• Published 1st Jul 2020
  • 1,897 Views, 48 Comments

Equestria: Fantasy or Reality - Mister E-Nonymous



A young boy in Orlando, Florida gets four lost girls guests to his house until they can find a way home, which happens to be in Equestria from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,897

Chapter 10: Surprise Visit

Chapter 10: Surprise Visit


(Jacob's Point of View)

That was a pretty long vacation at Disneyland. We got a lot of souvenirs while we were there. The girls enjoyed the World of Color show. Although, Mom warned them that if they got too close, they would get wet. Also, when we got on the rides that people could get wet from, we brought ponchos to keep us mostly dry.

Then we had a long drive back home to Orlando. It was past 11 when we got home, so we immediately went to bed. Apple Bloom went up with her mom to sleep together. Tomorrow, we were going to stay home, and relax.


Nyx's Dream...

(Third Person Point of View)

Nyx was walking somewhere in a void, in pony form. She was wondering where she was. Until she heard a faint voice.

"Nyx..."

Nyx stopped her walking and looked around for the voice. She looked and looked, but couldn't find where the voice was coming from.

"Nyx..."

She then turned towards where the voice was coming from. Then she saw a faint magenta light coming from where that voice was coming from.

"Nyx...!"

"Tw-Twilight?" Nyx asked.

"Nyx...!"

"Twilight!" Nyx then started running towards the light. Nyx then saw Twilight's body coming in from darkness., but was facing in the opposite direction. "Twilight!"

Twilight turned around and saw Nyx coming right towards her. Twilight was surprised to see her. She then got teary eyed, and opened up her forelegs to catch her. "Nyx! You're okay!"

"Twilight!" Nyx said, about to jump into her forelegs, but inspecting some physical connection, Nyx just went right through her, startling both of them.

"Gah!" exclaimed both of them.

"Tw-Twilight?!" Nyx asked. "What's going on?"

"I... I don't know," said Twilight. She then tried pulling Nyx in with her foreleg, but it went through her like she was a ghost. "This shouldn't be possible."

"Twilight? Where are we?" Nyx asked.

"This is a very straining mental merge," came a voice. Both Twilight and Nyx looked towards the voice, and there stood Princess Luna. "I'm sorry, Twilight, but this is the best I could do for you two to connect, but I guess it's still not enough to make a proper physical connection while in this shared dream." Princess Luna then stared into the eyes of Nyx, making her nervous.

"Princess Luna," said Twilight. "I know I was keeping this a secret from you and your sister, but you saw how timid she was around you during that dinner. She's a sweet filly, and wasn't acting like that wicked mare you were when we first encountered you."

"There is no need to do that, Twilight Sparkle," said Princess Luna. "For I have already seen inside this filly's mind since day one."

"You have?!" Twilight and Nyx shouted surprisingly.

"Yes," said Princess Luna. "I've seen how she is in her dreams. You've raised her properly, Twilight Sparkle. But, it was not enough to save her from that cult, known as the Children of Nightmare."

"But I thought they were all arrested," said Nyx. "That's what Twilight told me."

"That's what I thought," said Twilight.

"A total of three dozen members were arrested that night," said Princess Luna. "And when I sensed the power of the lightning bolt from Nyx, I knew that the Children of Nightmare had to sense it, too. My sister told me that it was nothing to worry about. I could tell she was lying, but she didn't know it was a truth either. I already saw into the filly's mind. But when I saw the filly's future, I saw that the Children of Nightmare had gotten her and turn her into Nightmare Moon."

"When will it happen?" asked Twilight.

"They got her... on the last day of school in Ponyville," said Princess Luna.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Twilight and Nyx.

"But... that a month and a half ago!" said Twilight. "Wait a minute. Are you...?"

"The one responsible for sending Nyx and her friends to another world?" asked Princess Luna, finishing Twilight's question. "I am. I had to so they wouldn't get her. And I couldn't send her alone, so I had sent her friends along with her to a safe place with a safe, small family."

