• Published 4th Jul 2020
  • 2,361 Views, 100 Comments

My Little Pony: How the Magic of Friendship Grows (Season 1) - Majestical4729



A new series that stars Luster Dawn and her best friends as they attempt to improve friendship.

  • ...
7
 100
 2,361

9. Independent Morality

Author's Note:

Independent Morality serves as the ninth episode of the series.

Summary: Sunshine Rays, strongly believing that morality is independent of the other Elements of Purity in ensuring some creature does what is right, confronts all the smokers in town, ignoring her best friends' words.

Acknowledgements:

Some information from PressBooks 8.2 Environmental Pollution-Introduction to Human Geography is used in this chapter.

Information from Smoking - Wikipedia

Information from Effects of smoking on the body | Smokefree - NHS

Information from Reasons People Smoke | Smokefree Veterans

Information from Do You Know... Tobacco - CAMH

Featured Song: A Morality Story

Featured Characters:

Kestrel, a preteen griffon, Falcon Dive's younger sister

Clear Sky, a preteen pegasus, Sunshine Rays' younger brother

Scenery, a grown-up changeling, Nature Bloom and her siblings' mother.

Landscape, a grown-up changeling, Nature Bloom and her siblings' father.

Terrain, a preteen changeling, Nature Bloom and Terrain's father.

Floweret, Flowering and Florescence, three five-year old changelings. They are Nature Bloom and Terrain's younger sisters, as well as Scenery and Landscape's triplet daughters.

In the Changeling Kingdom, Nature Bloom was showing a few of her best friends around, as they brought their younger siblings over for the children's playdate.

"I'm glad that you all got to see my former homeland once again," Nature Bloom told her best friends, "It may not be my home anymore, but it still is amazing as it is, and having a special place in my heart!"

"Oh, Nature Bloom, always saying the sweetest things about everything and every creature!" Sunshine Rays commented in a plain tone.

"This place is really full of interesting action, ever since King Thorax and Prince Pharynx allowed changelings to use shapeshifting powers for plays and acts!" Falcon Dive's younger sister Kestrel declared.

"And we'll watch one later, because right now, we're visiting your friend!" Sunshine Rays told the pre-teen griffon.

Nature Bloom knocked on her parents' door, which was soon opened, revealing her parents themselves.

"Nature Bloom! My dear, daughter and heroine of mine, welcome home!" Scenery, Nature Bloom's mother greeted.

"Um, Mum. I may be a famous heroine since the Special Rainboom Connection Anniversary, but I'm still a family member here, like before." Nature Bloom reminded.

"Sorry, Nature. We just...can't help but feel like calling you a heroine, I mean, you don't live with us and barely see us, your visits are as rare as royalty visits," Landscape, Nature Bloom's father explained.

"Nature Bloom! Big sister, you're back!" Terrain, Nature Bloom's younger brother greeted, rushing to his older sister to give her a hug.

"I missed you too, little brother Terrain." Nature Bloom embraced the hug.

"Terrain!" Clear Sky greeted.

"Hi Clear Sky and Kestrel, and your big siblings, Sunshine Rays and Falcon Die, the famous heroes who saved us all from Eclipse Instant." Terrain greeted.

"Good to know that you know about our heroic actions, even though you did not get to see them back there," Falcon Dive proudly responded.

"And, you don't really need to mention about what happened with Eclipse, that whole thing is over weeks ago.

"And we can use some relaxing time to talk about our lives and learn from one another," Nature Bloom stated.

"Well not us! That's way too grown up for me!" Kestrel commented.

"Yeah, we're playing some heroic adventure!" Clear Sky added.

"Have fun with that!" Sunshine Rays told the kids, before sitting down for tea with her best friends and Nature Bloom's parents.

"Hi, Floweret, Flowering and Florescence! It's been long since you last saw me!" Nature Bloom greeted her toddler younger sisters, who ran up to her and her best friends.

"So, Nature? How is life in the Castle?" Scenery asked.

"It's alright, with my best friends by my side," Nature Bloom replied.

"Great to know that you're fine without us, Nature, but we are really hoping that you can..." Landscape began, before being interrupted by Sunshine Rays' screams.

"Is that...a box of cigarettes?!" the pegasus asked the kids, pointing at the item in between their hooves and claws.

"No it isn't?" Clear Sky lied, hiding the object.

"Clear Sky, as your big sister, I need to know if you're doing something good or not!Especially when I'm the Element of Morality!" Sunshine Rays marched up to the colt, trying to snatch the box.

The three kids kept the box away from the white coated pegasus by passing it to each other constantly, for a few seconds before Falcon Dive swooped in and ruined their fun.

"Oh, Falcon!" Kestrel complained.

"Sorry little sister and creatures, but we older siblings need to look out for you," Falcon Dive told the kids, giving the box to Sunshine Rays.

"As if! Can't you just give us some privacy and what we wanted? You are the Element of Selflessness, after all!" Terrain pointed out.

"Sorry, but the only wishes of others I am alright with are the ones that are good!" Falcon Dive responded.

