• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 1,517 Views, 212 Comments

The Stone Chisel Way - King Genesis



An infamous earth pony burglar imprisoned in Tartarus tries to escape from there but commits the worst mistake of his life while trying to, setting free something... not good.

  • ...
8
 212
 1,517

Surigate

Arc II - Chapter VIII - Surigate

MANEHATTAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
Interrogation File. Name - SuriGate
Date - XX-XXX-XXXX (12 HOURS BEFORE STONE CHISEL'S TRIAL)
Subject: Suri Polomare

Q: How did you meet Stolen Bag and Stone Chisel?

A: I've heard Stolen Bag's name even before he came to me with this project. He was a good friend of Hoity Toity and others in the showbiz, and then one day he appeared in my store. He asked for me and when I appeared, we had a conversation in private. He knew I was in trouble because of sales, so he told me he wanted to earn money and create a new business, and he offered me this project, which I eventually accepted because I didn't know what to do to get the sales back. I strongly regret my decision, but at that moment I was so desperate my mind couldn't let me see how bad was that situation. Then, the other stallion, Stone Chisel, came one day. Stolen Bag told me he found him trying to rob a purse in Baltimare, near Urushiol Forest. He would make some jokes but aside from that, he didn't talk too much. When we finished the first robbery in the Gala he started talking a bit more, but Stolen Bag was always the boss tongue of that group.

Q: Do you know how Hoity Toity and Stolen Bag knew each other?

I don't know. I've heard Stolen's father was Stolen Steel, a big stallion from the Equestrian underworld who had lots of contacts, and I mean, some strange contacts and his son ended up earning all of his businesses once he passed away, but I'm not sure. Maybe Hoity Toity was one of those contacts.

Q: Who worked on the project?

A: I thought at first it was only me, but then I found out there were others involved, such as Hoity Toity, Prim Hemline and Photo Finish. Stolen Bag and Stone Chisel were the ones who robbed, while the others, including me, paid them for what they did and then we resold the robbed stuff at higher prices.

Q: Did Coco Pommel, your assistant, know about the Surigate?

A: No, she didn't. She found out there were clothes that appeared in the store out of nowhere which she said looked like some she sold to clients, but didn't say anything else after that.

Q: Is there any explanation for Stone Chisel's dark mist?

A: I have no idea. Maybe it's chaos magic, but I'm not sure.

Q: Is there any relationship between the gems on the robbed clothes and Stone Chisel's parents' company, Shiny Picks?

A: No.

Q: And what about the red gem on Fancy Pants' monocle? It's a ruby, gem that Shiny Picks' workers exclusively mine.

A: (Long pause) I... Uh... I think it's from them, it could be... but from what I know, mister, the company was never mentioned on this project.

Q: Never?

A: Never.

Q: And is there any name related to the gems? Do you know who came up with it?

A: (nods her head)

Q: Who, then?

A: Stolen Bag. He may be.

Q: May? So you are not sure?

A: Uh... Not so sure, but I bet it's him, officer. He's the one who made this project. (nods her head. Not 100% sure)


Now all of Equestria knows about the ram. He has returned, and it has turned, from one day to another, to something completely serious. Celestia has been sending pegasi to other communities to inform them about it. The few, remaining royal pegasi. It's something risky to do and she knows that, but it's the only way to tell other communities what's happening on the lands. Everything to do to keep everybody safe. Thorax, Ember, Thunderhooves, Skystar, everyone. Everyone has to know.

Meanwhile, an orange, red-haired stallion enters the Castle of Friendship, which is now filled with Royal Guards. He knows something bad has happened, and he's there to know what, along with his mother Stellar Flare. Sunburst's there, and he comes across several guards, running and trying to find Twilight or Starlight or somepony else to tell him what happened, to offer his help to them... until a guard stops him when he is about to enter a door. "You can't enter."

