• Published 9th Jul 2020
  • 2,441 Views, 36 Comments

Isekai: Sword And Sorcery - The REAL Seth Standmore



A junior student at The Nodachii Sword Academy is sent to Equestria in an isekai adventure for the ages. A true hero of justice, can he save Equestria from it's self? And why the heck does Fluttershy keep looking at him like that?!

  • ...
22
 36
 2,441

Chapter One: Van of Destiny

INTRO THEME:

C.L. Strife PRESENTS

ISEKAI: SWORD AND SORCERY

CHAPTER ONE:

VAN OF DESTINY

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...!"

I breathed hard and panted with sweat sticking my clothes to my body, my black gi and white belt fluttered all around my body as I charged at my sword's master, my blunt training katana held up high. He smirked and stepped out of the way just as I got close to him but I stopped and swung at the spot where I knew, he would be. My sword hit him in the ribs and he yelled in pain and surprise, falling over his cries turned to laughs and he patted me on the back.

"Well done Mingus!" My sword teacher, Boromatsu-San told me. "You anticipated my moves very well. I predict that you will someday be an evens tronger sword's man than I am!"

I smirked and said "Yeah well, something tells me I don't have to wait that long."

Boromatsu-San got a sweat drop and his eyelid's twitched. I felt the pain like a blunt katana sword in my shin whacking me, and I yelled in pain, hopping up and down really fast. "OWWWWWW!" I whined.

"Yeah, thats what I thought, you still have a long way to go young grass hopper." He said standing up and putting his sword in its sheath. "Now bow to me you little whipper snapper."

I had waterfall tears going down my face but I bowed to him anyway. Boromatsu-San was the finest sword's master in Nodachii Academy and I needed to show him respect he deserved.

My name is Mingus Miyamoto, I'm a fourteen year old student here at Nodachii Academy in Montgomery Alabama. I'm tall for my age, six feet to be exact, and I have spikey brown hair that usually has an ahegao sticking out the top of it. When I was young I lost my family in a mysterious accident, all I know about it was that my house was bombed and, a van with a picture of a red pill was parked outside when it happened. I swore revenge and joined Nodachii Academy to gather the skills I needed to go after the ones who killed my parents, and for six years now Boromatsu-San had worked hard to turn me into the finest sword's man in all of America. So far I was at the top of my class, I barely had time to do all my studying so my grades were never that good, but who needs to know how to do math when you can cut head's off?

If only I could get over my shyness and my clumsiness and learn how to talk to girls without tripping on myself....heheh...

"Well I'd better hit the shower's." I confidently smirked to Boromatsu-San. "Thanksfor the great practice old man, I hope you got something out of it too."

Boromatsu-San got another sweat drop, and sighed. "One day you'll learn how to be humble." He said to me.

I walked out of the dojo and into the halls of Nodachii Academy. I passed by all my other classmates in their school uniforms. THe girls were in fuku skirts of course, while the boys were all wearing gis of white clothe and black belts, unlike mine which was a black gi with a white belt. Boys and girls were talking to each other, laughing and smiling and joking around, some of them had big bright red and pink blushing faces, and one boy had a red hand mark on his face, I knew he had been slapped. There could only be one reason.

The Battle Ball was coming up and, the boys and girls were looking for dates. I sighed knowing that, I would probably not get one for the third year in a row.

Igot to the showers and took a quick one, then got out and looked at myself in the mirror. I knew I was handsome with my chiseley good looks, jaw, chin, cheekbones, and tepid purple eyes not to mention my hair, but I never felt handsome. Girls came up to me sometimes to flirt and I just never knew what to say back to them, it was insane!

"GRRRR! WHY CAN'T I TALK TO GIRLS?!?!?!?!?!?!" I groaned unconfidently as I fell on the ground with a vein popping on my forehead.

Someone flushed the toilet just then and said. "Well dude, you can be talented or you can be good at talking to girls, you can't be both."

I turned around and brushed my brown bangs out of my head. Out of the bathroom stall came my best friend, his name was Brandon Anderson but we all just call him The Bastard. The Bastard is about four foot twelve inches with a big belly and man boobs, but he's clever and funny, all the girls like him. I always see him walking around with another girl on his arm, except the one that he knows not to go near or else I'll beat him up. The Bastard and I had been friends ever since I first came to Nodachii Academy, and even though he teases me a lot I'd never give up his friend ship.

"What's up my man?" Said The Bastard slapping my back. "You thinking about asking someone out yet or did you already and that's why you're here."

"Still thinking." I said blushing. "I'm working my way up to it okay?!?!?!?!"

"Yeah yeah." The Bastard snickered and smirked at me. "You know if you like Homura you should just ask her out--"

"DON'T SAY HER NAME! SO LOUD!" I hissed grabbing his mouth and quieting him.

He laughed at me and said "Come on dude, I got good news. You better finish getting dressed, if you go out like that well, I don't think anyone will be too impressed." He pointed at my crotch.

I looked down. Then I blushed, my whole body turned red, and I covered my crotch with my hands.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I WAS NAKED???"

***COMMERCIAL TIME***

***WE NOW RETURN TO OUR SHOW***

Now that I was dressed I was walking through the halls with The Bastard, my hands were behind my head. Out in the front of the school in the lobby were the trophy cases, all the trophy's we got for competing in sword competitions. Half of them were mine. Nodachii Academy wasn't known for bieng a strong dualing school until I signed up for the duals, but ever since I went on our kendo, fencing and muay thai squads we'd gotten much better. The only thing I hadn't started learning yet was mark's manship, I disdain guns as cowardly weapons but, The Bastard is a huge gun-fanatic.

We stopped at the lobby and I jumped behind a trophy-case shushing The Bastard. "Look............... there she is." I whispered.