"Well, I have been safe here," said Nyx. "But, was it necessary to change our form?"

"It was best for you and your friends to blend in with the people of that world," said Princess Luna. "At least I got your enchanted glasses and vest to go with you."

"Yeah," said Nyx. "Thanks for that." Then she thought about the family she was sent to. Then Nyx said, "Oh. There's another thing. Apparently, we're not the first Equestrians to arrive in this world."

"You're not?!" asked Twilight.

"I assumed that some wondering souls ended up in that world," said Princess Luna. "There was a portal somewhere in the mountain. I sensed it after I was free from the darkness. So, I used my magic and shut it, and absorb it's power."

"So, you used that same magic to send Nyx and her friends to wherever she is," said Twilight.

"And those wandering ponies who got sucked into that portal," said Nyx, "I... happen to know who three of them might be. And one of them is still alive."

"You do? And there's just one?" Twilight asked. "Who are... er, were they?"

"All of them were in Applejack's family," said Nyx. "The last two were her parents. And the one before was the twin sister of Applejack's father. Applejack's aunt arrived when she was a filly. But she died nine years ago, giving birth to the kid that's living here, and he was adopted by the woman, who was the best friend to Applejack's aunt, who was named Apple Peel. And Applejack's father died when he was hit by a car, which is a horseless carriage in this world, and collided with a tree."

"And... Applejack's mom?" asked Twilight.

"She's still alive," said Nyx. "She was also hit by that car and collided with the tree, but instead of dying, she ended up with amnesia. For 8 1/2 years."

"This is interesting news," said Princess Luna. "Twilight Sparkle, I assume that you'll tell the Apple Family later after you wake up."

"I'll do my best," said Twilight. "What else do we need to know about this world, Nyx?"

"Well..." Nyx said. She then explained about the TV show and the story of Past Sins. She also explained that not everything in the show was accurate to what happened.

"This is interesting news," said Princess Luna. "And you say this... television... can be used for entertainment."

"Sometimes, they report news, and try to predict the weather," said Nyx. "Since the weather here works by itself and there is no magic."

"Sounds like this television could be useful in Equestria," said Princess Luna.

"Yeah," said Nyx. "Some channels are for educating young minds. Some are just for entertaining some. History, science and news reports."

"Sounds useful indeed," said Twilight. "But, not too much on certain channels."

"Indeed," said Princess Luna.

Then Twilight started fading, and Nyx saw her, saying, "Twilight. You're fading."

Twilight looked at herself and said, "What's happening?"

"You seem to be waking up, Twilight Sparkle," said Princess Luna. "And I believe it's time for you to wake up as well, Nyx. I shall tell you whenever the Children of Nightmare have been apprehended or if they're coming for you."

Then Nyx nodded. Then she remembered. "Wait. Twilight wait! The leader of that cult is..." But then a flash of light blinded her, then she woke up.


Real World...

(Jacob's Point of View)

Mom woke us up for breakfast. She and Aunt Buttercup made us some pancakes, eggs, hash browns and poured us some apple juice. At the table, it was just me, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Nyx was still in bed. Mom made Nyx a plate and put it in the microwave to keep warm until Nyx woke up.

"I wonder what's taking Nyx so long," said Scootaloo.

"She's probably still sleepy after the long trip we had last night," said Mom.

"Yeah, Ah can understand that, mahself," said Buttercup. "When Applejack and Ah came back from a mother-daughter trip and came home late, Granny Smith let us sleep in so we would be well rested."

"Yeah, Ah guess Ah can understand that," said Apple Bloom. "Ah still remember when Applejack was overdoin' it on her chores when Big Mac injured himself, and it through out her social life. She messed up Rainbow Dash's stunt, she made terrible cupcakes with Pinkie Pie, she accidentally hurdled baby rabbits into Ponyville, making them eat all the flowers, and she wasn't wantin' any help on her chores when she actually needed it."

