ll help you with it!” Applejack stood up.

Bon Bon widened her eyes surprised.

“Why thank you.”

Limestone, Marble and the kirins raised an eyebrow at her.

“But what about the plan?” Limestone asked estranged.

“I´m not that inspired. I have a lot of things in my mind right now. But I guess that after taking a walk with Bon Bon, my mind will clear and come up with a solution. But you can think of any ideas in the meantime.”

Although a little confused about her sudden change of mind, they understood her need to do that, so they agreed.

Applejack walked away towards Bon Bon.

“Of all these ponies, I knew you were the one who was going to understand this weird behaviour I´m having right now. Naturally after facing Grogar, you´d want to look for his monsters.”

“Yeah. But there´s also another reason.”

Bon Bon´s ears perked up.

“I wanted to ask you something. Only if it doesn´t bother you.”

“What is it?”

“How were you sure that Lyra liked you?”

“Aha! So I was right.”

“What?”

“That you liked Rainbow Dash! Otherwise, why would you be asking me that?”

Applejack blushed.

“But replying to your question, I didn´t! Nonetheless, I knew that I had to try. It was either that or staying with the doubt forever.”

“When you asked her, did you do it in a direct way or were you implying it?”

“Direct manner. In every relationship, whether platonic or romantic, communication and honesty is the key. But you don´t have any problem with that. You´re the bearer of the element of honesty!”

Applejack looked away.

“So you told her? What did she tell you?”

“No. She did. She told me I was her best best friend. But I´m not sure if it was because she liked me too or that she only saw me as her best friend.”

“Hm… Probably the first.”

“Really?” A.J asked in a mixture of hopefulness and surprise.

Bon Bon nodded.

“From what you tell me, I think that Rainbow was nervous, so she decided to tell you by implying it. I think that being direct is better, but I understand it´s not that easy for everypony.”

She noticed Applejack shedding a small tear.

“You alright?”

“Yeah. It´s just… I might wait to see her again but at least I know she and I had felt the same for each other. Thanks to you.”

Bon Bon smiled tenderly at her.

“Now. Let´s go and think about a plan on what to do at the School of Friendship. There´s no time to waste!”

Bon Bon followed Applejack to reunited with the group.


Spike and all his allies were walking through the Everfree Forest, on direction to Canterlot. Though he wasn´t alone and this time they were more creatures, he was still nervous. What if they weren´t enough to defeat Grogar? What if he failed again? The more they walked, the more nervous he got. But he pretended not to be. He didn´t want to stop every creature to talk about his feelings. However, he also wanted to tell somepony. What to do?

Suddenly, he noticed two hooves jumping onto his shoulders.

“Spike!” Punja exclaimed.

“Oh. Hey, Punja.” he greeted her with a smile. “I thought you were with the CMC and the students. Or with Zecora and Scorpan.”

“I want to spend some time with you. All this time without knowing anything of friend has been very blue. Besides, who knows what facing that ram provides.”

“You wanna talk about it? Because I´m glad to listen.” Spike asked worried.

“Though a part of me wants to resign, I´m pretty sure we´ll be fine. That´s all I have to say about it.”

“Oh, ok.” Spike said somewhat disappointed.

“But I can listen to what you have to say.”

“Me?”

“From what I see, you are the one who is nervous to a high degree.”

“No… What are you talking about?” Spike darted his eyes from one side to the other.

“Eyes moving from side to side, the fact that you denied, the sweat on your front… There´s a lot of evidence to hunt! Plus, you asked me if I wanted to discuss the future that awaits us.”

Spike bit his lip.

“So… Is there something you want me to know?” Punja raised her eyebrow.

“I´m… Very nervous, Punja. Like very nervous. I know I´ve said a million times when we were planning, but believe me, Grogar´s nothing like the threats we ever faced before. He´s far scarier. Besides, how am I supposed to take his bell? Just by giving two steps I get super tired! There´s no way I can carry that. It´s really heavy, and I can tell you from experience, and without any strength we won´t last.”

