• Published 4th Jul 2020
  • 2,362 Views, 100 Comments

My Little Pony: How the Magic of Friendship Grows (Season 1) - Majestical4729



A new series that stars Luster Dawn and her best friends as they attempt to improve friendship.

  • ...
7
 100
 2,362

18. Mature Madness

Author's Note:

Mature Madness serves as the eighteenth episode of the series.

Summary: Some of the Lil'Heroic Ten's mature older relatives come to Ponyville to visit them, ruining all the fun.

Featured Song: Say No To

Featured Characters:

Twiggy Boulder, the daughter of Maud Pie and Mudbrair, and the maternal older cousin of Lil'Cheese.

Destiny, the first-born child of Fluttershy and Discord, Screwball's older sister. She is adapted from Velveagic Sentry's video on Youtube

Shuttle Dash, Soarin and Rainbow Dash's first born child who is older than the twins, being born on a different year.

"Finally, clear skies, wind, clouds, environment, I'm finally back!" Falcon Dive exclaimed, as he flew loop-de-loops in the air outside of Ponyville Hospital as the sun was setting.

"Be careful, Falcon Dive, you just recovered!" Sunshine Rays called.

"Recovered from your recent injuries, that is!" Yellow Bright added.

"You know, when you went into that building on fire, saved countless creatures..." Alkali began a list.

"But the main point is, you must try your best to not get hurt!" Sunshine Rays pointed out.

"She's right, you know! Every injury costs treatment, and more things for doctors and nurses to do!" Volcano explained.

"Alright, I will take my practices easy, but I have to ensure that I'm ready for whenever some creature needs me!" Falcon Dive told his best friends.

"Did Falcon mean, need the Heroic Ten?!" Krona asked.

"Oh, right..." Falcon Dive somewhat sheepishly replied as he flew down towards his friends.

"Anyway, ever since that horrible incident, I believe that it is time we write some safety rules!" Sunshine Rays announced.

"What?! Sunshine, you're not even the leader Luster is!" Falcon Dive reminded.

"Actually, I have to agree with Sunshine," Luster responded, "Safety is very important, as they say 'safety is the top priority'. And there is nothing that is more important than it. So...rules to keep us safe is something we need."

"Told you I know what I'm doing!" Sunshine Rays claimed.

"Since when did you say so?" Yellow Bright asked.

"Never mind that, let's just get thinking of some rules," Evergreen figured.

"And ensure that all those rules are followed! Not a single one broken! Unless there's an acceptable exception, that is." Sunshine Rays declared.


After the series theme song intro was played, the Lil'Heroic Ten were shown outside the Castle of Friendship the next morning, with Lil'Cheese knocking on the Castle's doors.

"Knock, knock!" the son of Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich cried.

"Who's there?" Muffin Whooves asked.

"Do you think that they forgot that they had arranged some virtue lectures for us today?" Rainbow asked.

"That can't be it, Volcano had everything recorded in his schedule," Sparity stated.

The Castle doors then opened, revealing a tired Evergreen, who greeted the kids, "Good morning, kids..."

"Evergreen! Why are you so tired?!" Precious Treasure asked.

"Did you have a nightmare? They make creatures very sleepy and tired sometimes," Screwball asked before explaining.

"No nightmares, but..." Evergreen yawned, "A team talk about safety rules..."

"I thought Sunshine Rays always come up with the rules by herself!" Bulk Junior could not help but say.

"She has to ensure every creature knows the rules...you can't follow the rules if you don't know what they are..." Evergreen answered.

"That makes logical sense," Sonic commented.

"And you know Sunshine, she can take extreme measures to ensure he rules are followed...like that time when she caught Volcano and Alkali breaking a rule in the Relaxing Room..." Evergreen stated.


In a flashback...

"Nothing like relaxing in the Relaxing Room while reading a nice, science fiction novel..." Volcano said to himself, as he read a book while sitting in a comfortable chair made of the same material as a sofa.

"Hey Volcano!" Alkali suddenly called as she entered, "Come look at this! I'm lying down, but keeping a bouncy ball on my head!"

"What?! Alkali, Sunshine made a rule saying no playing balls in here! Especially bouncy balls! And we all agreed that it is a good rule, because the Relaxing Room is for relaxing, not playing games!" Volcano reminded.

"I'm sure everything will be fine if I'm careful, especially when I'm not hitting the ball too hard like this!" Alkali replied, but she demonstrated the opposite of what she said, as she hit the ball too hard and sent it bouncing all over the place.

"Look what you've done!" Volcano scolded.

"Sorry!" Alkali cried.

The ball's bouncing eventually created lots of noise, that it caught a passing by Sunshine Rays' attention.

"We've got to stop!" Volcano announced.

"On a count to five!" Alkali declared.

"One, two, three, four, five!" both creatures cornered the bouncy ball to a wall, just a second before Sunshine Rays entered.

"Volcano, Alkali, you two aren't playing with a ball here, are you?" Sunshine Rays asked.

"No..." the two creatures turned around and lied, but they freed the ball which bounced Sunshine Rays' way, hitting her face.

"Sorry..." Volcano and Alkali apologised in unison.

The next thing they knew, they had to clean the Relaxing Room as punishment for breaking one of the rules.


"Wow, I didn't know the two of the Heroic Ten break rules!" Sparity exclaimed.

"Are you sure it's two?" Rainboom asked.

"Yeah, because Alkali was the creature who started it," Sonic continued.

"But Volcano lied alongside her!" Bulk Junior pointed out.

"Which is not very good for the while team..." Sweet Caramel Apple stated.

"Yeah, the Heroic Ten are heroes, and heroes must be good characters for others to look up to and idolise," Evergreen explained.

"Spoken like Sunshine Rays!" Big Sugar commented.