"Not everything can be done alone," said Mom. "I can understand that."

Then the sound of footsteps came from the hall. We saw Nyx coming from the hallway, heading right towards us, saying, "Everyone. I got news."

"What is it, Nyx?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"It turns out that it was Princess Luna that sent us here on purpose," said Nyx.

"Princess Luna?!" asked me, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Aunt Buttercup.

"Why would she do that?" asked Apple Bloom.

"She did it to keep me away from that cult," said Nyx. "And she also sealed up that portal in that cave so nopony will ever stumble into this world by accident again."

"Well, that's good ta hear," said Apple Bloom. "But what about gettin' us home?"

"She won't bring us home until the cult has been stopped," said Nyx.

"Did you tell her who the cult leader is?" I asked.

"I was about to," said Nyx.

"What happened?" asked Scootaloo.

"I woke up," said Nyx. "And... at least I was able to get in touch with Twilight. Although, I couldn't touch her in the dream. I tried to, but we kept going right through each other."

"I'm guessing that Princess Luna couldn't get enough power for the two of you to at least touch each other?" asked Mom.

"Afraid not," said Nyx. "At least Twilight knows I'm okay."

"And Ah'm guessing she'll also tell her friends as well," said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, I guess so," said Nyx. Then her stomach growled. Mom then brought out her plate and a glass of apple juice, and set them in her seat. She then started eating.


The girls and I were watching TV on the couch. Mom and Aunt Buttercup were trying to enjoy some peace and quiet outside. I was about to nod off until I heard the sound of knocking on the door came.

"Ah'll go get it," said Apple Bloom. She then headed for the front door, and opened it. "Lauren? What are ya doin' here?"

I then looked towards the front door, along with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Nyx. There at the door was Lauren Faust. And parked in front of the house was a Ford Expedition Limousine. We headed for the door.

"Hey, kids," said Lauren. "Mind if I drop in for a visit?"

"Hang on," I said. "Apple Bloom, mind getting our moms?"

"Okay," said Apple Bloom. She then headed for the back door. Then later, she came back with Mom and Aunt Buttercup. They were surprised to see Lauren Faust at their front door.

"Lauren," said Mom. "What brings you here?"

"I came to see an old friend again," said Lauren. "Plus, I thought I should call in some old friends and introduce them to the girls." She then looked towards the limo, and waved towards it. Then, coming out of the limo came five women. I recognized these women from the internet. There was Tara Strong; the voice of Twilight Sparkle, Ashleigh Ball; the voice of Applejack and Rainbow Dash and various characters, Andrea Libman; the voice of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and more various characters, Tabitha St. Germain; the voice of Rarity and Princess Luna and various characters, and Cathy Weseluck; the voice of Spike and Mayor Mare and various characters.

"No way," I said.

"Who are they, Jacob?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"You'll see," I said. Then the six women came in. The five voice actors took a closer look at the Crusaders.

"So, these are the girls you were telling us about?" asked Andrea Libman.

"Yep," said Lauren. She then looked over at me and said, "I'm guessing you would like to do some introductions."

"With pleasure," I said. "Girls, these give actresses voice characters from My Little Pony. Mostly the main characters. Meet Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germain and Cathy Weseluck."

"Pleased to meetcha," said Apple Bloom.

"Wow," said Ashleigh Ball. "You were right. She definitely does the voice perfectly. The hair, the eyes, the voice, they really are the Crusaders." She then looked at Nyx. "Although, I don't remember that girl in the show."

"Because she's Nyx from Past Sins," said Lauren. "Sorry about that."

"So, who do they voice in the show?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Lauren then looked over at the actresses and said, "Ready to say some lines in the show? As long as they're from the Season 3 premiere or before?"

The five of them nodded. Then Andrea Libman started doing the voice of one of the characters. "You! Just who do you think you are, going around turning others into stone? You should be ashamed of yourself. I have a mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man. Now you go over there, and turn Elizabeak and my friend Twilight back to normal, and don't ever let me catch you doing this again. Do you understand me?"

