• Published 16th May 2020
  • 2,131 Views, 114 Comments

Canterlot High's Sports Challenge - LiQuiD



(2nd Person) This is a story of how you, Anon, 16-years-old and a new student at Canterlot High School got involved in the 1st Annual Interschool Sports Competition, along with your captain Rainbow Dash and others. Will your team be victourious?

  • ...
4
 114
 2,131

18.- The Repechage Event - Part 2


- CHAPTER 18 -

THE REPECHAGE EVENT - PART 2


No one knows what to say to Flash Sentry who looks so devastated by hearing Twilight's voice at the last few seconds of that broadcast, so to lighten up the mood Rainbow Dash congratulates the newest addition to the team, Thunderbass, who has taken Zephyr's place in the team.

"Good going Thunderbass!" Rainbow Dash says, slapping him on the back and taking him by surprise, "we knew you could do it!"

"Ha ha, thanks Rainbow Dash..." he happily says, "it wasn't easy but I think I was able to pull it off."

"Indeed! I'm so glad you're in shape. Perhaps that's how you were able to endure my trainings these past few days," Rainbow Dash brags.

"Please..." Thunderbass shrugs in a rather cocky way, "I always hit the GYM in the late evenings along with a 2 mile run every night."

"How come you weren't part of the team at first anyways then? If you took Zeph's place from the very beginning we could've won easily," Rainbow Dash asks.

"Well how do I put this...I honestly thought you were not gonna make it past the qualifiers, I even made a bet against your team with my buddy Crystal Napalm, I owe him 60 bucks now..."

Rainbow Dash didn't like that...at all.

"Don't take it wrong Rainbow," Thunderbass says after an awkward chuckle, raising his hands in a reassuring way to avoid getting his butt kicked by the captain of the team, "it was actually exciting to see you all make it from fourth place to first..."

"Really? Now that I remember, I forgot to make you a question last Monday. Why? Because I really needed somebody, ANYBODY, to fill in for that Zephyr jerk...but now that you're here. Why did you decide to join us then?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"I dunno; you guys looked like you were having fun, especially you Anon," Thunderbass says.

"M-me?" You ask, "why do you think so?"

"Duh! Because of that hottie! What was her name again? Nelly right?" Thunderbass says, leaving you really dumbfounded.

"Uhhh, I umm-"

"I was really, REALLY jealous of you dude," Thunderbass interrupts you, "you got to carry that hottie around and she even gave you a kiss! Then I thought, hmm...maybe I should be take part in this. Perhaps I can meet a hottie like you did!"

"Ugh, whatever," Rainbow Dash groans, "if that's your source of inspiration then I'll leave you be. You're no use to me if you're not chasing your ambition. Besides, I think it's starting to work for you," Rainbow Dash says as she points at a very hot looking girl from the Penguins who hasn't taken her eyes off Thunderbass, "you should totally go talk to her!"

"Whoa...she's really cute. Alright! Wish me luck you two!"

And with that, he confidently goes to conquer the girl's heart, however Rainbow Dash lets out an evil giggle.

"What's so funny Captain?" You ask to Rainbow Dash.

"That girl is Platinum Star's girlfriend...and he's a very jealous guy."

"Heeey good lookin'..- excuse me buddy, can't you see I'm talking to-"

Platinum Star punches Thunderbass in the stomach, grabs him by his shirt and shoves him back to your bench, he then dusts off his fingers quickly and goes back to his team.

"...ouch," Thunderbass barely manages to say.

"That oughta teach you a lesson Thunderbass...FOCUS!" Rainbow Dash yells at him.


“The next event according to our schedule shall be Cross-Country!” Pinkie says on the stadium's speaker system.

“The contestants shall form teams of five and get to the starting line Captains! Choose your team members!” Twilight adds.

”You heard the ladies everyone,” Rainbow Dash says, “I’ll participate in this event and I’ll be picking-“

”-a cab home?” Fizzy Champagne interrupts Rainbow Dash, and her teammates' laughter can be heard shortly after, “oh wait, I forgot you can’t even afford to take a cab!”

”Let’s show these filthy cheaters what the Tigers are made of!” Fizzy Champagne says as she takes off her expensive looking jeans.

