• Published 1st Jul 2020
  • 1,897 Views, 48 Comments

Equestria: Fantasy or Reality - Mister E-Nonymous



A young boy in Orlando, Florida gets four lost girls guests to his house until they can find a way home, which happens to be in Equestria from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,897

Chapter 6: Unexpected Family Reunion

Chapter 6: Unexpected Family Reunion


(Jacob's Point of View)

Today was the second day to our Hawaiian Vacation. We got up, got dressed, and headed downstairs with Lauren to go and get breakfast. We went down to a restaurant that was called Makahiki. And there, there were a bunch of Disney characters saying hi to the customers.

When we got there, a man escorted us to the table where we were going to be sitting. Luckily, it was a big booth. The man said, "Here's your table. Someone will be here to ask for your drink orders."

From left to right, it was Lauren, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Nyx, me and Mom. We all got comfortable and took a look at the breakfast menu. Then came a waitress. She has a slightly messy and curly orange hair with a buttercup in it, turquoise eyes, and freckles. She looked like this:

Except for the outfit. She was wearing a Hawaiian waitress outfit. She then said, "Howdy, y'all. Welcome to Makahiki. Ah'm ready to take yer order. Mah name is Paris."

"Nice to meet you, Paris," said Mom. "I'll start off with some decaf coffee."

"I'll take a glass of apple juice," I said.

"Me, too," said Nyx.

"I think I'll have some chocolate milk," said Scootaloo.

"Make that two," said Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom was looking at the waitress. She was stunned when looking at her. The waitress then asked, "Are you alright? Can Ah get yer drink order?"

Apple Bloom was stunned looking the waitress. She then muttered... "Ah'll... Ah'll... Ah'll..."

Lauren then spoke for her and said, "She'll take an apple juice. And I'll have a decaf coffee as well."

"Okay," said the waitress. "Three apple juices, two chocolate milks and two decaf coffees. Ah'll be right back with yer drinks." She then walked off.

We all looked over at Apple Bloom and then I asked, "'Barbara', are you okay?"

"That... that woman..." she said. "She looked... she looked... she looked like mah Ma."

Then we all looked over at the waitress, heading towards the kitchen. Then I did notice it. The messy hair, the buttercup, the turquoise eyes, and even the freckles.

"I don't believe it," said Lauren. "She does look and sound like... your mom. How did I not see that?"

"Wait a minute," said Scootaloo. "I thought your mom died when you were a baby. Along with your dad."

"Ah thought so too," said Apple Bloom. "But how is she here?"

"If that was your mom," said Nyx, "why didn't she recognize you?"

"That is a good question," said Mom. "Maybe she isn't your mom. She could be just someone who just looks like your mom."

I then pulled out my phone and looked for a video of Apple Bloom's parents with Mrs. Cake delivering them a cake. The voice of Apple Bloom's mom was the same voice as the waitress. Luckily, I fast forwarded it so any of the Crusaders see Apple Bloom's Cutie Mark. We compared the voice.

"That is mah ma," Apple Bloom said. "But... she should've recognized me. My hair, my bow, mah eyes. Why didn't she?"

"You think we should ask her when she comes back with the drinks," said Mom. "Speaking of which. Here she comes."

Then the woman came back with a tray with drinks. She then said, "All right, ev'ryone. Ah got two cups of decaf coffee." Mom and Lauren raised their hands, and she put them on the table in front of Mom and Lauren. "Now we have two chocolate milks." Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo raised their hands, and then the waitress put them in front of them. "And the rest of you get apple juice." She then put the last drinks in front of me, Nyx and Apple Bloom. "Now, is ev'ryone ready to order? Or are ya gonna go to the buffet?"

"I think we'll take the buffet," said Lauren. "But first, may I ask you something?"

"Shoot," said Paris.

"Do you... recognize this girl," Lauren said, pointing at Apple Bloom.

Paris then looked at Apple Bloom, giving her a confused look. She then said, "She does look familiar. But I don't know. Ah wasn't able to remember anything before nine years ago."

"Wait, what?!" the seven of us asked.