"That's because that is what Sunshine Rays used to remind us, she's really an expert when it comes to morality..." Evergreen stated.

"And also the expert at protecting her stuff with scary traps..." Screwball whimpered.

"You're telling me, she booby-trapped her room to protect her books and performance items from any creature who would want to sabotage or stop her performances respectively..." Evergreen stated.


In a flashback, Snips and Snails were sneaking around in the castle hallway to get to Sunshine Rays' room.

"Are you sure about this, Snips?" Snails asked his Best Friend since childhood.

"Of course I'm sure! The best way to make sure Sunshine Rays' performance isn't scary, is to sabotage it!" Snips replied.

"But we already made her so mad when we ate too many wild fruits and upset the animals that live there! She told us that she will catch us to take us to see her..." Snails gulped before shivering, "Moonshade Fright performance..."

"But, without her costume and keyboard, there's no way she can be scary enough to scare us!" Snips claimed, as he used his unicorn magic to open the door, only to get startled by a picture inspired by a scene from the scariest part of a horror play.

The frightened male unicorns screamed in unison as Snips jumped onto Snails. After calming down, the two resumed their attempt to sabotage Sunshine Rays' items. But once they got into the room, the door automatically slammed itself shut, startling them again.

"Snails, is it just me, or did the door closed...all by itself?!" Snips asked.

"It's not just you, Snips. Neither of s closed it, so it closed all by itself!" Snails whimpered.

"Just open it a little...so no creature will notice..." Snips instructed.

Snails tried to do as told with his magic, but when it did not work, he walked to the door knob and tried to turn it with his front right hoof, to no avail.

"We're locked in?!" Snips asked in horror.

"Where's the switch to turn the lights on?!" panicked Snails.

"We are just going to use our magic to light up our way!" Snips reminded.

"Right!" Snails responded, as they both used their horns to light things up, but the switch to the room was still no where to be seen, and worse, they triggered one of Sunshine Rays' other booby-traps, resulting in a pile of trash to fall right on top of them, covering them up.

"Wow, didn't see that coming." Snails said out loud.

"We're almost to her costume and performance things! Don't give up now!" Snips barked, as the two of hem continued, they triggered more traps involving nets designed to look and feel like spider webs, sudden very loud piano notes, a scream of fright being heard, organ music, sharp nails shot in all kinds of directions, closer than ever to hitting the boys.

All the commotion was quickly heard by Sunshine Rays, who walked towards her door to open it, letting a frightened Snips and Snails out.

"I knew it! You two never wanted to see my scary performance to scare you into never doing such thing as eat that many wild fruits , so you tried to break into my room and sabotage what I need for my performance!" Sunshine Rays scolded, "But I figured that there is no need, now that you already got a real scare..."

The two unicorns dashed out of the castle as fast as they could, screamingly in unison, "We won't break into your room, nor the castle anymore! We promise!"


"Wow, Sunshine Rays is really the mistress of scaring for some creature moral!" Sweet Caramel Apple could not help but say.

"She just scare them into doing what is right, or never doing what is wrong ever again!" Rainboom reminded.

"Anyway, she decided that she would be telling you all the safety rules the team had came up with so far..." Evergreen informed the kids.

"Will she be very strict with them?" Screwball asked.

"That's...an absurd question. Sunshine Rays is always strict, she never accepts anything that is not good!" Bulk Junior reminded.

"And she takes things to extreme measures!" Sonic added.

"And the only game she is a number one fan of is the strict 'Follow the Rules' game!" Lil'Cheese concluded.

"The one game with the main purpose of following the rules!" Muffin Whooves stated.

"Break any one of the rules, and you're out!" Sparity stated the main thing about the game.

"The player who doesn't break any of the rules until the time is up wins for the basic level," Precious Treasure explained.

"And the player who can follow all the rules until all other players are out ,wins for the hard level," Big Sugar resumed.

"That is totally what Sunshine Rays likes, following the rules!" Bulk Junior finished.


That evening, Lil'Cheese returned to Sugar Cube Corner. Skipping his way in like usual as he announced, "I'm back!"

"Lil'Cheese! Guess what, sweetie?!" Pinkie Pie excitedly dashed to the front of her son, "Tomorrow, is a once in a blue moon event!"

"Huh?" Lil'Cheese asked.

Pinkie Pie immediately fell into dramatic depression to see that her son forgot the occasion, as she put on a dramatically sad face as tears flowed out of both of her eyes, "You forgot?"

"Really, I don't remember after all those virtue lectures I went though today..." Li'Cheese admitted.

"Your cousin Twiggy Boulder is going to have a playdate with you and your friends! And the twins' older brother, Shuttle Dash, and Screwball's big sister Destiny! They are going to be teenagers next year, so they are so mature, they take care of their grandparents! Making them so bus that the only time they can come to play is when some creature else in their families can take care of their grandparents, and Twiggy Boulder is going to visit...at the price of your Mum taking care of your grandparents! Her parents!" Pinkie Pie explained.

"But that means you will miss the playdate!" Lil'Cheese pointed out.

"I'm not actually going to take part in it, neither are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, nor their husbands Soarin and Discord!" Pinkie Pie explained.

"Then, you mean that..." Lil'Cheese began, before being cut off by his mother.

"Your cousin, and the going-to-be-teenagers are going to take care of you and your friends throughout your playdate tomorrow! Because we grown-ps all agreed that they can handle you kids!"

"But we don't need that much taking care of!" Lil'Cheese protested.

"Uh, uh, uh! Don't you remember what happened the day when your Dad and I had a huge misunderstanding with Volcano and Alkali?" Pinkie Pie asked after arguing.


In a flashback...

Pinkie Pie was busy making a cake in Sugar Cube Corner, mixing cake batter in a bowl like she was a whisking machine as Lil'Cheese approached her.