Everybody on your team frowns at her. Rainbow Dash turns her head over her shoulder.

”Applejack?”

”Well, I didn’t think I would have to participate this early, but I guess we have no other choice, you can count on me sugarcube…” Applejack says as she pops her collarbone, looking quite mad at Fizzy Champagne, “Ah sure can’t wait to see Princess Meanie cry when the Wondercolts kick her butt!”

”You and me both sister,” Rainbow Dash says with a smug grin on her face, ”Big Mac, Sunset and Anon, I’m gonna need you guys as well!”

”As if we didn’t see that one coming,” Sunset Shimmer whispers into your ear, making you chuckle.

”Let’s go guys!” Rainbow Dash says, “we have another race to win!”


You and all other contestants are lined up at the starting line, you let out a sigh and stretch your legs a bit.

”Are you feeling nervous Anon?” Sunset Shimmer asks.

“I-I am…there’s tons of people watching us. I didn’t feel like this before because there were less supporters at CPA, but this?” You say while pointing at the stadium bleachers' full of rival supporters with your finger.

”TIGEEEERS!” Supporters from Lion County Academy yell.

”PENGUIIIIINS!” Supporters from Lion County Tech High reply.

“This is too much…”

”Stage fright huh? You know, there’s an ol’ trick me and the guys at the Teather Club use, just picture everyone who is looking at you in their underwear,” Sunset Shimmer winks at you.

“Really? Does that even work?” You ask, arching an eyebrow in disbelief.

”Yeah, why don’t you give it a try now?” Sunset Shimmer happily says.

You do as told and start undressing Sunset Shimmer with your mind, unfortunately for you Sunset Shimmer just slapped you...

“Oww…Sunset?! What was that for?!”

”You're not supposed to undress me you perv! You have to undress them!” Sunset Shimmer angrily points at the crowd gathered in the stadium, a blush starts to form on her cheeks as well.

“Ohhh…right," you say as you look at the other contestants and the most vocal supporters from the Tigers and the Penguins, then.

“Heh, they don’t seem very threatening now.”

”See? I told you it does work. Lemme try with that Fizzy Champagne girl..." Sunset Shimmer says.

She does the same with Fizzy Champagne, however Sunset Shimmer starts trembling.

"OH NO SHE'S HOT!" She says, looking quite intimidated by her slim and well-toned figure.

"Pssh...she ain't got nothing on you Sunny," you blurt out without thinking.

"Wait, what was that Anon?!" Sunset Shimmer arches an eyebrow, "what did you say?"

"Umm...OH LOOK! The race is about to start!" Sunset Shimmer giggles, however she looks quite proud of her looks because of the flattering compliment you gave to her.


Everyone is ready, the officials get on the starting line.

“ON YOUR MARKS!” Pinkie Pie says on the speaker system, everyone gets in position.

“GET SET!” Twilight adds.

You take another look at Fluttershy who is happily cheering for your team, Rarity joins her as well, however as soon as she notices you staring at her she goes silent.

”GO!” Both Pinkie Pie and Twilight say as the official shoots her gun and hell breaks lose, phased by Rarity's cold gaze you weren't paying attention and you were left behind quickly.

"ANON! THE RACE HAS ALREADY STARTED!" Sonata yells from your team's bench.

"What? Uh oh!" You shake your head and start running after them.

“Applejack from Canterlot High takes the lead, followed by Rainbow Dash, Platinum Star and Fizzy Champagne!” Pinkie Pie says.

“They should take things easy if they want to endure the upcoming two-mile race.” Twilight adds, “and of course, to prevent cheating there are many officials scattered along the course!”

Both Tigers and Penguins yell profanities at Twilight because of her words.

“…was it something I said?”

Pinkie Pie whispers on her ear about Zephyr Breeze’s incident.

“Jeez, calm down people; that incident was reviewed already!”

“So Twilight!” Pinkie Pie changes the subject, “what do you hope to see in this event?”

“Isn’t it obvious Pinkie? Three captains are participating in the Cross Country event! The Tigers and the Penguins sure hate each other, but Fizzy Champagne’s and Platinum Star’s personal rivalry surely will catch everyone’s attention!”