"Please," he says, desperately. "I'm a friend of Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer who's just read the scoop of Tabloid about Tenebris. I want to know if I can help."

Sunburst then looks at the guard. It's a crystal pony. If the Crystal Guards are here that means this is something much worse. Then, the crystal guard looks at one of his partners, this time a dark brown crystal unicorn dressed in silver armour and a helmet with a light blue gem on it. According to his attitude and clothing, Sunburst thinks he's some kind of leader. "Shiny Mercury," says the guard who stopped Sunburst. "Leader Shiny Mercury."

He hears his name. Leader Shiny Mercury. The dark brown unicorn passes by Stellar Flare and Sunburst and looks at the guard. "Tell me."

The rookie guard, in front of his leader, turns around and looks at both orange ponies, covered in confusion. Then he approaches the leader's ear and starts whispering: "He said he knew Starlight Glimmer... What should I do?"

Sunburst knows something bad has happened. "Did something come out wrong?" asks Stellar Flare, but neither of the two guards answers her. They keep talking and Sunburst wants to talk again, until the guard trots away, leaving Shiny Mercury alone with a lump in his throat.

He takes a breath and looks at Sunburst just to say: "Yes," he says.

"What? says Sunburst, approaching the guard. "What happened?"

He closes his eyes, taking a long breath. "Starlight Glimmer..."

Sunburst's eyes open widely while he starts trembling. "She... she what?"

"She has passed away. Her body is resting on the Throne Room in silence and with respect." Then, the leader raises his hoof to the friend. "My apologies." Both of them, mother and son, stay in silence. Sunburst looks around him, trembling, trying to process what Leader Shiny Mercury has just said.


Meanwhile, inside the Throne Room, the Elements, Spike, Trixie, the Princesses and Canterlot's Royal Guards' new leader, Big Stomp, are trying to relax, not looking at Starlight's body, resting on the Throne Table. Twilight is the only one that is looking at her until Rarity and Spike come across the princess. "I've already sent a letter to Firelight," whispers Spike. "But he hasn't answered yet. I don't even know if he's going to read it..."

"I don't think so," replies Twilight, coldly. "Firelight is going to take a long time to arrive here, firstly, he will have to make himself understand it... outlive your parents has to hurt... but outlive your own children..."

"That's..." says Rarity, crying. "That's... terrifying."

"Firelight will never be the same after this," says the dragon, cleaning his eyes, but Twilight dares to correct:

"Nopony will ever be the same after this, Spike."

On the other hand, Celestia and Luna, while waiting for those pegasi to arrive, are talking to Big Stomp, which has to do his next mission: "Ok," says Luna to the new leader. "Now that you are the new leader, I want you to take all of your crew to the Crystal Empire, along with Crystal Guards' leader, Shiny Mercury. You must protect the prince, princess and Flurry Heart the firstborn."

Big Stomp tries not to at first, but he has to. He feels that inside him. He knows that's unfair. Too unfair for him and especially the princesses: "But... princess," he says, almost angrily. "I have to protect you too."

But the Princesses don't say anything. Celestia only shakes her head, making Big Stomp nervous: "Don't," eventually ends up saying the Princess of the Sun. "If there's something that needs more protection than us is Shining Armor, Cadence and their daughter. The forest where Starlight Glimmer lost her life was near the Crystal Empire. You shou---"

"NO!" shouts a stallion who enters the Throne Room's door. An orange stallion along with his mother, looking at a Starlight with closed eyes and his loin covered with a white cloth with small pieces of gold, lying on the Throne Room. Her face, with closed eyes and blank skin, is soul-less, with no gestures. "NO! NO!" he shouts, looking at his childhood best friend in that state. "STARLIGHT!"

"SUNBURST!" shouts Twilight, getting between the body and the friend, but Sunburst tries to get her off, something that only worsens Twilight's mood. "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

"LOOK AT ME?" says Sunburst, hugging Twilight, in shock. "I... I can't... I can't... No... NO!"