"Hey, Mum. Volcano and Alkali are wondering if you will allow me to be their...test subject...for a little science experiment..."

"Sure, Lil'Cheesy! Those two can be trusted!" Pinkie Pie answered, not quite aware of what she was told due to how busy and focused in work she was.

Some time later, Cheese Sandwich entered the kitchen and asked his wife, "Hey, Pinkie, have you seen our one and only Lil'Cheese?"

"Sure, I saw him." Pinkie Pie answered, while still being more focused on her work than everything else.

"Then, do you know where he is right now?" Cheese Sandwich asked, looking around as he turn his head as far as it can go.

"He's being the test subject for Volcano and Alkali's science experiment," Pinkie Pie replied.

"Oh, I'm sure he will be a perfect..." Cheese Sandwich started, before realising what they were saying, and panicking, "Science experiment?! Test subject?!"

"It's test subject for a science experiment." Pinkie Pie corrected, before her panicked husband jumped right into her, ending up right in front of her, face-to-face.

"Pinkie, this is no party pony's joke, but Lil'Cheese, being a test subject for a science experiment?! They're risking his life to test if something is safe or not!" Cheese Sandwich panicked and shook Pinkie with his front hooves as he shouted out the last part of his sentence.

"WHAT?! We got to rescue him, Cheesy!" Pinkie exclaimed, dashing off like Rainbow Dash.

The party pony couple burst into the Castle of Friendship, demanding, "We want our son, Lil'Cheese to be completely fine in one piece, with nothing wrong!"

Volcano, Alkali, and Lil'Cheese all expressed shocked faces to see Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich coming in all of a sudden in a very unusual way that they had never seen before, before Lil'Cheese exclaimed, "Mum, Dad!"

"Lil'Cheese!" the party pony couple exclaimed in unison, as they hugged their son tightly.

"You had us worried sick!" Cheese Sandwich said out loud.

"Why would you be?" Lil'Cheese asked.

"Yeah, the science experiment is very harmless!" Volcano added.

"It's just an experiment to see if showing kids like Lil'Cheese our fun ways of teaching the advanced math and science effective or not!" Alkali explained.

"What she meant is, we are carrying out an experiment to see whether Lil'Cheese taking in our lectures improves his intelligence!" Volcano clarified, "As the experiment is to test and see if kids get smarter under such influences!"

"We do want kids to be able to help and do things that those older than them can! Like open fruit stands or a small food selling business! Or just help out and be helpful! Something like that!" Alkali added.

"So...there's no dangerous experiment?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"Why do you think we would have something like that?!" Volcano asked.

"Well...that's a good question! But...I'm afraid it doesn't have any good answers..." Pinkie Pie retreated.


"Oh...right..." Lil'Cheese nervously chuckled as the events of that day returned to his mind.

"Anyway, your cousin and your best friends' older siblings are surely going o take good care of you, I mean, they barely accept having a break, as they always ensure who they have to take care of is always right by their sides! So they are going to play with, and take care of you! Both playmates and babysitters!" Pinkie Pie concluded.

"Still don't like the babysitter part," Lil'Cheese grumbled.

"Oh com on, Lil'Cheese, they're older than you, they have more...mature...I mean, they are more mature, and can be trusted!" Pinkie Pie informed.

"But I'm even older than when Luster was sent here by Princess Twilight! I'm older! And so are my best friends!" Lil'Cheese protested.

"Sorry Lil'Cheese. The plan was planned a long time ago, and it better go as planned." Pinkie Pie dramatically replied.


The next day, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie took the kids to Ponyville Train Station, where they would be meeting some of their cousins.

"Lil'Cheese." Twiggy Boulder greeted, upon coming out of the train cart and seeing her cousin. Like her parents, Maud Pie and Mudbrair, Twiggy Boulder barely expressed emotions, as she usually speak in very plain, monotone.

"Hey, cousin! I miss you so much! And if you must know, these are all my best friends, and newest best friends! Muffin Whooves, and Bulk Junior! They are children of friends of our parents!" Lil'Cheese introduced.

"Nice to see all of you," Twiggy Boulder greeted, although she still sounded like her, lain, emotionless self, barely sounding excited nor grateful.

"Make way, every creature! Shuttle Dash coming through!" the oldest child of Rainbow Dash and Soarin flew out of the train like his mother would.

"Hey, Shuttle. You're double as awesome as the last time I saw you!" Rainbow Dash chuckled, as she hi-hooved her son.

"Destiny, long time no see!" Fluttershy greeted her older child.

"Long time no see, Mum. I just can't wait to see Dad before going back to taking care of Grandma and Grandpa." Destiny replied.

"Destiny, big sister, it's really a long time since we last touched." Screwball approached her older sister.

"Aw, you girls are just so adorable!" Fluttershy cooed.

"While we, children of the Commanders of the Wonderbolts are better than cute! We're awesome and epic!" Shuttle Dash exclaimed.

"That's something Falcon Dive would say! Did you have lectures from him, too?" Rainboom asked her oldest sibling.

"Of course not! But I heard so much about him! And still, stay loyal to family and friends like Mum would!" Shuttle Dash replied.

"That's something I would like to know and see from you, Shuttle. I just can't thank you enough for looking after my Mum and Dad for me," Rainbow Dash thanked her son.

"That's what I'd do for you, Mum!" Shuttle Dash responded.

"Alright! Since Twiggy Boulder is here, that means that it's...time for Pinkie Pie to get on board this train, and ride all the way to the Rock Farm...to see her parents, and leave Ponyville and the kids..." Pinkie Pie dramatically declared.

"Don't worry. The kids are in good hooves." Twiggy Boulder assured in her usual, plain monotone.

"Whatever!" Sparity responded, a second before the train was off.