“But you won´t have to carry the bell. I thought you understood the plan well.”

“I know, but what if I can´t even lift it?”

“Then we´ll lift it together or with more help, like Smolder!”

Spike tried to come up with an argument to refute Punja´s suggestion, but he couldn´t. Punja put a hoof on Spike´s shoulder.

“We´ll survive, Spike. I know it.”

“But I might make the process a bit more difficult. Remember that Grogar gets more powerful by fear. And I´m the one who´s the most afraid of him.”

Punja looked around. She took two sticks and put them on her ears.

“Woo! I´m Grogar, the meanest and scariest old goat, even though my name sounds bizarre.” Punja mocked him.

“Punja, this is serious.” Spike told her.

“I´m impossible to defeat so you should retreat. Ha ha ha!”

“Stop doing that, it won´t work.” Spike started to chuckle.

“But deep down I´m insecure because they took my kingdom away. I cry at night like baby since that day.” Punja pretended to cry dramatically.

This time, Spike started to laugh.

“Darn it, I´m imagining him with diapers.”

“Whenever you feel afraid of him, try to think of him like that to get a grin.”

“I´m still not sure that will take all my fear of him away, but at least I´ll get a good laugh.”

Punja smiled at him while nodding her head.

“Do you think I did a good job?”

“At what?”

“You know, at being an ambassador, solving problems and conflicts…”

“Sure! Throughout all this whole situation you acted very mature. You acted really professional, and for that you were sensational! Why do you ask about the quality of your task?”

“When Twilight got crowned, I would be her official ambassador. That might never happen now, but at least I wanted to do that labour on her memory. So, I promised myself to do my best at that. That´s why I ask your opinion.”

“My opinion is steady, you´re the greatest ambassador already.” Punja put her foreleg around Spike.

Spike blushed while timidly looking away.

“Thank you Punja.”

“You´re welcome.”

While they were chatting, the CMC looked at the horizon. They gasped.

“Ponyville!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

Every creature stared estranged at her.

“She means we´re near Ponyville!” Apple Bloom explained.

“If you look harder, you can see some houses!” Scootaloo told them.

Every creature did as Scootaloo said. She was right! Despite the strong blizzards, Ponyville was still visible in the distance.

“Can we make a stop there before going to Cantelot?” a student asked the leaders.

“We want to see if our families are ok.” another student explained.

“That depends. What do you think Spike? Can we stop?” Thorax asked him.

Every creature turned their heads to Spike, expecting an answer from him. The dragon scratched his chin in thought.

“It wouldn´t be bad if we checked on every creature before going to Cantelot.”

Every creature nodded and continued walking forwards.

I hope nopony´s hurt.” he thought to himself.


Rarity and her friends ran to the School of Friendship. While doing so, Rarity observed her surroundings with curiosity. There was not a single changeling in sight, which seemed strange. They couldn´t have left just like that! Then, where were they?

When she thought of a possible answer, she stopped running abruptly. Her friends didn´t until they realized they went passed her.

“What´s wrong Rarity?” Coco Pomel asked curious.

“Doesn´t it seem strange to you that there´s not a single changeling?” Rarity asked in return.

“Now that you say it… You´re kinda right.” Steven Magnet agreed.

“Which could mean…” Sunset thought aloud.

Tempest gasped.

“It´s a trap!” she exclaimed while preparing to defend every creature.

“But if it was a trap, wouldn´t they have come out already?” Capper pointed out.

Every creature stayed silent.

“That´s actually a good point.” Sunset commented.

“He does.” Rarity took a few steps forward to get a better look. “But it´s still strange.”

“Well, there´s only one way to find out.” Tempest suggested as she looked at Steven Magnet.

Rarity, Capper, Coco and Sunset stared at him too.

“Why are you all looking at me?” he raised his arms.

“Because… You´re the biggest creature here, which gives an advantage to protect yourself from those evil changelings?” Coco smiled timidly.