"Take a breath..." says the princess, while everypony gathers around them both, trying to calm both Sunburst and his mother down. "I know this is bad... I know you want to avenge her..." she says, looking to the roof, holding her tears. Holding her inner anger. "But you've got to... you've got to take care of yourself, Sunburst... an enemy is out there... A big... one."

"I know," he answers, stuttering and trembling. "I've read... I've read it... The article... I remember reading about... the ram in my childhood and... and I know... he's crazy..." he says, crying and breathing without control, with a broken voice. "I came here to help you and Starlight... but now..."

"No!" shouts Spike. "Sunburst, Stellar Flare... you need to be safe, to keep quiet..." he whispers, about to cry. "We need to take care of ourselves..."

"Sunburst," whispers his mother. "Spike is telling you the same thing I told you before... I know this is not something we can swallow so easily but... we need to be--"

But, from out of nowhere, the pony turns around so quickly his glasses fall to the floor, almost breaking in half, while he looks at her. "MOTHER!" he shouts, trying to hold his tears. "She's dead! She passed away! She was MURDERED, isn't it? Tenebris killed her... as he did with Gusty the Great?... My friend's life was taken away from her, and I've got to avenge her! PRINCESS!"

The Princesses, who were only paying attention to what was happening with no commentaries from them, try to approach the traumatized stallion, trying to calm him down. "Sun--"

He's not even listening to them, though, due to he being lost in her own anger and resentment. "I'll join the crew that will defend you from the one who murdered my friend!"

The mother shouts "SUNBURST!" with a broken voice, and voices and shouts begin to spread in the room. Everyone wants to calm Sunburst down, who begins to shout, begging to be inside Shiny Mercury and Big Stomp's crew. Big Stomp thinks he can be a good warrior due to his magic, but then, the dark brown crystal unicorn with silver armour, that same guard who told the news to him, opens the door with a hoof kick.

"I'm afraid I won't follow your orders, Mr Sunburst," affirms Shiny Mercury, who everyone is looking at. "You must be safe, not risking your life in the battle."

"NO!" he shouts, trying not to process that information. "PLEASE! I NEED-"

However, the guard interrupts him, raising a hoof. "You don't need it. You need to be safe."

"NO!"

"SUNBURST!" shouts his mother, hugging him from behind, while her son crawls to the guard. "HE HAS ALREADY SAID IT! YOU CAN'T!"

"I CAN! I MUST!"

The situation is getting much worse inside the room, while everyone is gathering around Sunburst and Shiny Mercury, trying to soften the waters.

Everything has gotten out of control. The Harmony, right now, is flying away.


*TOC* TOC*

Somebody knocks on Ink Pot's apartment door. "Who is it?" shouts the journalist while calming Tabloid down, who is drinking a cup of tea and looking at Blister, who is waiting for a card or something to burp up, holding those leaves.

"Royal Guards of Canterlot Kingdom. You must open this door right now. If not, I'm afraid---"

Oh. Something serious, he has to open quickly.

The door is opened by Ink Pot and reveals the presence of two pegasi, both covered with golden armour. "Good evening," one of them says. "My name is Lieutenant Hoops," says a clear brown pegasus next to his partner, a grey one. "And next to me is Sergeant Score. We came here from Celestia to tell you the Crystal Empire's interview has been suspended."

"Um..." says Ink Pot, now with Tabloid and Blister behind him. "Well... I knew this was going to happen so..."

"And," says Score, raising his hoof. "We also came for something else."

Ink Pot, confused, stays frozen. "What?"

Now the two guards look at each other and begin to whisper. "Um..." says Tabloid. "What are you whispering, misters?"

"Um..." says Hoops, confused. "You know, uh... you knew Brave Position, right?"

"Of course, they knew him," replies Score, madly. "If they didn't... why would Brave Position be doing what he did?"

"Wait," says Ink Pot, in shock now. "You... you knew?"