"Msake sure that your younger siblings are in good Wnderbolt shape, Shuttle!" Rainbow Dash instructed her son.

"Don't worry, Mum! I will!" Shuttle Dash assured, as he watched his mother take off into the skies.

"It's time I went to Cloudsdale to see my parents," Fluttershy told Destiny, "So, while I'm up there, you have to look after things down here, can you handle it?"

"Sure Mum, I take care of grandma and grandpa for ages now, I'm sure handling 10 kids with 2 other going-to-be teens is something fine! Plus, it's just taking care of 3 kids plus 1 each!" Destiny assured.

"Then, I am trusting you to keep everything under control. And that means nothing really bad happening!" Fluttershy reminded.

"Don't worry Mum, I know what keep things under control mean!" Destiny called.

"So do we." Twiggy Boulder added in her usual plain tone.

"It's so simple, I don't think that any creature will not know what such a phrase means!" Shuttle Dash claimed.

"So...now that we're all here, what's should we do?" Precious Treasure asked.

"I know! Maybe we can have an apple harvesting contest at the farm! That way, we would be helping my Mum and Dad, and having fun at the sam time!" Sweet Caramel Apple suggested as she raised her hoof.

"That will be killing two birds with one stone! Which means accomplish two goals with one action, or...get two beneficial outcomes from just one action..." Big Sugar added.

"That sounds just right!" Lil'Cheese commented.

"That sounds too exciting." Twiggy Boulder protested in her usual plain tone.

"What?! Why?!" Sonic asked.

"At the Rock Farm, we usually don't do exciting activities, we just gather, harvest, and break rocks." Twiggy Boulder explained, "So far, we only have exciting activities once a year during Hearth's Warming. Otherwise, no exciting activities."

"Oh come on, cousin! I thought you and the Pies accept the way my immediate family is! Fun, party-loving, funny..." Lil'Cheese began, before Twiggy Boulder cut him off.

"I know cousin, it's just...I don't do excitement." Twiggy Boulder plainly informed.

"That's not a big deal, you can just watch us!" Muffin Whooves suggested.

"Fine by me, but I never cheer." Twiggy Boulder told the kids.


"Thanks for deciding to help, sugar cube," Applejack thanked her daughter, "And your best friends too! I mean, we can always need a lot of help here on the farm, harvesting, feeding, watering, cutting the crops, cleaning...but most importantly is, a lot of hooves, claws, wings and more creatures should get the job done in fast!"

"I know that there's still a lot to do here, but if you kids are having an apple harvesting competition, that will have the apple harvesting sorted out, and the rest of the Apples will have lesser to do!" Applejack's husband Caramel added.

"Glad that we can help!" Sweet Caramel Apple replied.

"So, who's got a timer?" Screwball asked.

"We can just use the clock! Now it's 10, let's see who can harvest the most when it reaches 10:15!" suggested Big Sugar.

"That sounds alright and fun!" Sonic commented.

"Then let's get harvesting!" Lil'Cheese cheered.

"I'm just watching." Twiggy Boulder said in her usual plain tone.

"The time and competition starts...now!" Applejack announced right at the moment she could see the second hand on the clock striking 12, and covering the minute hand.

As the kids automatically get into the contest, Twiggy Boulder plainly said out loud, "I don't see anything fun about it."

"Then why did you sit out?" Caramel asked the dull pony.

"Because that's why my family do..." Twiggy Boulder answered.

During the game, Big Sugar tripped on a stone and fell, an incident that quickly got noticed by every creature else, leading to the end of the competition before the actual timing.

"Time out! Some creature needs checking!" Applejack called.

"Are you alright, cousin?" Sweet Caramel Apple asked Big Sugar, reaching her hoof out towards his.

"Thanks for your care, every creature, but it's just a little trip..." Big Sugar assured.

"Bruise!" Sparity suddenly called.

"Bruise?!" the others asked in unison and confusion.

"You know a bruise? My Mum told me and my brother that bruises are like cuts, they cut through the skin of whoever has them, and can take time to heal like regular injuries, but those with bruises must be careful and do everything they can t prevent the area around the bruise from getting cut, otherwise things can't worse!" Sparity explained.

Destiny gasped upon hearing Sparity's completed sentences about bruises, and automatically reacted, "We can't let you kids get hurt!"

"Well, we know that you don't want us hurt, but..." Rainboom began, only to be interrupted as the two older ponies quickly pushed every creature out of the field.


"There you go, Big Sugar! One tough and soft cast to prevent your bruise from getting worse!" Destiny told the colt.

"Thanks Destiny, but here at the Farm, a regular bandage is enough, no need for very thick ones!" Big Sugar told the soon-to-be teenager.

"Come on Big Sugar, we going-to-be-teens have been taking care of much older ponies for a long time now! think about what our parents and their friends, your parents, are going to think of us if they see you get hurt under our care?!" Shuttle Dash asked.

"But...my uncle and aunt, who are Sweet Caramel Apple's parents were there to witness that the incident that got me a bruise was completely an accident with no creature with the exception of myself to blame..." Big Sugar pointed out.

"True, but hurt is still hurt!" Shuttle Dash protested as he flew down and landed right in front of Big Sugar, "And we don't want any creature hurt! So, we are going to go through some safety rules that we use on our grandparents!"

"More like, use to take care of our grandparents..." Destiny corrected.

Meanwhile, outside the Barn, Twiggy Boulder got the rest of the kids to play a game of stone stacking, with the only loser being whoever causes the tower to collapse.

"This isn't very fun!" Rainboom complained, as she gently stacked a stone on top of her and her twin brother's stack, only for it to collapse.

"Whoops, tower collapsed. And we both know what this means..." Sonic stated in a dull tone.

"Yeah I know. I lost." Rainboom sighed.