Steven Magnet shrugged.

“I can´t refute that argument.”

He took a few steps before popping his head inside the school. After, taking a few quick glances, he reunited with his friend.

“Well, it is empty.”

“Maybe they´re not there.” Sunset Shimmer told Rarity.

“Hmm… Just because he didn´t see a single changeling at the hallway, doesn´t mean that there couldn´t be any. Or that the students aren´t in there. I must look deeper into this mystery!”

She ran to the door. Capper, Sunset, Tempest and Coco followed behind.

“Sweetie Belle! Sweetie Belle!” she called as she ran.

Meanwhile, Steven held his tail nervously.

“Uh... I´m too big to fit in there. I mean, my head did, but I don´t think that my entire body would.”

“Just look through the windows!” Capper advised him.

“That´s something I can do!”

While Rarity´s group entered through the main door, that wasn´t the same case for Rainbow Dash´s. She broke a window from the back of the school.

“Scootaloo! Scootaloo!”

“You know? You could have used the main door instead of breaking a window.” Gilda said to Rainbow.

“No time for that! Besides, there could be changelings.”

“If there were, we would be surrounded by now, wouldn´t we?” Celaeno said as she went through the window.

“You never know that! They´re called changelings for a reason, they could have taken the shape of a shelf, or a chair or a table!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Immediately, she kicked all the library´s furniture. The fact that it didn´t react convinced Rainbow that indeed there weren´t any changelings at the library.

“Ok, they´re not changelings.”

“No, but they are obstacles!” Grandpa Gruff exclaimed upset.

“Didn´t want to do it, but I had to make sure. Besides, you can fly! That´s not a problem for any of you.”

“Well, for me it kinda is.” Lyra said.

Rainbow put her hoof on her forehead while growling.

“But don´t worry! I can teleport myself.” she ignited her horn and reappeared at the other side of the room. “See?”

“I don´t see anypony nor changeling here, so let´s check other rooms!”

Every creature nodded and ran behind Rainbow.

As for Applejack, she was the last one to arrive to the school. Her eyes widened when she noticed Steven Magnet in the distance.

“Oh no.” she muttered under her breath.

“What is it?” Sugar Belle asked.

“Grogar´s bell affected Steven Magnet!”

“Who in tarnation is that?” Limestone asked in return.

“It´s a giant sea serpent me and my friends met when we faced Nightmare Moon.”

“Technically, it would be a lake serpent.” Mudbriar corrected Applejack. “Lakes are freshwater masses. Seas, on the other hoof, are saltwater masses.”

“The salt comes from earth rocks.” Maud Pie added.

“What makes you think that he´s been corrupted?” Big Mac asked Applejack.

“Why else would he be standing there?”

“He could be a changeling too!” Autumn Blaze suggested. “You know, since those creatures can turn into other creatures.”

“I think that´s more likely.” Bon Bon agreed with Autumn Blaze. “Sea serpents are natural creatures, not Grogar´s creation.”

“Then, it´s settled. It´s a changeling disguised as Steven Magnet.” Applejack concluded.

As they approached him, Steven Magnet looked through every school window.

“Nopony here.” he went on to check the next window. “And nopony there either. Huh. Did they take them to Canterlot?”

“YOUUU!” Applejack yelled from the distance.

Steven turned around. He opened his arms wide when he recognized Applejack.

“Applejack! We thought you were dead!”

“Quit the act, will you?”

Steven widened his eyes, shocked by Applejack´s hostility towards him.

“Whoah whoah! What do you mean with that?”

“You know that better than us, you changeling!” Autumn Blaze pointed at him.

Steven Magnet held his laughter.

“Don´t laugh this is serious!” Limestone stomped her hoof against the ground.

“Honey, I´m no changeling. It´s me, Steven Magnet!”

“If it´s really you, the why are you doing here?”

“Helping Rarity!”

Everypony widened their eyes.

“Ok. I did not expect that.” Autumn Blaze said.