Homura Johnson was the most beautiful and popular girl in the entire school............ like me she was fourteen, and quite beautiful. Her long black tresses hung down to the bottom of her back, she had this habit of flipping it around with her hand, and always looked so beautiful doing it. Her purple eyes shone with beauty, but also sadness and pain. I wondered if someone hurt her in the past...maybe that's why she was so friendly, she wanted to make sure nobody would ever get hurt like her again.

She was standing with her two friends Utena Thompson and Usagi Levine, laughing. I frowned, my head slid down my neck in depression as a rain cloud appeared over my head. "She's enver going to notice me." I mumbled to The Bastard.

"Dude." Said The Bastard. "I got big news for you...as you know I'm going out with Utena Thompson, and guess what she said about Homura?"

"She wears black panty's? I already knew that though." I showed him my Homura Journal. With a nose bleed.

He thumped me on the head, a band aid appeared over it where he had hit me. "Don't be a pervert." Said The Bastard with his eye's closed. "Anyway she told me that Homura totally likes you. She's got the biggest crush on you ever!"

Just then Homura noticed me standing behind the trophy case. She closed her eyes and waved at me with a smile. I could tell she was blushing. I waved back at her, also blushing. Then I blushed.

"Are you sure she like's me dude?" I questioned to The Bastard.

The Bastard sweat dropped. And said "Dude would I ever lie to you?"

"Uh yes you would." I said with a sweat drop.

Then The Bastard laughed and rubbed the back of his head. "Well I'm not lying to you this time I mean. Now come on!" He pulled me out from the tropy case and shoved me towards Homura and her two friends. I stumbled wheeling my arms rapedly fast. "WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!" I yelled as I stumbled. Then I fell on my face in front of Homura. Wheels went around my head in dizzyness.

Looking up, Homura was giggling. Her friends were looking at me with concern. "Are you alright Mingus?" She held out her hand./

Blushing I took her hand and let her help me up. I will never wash this hand again. I thought.

"Yeah um, I guess I am," I nodded to her. "Hey um, Homura, can we talk about something?"

Both her friends went chibi and looked at me with big eyes going "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!" "I wonder what he could want." Snickered Utena.

"Chill out babe." Laughed The Bastard. He was coming up to us. THen he said to Utena. "Come on babe, let's leave these two alone for a while. They need to have a nice chat."

They laughed and wandered off, they were holding hands. I looked at them with a frown. "I wonder what they are going to do next." I grumped with annoyence.

Homura giggled at me and looked at me, flipping her hair and opening her deep purple yes. "WHat was it you wanted to talk to me about Mingus?" She spoke beautifully to me.

I blushed. "Well its such a beautiful day...I wonder if we could go outside? For a walk."

"I would like that very much." Homura smiled.

I went outside of the school with Homura, the sun was shining bright and yellow, and the wind blew sakura leafs all over the yard. Looking around, it was perfect. Homura was beautiful. As beautiful as the day. I knew then that I loved her. Like I always will.

We were standing on the sidewalk and I said. "Homura...have you ever had a boyfriend before?"

Homura giggled and put her hand against her mouth. "You know it's funny but I don't. Every one is always so surprised but the truth is most boys find me a little intimating. Its hard to meet one who is as relaxed and cool with me as you are Mingus."

I gulped. If only she knew.

"Now Mingus have you ever had a girlfriend?" Winked Homura.

I blushed and said. "N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-no Homura, I h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-haven't. But um." I blushed and said with all of my courage. "Would you go to the Battle Ball with me?"

Homura gasped. Her eyes went wide. A red blush creased her cheeks. I stood there thinking I blew it! All my chances with her! Ruined! I groaned. The Bastard was wrong about her after all!

Then she giggled and said the words which I knew would make me the happiest. "Yes Mingus. I would love to go to the Battle Ball with you."

It was like fireworks went off inside of my heart! "YAHOO!" I wanted to scream. But that would have been beneath the dingity of a master sword's man like myself. So instead I said.

"Hehehehehehhe. Amazing."

Then Homura giggled and ran into the street shaking her arms and her fuku skirt was fluttering. She turned around and flipped her hair at me. She said. "On one condition, first you have to catch me!"

I smirked. She really did like me as much as I liked her. But my smirk turned to horror when I heared the car horn down the road and looked over to see a van barreling toward Homura down the street at sixty miles per hour. I gasped when I saw what was on the side of it.

"A red pill!" I gasped. "Just like the van that killed my parents!"

Homura got a look of horror on her face. She looked at me with horror. "MINGUS!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOMURA!!!!!!!!" I said as I rant oward her in slow motion. I got to her just as the van was about to hit her and shoved her out of the way. But there wasn't enough time for me to get out of the way before I got hit! Knowing the endw as near I cringed and looked her in the eye.

"Homura.......... I've always loved you! I'm sorry it took me so long to say it!"

Then I closed my eyes as I felt the van hit me, I sprawled out on the ground my world going dark and fading away as all I could hear was her voice shouting.

"MIIIIIIIIIIINGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!!!!!"

***ROLL CREDITS***

***POST-CREDITS SCENE***

In a dark cavern a figure kneeled, a blonde haired pony in a dark robe that hid her white coat and blonde mane. "Sire we've done it. The chosen one is no more."

"Excellent." Said the one on the throne in the cavern. "Then nothing now will stand in our way...and Equestria will be mine once again. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

Who is this villain? We'll find out next time in ChapTer Two!

Author's Note:

AUthor's note If you are wondering I think that Johnny Bosh is a good voice for Mingus while, The Bastard wood be playe'd by the fat guy from the Nutshack and Homura of course is played by Christine Venenzuela and Usagi and Utena are both played by who playued them in the anime, can you guess what happens next?