“Oh my goodness you’re right! They are at it already! Look at them pass each other like that. Their teammates can’t keep up with them! As for the Wondercolts, they are on the lead followed by all of the Cogs’ team members!” Pinkie Pie happily says.

You all leave the stadium and hit Lion County’s roads.

”Luckily I was able to bring my drone to follow them around! Now we will be able to see their progress live!” Twilight says.

“Ooooh! Good thinking Twilight! Wait, will you be able to follow them for the two whole miles?”

“I made some modifications to it, don’t worry about the range Pinkie. I got it all covered!” Twilight brags.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Twilight Sparkle! Girl Genius!” Pinkie Pie says on the speakers.

”See Superintendent Discord? There’s talent at our school, it just needs to be supported,” Principal Celestia puts a smile on her face.

”Don’t try to fool me Celestia,” Discord replies, “I know that girl was already a genius back in Crystal Prep Academy, her grades lowered once she joined your excuse of a school...”

Principal Celestia shuts her mouth and frowns at Superintendent Discord’s cruel words.


One mile later...

Your heart is beating so fast, however, you don’t think it’s due to the exercise. No, there’s got to be something more…you just can’t get Rarity out of your head.

You are finally able to catch up with the group and find Sunset Shimmer in the crowd.

"Anon! Thank goodness you're here!” She huffs, "are you okay? What happened back there?"

“D-don't worry about it Sunny."

”Are you sure Anon? You don't look as confident as before!” Sunset Shimmer says.

”I'll tell you later then, where are the others?"

Sunset Shimmer turns her head around her shoulder.

”There he is! He’s doing well!” She says as she spots Big Mac, "Rainbow and Applejack are at the front!"

“Good! The more of us ending this race amongst the first places the more points we’ll get!” You say, and even though you're starting to get tired you'll do your best!

Some time passes...

”Come on Anon! Keep it up! We're almost there!” Sunset Shimmer yells, however you can't reply to Sunset since you’re almost running out of air, all you’ve got now is your legs.

Some of the Tigers’ players easily get past you, Fizzy Champagne tries to pass Applejack.

”Oh no! Yer’ not getting past me fancy panties!” Applejack says before blocking Fizzy’s way.

”Oh shut your piehole hayseed!” Fizzy Champagne says before she snatches Applejack’s hat off her head.

”HEY!”

”Ewww…I already told you, this ain’t no county fair!” Fizzy Champagne says as she throws Applejack’s hat to the side of the road.

”Mah lucky hat!” Applejack protests.

”Not so lucky now eh farm girl?” Fizzy Champagne laughs at Applejack, taking advantage of her distraction by passing next to her and taking first place.

The hat lands on some mud and gets stomped on by the Tigers’ players that got past you.

”Uh oh…”

”Anon? Where are you going?” Sunset Shimmer asks as she notices you getting off the main road.

You quickly bend over and grab Applejack’s muddy hat, costing you a bit of energy, then you get back to the race by running along the while the others are right in the middle of the road.

Sunset Shimmer is moved by your thoughtful act, however she’s worried by how far you are behind.

”Let’s put my theory to the test…” she mumbles to herself, ”ANON! Remember the advice I gave you!”

"How is it gonna be useful now?" You ask.

Sunset Shimmer lowers her shorts a bit to reveal more of her glorious behind to let you take a brief peek at her underwear.

”Come on! Race’s not over yet!” She says with a wink.

You take another look at her rump…and speed up a bit, Sunset Shimmer runs faster and lets out a giggle. Where did all that energy came from?!

...Oh right, you were used to seeing her rump every time you trained, that’s what kept you going, and what you needed right now. It’s like she read your mind or something.

”That’s it Anon! RUN!” Sunset yells.

You do as told and start chasing after the rest of the players, you pass several Cogs, Penguins and Tigers players alike.

”Oh no you won’t…” A Tigers player tries to hit you with his elbow, but you manage to dodge his attack and keep running, both you and Sunset are now amongst the first places.

“Here’s your hat Applejack!” You say as you place Applejack’s beloved hat on her head.