"Spoken like your girlfriend!" Kestrel sarcastically commented.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Falcon Dive said in unison with Sunshine Rays who said, "I'm not his girlfriend!"

"They're just best friends with each other, and the rest of the Heroic Ten members," Nature Bloom clarified.

"And I should have known that this is what I thought it was: A box of cigarettes!" Sunshine Rays angrily announced, holding the box up.


After the series' theme song intro played, Sunshine Rays asked every creature, "How can this place have a box of cigarettes?! There's a preteen and a triplet of kindergarten kids living here! It's bad for them!"

"Actually, Sunshine, those cigarettes belonged to a friend of mine, who sadly passed away before the day you and your friends graduated from the School of Friendship. No creature uses them, I just keep them to remember him." Landscape explained.

"And risk influencing your kids to have cigarettes and smoke?! Especially when you could have a picture of your friend to remember him instead?!" Sunshine Rays roared.

Realising that their Best Friend was about to unleash her anger, Falcon Dive and Nature Bloom took immediate reaction and rushed to stop the pegasus' rage from rising up her temper meter.

"Hey!" Sunshine Rays shrieked, the second Falcon Dive placed his claw on her shoulder and pushed her away from her position, apologising, "Sorry about that, every creature! But Sunshine really needs to cool down."

"And I'm really sorry about her temper, Dad." Nature Bloom apologised.

"It's alright, I see that your Best Friend has a good point. Having cigarettes really do have consequences," Landscape explained, "I suggest that I get rid of them so the kids will not suffer from any bad influences because of them."

After Landscape walked away with the box of cigarettes (that Sunshine Rays dropped earlier when Falcon Dive pushed her) the white-coated pegasus was pulled up by her griffon best friend who apologised to her about the push.

"Sorry, Sunshine. About that push earlier, I just thought that you needed to be away from Mr.Landscape so you can cool down. I mean, you were getting really out-of-control!"

"Sorry, Falcon Dive. It's just...you know that I really don't like anything that can be a bad influence," Sunshine Rays replied in a gradually getting angry tone.

"I totally know. I mean, as your best friend, I know what you dislike the most." Falcon Dive said.

"Number One: Anything and everything that makes creatures immoral! Number Two: Those who teach others the wrong things, changing the facts and rules! Number Three: Those who protest against the real rights! and facts!" Sunshine Rays listed as her temper grew, and the background transformed from black to the colour of the burning sun and flames behind the pegasus.

"Don't worry, my Dad probably got rid of those cigarettes! You don't have to worry about them anymore!" Nature Bloom assured.

"But that's only for this place," Sunshine Rays pointed out, as the screen zoomed out to reveal the whole living room and dining room of Nature Bloom's family's residence, "There are probably other creatures out there smoking away, and being a bad influence that encourages others to do the same!"

"And as heroes, we care about them!" Falcon Dive declared in a heroic tone.

"In other words, we are going to stop smokers one and for all!" Sunshine Rays declared, causing every creature who heard her to gasp.

"But, that will mean I will never get to know what smoking is like!" Terrain complained.

"Smoking is bad for you!" Sunshine Rays scolded, causing the preteen changeling to back down and whimper, as well as making the toddler triplets cry.

Seeing the children crying, Nature Bloom helped her mother carry the little changelings somewhere away from Sunshine Rays.

"Smoking is bad for every creature! Those who smoke, those around them, and every creature who knows that they smoke!" Sunshine Rays dramatically continued announcing what she knew.


Later that evening, the Heroic Ten gathered at the Dining Table for dinner with Luster's parents as usual, before Sunshine Rays, Falcon Dive and Nature Bloom entered the room.

"Hi, Sunshine, Falcon and Nature! So, how was the Changeling Kingdom? And your younger siblings' playdate?" Luster greeted before asking.

"Not as great as we hoped it will be." Falcon Dive answered.

"We were supposed to have a relaxing time while having tea inside my parents' house, but then Sunshine, after discovering that there were cigarettes in the house..." Nature Bloom began, before Volcano cut her off.

"Let me guess. Started going mad and insane, started another one of her explanations why something is bad, most likely saying that it is a bad influence, and scaring some creature."

"Totally!" Falcon Dive responded, "And made Nature's triplet sisters cry."

"How come you know all that?" Nature Bloom asked.

"Not so long ago, I decided to recruit Sunshine as my back-up teaching assistant in case Alkali is busy, since Sunshine seems to be the most available creature among the rest of you, having a job as a writer and weather helper. But, she unfortunately was way too scary that Principal Calligraphy did not allow her to be a teaching assistant..."



In a flashback, Volcano and Sunshine Rays were in Principal Calligraphy's office, with Volcano explaining, "Alkali has been getting more and more encouraging requests lately, and since I can't be too dependent on her, I figured to recruit Sunshine Rays as back-up teaching assistant."

"I understand, Volcano. But first, I need to see how Sunshine teaches, before making the decision." the principal responded.

"Alright, starting with Physics, Sunshine?" Volcano asked.

"Don't worry, Volcano, I'm sure that my way is not boring," Sunshine replied.