And both guards nod their heads. "Yes," replies Hoops. "Celestia knew all this time Brave Position talked to you about everything that happened inside the Kingdom but..."

"No," says Ink Pot, frozen. "Look, um..." he starts sweating. "We did it because Brave Position wanted to, right? In any case---"

"We are not here because of that," interrupts Score. "We are here to tell you something happened to Brave Position."

Pure silence in the whole place, and at that time, Hoops and Score enter the apartment, without saying anything, while Blister closes the door. "What... do you mean with that?" says Ink Pot, looking at the guards passing by him. "He... was expelled? He..."

Score turns around and touches his loin with one of his hooves. "He has died."

Ink Pot's eyes almost come out of their orbits after listening to that. He shakes his head twice, sighs and turns around, looking at Tabloid and Blister, who are also in silence. "Excuse me..." he says. "I... I need to take a breath."

"Sure," says Hoops, in the middle of the silence. "My condolences, Mr Ink Pot."

Ink Pot turns around and enters his room, only to close the door after. Tabloid whispers something to Blister and then the baby dragon enters Ink Pot's room. At that right time, Tabloid looks at both pegasi standing in front of him:

"Such a horrifying piece of news."

"Yes, Mr Tabloid," affirms Score, nodding his head. "Absolutely horrifying..."

"Besides," says Hoops, looking at the floor, destroyed on his inside. "He was a great dude. Kind, a humble stallion."

"He died in that Tenebris' fight?" asks Tabloid. "Right?"

Score nods his head. "We only confirm it to you because Celestia wrote to you about this."

"No problem," says Tabloid, nodding his head. "And... now that you suspended our interview on the Crystal Empire... what would you do to protect it?"

Both guards look at each other. The game is about to start. "I'm afraid we can't tell you that," says Hoops. "It's confidential."

Tabloid rolls his eyes. He wants to know. His hypothesis wants to know. "Uh..." says the old unicorn, raising his eyebrows. "I won't say anything. I won't ever publish it in the media. I promise."

"No."

The journalist keeps talking. "I won't say anything..."

"No."

Tabloid then turns around and takes a breath. "OK, so..."

"So what?"

"I wanted to show you something before..." he says, turning around and shaking his head. "That's why I asked you this to make things simpler but... I'm afraid you will have to listen to what I have to say."

Score rolls his eyes. "And what do you have to say?"

"My hypothesis."

"Your theory about this?"

"Yes," answers the journalist, looking at both guards with a puppy face. The guards don't want to hear him, but at the same time they feel quite bad for that old unicorn. "Come on..." he adds. "I've been literally thinking this for about an hour and a half. Let me at least say it once."

Hoops sighs, looking at his partner, and nods his head while rolling his eyes. Tabloid's face starts to shine because of a grin he makes. "Don't you think we'll answer you after this," adds Score, the Royal Guard. "We won't share any confidential information."

"I don't care about that," says Tabloid, preparing his speech. "Just let me talk."

"Do it," says Score. "And fastly."

The journalist takes, maybe, the longest breath of the day and starts speaking, while holding a leaf with his magic: "Celestia wrote on this leaf he sent to my assistant Blister... that Tenebris had a battle where Starlight Glimmer, Flash Sentry, Spitfire and her Wonderbolts, along with, according to her, more than thirty-five Royal Guards, tragically passed away. Now, you come here telling me the interview of the Crystal Empire has been suspended. Firstly, why Celestia wrote to Blister on a leaf? That was the first thing that called my attention, so I began to investigate. A long, dark purple leaf which has a sour smell, to be honest. Do you want to smell it?"

"No," says Score, while Hoops is shaking his head..

"OK. So... we have this leaf with this colour, with this smell... and then, out of nowhere, I remembered I have a book in my room filled with papers and papers that was something a partner of the past gave to me. I'm not a big fan of gifts so I often forget them, but this time... thanks Celestia I found this. A book about Equestrian Geography that talked about this forest..."