"Why thank you sugarcube!” Applejack happily says before running after Fizzy Champagne.

You can see the Penguins’ stadium nearby! You’re almost there!

Applejack passes Fizzy Champagne.

”Grrr…nobody passes Fizzy Champagne!” She angrily yells as she reaches for Applejack’s ponytail and starts pulling it!

”Argh! Let it go! You’ll ruin mah hair!” Applejack winces in pain.

“Applejack!” You yell.

You reach for Fizzy Champagne's arm, you can only hope you don't get points deducted from this, but you quickly swat Fizzy's hand away from Applejack’s hair.

”Thank you sugarcube!” Applejack says as she increases her pace.

”AAAHHH!!” Fizzy Champagne yells and grabs her wrist, pretending to be in pain and hoping an official noticed her exaggerated reaction to punish you.

"Pull yourself together Fizzy!" Rainbow Dash yells at her, Fizzy Champagne still keeps up her act.

It’s now Rainbow and Applejack on the lead. You all enter the stadium. And the Finish line draws near!

Applejack crosses it first!

"YES!"

Rainbow Dash follows shortly after, followed by Platinum Star.

Then you finally cross the finish line, Sunset follows after.

Some of the three schools’ players pass the line, then Big Mac, followed by more and more players of the other three schools. And lastly…Fizzy Champagne.

“There you have it ladies and gentlemen! The Cross-Country event is finally over!” Pinkie Pie says.

“The results are in and…CANTERLOT HIGH IS STILL AT THE LEAD!” Twilight excitedly says.

“YES! WE DID IT!” Rainbow Dash says.

"In yer face! Phony Princess!" Applejack yells at Fizzy Champagne, who goes to the officials and starts recalling about the incident you were both involved in. She's even pointing at you and crying at the officials.

However, the officials ignore her and point at the big screen on the stadium, Twilight recorded what just happened. Much to Superintendent Discord's dismay, the Tigers get points deducted by Fizzy's unsportsmanlike attitude.

"HA HA HA! Would you look at that!" Applejack laughs at Fizzy Champagne, "who's the cheater now?"

"This isn't over yet hayseed!" Fizzy Champagne yells at Applejack before she returns to her team's bench.

”So...that's why you always kept 'behind' in our training sessions Anon," Sunset Shimmer says to you, who are still struggling to catch your breath, "not because I was getting better than you..."

"I bet you're gonna demand...an explanation, isn't that right Sunny?"

Sunset Shimmer looked upset at first, but then she just lets out a sigh.

"Nah, thanks to the stunt I pulled you were able to end the race amongst the first places, that got us a lot of points...I might end up telling Rarity on you though."

"Do it...she hates me anyways," you let out a defeated sigh.

"What? No no, you've got it all wrong. You're supposed to beg me not to tell on you and I would've asked for an ice cream cone at Sugarcube Corner!" Sunset Shimmer says, because she probably saw another opportunity to tease you, however she wasn't expecting your answer.

"That's what would've happened, but Rarity just hates me now and I don't know why...I couldn't focus at all and that's why I couldn't catch up with the rest of you," you say.

"That's not true, she loves to call you cute nicknames; but now that you mention it I've noticed how cold she's been towards you lately, she won't say why..." Sunset Shimmer ponders a thought, "tell you what, since our event ended I'll go to the bleachers and have a word with her okay?"

"You'd do that? Even after you pulled down your shorts for me and and-"

"Don't say that outloud you dummy!" Sunset Shimmer places her hand on your mouth, luckily for her the other members of your team weren't paying attention and kept talking to each other about how good it felt to see Fizzy Champagne throw a tantrum, "but yes, I'll be glad to help you out, just because Rarity can be hard to deal with at times. And because I think you're pretty cool Anon. I'll be back in no time okay?"

"Thank you Sunny..." You happily say.

"What are friends for? You dummy..." Sunset Shimmer lets out a giggle as she heads to the bleachers to give Rarity a piece of her mind on your behalf.

Superintendent Discord announces the positions and the leaderboard lights up on the stadium's screen.


1st: Canterlot High
2nd: Lion County Technologic High
3rd: San Franciscolt Academy
4th: Lion County Academy