A few minutes later, Sunshine Rays was writing equations on the board while using loud, scary tones like she would when she was her alter-ego Moonshade Fright as she told her audience, "Anything travelling at great speeds can have large impacts on something! And in case the formula Resultant Force equals Mass times Acceleration does not work (because of the velocity being constant, making the acceleration zero,), you got back-up formulas! Kinetic energy is calculated as half times mass times velocity squared! Using this formula, you can find force by taking the energy divide distance travelled, as it is work done over distance travelled in the direction of the force! And since energy can be increased when something falls or goes at a great speed, killer litter is super serious!"

Volcano gulped as he knew that one of Sunshine Rays' loud, scary booming explanations was on its way as the latter explained,"Even a very light paper clip can bring a harmful impact if it falls and lands on some creature! It can fall at the speed of ten metre per second from a height that is ten metres or less! Because the free fall on Earth acceleration, 10 metre over second square, is opposed by a negligible air resistance, since the paper clip is not like a feather or a piece of paper, its acceleration will be close to ten metre per second square, in other words, getting faster in the rate of being ten metre per second faster than its speed the previous second!"

"A paperclip has a mass of one gram, which is one over one thousand kilogram. One over one thousand is also ten to the power of negative three, and taking this number to multiply the acceleration, ten metre per second, will give you one over one hundred Newtons, ten to the power of negative two. So we have one over one hundred Newtons as the resultant force, unless there is an opposing force to subtract. But just because the force is small, doesn't mean the everything will be fine!" Sunshine Rays' voice boomed, making Volcano say, "Uh-oh," very softly for himself to hear.

"Instead of force, pressure, defined as the force acting per unit area, is there to bring the impact! If the area of contact is its smallest side, estimated as one mm times half cm, which is ten to the power of negative three times ten to the power of negative two, metres square, which is ten to the power of negative five, metres square... it shows how small the area is! And worst of all, pressure is inversely proportional to area! I no other words, the greater the area, the lesser the pressure, but the smaller the area, the greater the pressure!"

After another burst of her loud booming voice, Sunshine Rays finished her calculations, "One over one hundred Newtons, which is ten to the power of negative two Newtons, divided by ten to the power of negative five metre square, will give you ten to the power of three, which is one thousand Newton per metre square! Very impactful for something so small! And if one little paper clip can already insert a lot of pressure, something heavier than it will cause even more pressure exerted, because pressure is directly proportional to force! Increasing when the force increases! So don't throw anything out the window, nor drop anything from a great height, unless you want to risk being a murderer!Being RESPONSIBLE for some creature's DEATH by throwing something down that hits them with a large amount of pressure to impact them!"


The scene then changed to show Sunshine Rays showing how she would teach Direct and Inverse proportions.

"If two things are inversely proportional, that means when one increases, the other decreases. Pressure, as force over area, is inversely proportional to area. So when area increases, pressure decreases. When area decreases, pressure increases. One common example that comes up in Math Tests is Real-Life Scenario asking how many workers are needed to do something in an amount of time. Only one variable should remain the same, while the others to change."

Volcano said to himself, "Well, so far so good."

"Like when five workers can complete two houses in three days, we can find how long it takes for them to complete one house, by having the number of workers remain the same, but changing the number of houses from two to one. And since the number is halved, the number of days need to be halved, since it is directly proportional. Three divided by two is one and a half. One and a half days is acceptable, but there is something that is really unacceptable here!"

"Uh-oh..." Volcano muttered, knowing what was coming.

"Other than the number of houses or things workers can work on, something that can never be a fraction nor decimal is the number of workers!"

Volcano whispered to himself, "Should have known,"

"The question asks how many workers are needed to complete three houses in one day, assuming that they work at the same rate. Since one house can be completed by five workers in one and a half day, we can change the number of houses into three, multiplying one by three, and multiplying the number of days by three, making it four and a half days! Since the number of workers and number of days are inversely proportional, when the number of days decreases, the number of workers increases. So, when the number of days is divided by four and a half to become one, the number of workers will multiply four and a half. Five times four and a half is twenty-two and a half, but this answer is UNACCEPTABLE!"

After Sunshine Rays' voice boomed, Volcano could only whimper, "Oh dear..."

"You cannot put any non-integers, non-whole numbers, as the number of workers! Because you cannot have a fraction of a worker! You cannot split them into halves nor any other fractions to work! Have logical sense! Splitting a worker, a living thing, into fractions, will KILL them!"

After another loud roar that sent sound waves blowing at Volcano and Principal Calligraphy's faces, Sunshine Rays added one more detail in her regular tone, in a rather quick talking rate, "So round up to the integer that is bigger, twenty-three in this case."


The scene then changed to show what happened when Sunshine Rays explained Environmental Pollution for Geography.

"Pollution of the environment occurs when we contaminate the air, water, or land. One of the biggest problems with pollution is that those who pollute, the criminals, are usually not the ones affected by it; instead, innocent animals and plants and other organisms ARE! Seriously, making them suffer from our wrongdoings?! Sulfur dioxide is a primary pollutant, but when it reacts with precipitation is becomes a secondary pollutant called acid rain..."