Tabloid turns around again, looking at his room, but Hoops stops him: "Don't you dare to look for that book."

The journalist chuckles. "Sure, no problem, because I already remember the name of that forest... Beetroot Dark Forest, which has trees with long stumps, wide branches and their heads covered with big, dark purple leaves with a sour smell. Isn't that a coincidence?"

"No," says Hoops.

"It was a rhetoric question, mister."

Score chuckles a bit and now Tabloid raises a hoof. "Now, imagine I have a map here... Beetroot is the centre of my hoof. I saw the map of Equestria I had from my uncle, which is in my room, and I found out that if I slowly go to the left... to the left side of my hoof... I find a familiar place on the paper... a familiar place called... Crystal Empire."

Now everything is silent while Hoops and Score look at each other, trying to say something about what has just happened. Blister opens the door and looks at the old journalist. "You didn't talk about that in their faces... did you?" says the baby dragon.

"I had to say it," answers Tabloid. "I'm a journalist... so, any commentaries?"

"Bravo," says Hoops, sarcastically smiling. "We can't tell you anything, but the only thing we are authorized to say is... we can confirm..." then he stops smiling and sighs. He misses them. "We can confirm the place where my leader and my partners fought and sacrificed their lives... was in a dark forest."

Tabloid's eyes shine. "Beetroot?"

"No other questions will be answered," exclaims Score. "And don't ask us anything again about this, because we are in mourning because of Starlight Glimmer, Flash Sentry and my partners."

Tabloid takes a breath and nods his head. "My condolences."

"They have been accepted," whispers Score while passing by the journalist. "Remember the article you wrote, Tabloid. If you see something, call the Manehattan Police or send us a letter."

"Sure," he answers. "But I have to say something else..."

"Tabloid!" shouts the baby dragon. "They want to go, they are in mourning... Ink Pot's in mourning too! Don't you know? Calm down a bit!"

"I know, I know," says the journalist. "But it's something very important."

Score turns around and shakes his head. "We don't care, Tabloid. Good night."

"I won't ask you anything about the Crystal Empire, because, of what you told me and what I found out, I already know the Kingdom is protecting the Empire from Tenebris... but, I have a question..."

Hoops stops and rolls his eyes, tired of listening to him. "Every crystal pony, including the emperors and the baby, will be OK, Tabloid... and I won't say anything else. It's not your business due to it being confidential."

"I know, you said the emperors and their daughter will be OK... the crystal ponies will be protected but..."

Blister rolls his eyes, looking at the guards and dares to open the door for them. "Goodbye, Tabloid. Send my condolences to Ink Pot," adds Hoops.

Tabloid, however, puts his final card on the table: "What about the Crystal Heart?"

Hoops gets out of the apartment but Score stops right there, looking at Tabloid. "What?"

The journalist raises an eyebrow. "What what?"

"What did you say?"

"The Crystal Heart... it has to be protected too."

"Um... yeah," he says, nodding his head with seriousness. "It will be OK too, Tabloid. Goodbye."

Score gets out of the apartment and Blister closes the door right after he starts walking in the building's aisle. Hoops is waiting for him on the stairs. "What were you doing?" he asks.

"I have a question, Hoops."

"What?"

"Did Shiny Mercury...?"

"Shiny Mercury?" interrupts Hoops. "The leader of the Crystal Guards? I haven't even talked to him."

"I know, you fool," says Score. "But... did he tell Big Stomp what was he going to do with the Crystal Heart?"

Hoops, at this right moment, shakes his head. "No... why do you say that?"

Score gets downstairs with his partner, also shaking his head with a helmet. "Oh, snap."


At the Castle of Friendship, everything has calmed a bit. Sunburst decided to take a breath outside, and that's why his mother and Trixie are outside the Castle with him, also being along with Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy, while Twilight and Spike are taking care of a hurt Rainbow Dash in the Throne Room, next to Starlight's cold presence. "Can you walk...?"