"Twiggy, are you sure about this? I mean, stacking stones is a Pie Family Tradition Game, as one of the few games we play usually, but don't it get a little...tiring?" Lil'Cheese asked.

"That's the secret to putting the family to sleep." Twiggy Boulder answered.

"Wait, what?! It's a put players to sleep game?!" Bulk Junior asked.

"No wonder we're all starting to yawn..." Muffin Whooves added.

"Why should we sleep? IT's still late morning!" Screwball asked and pointed out.

"And every creature knows when nap time is..." Precious Treasure began, before all of the nine kids said in unison, "The end of the day, at night when the moon is up!"

"Alright kids, come on and get inside! We have some important things to talk about!" Shuttle Dash instructed.

"There goes our brother...like the captain of the Wonderbolts...or...in this case, the captain of the kids!" Rainboom sarcastically remarked for her twin to hear.

"He's just being responsible as the eldest..." Sonic reminded.

"And ys I am, being as responsible as I can as the first born of the Commanders of the Wonderbolts!" Shuttle Dash told his younger siblings right in front of their faces, surprising them before they all went in.

"So Big Sugar, my cousin, how's your bruise?" Sweet Caramel Apple asked.

"Well...it does feel kind of...stuffy..." Big Sugar nervously answered.

"re you sure that's what you describe it?" Twiggy Boulder asked in her usual tone, plain and emotionless.

"Well...it doesn't feel like much air is going into it..." Big Sugar responded.

"That's because we don't want much air to go through it! There'a a lot of other gases than just the oxygen we breathe in! And most of those other gases are nothing good! And not juts air, bacteria, virus! And those horrible micro-organisms will like your bruise for their bad reasons! So that's every reason toot want so much air near your bruise!" Destiny explained.

"Wow, you really do know a lot more than I do, sis!" Screwball could not help but say to her older sister.

The sisters' talk was interrupted by Shuttle Dash suddenly plowing a coach's whistle to gain every creature's attention.

"Back to the main point every creature, since we don't want any more injuries, I suggest that we are going to need and make some safety rules!" Shuttle Dash declared after pacing horizontally in front of the kids as he spoke, and before he finished his declaration.

"That is what Sunshine Rays did!" Bulk Junior could not help but comment, "I mean, something like what Sunshine Rays did recently, make up a whole new set of safety rules!"

"Really? If she did make up safe rules, we better know them all." Shuttle Dash figured.

"Any why?" Sparity asked.

"Because Sunshine Rays is the most moral creature we know, and she's always concerned for right and wrong, best and worst. She knows what is best and goes for what is best, which is why she never accepts anything that is not good, and crews lots of rules that are for the better!" Shuttle Dash explained.

"Are you sure that she didn't teach you, too?" Sweet Caramel Apple asked.

"I'm jus following rules that my parents taught me," Shuttle Dash said in a polite, mature tone before going back to business, "Anyway, let' start with the rules I know that Mum and Dad teach."

"Um, Sonic? Please say you remember all the rules..." Rainboom whispered to her twin brother.

"Sorry, with so much that we've been through, I don't think I can identify the difference between Mum and Dad's rules, and Sunshine Rays' rules..." Sonic whispered back.

"Rule number one, ensure that you don't go too close to other creatures, especially don't go too close to many creatures, because doing so can risk getting a lot of creatures infected with a disease that can start off with coming from just one creature, but spread so quickly because of all the contact making!" Shuttle Dash declared.

"Wow, he has a point." Precious Treasure commented, while looking at his best friends.

"Just focus on the speech!" Sonic advised.

"Rule number two, always keep all senses open, as you must be alert for changes in the surroundings like a bird coming your way, loud annoying noises, horrible smells..." Shuttle Dash went on and on, before noticing that his audience were not being the best audience there ever could be, looking uninterested and getting bored so soon.

"Hello! I'm talking about safety rules, here!" Shuttle Dash called out loud.

"Sorry, they can be bait...not so interesting..." Lil'Cheese apologised, making the twins gasp.

"Fine! If it's interestingness you want, then interestingness is what. You. Get!" Shuttle Dash declared.

"Sure thing." Twiggy Boulder plainly contributed.


Soon, afternoon passed by and the kids were far from excited and satisfied. A matter-of-fact, they were upset that some of their older relatives came.

"Uh! I can't believe that our older brother can be like that!" Rainboom groaned.

"Yeah...those rules are so strict, I don't thin we can do anything!" Sonic replied.

"Anything except for walk unless it's an emergency..." Sparity mumbled.

"At least he acknowledged that there are times when there's a need of change in rules..." Muffin Whooves pointed out.

"But they're taking away all of the fun!" Lil'Cheese complained, "I mean, no balloons because they give out a loud, scary pop sound when they burst?! Do balloons always burst in the first place?!"

"Well, according to Volcano, most of them do..." Sparity recalled.

"He's a science expert, of course he'd say something like that!" Precious Treasure told his sister.

Suddenly, Destiny came over to the kids, "Kids, it's lunchtime! Swee Caramel Apple's parents, and Big Sugar's parents, basically their family, has lunch ready for every creature!"

"Thanks for telling us, Destiny. Missing lunch is really something we wouldn't want." Screwball thanked her sister like Fluttershy would.


"Alright, maybe I kind of...take what I said about never wanting to miss lunch back." Screwball whispered to her best friends, as they saw Shuttle Dash placing thermometers around the food.

"What are you doing?!" Sweet Caramel Apple asked the oldest pegasus around.

"Making sure that your lunch is just the right temperature, so none of you get stomach aches from eating not-warm food, nor burn your tongues from eating boiling hot diet!" Shuttle Dash replied.

"What?! Are you sure you're not being negative?" Muffin Whooves asked.