Before Sunshine Rays could continue, the principal stood up, "Sunshine Rays, I'm sorry, but I can't have some creature who teaches in the way you do in the School. You may repel the students and affect the school's income! I'm sorry, you are just too scary."

"Fine! I still got my other jobs anyways..." the pegasus responded, walking away.



After the flashbacks ended, Alkali commented, "Well, I know that it wasn't good, but it is actually not so bad, plus, my little brother Acid wasn't there, nor here, to hear about acids polluting the environment. I mean, he loves acids, he will never want to hear acids being harm!"

"Back to the main point,Principal Calligraphy did have a point: You are scary. Too scary, Sunshine. No offence, really." Evergreen pointed out.

"And if you want creatures to listen to you, you got to be...less scary so they will...or might not want to do what you tell them to do." Buffer added.

"What?! But, I've seen before that when teachers or parents aren't fierce, kids will not obey them and do the opposite of their orders!" Sunshine Rays protested, "The same goes to adults when they refuse to listen to some creature who opposes their ways, so I made my alter-ego to increase my chances of scaring them into stopping their wrongdoings."

"But still, are you sure you need to be scary? I mean, you haven't tried being nice to them to get them to stop their wrongdoing!" Nature Bloom pointed out.

"Sometimes Nature Bloom, being nice isn't the answer!" Sunshine Rays flew towards the changeling, slamming her four hooves down on the floor in front of Nature Bloom.

"Sunshine! Enough is enough! White pegasus just made Nature scared!" Krona confronted.

"Not just scared, but hurt!" Alkali stated.

"Nature didn't even do anything wrong, why would you be so mean and scare her?" Luster asked.

"Sorry every creature, but if you must know, my mood is not good right now," Sunshine Rays answered.

"Looks like some creature needs a bit of patience lessons," Evergreen announced, referring to Sunshine Rays.

"I'm just wanting every creature to not do what is wrong!" Sunshine Rays barked at the Kirin, "Nothing wrong with that, that is what moral creatures are like! Wanting every creature to be good and do what is right!"

"Doesn't the way they do it counts, too?" Buffer asked.

"It sure does, I mean, if you want to do something good, the way you do it must be good, too! And not like Discord, wanting to do something good which is boost Princess Twilight's confidence before her coronation, but did it by creating disaster which is a bad way to do so!" Sunshine Rays gave an example.

"So, do you think that being mean in order to get them to do the right thing is not a good way?" asked Yellow Bright.

"I already said that I figured that many would take advantage of niceness and therefore, being not nice to them is the perfect way to show that this is serious!" Sunshine Rays replied, shocking the others.

"Oh dear..." Nature Bloom muttered.


The outside of the Castle of Friendship is ten shown, as the moon crossed the horizon, making way for the Sun. The scene then changed to show every creature in the Dining Room, eating breakfast like they would every morning.

"Guess what, every creature," Sunshine Rays told her best friends, "I have prepared a speech and performance for all the smokers of Ponyville to see and change their minds after seeing it!"

"Wait. What?!" Krona asked.

"Yes I decided to have the Mayor of Ponyville to gather all the smokers at the Town Hall, for a gathering, so I can confront them all at once!" Sunshine Rays explained.

"But are you going to be nice to them?" Nature Bloom asked.

"Absolutely not! They can use a scare!" Sunshine Rays answered, causing her best friends to gasp.

"What?! But what if they think you're a monster?!" Volcano asked.

"Volcano does have a point, Sunshine. After all, you did scare Nature Bloom the last time you were Moonshade Fright for all of us to see." Buffer contributed.

"And, you really gave her a scare!" Alkali commented.

"Even though she was not supporting the thing you're against, and was not opposing you?" Yellow Bright finished.

"Back to the main point, you use scaring and being mean too many times, and never tried being nice. And you have a tendency to go insane around knowing immorality's presence. You probably should learn patience and niceness before you do a speech," Evergreen suggested.

"Plus, they may be encouraged to listen to you if you're nice and lovable!" Nature Bloom contributed.

"And, include some diligence. Working very hardly and carefully on it is a good way to show that you do take it seriously, much better than scaring obviously. If you want to do a speech, I know some very effective tactics to write one! I am an all-subjects teacher after all!" Volcano proudly declared.

"No thanks, every creature. But I got everything covered with my Element of Purity." Sunshine Rays told her best friends, "As long as I'm moral, concerned with the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour, I'll be fine!"

"But...you usually work with all of us! As in, morality work with the other good values?" Volcano reminded.

"Yes, you kept reminding me, that I can be nice, but not too nice to the point that I can't get creatures to do what they should do," Nature Bloom pointed out, "That's morality and niceness combined."

"And I was reminded that one can be patient and accept, but not just accept anything and everything! There's a line between the acceptable and unacceptable! Thanks to you, I never accepted any truly unacceptable things! It's morality and patience combined!" Evergreen gave an example.

"And if it weren't for morality, I might have blindly listened to creatures that should not be listened to, like villains! If I ever listened to them, I could have done something immoral and harmful to every creature! Therefore, I'm only a good listener when I have listening and morality combined."

