• Published 16th May 2020
  • 2,131 Views, 114 Comments

Canterlot High's Sports Challenge - LiQuiD



(2nd Person) This is a story of how you, Anon, 16-years-old and a new student at Canterlot High School got involved in the 1st Annual Interschool Sports Competition, along with your captain Rainbow Dash and others. Will your team be victourious?

  • ...
4
 114
 2,131

28.- Setback


- CHAPTER 28 -
SETBACK


- BASKETBALL -

You're all gathered at the now restored basketball court that Principal Celestia somehow managed to get fixed right before the event, Superintendent Discord stands up and clears his throat.

"And now next event is Basketball, the event for boys will be first and the girl's event will come-"

"BOOOOO!" The crowd goes wild with the jeers directed at Superintendent Discord.

"Why can't the girls go first?!" A lady sitting next to Diamond Tiara yells from the crowd, must be her mom.

"Oh...um, sorry, I read the cards wrong," Superintendent Discord succumbs to the pressure and quickly rectifies himself, "the order is as follows, both the basketball event and the karate event will take place in the court, the girls' event will be first and the boys afterwards."

"That's better!" The snooty woman says before sitting down once again.

"If only Celestia had the same nerve to yell like that at Superintendent Discord then we wouldn't be in this mess..." Rainbow Dash says to you with a chuckle.

"Heh, probably..." you chuckle as well, "but things are going the way they are and there's nothing we can do about it, other than give our 100%."

"I know you will Anon, not so sure about the others though..." Rainbow Dash looks at her basketball teammates.

"Come on Captain, we've been over this," you playfully bump Rainbow's arm, "you have to have more faith in your team."

"Yeah, I get what you're saying," Rainbow Dash says to you before turning to the ladies in your team and ask them to gather around.

The girls in your team stand up and walk towards Rainbow Dash so she can choose the other four players that will play in the basketball match against the other team.

"Alright then! I will be playing for the basketball match, and I'll be joined by Applejack!"

"Yeah!" Applejack pumps her fist and gives her bestie a high five.

"Sonata!"

"Awesome!" Sonata says as she takes off her jacket infront of everybody, the jersey Rarity designed for the team however gets stuck and Sonata unintentionally lets the entire team look at her sports bra and delightful figure, you don't want to avert your gaze but you somehow feel that Rarity's digging holes in the back of your head with that stare of hers. So you try your best to look somewhere else.

"Whoopsie, silly me..." Sonata says as she takes the jersey from her jacket and puts it on, the guys from your team enjoyed the show and give Sonata thumbs up, only to be scolded by the girls afterwards.

"Sheesh, seriously guys...why can't you be a little more like Anon or Curly Winds?" Rainbow Dash sighs, "anyways...Sunset and Sweetie Drops, are you two up for the challenge?"

"Yep!" Sunset Shimmer says as she squats to do some warm up exercises.

"About time," Sweetie Drops says, Lyra wishes her some luck.

"We gotta be careful," Rainbow Dash says as she looks at the list Twilight gave her and scribbles more annotations, "we don't want to get the More Carried Award...you know what would happen if none of you participates."

"Alright guys, wish us luck!" Applejack says as her, Rainbow and the others walk to the middle of the court.

Your team and the crowd cheers for the girls who are done stretching, Rainbow Dash grabs a basketball and hands it to the referee.

"Whoa," Sweet Leaf says on the speaker system, "it seems Canterlot High is gonna play the strongest cards they've got, their Captain Rainbow Dash is joining the basketball team along with Applejack and Sunset Shimmer!"

"Seems like it Leafy! Velvet Sky adds, "Both Sonata and Sweetie Drops are joining them too. That's probably for the best. However, they should know that both Rosemary Singer and Serenity Blossom will play for Kindiak Park. Those two are incredibly good at basketball, last year their team won a medal in the Rockies' High Schools Championships. They are joined by Snow Meadow, Jubilee Song and Honeycomb Nectar!"

"Hmm..." you ponder, looking at the players Velvet Sky mentioned, they look quite athletic and ready to kick your team's butts.

"We shouldn't worry about them right?" Thunderbass confidently says at first, "...right?"

"Let's hope not," you reply without looking at him.

"...yeah," Thunderbass says, now feeling quite uneasy, "I wish Velvet didn't have to say that..."

Both Rainbow Dash and Serenity Blossom walk to the middle of the court and line up for the jump, the referee lets them have it and all hell breaks loose.

Rainbow Dash loses the ball and Serenity Blossom quicky passes it to Rosemary Singer, she doesn't struggle and quickly evades Sweetie Drops and Sonata, Sunset tries to catch up with her, but it's worthless...Rosemary jumps and scores Kindiak Park's first two points.

"The heck was that?!" Aria yells, "Sonata! Pay attention you dumdum!"

Sweetie Drops passes the ball to Sonata who quickly tries to pass it to Sunset Shimmer, howevr the ball is intercepted by Honeycomb Nectar, who quickly dashes to your team's court and shoots from outside the three-line area, the ball goes inside the basket and now Kindiak Park is beating your team 5-0.

"What? Is that all you've got Canterlot High?" Crimson Fire laughs at Rainbow Dash, who just grits her teeth.

"We're winning you big meanie!" Derpy yells at him.

"What? Didn't you read the memo?" Crimson Fire replies, "both Karate and the Basketball events are worth more points due to the duration of the matches and the scoring system."

"He did what?!" Twilight says as she takes a look at the rulebook, "there's nothing about that in here."

"That's because Superintendent Discord proposed that change to the Board right after the repechage event as a way to...balance things further," Conifer Cone says, "the change was approved by the Board last week."