"Of course, I can walk, Spike," the pegasus says. "I'm... I'm a bit better but I can't..."

"You can't what?"

She only shakes her head. "I can't be... I can't be my old self anymore."

"No one," says Twilight, turning around and looking at Starlight. "No one can be their old self after this, Dash."

Rainbow Dash nods her head and suddenly she closes her eyes, holding her head. Spike asks: "Are you OK with your head?" he almost shouts while asking that, and tries to hold Rainbow's head, but the pegasus nods.

"Yes, I'm OK," she says. "It's only, uh... I think," she says, closing her eyes, trying to remember something. "I remember somepony... somepony told me something."

"What?" asks Spike, approaching her. "When? Where?"

"When I was in the forest... I... I swear I've heard it."

"Are you sure you are not raving, Dash?" asks Twilight, turning around. "You were almost unconscious..."

"No..." she says, looking at the Princess. "I've heard something... Someone talked to me. I think it was..."

"...Someone of them?" asks Spike. "T... Tenebris?"

"No," she adds, shaking her head. "It was a young voice... it didn't sound like Tirek, or Chrysalis or..."

"Young voice?" says Spike, aloud. "Cozy Glow."

"No, it was not a girly voice... it was..."

Spike then grabs his card: "Stone Chisel."

Silence in the Throne Room, between the three of them, until Rainbow Dash, after deviating her sight to everywhere, exclaims: "I listened to him."

"And he said what?"

But then, the pegasus shakes her head. "I've heard he was talking about a kidnapping... but... I don't know if he said something else."

"Discord," says Twilight Sparkle. "Maybe it was because Discord was actually kidnapped by them... and we need to know how, because if they could bring Discord down..."

Rainbow Dash moves her head at the same time Twilight looks at her eyes. She shakes it, twice, only to look at the Princess' bloodshot eyes. "What is up to us, then?" she whispers.


At the midnight, two flying creatures, hiding under a shadow, land inside a dark, scary forest. They think they landed in the wrong place, due to there being only darkness around them, until they see, from far, far away, a small light that comes from a spark of fire. Both creatures stop hiding under shadows, revealing to be Galloway and Light Eater. Once they get nearer the light, they come across a small wooden hut, illuminated by a campfire outside. Several creatures of all kinds, griffons, kirins, ponies, dragons, yaks and also changelings are sleeping around the campfire, revealing everything to be a community.

"Be silent," whispers Galloway to the bat pony, who rolls his eyes.

"I'm not a kid, Galloway," he says, and then opens the wooden hut's door, where a beige pony with red hair and purple eyes is waiting for them, illuminated by a lantern. She has a lovely cheesecake as a cutie mark. "Galloway," whispers the female pony to the griffon. "Where are they?"

Galloway closes the door in Light Eater's nose, something that makes the bat pony mad, so he opens the door again, angrily. "I'm here too, you know?" he whispers.

Galloway smiles while rubbing her hair with one of her claws. "Sorry, my mistake," she says, and then she points at the pony. "I've got them in my bag," she tells the pony. "Where's LaCrowley, Cheesecake?"

Cheesecake nods her head, smiling, and goes to a room behind the hut. "They are here," whispers to someone, and a light is turned on from the inside right after she leaves the room. The light reveals the shadow of an old, thin stallion which covers the whole hut's wall and roof. Galloway sighs while looking at the shadow, while the bat pony observes how it becomes bigger and bigger. "Release them, Galloway."

Galloway does what Cheesecake told her and lets the three ponies go out of the bag. Iron Pick, Poofy Lantern and Trustlight open their eyes. The two male ponies are still fighting until they realize they are in a different place. Poofy Lantern also thinks the same. "Wha..." stutters Iron Pick getting up, and recognizing Galloway. "Where in the hell are we, scumbag?"