"Diligence may seem to be a sole worker, but it still needs combining. I mean, being diligent is good, but not when you're doing evil work like building something to use for bad purposes, so being diligent is only good when you're doing work for something good! It's morality combined with diligence!" Volcano resumed.

"And I may be good at encouraging, but I won't be if I did something bad as in, encourage others using a bad method or, encourage them to do things that are wrong..." Alkali began, "But the Mian point is, I have been using morality combined with encouraging the whole time!"

"Positivity needs morality, too. I mean, if it weren't for morality to set a border, some creature can be too positive and think that it's alright to do something bad or wrong when it really isn't!" Yellow Bright added.

"Integrity needs morality, too! So creatures like Krona won't tell the truths that are supposed to be kept as secrets!" Krona added.

"Good to know that you all acknowledge morality, so every creature will know that it is super important, as other good values rely on it to ensure their possesses don't do anything wrong or ridiculous!" Sunshine Rays declared, walking off, before Falcon Dive flew in front of her.

"But, doesn't morality need the other good values?"

"Yeah, we did say that it was combined with another good value throughout that discussion!" Yellow Bright pointed out.

"More likely, combined with another Element of Purity?" Evergreen asked.

"And if all the Elements of Purity combined with it to ensure that they do real good..." Volcano began, persuading Sunshine Rays to finish his sentence for him.

"It means that morality is what they all need!" Sunshine Rays answered, causing the others to express shock.

"No, Sunshine. It means that morality combined with the other Elements of Purity to ensure they do real good!" Buffer explained.

"In other words, you'll only be real good if you combine morality with another Element of Purity, so you will really not do anything wrong!" Nature Bloom clarified.

"Are you sure? I mean, morality is basically know what is right, do what is right, why would it be the one needing the others?" Sunshine Rays asked.

"What?!" Luster shrieked, "Don't you get it, Sunshine? Morality is not..."

"Independent?" Sunshine Rays finished the question for the unicorn, "I don't think that it's what you think. Many failed at morality by doing something wrong, and I'm going to show them the real morality."

"By scaring them? As if!" Falcon Dive sarcastically huffed.

Sunshine Rays was about to respond, but was interfered by a burst of magic aura, as Luster's biological mother Starlight Glimmer appeared.

"Luster! Why are you still here?! School has started already! And why are all of your best friends still here?! It's getting late! Don't they have their jobs and work to do?!" Starlight asked.

"Our jobs!" Buffer gasped.

"Got to go!" Falcon Dive said, before dashing off.

"Come on, Alkali!" Volcano instructed.

"Right behind you, Volcano!" Alkali replied, flying after the dragon.

After every creature left, Sunshine Rays, all alone, said to herself, "Great! Finally I can go back to rehearsing without any creature's disturbance..."


The scene then changed to show Luster tidying up the School of Friendship's Library, a second before her five-minute timer blinked.

"Good thing I made it both an alarm and a blinker, and can turn both, either or neither of them off whenever I needed to!" the unicorn said to herself, using her magic to stop the blinking, as she casted a spell to scan the area for trouble, before picking up something.

"Uh-oh! Sunshine!" was all Luster said before using her magic to teleport herself out of the School.

In Ponyville, Sunshine Rays was chased by a mob of angry creatures, and did everything she could to escape, making sharp right-angled turns, flying up and down buildings and bridges, ll the way until she. was blocked by creatures capable of flight, forcing her to dive down towards he ground, where she got trapped in an alley, with three walls surrounding her, the only opening blocked by the mob of creatures, and the opening above occupied by the fliers.

"Got you now, Sunshine..." one of the creatures smirked evilly, a second before Falcon Dive's voice could be heard asking, "Oh really?!"

The next thing every creature knew was Falcon Dive swooping in at a great speed, causing the mob to scatter, in order to avoid the griffon. In one second, Falcon Dive sped into the alley and grabbed Sunshine Rays, and flew out, before taking off into the sky.

"Falcon Dive! I'm so glad to see you!" Sunshine Rays exclaimed in a grateful tone.

"No time to thank me, we need to get you some where safe!" Falcon Dive declared, taking his pegasus best friend to their residence, the Castle of Friendship.

Placing Sunshine in her room, Falcon Dive told her, "Stay here until some creature tells you that it's safe! And that some creature has to be, one of your best friends!"

"Of course I know that, Falcon. Anyway, thanks for the rescue!" Sunshine Rays thanked.

"No need to thank me, I'm just being selfless! Caring about others more than I will care about myself, saving them when they need it, but it's not just selflessness in this case: It's morality and selflessness! I mean, I helped, and the kind of help was the right, or more likely, the good kind of help, saving some creature from an angry mob." Falcon Dive explained.

"So...you do have morality!" Sunshine Rays commented in a grateful tone.

"Combined with selflessness! That's what gets the job done, even though I sometimes forget about the whole morality thing when I'm too focused on...being selfless and helping some creature..." Falcon Dive nervously chuckled, making his pegasus Best Friend express a bit of guilt.

"Actually, you're not the only creature who forgets about the other good values while focusing on your own, Falcon." Sunshine Rays began,"I...I forgot about other good values, too! I was so focused on morality and wanting every creature to do what is right and good for every creature, I really forgot to be nice and patient and...probably forgot to possess the other Elements of Purity values, obviously."