"I'm doing what I should be doing! Checking to keep every creature safe!" Shuttle Dash declared.

"That's so something Sunshine Rays would say." Bulk Junior commented, knowing the white pegasus mare very well.

"And if that's what some creature moral would say and do, you have to go with it. Strict rules to keep every creature safe!" Shuttle Dash declared.

"But drains are made to handle the heat!" Sparity complained, only to earn a glare from Shuttle Dsh, causing her to back down and sit on a chair without a second sentence.


Time flew by and soon lunch was over, and the kids were even more miserable than before. "Lunch was nothing like usual..." big Sugar sadly stated.

"I can't believe that our older siblings are doing all this!" Lil'Cheese declared.

"It's some of our older relatives?" Sweet Caramel Apple corrected.

"Yeah, Twiggy Boulder is your cousin, Destiny is Screwball's older sister, and Shuttle is..." Sonic began explaining, only to be cut off before he could finish by an annoyed Lil'Cheese.

"I know who is who's relative! But one thing for sure of, I don't like how they are doing things, one bit!"

"You'll like it once you are like us." Twiggy Boulder suddenly came out of nowhere, startling the kids.

"Twiggy Boulder, try not to give any creature a heart attack by showing up so unexpectedly!" Destiny reminded the Earth Pony.

"Sorry every creature, but what I meant to say is, you don't see these rules as the good rules they are because you're not like us We are mature, but you're not, that's why we view these rules as the good rules they truly are." Twiggy Boulder explained.

"That does make sense..." Srwball commented.

"But they drive so mad!" Sparity complained.

"And they're taking a lot of our freedom!" Lil'Cheese complained.

"But at least they're not as bad as no to everything!" Muffin Whooves pointed out.

"True, but they still have a lot to say no to!" Shuttle Dash announced, landing right in front of the ten kids.

"Like what?" Big Sugar asked, before the next thing the kids knew, some of their older relatives began explaining through song.

Shuttle Dash sang, "There are many things in this big, wide world.
Many things to do...
But just because you have the ability to do them,
doesn't mean you should!

Destiny sang, "There's more than a few, and some,
things that are really not so good!"

Twiggy Boulder sang in her dull tone to the point that one could barely even tell that she was singing, "So you must stick with the rules..."

All three older creatures sang, "And make sure those around you do so, too!"
"You got to say no!
Say no to cheating, say no to greedy, picky eating,
say no to hurting others,
physically, mentally, and emotionally!"

"But you..." Precious Treasure tried to say something, but was quickly prevented from doing so by the three older creatures' song.

"So get used to the facts,
that you have to say no to lots of this and that!
Say yes to good and no to bad,
that's how to keep things in check!"

Shuttle Dash sang, "If some stranger tells you that your parents sent them to fetch you..."
Twiggy Boulder sang in her usual way, so monotone that it was impossible to tell that she was singing, "You should have known that it is a trick, as what they say cannot be true."
Destiny sang, "You should have known that parents or guardians will never let some creature whom you don't know..."
Shuttle Dash sang, "To take responsibility of looking after you, so you have to tell them, no!"

"We know those basics!" Sparity protested in a spoken tone.

Destiny sang, "Say no to mud, as it makes indoors dirty..."
Twiggy Boulder sang in her usual plain tone, "Say no to not bathing as the number one thing once you're home!"
Shuttle Dash sang as he faced Lil'Cheese, "Say no to whatever you want,
when the wishes don't lie where moral standards roam!"

"So get used to the facts,
that you have to say no to lots of this and that!
Say yes to good and no to bad,
that's how to keep things in check!"

"Keep things in check!
Say yes to good and no to bad!
And keep things in check!"

"Oh wow..." Bulk Junior said out loud, as he reacted to the older creatures' performance.


"Now do you get why there are so many rules?" Shuttle Dash asked the ten kids.

"Yes, they are for...keeping things in check!" Sparity answered in a somewhat nervous tone.

"And to ensure we don't do anything wrong nor bad!" Precious Treasure aded.

"Spoken like Sunshine Rays or some creature who learnt morality from her!" Rainboom sarcastically remarked.

"We kept mentioning that all day, Rainboom." Sonic whispered into his twin sister's ear.

"Anyway, back to the main point, we have to ensure things stay in check, and we're going to have rules for everything!" Shuttle Dash announced.

"And I'm afraid that they are going to be very strict..." Destiny aded.

The kids gasp to hear Destiny say something like what she just said.

"But Destiny, you always..." Screwball began, as her sister landed in front of her.

"Have been so kind? I know, but there are still some things that I have to ensure you don't do, and therefore, I have to say no to..." Destiny explained.


The clock struck three, and the Lil'Heroic Ten were obviously, certainly not any better than before.

"This is really no playdate! No parties because they can take away some creature else's peace and quiet, no loud games because of the same reason..." Lil'Cheese complained.

"No races because you might get some creature hurt!" Rinboom went on.

"No taking non-flyers for a flight because there's a chance of dropping them and getting them badly injured!" Sonic continued.

"No kicking and strength practices?!" Sweet Caramel Apple dramatically shouted.

"No apple harvesting?" Big Sugar asked.

"No reading a book without approval from some creature moral?" Bulk Junior added.

"These rules are far too strict! We don't have any freedom on our playdate! And it's so rare!" Lil'Cheese announced.

"Then what are we going to do?" Screwball asked like her mother would.

"Here's what are we going to do..." Lil'Cheese responded, as a grin grew on his face.

"Oh dear..." Bulk Junior whimpered.


Shuttle Dash was in the skies, watching over the ten kids from above, and spotted them splitting into the numbers that made ten a triangular number, one plus two plus three plus four.

"What?!" the pegasus asked himself, before dashing off to Lil'Cheese, asking the younger Earth Pony, "What are you doing?"