"That dirty rotten bast-" Aria tries to say before your teammates interrupt her.

"How come Celestia didn't say anything?" Heath Burns says.


"Indeed. How come Celestia?" Superintendent Discord says with a devilish grin, "I sent out the memo to your secretary, Ms. Raven...didn't you read it?"

"Umm...I guess not," Principal Celestia adds as she tries to recall if Raven handed out some papers to her, the secretary doesn't recall getting any papers from him either however.

"Well...GO AND LOOK FOR THEM!" Both Principal Celestia and Superintendent Discord yell at Ms. Raven, who just cries and quickly leaves the court.


The match keeps going, and it has entered its last quarter...your team is losing by a lot of points, 62-102.

"Crud...there's no way we can win this," Sunset Shimmer says while panting and gasping.

"She's probably right. According to the new rules, the score difference is key here, if Kindiak Park keeps scoring they'll get more bonus points," Twilight says as she taps on her favorite calculator's keys.

"How many?" You ask.

"Right now?" Around six hundred... "they really need to close the gap between them if we don't want to lose by a greater margin. It'd be up for you boys to keep up as well."

"No need to tell us twice Twi," Flash says as he gets the boys to warm up.

"Good, I'll call the shots for the next match," Twilight says, "Rainbow Dash looks a bit too anguished right now."

"That's an understatement," Lyra says as she points at Rainbow Dash, who just lets out a cry in agony as Honeycomb steals the ball from her and nets another couple of points, this time she even dunked the ball as hard as she could, just to humilliate your team further.

"That would be 620 points," Twilight says.

Crud, you have to do something right now!

"Come on Sunny! Don't give up..." You say to your friend who right now looks miserable, it looks like she's not able to respond right now, what else could you try?

"I got it!" You say as you snap your fingers as an idea comes to mind, "SUNNY! Do you remember what you taught me in moments like these?"

"WHAT?!" Sunset replies in an upset tone of voice.

You turn around and pull your shorts down a bit to let her see your rump, making her blush...then you immediately pull your shorts up once again. Sunset Shimmer can't believe what you just did, but tries her best to stifle a chuckle.

"He he he...you're a crazy Anon," Sunset Shimmer says before receiving the ball from Sonata, Sunset then recovers a bit of her confidence when she looks at Rosemary Singer's body, who is trying to steal the ball from her.

"Eugh...why are you looking at me like that?" Rosemary says, sounding a bit disgusted, Sunset just lets out a laugh and quickly evades her, then shoots the ball from outside the three-line area and scores 3 points for your team.

"Good job Sunny!" You happily say.


The match comes to an end. And thanks to Sunset's quick and determined reaction your team was able to lose to a difference of 20 points against Kindiak Park. Sunset Shimmer was able to score multiple 3 point shots, however the time was not enough and right now Canterlot High is losing against Kindiak Park by 310 points.

Rainbow Dash sits down and places a towel over her head.

"It's not the end of the world Rainbow Da-"

"SHUT UP ANON! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Rainbow Dash barks at you, you just shrug.

"As you wish Captain...sorry," you slowly back away from Rainbow Dash, she sure is a sore loser, but you'd be one too if your butt was on the line.

"Very well..." Twilight says as she quickly choses the boys for the basketball match, "Big Mac! Bulk Biceps! Sandalwood! Brawly Beats and Ringo!"

"YEEEEEEEEAHHHH!" Bulk Biceps loudly yells. The rest of the guys say nothing and quickly jump to the court.

"This sure is gonna be an exciting match don't you think Leaf?" Velvet Sky says, "it seems that after the girls' defeat the boys of Canterlot High look focused!"

"Indeed, and as for this match...Crimson Fire will be competing along with Forest Woods! Rainstorm! Bronze Sword and Light Glow!" Sweet Leaf announces Kindiak Park's players.

Both Big Mac and Crimson Fire line up and the referee starts the match, Crimson Fire wins the ball and passes it to Forest Woods, who quickly evades Ringo and passes the ball back to Crimson Fire who quickly dunks the ball inside the net and taunts your team.

"Don't desist dearies! You can do it!" Rarity tries to cheer up your teammates with her dance moves.

"Thanks for the support honey...I really needed that," Crimson Fire says to Rarity as he walks next to her, then all of a sudden he slaps her butt, then he rejoins the team.

"THAT SON OF A-" You barely manage to say as you step into the court, Rainbow Dash however shoves you back to your seat.

"SIT DOWN!" She yells, "if you do something stupid again Anon you'll end up getting us disqualified!"

"But!"

"Don't give me that macho ego crap right now! That's why I left you take care of things in the Karate event...you'll kick his butt later okay?!" Rainbow Dash mutters as you take another look at Rarity who looks quite embarrassed, "can't you see Superintendent Discord is looking for any excuse to kick us out of the tournament?"

You take a deep breath and calm down before letting out a defeated sigh and you just say "...okay."

"That's exactly why I'm leaving that huge jerk to you Anon, I could've asked Bulk Biceps to teach him a lesson...but that's a thing I'm trusting to you okay?"

"Okay, by the way Captain..."

"Yeah?" Rainbow Dash arches an eyebrow.

"If that idiot did that you I would've stepped right into the court to beat him up," you angrily say.

"...y-you're supposed to say that to Rarity dumbass," Rainbow Dash blushes hard.


The match ends with another sour defeat for your team, and the distance between Canterlot and Kindiak Park is getting bigger...the last event is finally here, and your opportunity to show Crimson Fire what you got has finally arrived

Author's Note:

I published a new story called Sunset Driver go check it out if you wish.