"As some creature selfless, I would never like others suffering like I do," Falcon Dive declared, approaching the white-coated pegasus.

"Yes, Falcon Dive, I know that. But right now, I got some creatures I owe an apology to," Sunshine Rays said, looking at the ground.


Suddenly, Luster and the rest of the Heroic Ten appeared, in the room, surprising the pegasus and the griffon.

"There you are, Sunshine! Thank goodness you're safe!" Luster exclaimed, after her horn stopped glowing as she was not using magic.

"Luster said that mob of angry creatures wanted to catch Sunshine!" Krona explained.

"And I believe I know the reason why:" Volcano declared, before elaborating, "Sunshine confronted all the smokers with her scary performance and speech, acted cruel and disrespectful, and therefore the crowd did not like it, and is angry at her,"

"How did you know all that?" Alkali asked.

"Intelligence," Volcano answered.

"Back to the main point, Sunshine, we have to do something about this situation!" Evergreen pointed out.

"As soon as possible, because you might never be able to go outside ever again if the crowd stays mad at you," Buffer added.

"Maybe you should write a sincere and nice apology letter to them?" Nature Bloom suggested.

"Speaking of apology, I am so sorry, every creature." Sunshine Rays told her best friends, while her ears folded down, "I did not listen to you, I acted mean and scary towards you all, and you did not do anything wrong to begin with!"

"Don't worry, Sunshine, we all forgive you," Falcon Dive assured, placing his claw on her shoulder.

"Krona does not mean to interrupt a moment like this, but she does not think that the crowd will do the same, that easily." Krona announced in third-creature.

"Krona does have a point!" Volcano contributed.

"But, the crowd probably won't be mad forever, I mean, no creature's emotions stay the same for that long!" Yellow Bright tried to cheer every creature up.

"But don't forget, Sunshine needs to fix some...damage that her actions caused," Evergreen reminded.

"And make amends to the whole crowd I just enraged," Sunshine Rays sadly stated.

"Oh dear, you look very unwell, you're not feeling that bad, are you?" Nature Bloom asked in a concerned tone.

"Sunshine Rays replied, "I feel awful...not for just what I did to every creature. I feel like...I ruined all chances of getting every creature to choose my hero, morality, over...immorality."

"What makes you say that?" Luster asked.

"It's a long story...and explanation," Sunshine Rays cried out, before singing about her backstory.

"Morality is everything to me,
the saviour, the hero, who saved me from villainy.
Before it came, to purify,
there was only,
dying desires, brattiness, and a heart of ice.

I wailed and demanded,
for everything I wanted.
Lied to cover up what should be told,
until I was a fourteen-years-old.

While doing a comprehension,
focusing on a text to answer the questions,
zooming in to absorb the story,
about a heroic activist, and her quote about morality.

'Being moral is its own reward,
spares you from consequences of doing what's wrong.
The ability to obey the rules,
will protect the world for as long as all get along...'

The ending saying that glory was restored,
because of the presence of goodness in all.
The story got through to me,
I figured, that I can't let morality fall."

During an instrumental verse, Falcon Dive commented, "I never knew that you used to be...the opposite of moral...I mean, you were always so concerned about if we were doing what was right or not since we first met you!"

Sunshine Rays stopped singing and replied, "No creature is born with the knowledge of what the real rights and wrongs are, morality is something they have to learn themselves, and choose to have it or not."

"If you're so devoted to it ever since, does that mean it feels really good having it?" Evergreen asked.

"More than that, I never got into so much trouble anymore, I knew it was right. Not much punishments, not much scoldings, ever since I changed to become moral," Sunshine Rays explained, "And even though it took away my fun, it became my new interest."

"Glad to know that you benefitted from learning it, but...it unfortunately...doesn't have a very good...reputation, because of some creatures who think that it is all scolding and scaring and saying what they like is bad!" Alkali tried her best to not use nasty words.

"All because of me," Sunshine Rays sadly cried, "Thinking that as long as morality is my only focus, I will be fine, but it wasn't!"

"Morality is helpful and strong and good, but it is even better when the other Elements of Purity work together with it!" Luster pointed out.

"Or any other good value," Yellow Bright added.

"It's just like the Elements in the Periodic Table, which we learnt from Chemistry!" Volcano commented.

"Most of the elements cannot stand alone, they need to combine with other elements to obtain a complete valence shell so they can be stable and unreactive like the noble gases!" Alkali explained.

"Through losing or gaining electrons to form ions and ionic compounds, or sharing electrons to form covalent compounds. For more information, for covalent compounds, there are no ions, as no atom of an element loses electrons, they share the electrons, and the ones that share both get more electrons to complete their valence shells. And the shared electrons are drawn inside the overlapping shells..." Volcano began explaining some unneeded information at the moment before Evergreen cut him off.

"Sorry Volcano, but I don't need think we need that information."

"Whatever," Volcano responded.

"By the way, Volcano and Alkali are right about the Elements of Purity needing each other like the Elements in the Periodic Table, I mean, they are best when one combine with another!" Buffer pointed out.