"Splitting up with the others so you can't keep bossing all of us around!" Lil'Cheese answered, leaving Shuttle Dash in shock.

"WHAT?!" the pegasus asked as he looked at the other creatures, no longer in groups, but in ones!

Overwhelmed, Shuttle Dash completely forgot about Lil'Cheese as he dashed off to the others, calling out, "What's the big idea here?! I just made some very strict rules and here you are, breaking them! Better yet, where are the two Pegasi who are taught by their parents, the Commanders of the Wonderbolts?!"

Sonic and Rainboom had hidden from their older brother since Shuttle was distracted by Lil'Cheese. The other kids with the exception of Bulk Junior, raced around Shuttle, infusing the pegasus.

"Stop this! Playtime is over!" Shuttle Dash roared, but a mischievous Lil'Cheese then appeared in front of him, smirking with a party cannon, "Playtime is just beginning."

With that, the party cannon shot confetti out of its mouth, covering Shuttle Dash with streamers, wrapper, and party stuff. Once he got them all off of him, he quickly realised that all ten kids were gone.


"I can't believe we got away from him!" Rainboom exclaimed.

"But I can't believe we ddi all that, I mea...it wasn't really nice..." Screwball stated.

"Come on, we didn't. hurt him too much!" Lil'Cheese assured.

"Hey! Where's Bulk?" Muffin Whooves asked, noticing her best friend's disappearance.

"I'll fly up and take a look!" Rainboom suggested.

"No! Your big brother will see you!" Lil'Cheese informed, pulling Rainboom down by her back hooves.

"Then what are we going to do?" Sparity asked.

"Go on an adventure to find him! And avoid our relatives..." Lil'Cheese declared, before being interrupted by the other eight kids saying in unison, "Some of our older relatives!"

"Whatever! Just remember to doge them!" Lil'Cheese reminded.


In her room, Sunshine Rays was busy making some decisions in her book of rules that she was working on for publishing. "Maybe this rule goes before this one, since it's more important, but then again, this one is very important, and I am working on a most to least important section of rules here..." the white pegasus mare said to herself, before she got a knock on the door.

"Coming!" Sunshine Rays flew over and opened the door, finding Bulk Junior on the other side.

"Bulk! What are you doing here? Now is far from lecture time with me!" Sunshine Rays asked.

"It's a long story! And we can really use your help! And other members of the Heroic Ten!" Bulk Junior replied.

In the mean time, Volcano was working on a presentation about why students must never try their luck with Multiple Choice Questions, and had Alkali to serve as his only audience.

"There are 4 options and only 1 of them is correct! The other 3 out of 4 are wrong! So you got 1 out of 4 chances to get the answer right by guess, and 3 out of 4 chances of getting it wrong! And we all know that 3 out of 4 is more than 1 out of 4 by thrice the number! So you have 3 times more chances of getting it wrong than right! And so...guessing is a..."

Before Volcano could finish his whole speech, Sunshine Rays knocked on the doors so loudly that the noise interfered the presentation.

"I know that means your performance is interrupted, Volcano, but I still will give you a ten out of ten! I mean, som creature knocking on the door at the last part? That's so beyond your control!" Alkali told her dragon best friend.

"It doesn't matter what you give me! Let's just see who's knocking..." Volcano replied as he marched towards the door, finding Sunshine Rays and Bulk Junior.

"Volcano, Alkali! Emergency! We got some kids to find!" Sunshine Rays informed.

Falcon Dive was flying through the air with Evergreen and Yellow Bright looking out for him from the ground.

"Everything is so good so far..." Evergreen stated.

"Something good for all of us, even tough it can be getting even more uninteresting with each...passing second..." Yellow Bright yawned and was about to fall asleep, but was snapped out of it by Volcano.

"Sorry sleepyhead, no time for naps right now!" the dragon declared, appearing right by the Earth Pony's side.

"Smash like tTHIS!" Krona demonstrated how to smash logs like yaks would to Luster Dawn and Buffer, who were trying to learn how yaks do so.

"Alright..." Luster gulped, "At least if I ever lost My Magic, I'll still have a skill to..."

"Luster? We got company!" Buffer informed.

"We got nine kids on the loose, and they are all unfortunately, some kids that we teach virtues to!" Sunshine Rays told the unicorn.

"And three going-to-be teens looking for them!" Nature Bloom added.

"Don't worry, we'll find them!" Luster assured.


Meanwhile, the rest of the Lil'Heroic Ten were still looking for Bulk Junior, with no luck.

"I don't get it! Where would Bulk go without saying nor telling any creature?" Muffin Whooves asked.

"And we still have to hide in these bushes and branches to avoid getting caught by one of the 'you-know-who's " Rainboom added, as she and her twin brother ducked in a bush.

"All this finding's making my hooves squeal to get a stretch!" Sweet Caramel Apple could not hep but say.

"Your hooves don't squeal," Screwball informed the Earth Pony.

"That was personification, so what I meant was, my hooves really needs to be stretched!" Sweet Caramel Apple clarified, as she accidentally kicked a nearby stone with her back hooves into the direction of a beehive, breaking the hive and releasing a swarm of obviously angry bees!

"RUN!" Lil'Cheese soured, as he and his best friends screamed.

Like a superhero, Falcon Dive swooped in and saved the twins, while Sunshine Rays rescued Precious Treasure and Sparity.

"Come on, Volcano!" Alkali cheered, as she and her dragon best friend part ways.

"You'll see me when the smoke clears, Alkali!" Volcano called, before he flew off to blow more t the bees, holding them off.

"Come on, Lil'Heroic Ten! It's your heroes, the real Heroic Ten! Ready to help and do their heroic deeds!" Yellow Bright called around.