"Fluttershy?!" exclaimed the girls.

"This woman played Fluttershy in the show?" asked Scootaloo.

"Not just Fluttershy," I said.

Then Andrea Libman started singing in a different voice. "She's an evil enchantress, She does evil dances, And if you look deep in her eyes, She'll put you in trances, Then what will she do? She'll mix up an evil brew, Then she'll gobble you up, In a big tasty stew, Soooo... Watch out!"

"She voices Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie?!" asked Sweetie Belle.

"That's right," said Andrea Libman in her Pinkie Pie voice. "So, don't get too confused. We might do something special for you."

"Wow," said Nyx. "That is kinda cool." She then looked over at Tabitha St. Germain and asked, "Who do you voice in the show?"

Tabitha St. Germain started doing a voice she did very well. " I understand. It's just that... I need this time to fill this order without any... complications. Okay, all done. Now, back to work. I've lost a lot of time, and I cannot have any more interruptions."

"Rarity?!" Sweetie Belle asked.

"That's not the only voice I can do," said Tabitha St. Germain. She then started talking in another voice. "You can consider me the guardian of your dreams from terrible nightmares."

"She plays Princess Luna, too?" asked Nyx.

"And Granny Smith," Tabitha St. Germain said in her Granny Smith voice. Then she switched to her Mrs. Cake voice. "And Mrs. Cake."

"Chiffon Swirl?" asked Buttercup.

"Wait a minute," said Ashleigh Ball. "I've heard that voice in one episode I did. Is that...?"

"Yep," said Lauren. "That's the mother of Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Mac. Turns out, she was here for almost nine years."

"Well that's interesting," said Ashleigh Ball. She then started speaking in her Applejack voice. "Ah'm sorry, Apple Bloom. Ah already told you that we just can't take a break from harvest ta come to your school. Ya know what'll happen."

"Applejack?!" said Apple Bloom and Buttercup.

"That's not all I can do," said Ashleigh Ball. She then did another voice. "What about super-ultra-extreme-awesomazing?"

"Rainbow Dash?!" asked Scootaloo. "That is so awesome!"

You know it is, squirt," said Ashleigh Ball in her Rainbow Dash voice.

Then Apple Bloom looked over at Cathy Weseluck and asked, "Who can you do?"

She then spoke in the voice of Spike. " Look at all of you! We got: Hairity, Rainbow Crash, Spitty Pie, Apple Teeny, Flutterguy, and... uh... I got nothin'... Twilight Sparkle. I mean seriously, I can't even work with that."

"Spike?!" Nyx asked. "But, wouldn't it had made sense to use a young boy actor?"

"Not all boys can make the cut," said Cathy Weseluck. She then spoke in her Mayor Mare voice. "Thank you, everypony, and welcome to the Nightmare Night festival!"

"Wait," said Scootaloo. "She played Spike and Mayor Mare?"

"That's right," said Cathy Weseluck. "You'd be surprised how many characters we played in the show."

"Okay," said Nyx. "That's Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Princess Luna, Granny Smith, Mrs. Cake, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Spike and Mayor Mare. That just leaves..."

She was cut off by the voice of somepony she knew very well. "They still get to experience the thrill of discovering who they are, and what they're meant to be." Nyx then looked up at Tara Strong with wide eyes.

"Tw-Twilight?" Nyx asked.

"That's right," said Tara Strong. "I played Twilight Sparkle. So, the series, Friendship is magic, really happened."

"Yeah, but not everything about it was accurate," said Nyx.

"I was thinking that," said Tara Strong. "And I can't believe that the story, Past Sins, was also real. It was basically a fan fiction that was really likable. Maybe we should turn it into a miniseries."

"That actually sounds like a great idea," said Lauren Faust. "Although, we are going to need to let this Pen Stroke writer know about this. It would take time, but I'm sure it can be done."