"Kind of like us," Nature Bloom commented.

"Nature's right. We're BEST when we work together!" Krona declared.

"Better than when we work alone," Falcon Dive contributed.

"And all we said about good values combined before, don't they all make sense now, Sunshine?" Luster asked, turning to her pegasus Best Friend.

"Yes, they do. And I'm so sorry for thinking that my Element of Purity is independent of all of yours in ensuring some creature is good and does not do anything wrong! I was wrong: Morality do need the other good values as much as they needed it to make sure those who possess them is good, and does the right thing!" Sunshine Rays replied.

"Glad to know that you're finally with us, Sunshine." Yellow Bright smiled.

"Then what are we waiting for, every creature? Let's fix the damage and get those creatures to see the real morality!" Alkali cheered.

"And the other Elements of Purity, and the other good values." Sunshine Rays warmly added, before resuming her song.

"Now I know the truth that I used to not know,
is morality does not stand alone.
Combined with others that are on its side,
other good values, and its synonyms,
will help creatures by being their guides.

Working with others,
will improve and benefit them all,
stronger and better together,
it can be assured that Elements of Purity will not fall."

After the song ended as the music started to fade, Sunshine Rays told her best friends, "The other good values will not fall neither, and nor would those who possess them."

"Good to know that," Nature Bloom stated.

"But we still haven't come up with a plan to solve the problems!" Falcon Dive reminded.

"I actually came up with one," Luster told every creature.

"And since listening is one of the Elements of Purity, I am willing to listen to you, Luster," Sunshine Rays politely told her unicorn Best Friend.

"Wow, Sunshine, you really got a hang of this whole different good values thing!" Krona commented.

"A variety of good values is more likely the better way to address it," Volcano pointed out.

"Alright, now listen closely and carefully..." Luster told her best friends, as they huddled close.


Outside the Castle of Friendship, the mob of creatures banged on the door, figuring that Sunshine Rays was hiding in the said building. All of a sudden, Lster teleported herself and Falcon Dive, and Yellow Bright outside.

"Excuse me every creature, is there something we can help you with?" Luster asked.

"There is something, alright!" a grumpy Earth Pony cursed at the unicorn.

"Care to tell us where that rude Sunshine is?!" a grown-up pegasus asked in a furious tone.

"Sorry, I usually like helping other creatures, but unfortunately, a case like this one is not one of those cases," Falcon Dive announced.

"He's probably just trying to cover for his girlfriend!" an abyssinian shouted.

Falcon Dive blushed slightly for a second before confronting every creature, "I do not have a girlfriend! Only best friends and friends and family!"

"And Sunshine Rays may be scary and impolite, but she's really just trying to help you by ensuring you do what is right and good for every creature!" Yellow Bright pointed out.

"And she will make it up to you," Luster added, but the mob doubted the heroes.

"Oh, really?!" the Earth Pony asked.

"then why don't you tell us what she's going to do?!" the pegasus asked in a demanding tone.

"Or what she's doing right now?!" the abyssinian finished, before the mob crowded around the three creatures.

Inside the Castle, Sunshine Rays had finished her script and gave it to Volcano and Nature Bloom, who examined it.

"Well done. The Introduction explaining the topic is just right. The following two paragraphs clearly explains your view with Point, Elaboration, Example and Link. The second-final paragraph being the Counter-Argument to show your understandng of the opposing side, and the Rebuttal to move the focus back to your view. Followed by a good summary." Volcano commented.

"And no nasty words, nor tone. I'm sure it's better than your ...old presentations." Nature Bloom added.

"Great! Thanks for your help!" Sunshine Rays thanked, before taking the script and flying outside


Outside the Castle, Luster Dawn, Falcon Dive and Yellow Bright snuggled with the mob, before their Best Friend arrived and caught ever creature's attention.

"Every creature in this crowd, I am so sorry about earlier, my purpose is not to criticise you, it is trying to help you see that what you are doing has to be stopped, as it is for every creature's good, including you!" Sunshine Rays announced, "And yes, my behaviour did not seem to show I waned what's really best for you as a friend, so now, I am going to reason with you, in a much better way, with a much better speech."

"Smoking is the practice of burning tobacco and ingesting the smoke that is produced. The smoke may be inhaled, as is done with cigarettes, or simply released from the mouth, as is generally done with pipes and cigars. Some grown-ups smoke for stress relief, pleasure, or in social situations. But smokers often become addicted to smoking, and worse, suffer health conditions because of it, and even worse, become a bad influence, motivating others to smoke before they pass on. Smoking is known to be bad for health, and should be stopped!

Smoking can be fatally harmful to the smokers, as it destroys the tiny air sacs, or alveoli, in the lungs that allow oxygen exchange. When one smokes, they are damaging some of those alveoli. Alveoli don't grow back, so when one destroys them, they have permanently destroyed part of their lungs. When enough alveoli are destroyed, the disease emphysema develops. In other words, smoking is self-harm, and it cannot be undone.