"You'll be safe here, we can handle those bees, but please, don't bother them ever again!" Nature Bloom instructed the kids that the others had found and gathered behind Krona and Buffer.

"More deliveries!" Alkali announced, landing right beside with Sweet Caramel Apple, Big Sugar and Screwball on her back.

"Great! So how many of the kids are let to be saved?" Nature Bloom asked.

"Make that even lesser! I found Muffin!" Sunshine Rays answered, "And not to mention that Bulk was with us the whole time!"

"And I got Lil'Cheese! So we have ten out of ten!" Falcon Dive declared.

"And Evergreen calmed the bees down!" Krona informed, as what she was saying was true, Evergreen was playing her harp's soothing music that could calm almost any creature down.

"And there! The beehive is fixed!" Luster announced after levitating a fixed-with-magic beehive up to its branch, to put it back where it belonged.

"So, why did all of you creatures devise such a horrible plan to get away from some of your older relatives?! And the rules they set up?!" Sunshine Rays asked the kids.

"Because they are so...mature and..." Lil'Cheese nervously gulped.

"Mature?! Those rules are set up for kids! And not just kids, every creature! To keep them safe!" Volcano explained.

"Are you sure that all of them are like that, Volcano?" Alkali asked.

"Well, now that you mentioned it..." volcano stammered.

"Maybe we should take a look at what's on the list..." Luster declared.


Soon, Sunshine Rays had a complete look at Shuttle, Destiny and Twiggy Boulder's set of rules.

"God news and bad news." Sunshine Rays declared, "Good news is, these rules do prevent whoever follows them from doing bad or wrong deeds, but the bad news is, there are somethings that are really way too strict!"

"But I thought you liked things being strict! Saying the more rules you obey, the better!" Shuttle Dash opined.

"True that I love to see creatures being obedient and following rules, but there's a line, there are some rules that are for the better, and some that aren't! Like you can't have 'don't eat anything at all' as a rule! It's against needs!" Sunshine Rays explained, "And when you get some creature to go against their needs all because you want to test their resistance, it's nothing good, because that is something you don't even need to do!"

"We're just glad that you're here, Sunshine." Bulk Junior admitted, "The real morality expert."

"And I can't believe we went too far with those measures!" Destiny added.

"Come on, Destiny, we Kow that you just want to keep every creature healthy, safe and alright!" Nature Bloom assured.

"Me too." Twiggy Boulder plainly stated.

"So you're saying that somethings can be allowed?" Shuttle Dash asked Sunshine Rays.

"There's a limit between too strict and alright, but I'm sure I can handle it, and help you understand it, and become a better caregiver!" Sunshine Rays replied, "But first, I believe that nine creatures have something to report to Princess Twilight Sparkle, followed by writing a lesson ten times!"

Lil'Cheese and the others sadly responded to what Sunshine Rays had to say, just before Luster assured them, "It's alright, I will write the letter for you! So, what would you like to tell the princess?"

"Luster, that escape plan is my idea, so I should tell you the whole thing to write to her!" Lil'Cheese admitted.

"But we went with you! So we got some things to say, too!" Rainboom claimed.

"Actually, those strict rules that drove you Gus mad came from me, so I should be the creature who reports the lesson." Shuttle Dash announced, landing right beside Luster.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Today, I believe that the children of the Council of Friendship, or more likely, their going-to-be-teenagers older relatives, Twiggy Boulder, Destiny, and Shuttle Dash, all have learnt some valuable lessons. They learnt that rules do keep things in check, but not all rules are like that, some of them can be too strict, and therefore, not good! There is a line between rules that are too strict, and not necessary, and alright, and rules are meant to set just the right limits, not completely ban something to prevent too much of it, such as playing music and having races! Mature or immature, every creature still have a lot of values and lessons to learn about everything! This is what the kids warned to report to you.

Signed, your faithful student,
Luster Dawn

After Luster sent the letter with her magic, she and her best friends watched the rest of the Lil'Heroic Ten's playdate, which was much better than before, due to the new set of rules there was.

Soon, the day was over, and Fluttershy's husband Discord arrived through his magic portals, calling, "Playdate over! IT's time Uncle Discord brought big kids...I mean, going-to-be-teens home!"

"This is goodbye." Twiggy Boulder told her cousin.

"Oh, Twiggy! Please come back so soon!" Lil'Cheese cried as he hugged his cousin.

"Don't worry, I will. And I can't wait for our next playdate." Twiggy Boulder responded.

Lil'Cheese and the others were shocked to hear what Twiggy Boulder just said, as Lil'Cheese himself responded, "But...you said the you don't take part in fun!"

"Only some kinds of fun, not all." Twiggy Boulder explained, "Anyway, I'm sure our next playdate, is going to rock way more than this one."

"Oh, Twiggy!" Lil'Cheese hugged his cousin again, before letting her leave.

"See our and grandma and grandpa, someday, Shuttle!" Rainboom waved her older brother goodbye.

"We'll miss you!" Sonic added, waving goodbye to Shuttle like Rainboom was doing.

"I'll miss you, too! And don't worry, next playdate is going to way cooler!" Shuttle promised, before taking off.

"And my dear Destiny, how's the playdate?" Discord asked his older child.

"Well Dad, it was a little...chaotic before the Heroic Ten came, but, now...things are all just fine! And next playdate should be way better!" Destiny replied.

"In that case..." Discord made his sunglasses disappear, "Things are fine by me, and your family, Destiny."

"Wow, I never saw Discord say that with my own eyes!" Falcon Dive commented.

"Believe it or not, Heroic Ten, until we meet again, and thanks for the interesting day!" Discord responded, before walking through the portal with Destiny, a second before the portal disappeared.

"He knew what happened?" a confused Krona asked.

"That's Discord for you..." Volcano remarked.