• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 1,517 Views, 212 Comments

The Stone Chisel Way - King Genesis



An infamous earth pony burglar imprisoned in Tartarus tries to escape from there but commits the worst mistake of his life while trying to, setting free something... not good.

  • ...
8
 212
 1,517

Tabloid's Articles, #1: A Chiselled Cage

A CHISELLED CAGE

An article written by Tabloid, veteran journalist of the Manehattan Gazette.

The day has finally arrived, hasn't it?

I remember this time where Stone Chisel was in all of the newspapers of the town. He did this, he did that... and everypony who tried to look for him and kick his butt simply failed. All of my fellows I know always told me their only dream they thought about was beating up Stone Chisel, and if you ask me if I had that stupid dream on my mind, I'll reply to you that I had it sometimes. I've got to admit it.

As a veteran unicorn, with my hooves trembling, my body shaking and being helped by my assistant, journalist Ink Pot, and with that I mean I'm also hardly writing anything, I must say Stone Chisel was one of the most shocking, crashing and also funniest (you've got to admit it, my fellow pony) things, and I would dare to say characters, that I've seen in my long life. While Princess Celestia, her sister Luna and her famous student Twilight Sparkle, who I met thanks to her brave feat against wicked lord Tirek, have defeated the most dangerous villains Equestria has ever seen, such as King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis and Discord... Stone Chisel was free. It's ironic to learn that it was more complicated for the kingdom to catch an earth pony rather than a powerful being like Tirek. However, what makes me laugh even more than this pitiful, pathetic game of hide-and-seekof the royal guards and the thief, is that special behaviour of Stone Chisel that no pony else has. That way of making fun of others, laughing at them... the stallion clearly has got certain talent with that. I honestly think this Stone Chisel doesn't fool around with what's he doing, and that's why they gave him that certain spot on the Tartarus which everyone is talking about.

When the news came to me, I thought it was too much for Stone Chisel to stay on the Tartarus, but well, everybody's got an opinion. The news also said he denied an offer from Twilight Sparkle to become her personal student in ways of friendship, something that if he could have accepted, it would have been such a perfect, bittersweet ending, but Stone Chisel really ruined my dreams. That good ending I was waiting, little filly, was eventually ruined, and I already know this was going to happen. What calls my mind is that, according to a fellow of mine, the Royal Guards of Canterlot had a cage on Tartarus especially reserved for him, near the cages of Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow. Is this evidence of the anxiety the guards had while trying to catch the thief? The hate they had on him because his ass was nowhere to be seen? Is this the chiselled cage everyone was waiting for? I could say the hate does exist on their minds, I mean, who did humiliate the Royal Guards in such way? Only Stone Chisel could have done that, and what about the town of Ponyville, Canterlot, the natal Manehattan? The Great Galloping Gala and the Crystal Faire? Huh? That hate is finally spread like perfume on the bathroom. The chiselled cage is now in front of our eyes, fellows, and I'm afraid that, despite Stone Chisel is a robber and I've dreamt kicking his booty more than once, we lost the opportunity to learn more about one of the most important characters of the showbiz of Equestria.