Another reason why smoking is something bad and that must be seriously taken care of and stopped is because many had died from it! Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. It also causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease! These numbers are already more than four out of five, and we can lose more creatures than we gain if the situation continues. This proves that smoking is indeed something harmful to every creature, to both smokers and non-smokers, as every creature is affected by the population whether it grows or shrinks.

Smokers, despite knowing the harm smoking causes, still chose to smoke, mostly because of addiction or the feeling they feel when they smoke. Some people feel that smoking helps them to be alert and to concentrate, and also that it helps them to feel relaxed. Research has shown that smoking raises levels of dopamine, a chemical in the brain, increasing feelings of pleasure and reinforcing the desire to continue to smoke. Although having pleasant emotions are better than having negative ones, smoking is not a good method to feel those emotions, as it endangers lives, plus, there are many other ways to feel pleasant emotions that will not harm one's health!

Smoking is burning tobacco and ingesting the smoke that is produced Smokers may find smoking relaxing and stress-relieving, but it harms them by destroying the alveoli, which helps them to breathe. Many deaths were caused by smoking, and the population will decrease if it continues, affecting every creature! Although smoking brings pleasant emotions, other, better methods to feel those emotions do exist. Smoking is more harmful than useful, and should be stopped."

After explaining, Sunshine Rays told the audience, "I hope you can all understand."

The Earth Pony from earlier stepped up, "Sunshine Rays, I accept your apology, and, have to apologise for how I acted towards you,"

"We're sorry, too." the others said in unison.

"Don't worry, apology accepted, plus, how about I show you some better ways to satisfy yourselves, with the aid of my best friends?" Sunshine Rays offered, causing the crowd to cheer that they accepted the offer.

"That was quite a speech, explanation, and offer!" a familiar voice commented.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle!" the creatures greeted, before bowing before her.

"Luster Dawn, my faithful student, I was told that there has been some...chaos and angry creatures storming around Ponyville. I was looking all over the town for them, but found your friend giving a speech out in the open instead." Twilight told the unicorn, before asking, "What is going on here?"

"Well, it's a really long story..." Luster chuckled.

"I can explain, your Majesty." Sunshine Rays told the alicorn, "Today, I learnt that morality is not independent of other good values, it is just as dependent on them, as they are dependent on it, in making sure that some creature does not do something wrong or bad! Ever since I was interested in morality, I always have it as my number one favourite value, and wanted to others to be moral, too. But I was so focused on wanting them to be moral, I forgot to be nice and patient and did not listen to my best friends! I was not really good without the presence of other good values, making myself look bad as some creature who scolds and scares and criticise others for their wrongdoings! My best friends still agreed to help me show others that being moral is still the good thing it is, after how I acted. My best friends also helped me realise that the Elements of Purity are like we ourselves are, helping every creature benefit when we work together as friends! And I cannot disagree with the Magic of Friendship being the most powerful magic of them all! For every creature, and everything."

"Well done, Sunshine Rays, I can assure you that in my presence, Luster and all of your best friends do not need to write a letter to me, but I figure that you all would still like to write such a valuable lesson down." Princess Twilight Sparkle responded.

"She does have a point," Yellow Bright commented.

"We will never want to forget a lesson like that!" Evergreen added.

"We can write it in a notebook," Alkali suggested.

"Or, we can start our own friendship journal!" Luster announced, approaching every creature with a book in her magic aura, "There's plenty of pages for every creature! And yes, it is inspired by the friendship journal you and the Council of Friendship wrote years ago, inspired by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's diary!"

Princess Twilight Sparkle replied, "Thank you for the acknowledgement, Luster, and I will be delighted if you ever published your journal one day, if what happened to me and my friends don't happen to you. " the Alicorn made the Heroic Ten express a bit of shock and fear for a second, before she turned to Sunshine Rays, "Anyway, Sunshine Rays, you really stood up to every creature, and it is indeed an inspiring act. Thanks to you, I have decided be a real good friend to every creature, ensuring that they get the real best thing for them, starting by checking on what should be removed for theirs and others' good."

"That is good to know, your Majesty." Sunshine Rays bowed.

"Now, if every creature excuse me, I must return to Canterlot to resume my royal duties," Princess Twilight Sparkle told every creature, "You all may resume your activities, as well."

In a burst of magic sparkles, Princess Twilight Sparkle teleported herself out of Ponyvillle, disappearing in front of every creature's eyes.

"Now, who's ready to try out some other fun, great, episodes activities to satisfy yourselves?" Falcon Dive asked the crowd of creatures, causing them to cheer.


The scene then changed to show what was happening at the lake near Ponyville; creatures racing with Falcon Dive, swimming with Alkali or chatting with their friends, as the Heroic Ten taught them to get over smoking.

Luster and Nature Bloom decorated the cover of their team's new journal, and showed it to Sunshine Rays, who approached them with picnic snack.

"Hey, Sunshine, what do you think of our new journal cover?" Luster asked, levitating the book for the pegasus to see.

"Acceptable, and I can't wait for it to be filled with our friendship lessons and more!" Sunshine Rays responded, "But that doesn't mean we need to rush."

"That's the Sunshine Rays we all love to have around," Nature Bloom commented, causing a shared laugh between the three girls.