"I've told you," says Galloway. "Don't you dare to curse me, and please, talk lowly. We have partners sleeping."

"Partners?" says Iron Pick. "Where are we? What's this place...? What... what... what kind of sect is this?"

"Sect?" shouts Cheesecake. "What are you talking about? This is not a sect."

Poofy Lantern opens the hut's door and finds all of the creatures sleeping out there, only to close it again. "There are... there are ponies, kirins, griffons... all are sleeping... out there..." she says, surprised, looking at her husband.

"Sleeping creatures?" says Trustlight. "Wooden hut? Campfire? I've got to agree with you, Iron Pick, this is a sect, and I don't like this."

"I've already told you it's not a sect!" shouts Cheesecake, this time louder, although having a really soft voice. "And, by the way, who's this, Galloway? Mr LaCrowley only wanted Iron Pick and Poofy Lantern."

"I didn't want to put him in the bag," replies Galloway, rolling her eyes. "But he was fighting with Iron Pick so I had to. He's Trustlight, which is also Cozy Glow's father."

Trustlight, after listening to that, looks at the griffon with pure hatred, who only winks an eye at him, smiling. "What?" now exclaims Cheesecake. "Wow... that's particularly interesting..."

"Screw this!" now shouts Iron Pick. "Screw this sect, screw you, griffon, screw that bat pony, screw you, pony and... and..." the father looks at the shadow on the wall. "What's that?" he shouts. "Is it you, Mr LaCocky?"

"LaCocky?!" now shouts Cheesecake, crazily. "What did you say? How dare you disrespect someone in that way!"

"Mr LaCrowley."

A low voice resonates everywhere in the hut. So low it makes the small light from the room shiver, something that calls everyone's attention. Cheesecake intentionally gets next to the door where LaCrowley is staying, to stop everyone who dares to enter that room. The father nods his head, laughing, and looks at his wife. "Is it you, Mr LaCrowley?"

The shadow nods its head. "Yes."

"And tell me... what's your emergency, for you to get me out of my beloved building with my wife and my partner?"

The shadow moves his head, rising it. "Beloved?"

Iron Pick looks at Trustlight with nonchalance. "Yes," pronounces the owner. "Beloved."

"If it wasn't for me you would have already died on your beloved building, Iron Pick."

Poofy Lantern raises her eyebrows, knowing the shadow's right, but if there's somepony that can't agree with that, it's the same Iron Pick. "Screw you, shadow!" he shouts. "Coward! COWARD! Show yourself! Why did you want me to come here?"

The father finds out there's light coming out of a room Cheesecake is trying to hide. She now covers the door, letting the light not come out, fading LaCrowley's shadow. "Get out of here, you," he exclaims, but then, while running onto her, he trips over and falls to the ground. His wife and also the bat pony come to check over him, letting Cheesecake come out of her spot and revealing the shadow of LaCrowley one more time, only to find out that Iron Pick has all of his hooves tied with a rope. "A rope?" says Poofy Lantern, confused. "How did you trip over with a rope?"

"My rope," answers LaCrowley from the room. "Now... will you let me talk, Poofy Lantern?"

Poofy Lantern knows that rope didn't come out of anywhere. LaCrowley may have created it with some strange magic she doesn't know about, and she knows, right inside her, that stallion with a low voice, hiding in a room and getting illuminated with light, showing his shadow on a wall... can be dangerous. "What do you want to talk about..." asks Poofy Lantern, only to end up with a: "... Sir?"

"Sir?" whispers her husband from the ground. "You called him sir?"

Iron Pick dares to shout, but Galloway gets nearer to him and uses one of her claws to cover his mouth. Poofy Lantern doesn't even react to that, while Trustlight chuckles. Mr LaCrowley moves his head, again, and this time the shadow looks like it is straightly looking at the mother, who's trembling a bit, waiting for the answer.

"I wanted you... to talk about Stone Chisel."