"I would like seeing a miniseries based on Nyx's story," said Ashleigh Ball. "Although, we would have to make it suitable for children."

"And make sure it's accurate with the show," said Andrea Libman.

"So, what else do you wanna know about us?" asked Nyx.


We talked about the story of what the Crusaders went through. The actresses that played the Mane 6 and Spike were surprised to hear that Scootaloo was actually an orphan from Canterlot, and the leader was Abacus Cinch.

We then all headed out to eat at a Golden Corral. We all ate up, and then we headed on back home. Nyx immediately passed out on her bed.

"Nyx sure is tired," said Mom.

"She must've had a long day herself," said Aunt Buttercup. "Ah can understand that."

"Alright, kids," Mom said. "Head on to bed."


Equestria, That Same Morning...

(Third Person Point of View)

Twilight Sparkle was on her way to Sweet Apple Acres. She was running there and ended up at the house. Granny Smith was sitting on her rocking chair on the front porch.

"Well, howdy there, youngin," said Granny Smith. "What brings ya here?"

"I'm here to see Applejack," said Twilight. "I have to tell her something."

"Well, Applejack just finished up her chores and right before breakfast," said Granny Smith. "She should be standing in front of Apple Bloom's room. Go on up an' see 'er."

Twilight nodded and headed inside. She walked up the stairs and saw Applejack standing in front of Apple Bloom's room. "Applejack?"

Applejack didn't respond at first. She then said, "It sure has been quiet ever since the four of 'em disappeared."

"Yeah," said Twilight. "Everypony in Ponyville is already starting to miss them. Although, those two bullies from the school think they've ran away on purpose and they would never be anything useful in the future."

"Those two good fer nothing fillies," said Applejack.

"Applejack," Twilight said. "I have some news. Apparently, it was Princess Luna that sent the four of them to another world."

"Another world?!" asked Applejack.

"She was intending on keeping Nyx away from the cult," said Twilight. "But she knew that Nyx would be scared being in a whole different world all by herself, so she also sent Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo with Nyx."

"Okay," said Applejack. "Ah guess it makes sense ta send Nyx into a whole different world with no familiar faces."

"But the world they were sent to," Twilight said, "the girls weren't the first Equestrians in that world."

"They're not?" asked Applejack.

"Three of them were identified," said Twilight. "The first one was sent there when she was a filly. She died nine years ago giving birth. The other two came together. One was a stallion, and was the twin brother of the first pony I told you. The other was his wife. The stallion died after getting hit by a horseless carriage of that world almost nine years ago. The mare got hit too, but instead of dying, she ended up with amnesia. She forgotten everything before then. And she just got her memories back."

"Who were they?" asked Applejack.

"Well, I can tell you who that pony who's still alive is," said Twilight. "Applejack. That mare who is still alive... is your mom."

"What?!" Applejack shouted. "Ma is still alive? And on that other world?"

"Yes," said Twilight. "At least she got her memories back, and is helping out on watching the Crusaders."

"Ah can't believe it," said Applejack. She then paused for a moment and asked, "Do ya have any information on who the leader of that cult is?"

"Not yet," said Twilight. "Why?"

"Because we're gonna have ta take 'em down before they can get those dirty hooves on Nyx," said Applejack.

Author's Note:

So, Nyx got a visit from Princess Luna and Twilight in her dream, and now the Mane 6 are going to find out who the cult leader is.

And the Crusaders got to meet the voices of the Mane 6, Spike and various characters of the show. Hopefully, things will be better for them from now on.

:pinkiehappy: You bet it's gonna!

Gah! Pinkie Pie! What are you doing here!?

:pinkiesmile: I just thought that you might need some help on telling this story. Can I help? Huh? Huh? Can I?

(Grabs balloon, and has it float across Pinkie's face)

:pinkiesmile: Ooh! Floaty thing. Lalalalalalala! (Walks away following the balloon)