"It's true, ya'll," said Paris. "Ah've woken up in a hospital with no memory. Ah couldn't seem to remember anything before then. But Ah've been having... visions. The doctors there thought it might be memories. But when Ah said that it involved a lot of colored horses, he just then slid it off as some lucid dream. It was weird. Then Ah left the hospital, and Ah got some help from a kind woman. She... got me a place in a nice little house. As long as Ah pay mah rent, I was welcome there. She got me an ID, a Driver's License, a social security number, she even helped me get a job here."

"And... do you still get visions?" Mom asked.

"Once in a while," Paris said. "Ah paint them all when Ah get back home. Kalani, the girl who gave me a home, thought Ah should sell them, but mah doctor told her that maybe they might help get mah memories back from before Ah woke up there."

"You mind if we see them?" Lauren asked.

"Maybe," said Paris, "but Ah'm not sure that they will help. Listen, mah shift ends at eleven. Meet me at the hotel lobby a little after then and Ah'll take ya to mah house and show ya the paintings of mah visions." Then she walked away.

I then looked at Apple Bloom and asked, "Are you going to be okay?"

"Ah... Ah don't know," Apple Bloom said. "Is Paris really mah Ma and just lost her memory?"

"There's only one way to find out," said Scootaloo.

"Yeah," said Sweetie Belle. "We'll be there for you whenever you need support."

Apple Bloom smiled and said, "Thanks, girls. Ah hope this really is Ma."


We all headed off somewhere, following Paris in her car, which was a blue Ford Taurus. We followed her to a house and she headed towards one smaller house that was next door. We got out of the car and headed for it.

"Alright, ya'll," said Paris. "This is where Ah live." She then unlocked it, and when we went inside, there were paintings everywhere. There were indeed paintings of horses. No. Not just any horses. Ponies. Ponies from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. We all looked at them. We saw pictures of ponies that are close to her and her family. Even a younger Mrs. Cake, who at the time was known as Chiffon Swirl at the time. She pulled up one picture on an isle, and said, "This one... this one was the most recent I painted." We all looked at the painting. This is what we saw.

"Whoa," said Apple Bloom.

"Ah know," said Paris. "It certainly is a beauty, ain't it." Apple Bloom nodded. "Ah feel a strong connection to this painting Ah drew. Ah was wonderin' why Ah was seeing horses. Especially a horse version of mahself."

"So, do you ever know why these visions just come to you?" Mom asked.

"Nope," said Paris. "Ah just have them, and then Ah paint them. Ah just wish Ah knew what they meant."

"Ya know," Apple Bloom said, "mah sister said that mah Ma said that not everyone can remember stuff, but ya should never forget who ya are or where ya come from."

"Gah!" Paris said, holding her head. Mom and Lauren walked over to her and carried her to her sofa.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why... why did that sound so... familiar?" Paris asked.

I then walked over to Apple Bloom and whispered into her ear and said, "I think it's working. Memories from her past must be coming back. Try bringing up some family members."

Apple Bloom nodded, then said, "Sorry, 'bout that. Guess AJ takes a lot from ma and pa. She and mah big brother Big Mac." That made Paris flinch, holding onto her head. "Even helped mah Granny Smith with the farm chores when mah parents went away."

"Gah!" said Paris. She stared at the floor. Her eyes narrowing, and tears were coming from them. She then looked up at Apple Bloom with her mouth slightly open. She then said, "Those... those eyes. The hair. The bow." She then got off the couch, and kneeling in front of Apple Bloom. She then said, "...Apple... Bloom...?"

"Ma?" Apple Bloom asked.

Paris then smiled and she pulled Apple Bloom in for a hug and said, "Oh, my goodness!" She then pulled Apple Bloom away, shedding tears of joy. Apple Bloom was giving the same expression. "Y-you're so big. Oh, Ah can't believe you're here."

"Ma? Do ya... do ya...?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Ah do," said Paris. "Ya're the youngest of my three foals. McIntosh is yer big brother, and Applejack is yer big sister. We lived at Sweet Apple Acres with Granny Smith. We sell a lot of apples. And.." She then remembered. "Oh, mah."

"Ma?" Apple Bloom asked. "Where's Pa?"