Applejack sat down, shocked by Steven´s reply. Was it really true? Was Rarity alive? So many questions were rushing her mind.

“Is this some kind of joke? Because it is, it´s not funny.”

“I´m telling you, she´s right here. I suppose you two came for the same thing. Looking for your sisters, am I right?”

“Yeah! We are! Where is she?”

“Go on, she´s inside!” Steven invited her to enter.

Limestone and Marble held Applejack.

“Ok. Now I am little suspicious.” Limestone Pie scowled at Steven.

Marble nodded her head.

“Oh come on, it´s me, I´m telling you!”

Applejack bit her lip.

“Fine, we´ll wait till she gets out. If you don´t believe me, you´ll see it yourself.”

Steven held his head high.

“Do we wait for something to happen?” Sugar Belle asked Applejack.

“I don´t know. He could be telling the truth. And at the same time he couldn´t.”

“Whenever happens, we´ll be here.” Big Mac reassured her.

Applejack smiled at him. Suddenly, Rarity and her friends got out of the school, holding their head down due to the sadness of not finding Sweetie Belle. But their expressions changed when they saw Applejack.

“See? What did I tell you?” Steven said victorious.

Applejack and Rarity looked at each other. Tears of joy started forming in their eyes.

“Ra- Rarity?”

“Applejack?”

Rarity was about to walk down the stairs. But something made her not to. Suddenly, in front of Applejack, a whole started forming on the ground. Soon, they knew who was responsible for said whole, as three certain Diamond Dogs peeked out their heads.

“Is this Canterlot?” Spot asked.

“No, this is Ponyville, you idiot!” Rover scolded him.

“I told you Canterlot is farther away, didn´t I?” Fido told Spot.

Rarity yelped.

“Gah! Diamond Dogs!” she ignited her horn.

“Isn´t that pony we ponynapped?”

“Yup.”

The dogs hugged each other tightly.



“Wait!” Applejack jumped over their heads. “They´re by our side.”

Rarity stopped lightning her horn. Slowly, she frowned.

“You´re not Applejack. You´re a changeling!”

“Wait. What?”

“Ha! How does that feel?” Steven pointed at her.

“Whatever made you think I was a changeling?”

“Applejack would never ally with the Diamond Dogs.”

“I can explain-”

“I don´t want to hear them. What you did was very harmful. I´ve been through a lot, and you passing as my friend.”

“I am Applejack! she gasped. “What if you are the changeling?” Applejack accused Rarity.

“Excuse me?! I am the real me.”

Rarity and Applejack kept arguing on their identity. Tempest, Capper, Coco and Sunset watched the scene.

“Do you think she´s the real Applejack?” Sunset asked.

“I think she is. Applejack behaved like that when she and Rarity helped me in Manehattan. If she isn´t, that changeling is a great actor!”

“Really? Cause I don´t trust her.” Tempest said.

“You never trust anypony.” Capper told Tempest.

“Fair point.”

Meanwhile, Rainbow and her group reunited with the wonderbolts.

“Did you find anything?” Soarin asked Rainbow.

“Surprisingly, there wasn´t any changelings or students.” Rainbow exclaimed. “Maybe, they´ve been taken to Canterlot, I don´t know.”

“Let´s go back to my ship then.” Celaeno said.

But just when they were about to leave, Rainbow noticed something. She saw two mares arguing in a circle made by ponies and other creatures. After looking harder, she realized those two mares were Rarity and Applejack.

“It can´t be…” she thought aloud, while tears were forming in her eyes.

“Dash! Are you coming?” Gilda asked.

But Rainbow gave no answer. She directly flied to her friends.

“Wait!”

Rainbow landed in front of Applejack and Rarity.

“Girls! I can´t believe it! You´re alive?”

Applejack and Rarity blinked.

“Seriously?” Rarity said frustrated.

“Isn´t one changeling enough?” Applejack added.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

“You think I´m a changeling? Are you serious?”