She then sighed and said, "When Ah came to at the hospital here, the doctor said that Ah was brought in with another man. That man was yer father. He died. He was hit by a really big truck and Ah was right behind him. We were pushed into a tree, but yer father was pierced right in the chest area on a tree branch. Ah woke up with amnesia in the hospital." Apple Bloom then started crying. Then Paris, now known as Buttercup, pulled her in for a hug. "Ah'm so sorry, Apple Bloom."

"Granny always said that the ones who leave ya remain in yer heart," Apple Bloom said. "Right now... Ah believe that she's right."

"She sure is," Buttercup said. "Hey. Ah got a lot of vacation time. Perhaps Ah should take some to spend them with you."

"That sounds like a great idea, Ma," said Apple Bloom.

"Ma'am," said Mom. "My name is Katherine Malcolm. You can call me Kathy. Anyway, for the past month, I've been watching over your daughter and her friends ever since she got here."

"I was just wondering that," said Buttercup. "How did she and her friends end up here?"

"We don't know," I said. "My name's Jacob. And... well, Kathy's my adopted mother."

"Okay," said Buttercup. "Well, thank you both for watching over mah daughter and her friends. Speaking of which. Apple Bloom, would you mind doing some introductions?"

"Sure, Ma," said Apple Bloom. She then walked over, putting an arm around Sweetie Belle's shoulder, saying, "Ma. This is Sweetie Belle. She's the younger sister of Rarity." Then she walked over to Scootaloo. "This is Scootaloo. She loves riding her scooter across Ponyville really fast." Then she walked over to Nyx and said, "And this here is Nyx. She's actually the newest member of our club."

"Club?" asked Buttercup.

"Uh-huh," said Apple Bloom. "Together, we are..."

"THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" the four of them shouted.

"Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and I started this club so we could find our Cutie Marks," said Scootaloo.

"That's good to hear," said Buttercup. "So, where have ya been living?"

"Orlando, Florida," I said. "We had no idea you were here."

Buttercup then put a hand to her chin. She was thinking about something. She then walked over to the phone, and started dialing a number. She waited and then she spoke into the phone. "Hello? I would like to speak to the manager. I need to talk to him about something."


Buttercup told the manager that she would be resigning from working at Aulani. When she told them that she got her memories back, they felt happy. Not only for getting her memories back, but also reuniting with one of her children. They even agreed to help her get her stuff to the mainland whenever she was ready to leave.

She was a little surprised that there was a show that was based around her second child, Applejack, and her friends. She was told that not everything in the show was perfectly accurate. But she was surprised to know that Nyx was supposed to be Nightmare Moon given a body of her own and not still connected to Princess Luna.

We were all heading back to the hotel room and she asked, "Really? All of that happened?"

"Yep," said Apple Bloom. "Everything we told ya. But not everythin' in the show is accurate."

Then she looked over at Nyx and said, "So, you were supposed ta be the Mare in the Moon given a body of her own and not connected to Princess Luna? Huh? Ah didn't even know that that story was true. Nor would one of the two sisters was Princess Celestia."

"Yeah," said Nyx. "I woke up a filly with no memory. None at all. But, when Twilight was taking care of me... I was something that Nightmare Moon wasn't."

"And that is?" Buttercup asked.

"Happy," Nyx said. "Nightmare Moon wasn't really happy. I will not grow up like that wicked mare. I will be my own pony."

"Whoever took care of you sure raised you right," said Buttercup. "Should we head on inside? I don't ever want to be separated from my family ever again."


(Third Person Point of View)

When it was 10:00 PM, Buttercup stayed in the same room where Jacob, Cathy and the Crusaders were staying. Jacob offered her the couch and Kathy had him sleep with her. She was about to fall asleep until she saw Apple Bloom coming out of the other room.

"Apple Bloom?" Buttercup asked. "What are you doing up?"

"Ah missed a lot of sleeping with ya for years," Apple Bloom said. "Mind if Ah slept with ya the rest of the vacation?"

Buttercup smiled and said, "Come over here, Apple Bloom." Apple Bloom then climbed into the bed and got under the covers. "Good night, Apple Bloom."

"Good night, Ma," said Apple Bloom. The two of them fell asleep, making sure they had a peaceful slumber.

Author's Note:

Pear Butter Buttercup is alive. She lost her memory, was living in Hawaii, and when Apple Bloom came to her, she got her memories back. Hopefully, she will be with her and the girls when they get back home to Equestria.