“YES!” Rarity and Applejack replied in chorus.

“Well, let me tell you I´m the real Rainbow. And I´ll also say that it´s really suspicious you´re talking about changelings when there was not a single one inside the school.”

“Thank you!” Rarity agreed, but she quickly changed her mind when she realized what Rainbow meant. “Wait. What are you saying?”

“Well, it is suspicious of you to be accusing us as well.” Applejack pressed her nose against Rainbow.

“The same goes for you.”

The three mares kept on arguing. The members of their respective groups had no idea what to do. They seemed to be their real selves, but being in the times they were in… It was difficult to be certain about something. How to solve this mystery?

Luckily, Spike and all the allies were entering Ponyville. They were paying attention all around them to make sure everything was ok. The city was full of snow, but at least there wasn´t any changelings.

After some time walking, they were finally reaching Twilight´s castle and the School of Friendship.

“Look! There are ponies in there!” Trixie pointed at the distance.

“Not only ponies, other creatures as well.” Scorpan concreted after taking a better view.

“What could be happening there for catching many creatures´ attention?” Starlight wondered.

“No idea, but it could be important.” Sunburst agreed.

The student six and the cmc noticed three ponies. One was orange, other blue and the last one was white. They gasped in realization.

“Are those…” Silverstream began the question.

“Professor Applejack, Dash and Rarity?!” her friends finished the question.

“Our sisters?” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle asked in chorus with the student six.

Spike put his claws in his mouth. His eyes filled with tears.

“They´re alive?”

“It seems so.” Zecora replied with a smile full of hope. “Unless I see badly because of the snow.”

“Ok. One question, Pharynx.” Ember turned to the changeling. “Did every changeling that was with you return to their true forms.”

“Yeah! Each of us chased the students.”

“Yup. They´re them.” Ember confirmed to herself.

Without saying a word, Spike advanced towards Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow. Every creature followed him.

The more he approached, the more the tears were. The Apple and the Pie family and the kirins widened their eyes when they noticed him and gasped softly as they made way for him. Spike stopped walking when he was just in front of his three friends. The three mares didn´t see him coming at first, but they became aware of his presence when they heard his steps. At first, they were scowling at him, thinking it was just another changeling. But after seeing the way he looked at them, with eyes full of tears, they knew it was the real him.

“Spike!” the three mares exclaimed in chorus.

They looked at each other.

“Wait.” Rainbow Dash said.

“If we´re all having the same reaction to Spike,” Rarity continued.

“That means…” Applejack finished.

Their eyes filled with tears while looking at each other. They screamed in joy before hugging each other.

“Girls!” Spike ran towards them.

They opened their forelegs so Spike could fit in the hug.

“I´d thought I´d never see any of you again.” Applejack told all of them.

“Neither did I!” Rainbow sobbed.

“I did know we were going to reunite. But in the afterlife!” Rarity sniffed. “I´m glad we lived to see each other again.”

Spike dried his eyes.

“You seem to have a better colour and more energy.” he gasped. “Did you get your magic back?”

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity looked at each other. Spike was right, the same happened to the three mares.

“I think so.” Applejack replied.

“How did it happen to you?” Rarity asked curiously.

“Well, we were talking and suddenly magic surrounded her and then boom! A flash.” Gabby explained excitedly.

“Really? Because that´s the same that happened to me!” Rarity put her hoof on her chest.

“And to me.” Applejack added.

“That´s something very curious, indeed.” Spike thought aloud.

“But one thing´s for sure. I don´t think this would have happened without their help.” Rarity looked at Capper, Tempest, Coco, Sunset and Steven Magnet, who smiled warmly back at her.

“Yeah, the same goes for you guys.” Applejack looked at her family, Bon Bon and the kirins tenderly. They smiled in pride.

“You´re the best!” Rainbow said to the griffons, wonderbolts and Lyra.

“Well, I don´t have my magic back, but I also had lots of support to carry on.” Spike said while looking back.

Every creature stared in awe at Spike´s company. He had every leader of other nation, the pillars, Stygian, Scorpan, the students of the school of friendship, Starlight, Trixie, Sunburst, Zecora, the cmc and Punja by his side.

The cmc called Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow.

“Applejack!”

“Rarity!”

“Rainbow Dash!”

They ran to their respective sisters´ forelegs. Tears of joy were in their eyes.

Later, it would be the student six who would join the hug.

“Professors!” they exclaimed in chorus.

They jumped on to them, making them fall on their backs. Although it hurt them a little, they laughed with cheer. Starlight, Trixie, and Sunburst bowed down on the floor.

“Thank goodness you´re fine!” Sunburst exclaimed.

“I thought I had lost my friends forever!” Starlight cried.

“No kidding, she fainted when she heard what happened.” Trixie said.

The three mares smiled tenderly at them. Then, the pillars approached them.

“You can´t imagine how much happiness it brings us to see you alive.” Starswirl dried a tear.

“It´s a really big relief.” Mistmane agreed.

“It´s also a relief to see you alright too.” Applejack nodded her head.

“Well, not really. Unlike you, we haven´t got our magic back.” Stygian lamented.

“But thanks to Spike, we felt useful.” Flash Magnus looked at Spike.

“He did?” Rarity asked while smiling at Spike.

“This guy?” Punja surrounded him with her foreleg. “The fact that he´s amazing isn´t something you can´t deny.”

“He gave us hope when I couldn´t.” Somnambula explained.

“He helped us to organize ourselves for the battle.” Queen Novo added.

“And he let us help with ideas!” Smolder and her friends smiled.

“Battle? You are planning on facing Grogar?” Rainbow asked.

“What you heard!” Skystar confirmed.

Rarity looked at Spike.

“You did all of this?”

“After Twilight´s death, I knew I had to do something for her. I didn´t expect to have so much support. At first it was me, the pillars, Stygian and Scorpan. But then, all of them rescued me. And even though I don´t have my magic, I knew I could help by planning and maintaining everypony together, like she would have liked. I don´t know if it will be enough to get Grogar out of the throne, but this was all I could do.”

Without expecting it, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow hugged Spike.

“It is enough.” Rarity replied.

“You did a great job.” Applejack congratulated him.

“We love you buddy.” Rainbow told him.

Spike´s eyes filled with tears. Suddenly, the same light that appeared before in Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, surrounded Spike. They walked backwards scared, but at the same time they were appreciating the phenomenon, as so did every creature. Until the flash of light disappeared, there was silence.

“Huh. So that´s what they saw when this happened.” Rainbow chuckled.

Spike opened his eyes.

“What happened?”

“The same thing that happened to us.” Applejack replied.

“You got your magic back!” Rarity exclaimed excited.

Spike blinked. He opened his wings and jumped, trying to see if he could fly. And he did. It was true! He had his magic back!

“It´s back! It´s back! Woohoo!” Spike cheered.

Every creature cheered in return.

“Wish the same thing could happen to us.” Rockhoof whispered in Meadowbrook´s ear.

“To be honest, me too.” she whispered in return.

Spike stopped flying.

“But wait. Why did this happen with me? I mean, I get you, but me? I´m not connected to any element!”

“That might be true, but you are one of us, Spike.” Rarity hugged him.

Spike hugged her in return.

“I hate to interrupt all these touchy moments of reconnection, but we have a ram to defeat, don´t we?” Gilda said after yawning.

Rainbow smirked in return.

“Of course!” she jumped from the ground to begin to fly. “Come on every creature! To Canterlot!”

Every creature agreed and started walking.

Applejack and Rainbow noticed Lyra and Bon Bon kissing and hugging each other as they walked together, which reminded them of something.

“Um… Rainbow, when this is over, I need to talk to you about something important.”

“Yeah, me too. But it´s not something bad! Just to make clear.”

“I know that already.” Applejack smiled at Rainbow, which made her smile in return.